Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,579 members, 7,847,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4441882 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
Na like this this 14wks immunisation dey be my baby has never cried like he's crying now embarassed since he receive d needles I wish I know ts gonna be like this I for skip d 14wks own ooo angry angry embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
Fattamyfattamy:
thanks for the response ma,but i discovered that he sleeps longer when liein on his tummy
My baby too can't turn from her tummy to her back tho she keeps trying very hard but she's perfected the act of turning from back to tummy for several weeks now. She's still two weeks away from 5 months, I don't think it's a big deal.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hello mamas....my baby is 6 month today. And we tried pap for the first time....the guy was loving it but started crying when ever o remove spoon from his mouth to take pap. He wants the spoon to remain in his mouth while pap keeps flowing (he things it's like breast). And please I need help

1. How do mamas prepare pap and milk for babies.....what I did was make the pap directly on the fire and I discovered that when I added sma gold to the pap, it started to become watery as the pap gets cold.

2. please is there anything I can add to the pap apart from milk.

3. How much milk should I put.

Please make una pity first time mum like me....una thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
queensnow:
Na like this this 14wks immunisation dey be my baby has never cried like he's crying now embarassed since he receive d needles I wish I know ts gonna be like this I for skip d 14wks own ooo angry angry embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry
and give him agbo

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:36pm On Sep 05, 2017
blackFTM:
Hello mamas....my baby is 6 month today. And we tried pap for the first time....the guy was loving it but started crying when ever o remove spoon from his mouth to take pap. He wants the spoon to remain in his mouth while pap keeps flowing (he things it's like breast). And please I need help

1. How do mamas prepare pap and milk for babies.....what I did was make the pap directly on the fire and I discovered that when I added sma gold to the pap, it started to become watery as the pap gets cold.

Thats the same reaction my baby had. Don't let her chew on the spoon, just kinda pour it quick over the top of her tongue and remove the spoon. Don't make the pap straight on the fire, make it with hot water first and make it watery then boil and add water if u need to.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Giddyperson:
and give him agbo

cheesy savage

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
queensnow:

Awww. Pele. You should have given him paracetamol before he was given the injection. Give him paracetamol at regular intervals. He will be fine.

But wait o. You mean you believe in immunising babies? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Don't tell me there is no AGBO available to prevent/treat measles, small pox, polio, pneumococcal, meningitis, mumps, rubella, whopping cough, tetanus, rotavirus . . . . shocked shocked angry angry shocked shocked

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Well,dont really knw what to say!For me,he usually prefers sleeping on his side Dan on his back but wat I notice recentlyy(since he started his flipping things)once u lie him on his side,he flips!He has Gud head control n wen he wakes,he flips back on his back n can keep flipping llike dat till he reaches d edge of d bed!So,dont worry,he will reach dat soon!
Fattamyfattamy:
Good morning mama's,pls my baby z stomach makes noise and sounds lousy pls what's the cause?secondly,when i lie my baby on his chest when he sleeps he won't turn up by himselves when he wakes up so when does a baby face up by themselves he will be five month next week.Biko no pass bye mama zaynie,Akorkor,hunisusie Giddyperson,sansa and other mama's pls respond to my questions.Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
Giddyperson has answered 1
2. Apple puree (boil apple for 3 mins and blend), Banana puree (don't boil, just mash), crayfish (1 level teaspoon max) be creative sha
3. Use your discretion. Babies are supposed to have 500 to 600 mls of milk a day till they are 1 year so

blackFTM:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fattamyfattamy: 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
Sansa143:
Well,dont really knw what to say!For me,he usually prefers sleeping on his side Dan on his back but wat I notice recentlyy(since he started his flipping things)once u lie him on his side,he flips!He has Gud head control n wen he wakes,he flips back on his back n can keep flipping llike dat till he reaches d edge of d bed!So,dont worry,he will reach dat soon!
Thanks for the response ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
2. Apple puree (boil apple for 3 mins and blend), Banana puree (don't boil, just mash), crayfish (1 level teaspoon max) be creative sha
3. Use your discretion. Babies are supposed to have 500 to 600 mls of milk a day till they are 1 year so

hunniesuzie:

And Giddyperson thanks so much for your responds. I will so just that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
Afternoon Evening mamas
Today is our birthday oooo, rejoice with us...

p.s. I have been trying to post since afternoon

picture removed... thanks for the likes mamas

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Julyborn:
Afternoon mamas

Na d dress me i like o!
Happy Birthday dear,may d Lord make your year fruitful& healthy. And may your life be laced with God's great mercy! God bless u.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
Julyborn:
Afternoon Evening mamas

Happy birthday babie. I love the cakes am inspired grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
blackFTM:

Sorry i can't help with pap queries. Our other members of the Ogi Voltron force will come to your aid to add to what other mamas have said.

Cc. Zaynie, Liftedhands.

However, for non-pap related food ideas......

https://alphahandmaiden..co.uk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
Biko I need suggestions. My BIL wants to buy my baby a walker cuz he's noticed she likes toys dangling over her. She's only four months old and I think she's too young for a walker but I agree that she needs something with lots of toys hanging over her. She's outgrown her rocker and we already have a stroller. Is there a nice reliable rocker that can carry a tall 10-12kg baby or any suggestions on what to tell him to buy. Price is not an issue since it's awoof and I wanna milk it. Pls I need to get back to him by morning. Cc: Jazzyjazz, Hunniesuzie, enque, Alphahandmaiden, Zaynie, Naomi14, Chanbaby, Queensnow grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
Giddyperson:
Biko I need suggestions. My BIL wants to buy my baby a walker cuz he's noticed she likes toys dangling over her. She's only four months old and I think she's too young for a walker but I agree that she needs something with lots of toys hanging over her. She's outgrown her rocker and we already have a stroller. Is there a nice reliable rocker that can carry a tall 10-12kg baby or any suggestions on what to tell him to buy. Price is not an issue since it's awoof and I wanna milk it. Pls I need to get back to him by morning. Cc: Jazzyjazz, Hunniesuzie, enque, Alphahandmaiden, Zaynie, Naomi14, Chanbaby, Queensnow grin
chicco is one of the best I have come across

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2017
Julyborn:
Afternoon Evening mamas

happy birthday Cherie bunch.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
blackFTM:

I think you should get the spoon feeder for him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
queensnow:
you berra don't dare....he's gonna bee fyne.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
blackFTM:

1. How do mamas prepare pap and milk for [b]babies.....what I did was make the pap directly on the fire and I discovered that when I added sma gold to the pap, it started to become watery as the pap gets cold. Dissolve the raw pap into a bowl,mixed with little water then pour your hot water into it,then you stir to avoid seeds,after then boil to kill the rawness.what I do,I dish the pap insid my baby's cup,then allow to cold down to my taste before adding the milk to feed him instantly.

[/b]2. please is there anything I can add to the pap apart from milk.I use my boy eldorine,so I add both milk n soymilk.

3. How much milk should I put.mine z usually 2 spoons,it depends on the quantity of the pap.

[b][/b]welcum
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
Giddyperson:

I think the walker is fine.
Get a very good one o. Cos the one I bought tore after my son used it a few times.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
Giddyperson:
and give him agbo
Lol Queen of savage
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
Julyborn:
Afternoon Evening mamas Today is our birthday oooo, rejoice with us...
HBD mini angel...wishing u happy returns

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 10:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
Fattamyfattamy:
Good morning mama's,pls my baby z stomach makes noise and sounds lousy pls what's the cause?secondly,when i lie my baby on his chest when he sleeps he won't turn up by himselves when he wakes up so when does a baby face up by themselves he will be five month next week.Biko no pass bye mama .

My dd is 4 months+ she yet to be able to turn from stomach to back but can turn from back to stomach very well...so I also think ur ds is achieving his milestone well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
If u don't have a high chair u can ask for that since your baby will be needing it more, it will serve u till she's a toddler. I don't think walker is really necessary
Giddyperson:

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
grin
ahnie:
you berra don't dare....he's gonna bee fyne.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
Giddyperson:
Biko I need suggestions. My BIL wants to buy my baby a walker cuz he's noticed she likes toys dangling over her. She's only four months old and I think she's too young for a walker but I agree that she needs something with lots of toys hanging over her. She's outgrown her rocker and we already have a stroller. Is there a nice reliable rocker that can carry a tall 10-12kg baby or any suggestions on what to tell him to buy. Price is not an issue since it's awoof and I wanna milk it. Pls I need to get back to him by morning. Cc: grin

Does it have to be a walker? Be mindful that babies can have a very short attention span. Plus if she is tall she could outgrow it rather quickly.

A walker will not have pieces over her head. I think the most you will get is some pieces that she can reach up for.

Besides at 4 months she still is a bit to young and will not really be able to use it till she is about 6 -7 months and can support her neck fully.

Alternatives to walker could be

● Jumperoo or jumper Also for older babies. From about 6 / 7 months. looks like a walker but is stationary with no wheels to move it about. It comes with activity interface with sounds, lights and stuff to entertain baby and some have high level toys that babies can reach for. Just make sure you check the weight limit as i think many are about 9 or 12 kg or so.

Other options with better longevity of use:

●Infant/baby to toddler rocker / chair - will last up to 18kg. Fisherprice and tinylove do a couple of options. She can use this till age 3. Just get it in a unisex colour so that giddy juniors can use it irrespective of sex. They usually come with a toy bar with a few dangly bits that you can remove when your baby gets older.

●high chair? You can get the type that you strap onto a normal dining chair ( this type is harder to overturn during tantrum momenta especially if you have verry study dining chairs) . Mamas & Papas do a very nice one. It comes with a table and a toy tray. When she is older you can just detach the table and she can use the main dining table. As it brings her up to that level. She can use it till about 3 yrs.

● Car seat? He can get you a nice group 1, 2,3 car seat. Even if it is only group 1, she will use till she is about 3 or 4 yrs old. If you get the type that is combined 1, 2,3 it is till about 12 years! Ok you may not use it for that long but you will get a solid 5 -6 yrs out of it.

Since it is a freebie and cost is not an issue, choose your gift well oh! grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 11:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
myrygurl:

HBD mini angel...wishing u happy returns
Thank u mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 11:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
happy birthday Cherie bunch.
Thank u mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 11:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
Jina24:

Happy birthday babie. I love the cakes am inspired grin
Thank u mama, lol, glad we can help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 11:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
perfectcrown:

Na d dress me i like o!
Happy Birthday dear,may d Lord make your year fruitful& healthy. And may your life be laced with God's great mercy! God bless u.
amen, tnx mama grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.