Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401257 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1392) (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Loooool, welldone for jumping the 2nd hurdle (delivery was first)
Not to worry, 10 weeks and 14 weeks to go after which immunization drama is mostly over

It is well, but I heard 10weeks is not as serious as 6 and 14weeks....Chai God go make am easy for us o jan9th on my mind
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
it will be easy for u in Jesus name,but I think dat 1st immunisation is a child's play, DS temperature is back to normal D boy is already driving his Range Rover sport with his hands and legs always in air
Oh thank God he's better now. And amen oh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
And I tot about it oh.Lets see how Jan will be like.Thanks for d idea.Regards to giddybaby grin
Giddyperson:
Start first. Sansa143, you can expand your business by adding tombrown cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
zaynie:
Beningnasweety if the cough is still there even after using drugs please see a doctor.
It might be an allergy or even not just your usual cough.
Tnx swt...

we are healed cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
Chanbaby:
Hi mamas my baby doesn't eat as much again and he coughs intermittently and he has catarrh(thick yellowish mucus).I gave him piriton triple action no improvement .I took him to his pediatrician he did malaria test and gave him vitamins c, coartem, sinufed and paractemol. I gave him but he is still running temp and his nose is congested. I have applied palm kernel oil, used silverbird and menthol crystal but no improvement. What can I do? Want to take him back to the Dr . The dr didn't prescribe antibiotics cos I gave him fleming 2months ago cos he was diagnose of swollen tontsils.
I know flu J sirup helps in catarrh. Its also for fever and cold.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
Am eating my pancake jejely oh but dis boy won't let me b.Him bite me wit him tooth sef,no b small wrestle we dey do here. He practically wants to eat evrytin going inside my mouth.I had to pinch small pancake,u need to see how him rush am.Hope he is clear to eat it?
Sabi mamas abeg chuck mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
Giddyperson:
lol I tried making tom brown some days back and ended up eating the gnut I fried and using the soybean to make soybean powder and quitting, no energy to fry all those things. At least my baby likes the soyamilk a little and the groundnut was sweet.
I fried all my cereals together and then the legumes I fried separately sha. made it a lot easier.

mek I prepare am for u? u go buy?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Debclem(f): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
casler:

Depends on baby, give pcm at the venue,before it's administered. Continue four hours after, for the day. If it troubles the baby so much, dip her facetowel in water at room temperature and place for a minute, remove and repeat. Please,dont press or massage. Wear baby less after the immunization ,a cotton gown or shirt with pampers will do, depending on the area.
Cappo,say a prayer for my baby don't understand the viral thing, disturbing her enemies. I know this phase will pass away. I will enjoy my motherhood and her babyhood. Amen.

Please don't give PCM before immunization, yes it gives our babies an easy ride but it dilutes the potency of the vaccine. It is advices not to give pcm before and test nothing earlier than 2hrs after administration of the vaccine.

Cc Anugod

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2017
Abeg why is 2kg of Tom Brown almost 30k? Hian!

Giddyperson, why don't you try the ogi method? The only thing that is fried is the soybeans. The millet, corn and guinea corn are soaked together and grounded then sieved like the normal ogi. That's the easiest method I could find after asking around.

@queensnow if I am using unripe plantain flour, at what point do i put it? Is it after I make it like ogi? That is also the point I put the soyabean powder and milled groundnuts abi?

JGracious:
quote author=gigy post=63220827]

No, got the pix from this forum

Thanks to Google.
I found a Tombrown link for you and the screenshot of the contact number
https://dfh.ecwid.com

cc.spiceeamiee

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
From next week. Just started the preparations but I introduced oatmeal porridge sweetened with Apple puree and a little formular and that is the first time she is eating anything without struggles

Damisinto:

Hi teamie, have u started giving LO tom brown?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2017
katchycouture:

I advise you let him be, this is one big temptation you will have to jump and pass...just remove eye from how him and ur sister manages the guestroom.. you will see that they will bond so well and learn how to share the room..

I know a woman who lived with a guy who is her husbands relative, the guy stayed with them for 5 years in their room and palour apartment, people told her to send him away but she was a wise woman who didn't show the guy her anger...the guy travelled to jaPan and today he is a very very rich guy who lives in Abuja, the guy built a house for this woman there in ikorodu and her children travel to the UK with him every year..

What I'm trying to say is ignore this temptation and rather treat the boy like your brother, I know it is easier said than done but it is something you can do...

Pele ooooo.. your husband is a good man and his goodness will open plenty plenty doors of favour and blessings ur way.. oya say Amen
I don miss u... holla me, I lost ur contact.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Abeg why is 2kg of Tom Brown almost 30k? Hian!

Giddyperson, why don't you try the ogi method? The only thing that is fried is the soybeans. The millet, corn and guinea corn are soaked together and grounded then sieved like the normal ogi. That's the easiest method I could find after asking around.

@queensnow if I am using unripe plantain flour, at what point do i put it? Is it after I make it like ogi? That is also the point I put the soyabean powder and milled groundnuts abi?

Shld I make for u?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 13, 2017
gigy:
Please help mama's....Where can i buy this (Tom Brown) I have asked and searched all the supermarkets in my area but to no avail. Please whoever know where I can get this in amuwo odofin, Surulere or Lekki let me know. Thanks
Be like say my customers don dey increase. Can I make for you?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Good afternoon mama's, how is u all(in Jenifa voice)
Y didn't anyone informed me dat our 6weeks immunisation will come with so much drama angry, I slept with DS in my hands as d boy refuse to sleep in bed, his temperature was out of dis world though he didn't cry but I was scared to death...Thank God his temperature is down dis morning and he has been sleeping for D past 3hrs...

We were 3.1kg @ birth and weigh 3.7kg @ 6weeks I was expecting his weight to be more dan dat guess na to breastfeed him well before 10weeks Cos we must weigh 4.kg

Ahhh where's my baby getting weight from? We were 3.7 at birth 6wks we were 5kg.

Cappo pele. I believe he's Ok now. Thank God.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 6:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
Giddyperson:
Start first. Sansa143, you can expand your business by adding tombrown cheesy
Lol.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 6:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
Anugod:
Oh boy... embarassed embarassed
It's well with my soul. I'm already thinking how our own would be. Our first was drama free, we didn't even use pcm and temperature was very normal. I shoulda just left this babe for mumsy till after her 6 weeks immunisation fa cry cry cry

Please someone tell me it'll be drama free for us embarassed make my heart no go tear to pieces, chai. We were 4 weeks yesterday and officially a month tomorrow. Lord save my soul in two weeks time cry embarassed cry embarassed

Don't worry sis. She will be drama free. Cole didn't give any issue except slight temperature in the night till the following day and I wore him only body suit with diaper before 24hrs we had forgotten we took immunisation.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
Thanks dear but I have already bought the ingredients. I just want to know at what point to put the unripe plantain flour if it's before or after cooking it like ogi

Benignasweety:
Shld I make for u?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
jazzyjazz:

This is the one I'm currently battling with!
If I begin to count how much my husband has in people's hands all in the name of borrow ehn.....

Dis days what I tell him is "remember you have a family o! God forbid bad thing should happen do you think all these people will be there to borrow you when you're in need? "

May God help us
I think this goes with mostly nice men. My husband can borrow and give people money anyhow, I won't know when he does it but use to know when he starts counting them I have talked and still talking I pray he hears and to think I will be managing with house needs thinking he doesn't have much at hand.
Let me tell you what I do to him now, I don't have a job yet so I collect #1000 or #500 every blessed day from him and put it in a piggy bank, he doesn't know about the piggy bank but my husband with his nice character won't ask me about the daily money I collect from him when I request for money to make my hair or do other things, he give as well. Am not as hurt as when he gives people money anyhow again because I collect my own daily now.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
Debclem:

Please don't give PCM before immunization, yes it gives our babies an easy ride but it dilutes the potency of the vaccine. It is advices not to give pcm before and test nothing earlier than 2hrs after administration of the vaccine.

Cc Anugod
Hmmmm, ok thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
Nimi22:

Don't worry sis. She will be drama free. Cole didn't give any issue except slight temperature in the night till the following day and I wore him only body suit with diaper before 24hrs we had forgotten we took immunisation.
Hmmmm, I claim it for her o, no issues IJN
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
Benignasweety:
Thanks a lot dearie, we have already gotten the Piriton triple action and so far my baby hasn't coughed kpekem.

Thanks a lot Stephmiracle for the recommendation. I was scared giving him sha wen I saw it was for 1year and above but I had to use dix my sense to administer 2.5ml since from 1-6years starts from 5ml.

Good thing is the medicine is sweet, so I didn't have any drama getting it down his throat like others I have been giving. We take in just 1ml and the rest is jex fisi for bed.

Thanks alot .

UWC dear. Thank God our cute Zizi is fine now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
Benignasweety:
I fried all my cereals together and then the legumes I fried separately sha. made it a lot easier.

mek I prepare am for u? u go buy?
Sure, as long as you don't sell it for 28k cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
Sansa143:
Am eating my pancake jejely oh but dis boy won't let me b.Him bite me wit him tooth sef,no b small wrestle we dey do here. He practically wants to eat evrytin going inside my mouth.I had to pinch small pancake,u need to see how him rush am.Hope he is clear to eat it?
I give my baby almost everything now o, I won't even think twice about putting pancakes in her mouth, just tiny enough to keep her mouth busy while I eat my own, if not...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
Giddyperson:
I give my baby almost everything now o, I won't even think twice about putting pancakes in her mouth, just tiny enough to keep her mouth busy while I eat my own, if not...

Long time no see, thought of u dis morning. How is giddybaby doing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:12pm On Dec 13, 2017
Chanbaby:

Long time no see, thought of u dis morning. How is giddybaby doing?
Shes fine thanks, she's worn herself out at school so she's knocked out now. By the way, I finally spotted her first tooth today and traditionally the first to see the first tooth would kill chicken for the baby *goes off to the barn to catch a fat rooster*. Sorry about your baby's cough, he'd be fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
You can give him as far as na just tasting quantity. Did you add sugar? My baby prefers the food I am eating too.
Sansa143:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
Really? I thought traditionally, it's the father that gets to buy.
Giddyperson:
Shes fine thanks, she's worn herself out at school so she's knocked out now. By the way, I finally spotted her first tooth today and traditionally the first to see the first tooth would kill chicken for the baby *goes off to the barn to catch a fat rooster*. Sorry about your baby's cough, he'd be fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
Naomi14:
Really? I thought traditionally, it's the father that gets to buy.
guess it depends on the culture
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
spiceeamiee:
From next week. Just started the preparations but I introduced oatmeal porridge sweetened with Apple puree and a little formular and that is the first time she is eating anything without struggles

Lol, kk teamie, all d best. .kisses to Lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 13, 2017
Welcome to d club.Dem don vex,dis christmas na wit dem.
Giddyperson:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
Yes,dere is sugar but I have reduce d quantity of sugar cos of him.Though na small I dey give am.
Naomi14:
You can give him as far as na just tasting quantity. Did you add sugar? My baby prefers the food I am eating too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2017
My dear,no b small if not oh.Now wey na just a tooth,him dey bite me if I dare not give him wat am eating and scream.
Giddyperson:

(1) (2) (3) ... (1392) (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: oxygenator and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.