Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410090 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
Giddyperson:
guess it depends on the culture

How una take de sabi all ds tins sef? lipsrsealed

Naomi14
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
Benignasweety:
I don miss u... holla me, I lost ur contact.
Benny I have been trying to call u since today but ur number no dey go...I've missed u plenty, let me try urnumber again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
Giddyperson:
Sure, as long as you don't sell it for 28k cheesy
Iyam not a greedy somebody wink

price depends on quantity if am to do it cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
Na old wives dey talk am. But for my side it's fish
not rooster wey giddyperson wan go catch cheesy
enque:

How una take de sabi all ds tins sef? lipsrsealed

Naomi14
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
katchycouture:

Benny I have been trying to call u since today but ur number no dey go...I've missed u plenty, let me try urnumber again
U sure say na my line? abeg call back o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Thanks dear but I have already bought the ingredients. I just want to know at what point to put the unripe plantain flour if it's before or after cooking it like ogi

Mix it together before cooking it like Ogi.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2017
Giddyperson:
Shes fine thanks, she's worn herself out at school so she's knocked out now. By the way, I finally spotted her first tooth today and traditionally the first to see the first tooth would kill chicken for the baby *goes off to the barn to catch a fat rooster*. Sorry about your baby's cough, he'd be fine.
Anyone aside the mother.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Abeg why is 2kg of Tom Brown almost 30k? Hian!

Giddyperson, why don't you try the ogi method? The only thing that is fried is the soybeans. The millet, corn and guinea corn are soaked together and grounded then sieved like the normal ogi. That's the easiest method I could find after asking around.

@queensnow if I am using unripe plantain flour, at what point do i put it? Is it after I make it like ogi? That is also the point I put the soyabean powder and milled groundnuts abi?

almost 30k ke?
I just went through the prices on the written ad again sef. I was just happy to share the link when I found it cos of mamas looking for it in the stores.

at wholesale, she's selling a pack of 12(2kg) @28,800 which means a single container of 2kg costs 2,400.
While the retail price as shown in the weblink is 2,500.

Akorkor, pls what is the size of the one you bought from Ghana at 1250

do you think it's still expensive like dat considering the ingredients can easily be sourced locally?

Cc:gigy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
goodevening mamas.pls I need help oohh.some mama friends adviced me to give this drug to my baby to prevent teething wahala.how safe is it and does it really work?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
Naomi14:
Na old wives dey talk am. But for my side it's fish
not rooster wey giddyperson wan go catch cheesy

Mil cooked chicken for ds when she learnt he had cut his first tooth. I wee collect 3 more chickens when we go for Christmas since we now have four teeth and we no chop out of the first one.
I will give him all the chicken legs to use for gum abi na teeth massage smiley smiley smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2017
JGracious:

almost 30k ke?
I just went through the prices on the written ad again sef. I was just happy to share the link when I found it cos of mamas looking for it in the stores.

at wholesale, she's selling a pack of 12(2kg) @28,800 which means a single container of 2kg costs 2,400.
While the retail price as shown in the weblink is 2,500.

Akorkor, pls what is the size of the one you bought from Ghana at 1250

do you think it's still expensive like dat considering the ingredients can easily be sourced locally?

Cc:gigy

Well, me I am lazy to do all these tom brown ohhh so I go for the easy way and my LO likes it.
The size is errm.... let me check....650grams. Actually, they do a lot of stuff of it here like soya beans and wheat and so many like that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
Benignasweety:
Iyam not a greedy somebody wink

price depends on quantity if am to do it cheesy
ok we'll talk more on that when I'm ready
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
Benignasweety:
Anyone aside the mother.
oh this sounds more like it, we are going to the village soon, I'd be very vigilant to see who'd first spot the teeth cuz I love local chicken cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2017
keeki:
goodevening mamas.pls I need help oohh.some mama friends adviced me to give this drug to my baby to prevent teething wahala.how safe is it and does it really work?

I can assure you that there's no need for the teething medicine. teething is a normal physiological process in growing babies.
If at all you need anything, just have your pcm handy.
If you have been on this thread long enough, you will know that a lot of symptoms we often associate with teething turns out to be another illness affecting the baby.

don't fear and stay calm mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
Akorkor:

Well, me I am lazy to do all these tom brown ohhh so I go for the easy way and my LO likes it.
The size is errm.... let me check....650grams. Actually, they do a lot of stuff of it here like soya beans and wheat and so many like that.

Good. Thank you. Na price check comparison I dey do smiley
So that lady's price is very okay then cos 2kg is like thrice the size of 650g.

cc.Giddyperson, spiceeamiee, gigy
the lady's tombrown is not expensive at all @2500 for 1pc of 2kg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gigy(f): 10:59pm On Dec 13, 2017
JGracious:
quote author=gigy post=63220827]

No, got the pix from this forum

Thanks to Google.
I found a Tombrown link for you and the screenshot of the contact number
https://dfh.ecwid.com

cc.spiceeamiee

Thanks babe... Just saw this now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 5:03am On Dec 14, 2017
keeki:

Cod liver oil is not a teething medicine self. It's a supplement that smells like fish oil, my dd even spit it out whenever I give her(started giving her at 17m), since then I've never given her
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:58am On Dec 14, 2017
So long as there's no honey on it it's fine. It's only honey that is dangerous for children under one.

Sansa143:
Am eating my pancake jejely oh but dis boy won't let me b.Him bite me wit him tooth sef,no b small wrestle we dey do here. He practically wants to eat evrytin going inside my mouth.I had to pinch small pancake,u need to see how him rush am.Hope he is clear to eat it?
Sabi mamas abeg chuck mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 14, 2017
Thanks dear,na just little sugar grin
hunniesuzie:
So long as there's no honey on it it's fine. It's only honey that is dangerous for children under one.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 8:53am On Dec 14, 2017
[quote author=JGracious post=63260395]

I can assure you that there's no need for the teething medicine. teething is a normal physiological process in growing babies.
If at all you need anything, just have your pcm handy.
thank u ma.just that we are start creche soon that's why I am worried.but I feel calm now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 8:54am On Dec 14, 2017
FloraEC:

Cod liver oil is not a teething medicine self. It's a supplement that smells like fish oil, my dd even spit it out whenever I give her(started giving her at 17m), since then I've never given her

OK ma.thank u

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 14, 2017
Morning mamas oh,abeg hope a temp of 37.8 is nothing to worry about bah cos am alrdy scared n worried.
zaynie
enque
Akorko
Giddyperson
And all mamas who had to deal wit high temp at one point.Pls help me oh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2017
Nimi22:

Ahhh where's my baby getting weight from? We were 3.7 at birth 6wks we were 5kg.

Cappo pele. I believe he's Ok now. Thank God.
Biko tell Dr Cole to dash his friend small weight now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:03am On Dec 14, 2017
See ehn this tombrown thingy is better to make it urself atleast u will be sure of the ingredients. U don't need to fry the soy beans for the pap method u can soak all together over night except if u ar blending the soybeans separately and for the powder u mix it with ur pap b4 u cook it u have to. Cook all together i.e u mix d powder with the raw pap b4 u cook it
spiceeamiee:
Abeg why is 2kg of Tom Brown almost 30k? Hian!

Giddyperson, why don't you try the ogi method? The only thing that is fried is the soybeans. The millet, corn and guinea corn are soaked together and grounded then sieved like the normal ogi. That's the easiest method I could find after asking around.

@queensnow if I am using unripe plantain flour, at what point do i put it? Is it after I make it like ogi? That is also the point I put the soyabean powder and milled groundnuts abi?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nutigal: 10:09am On Dec 14, 2017
Sansa143:
Morning mamas oh,abeg hope a temp of 37.8 is nothing to worry about bah cos am alrdy scared n worried.
zaynie
enque
Akorko
Giddyperson

Mama, what exactly is wrong with baby? Does he have a cold? Wear light clothing for him and be cautious. Keep checking the temperature and give him paracetamol. If there's a spike in temperature, then u can head to the hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 14, 2017
Nothing oh,just like dat,and he is playing his normal play.I have administered pcm alrdy.Thanks.
nutigal:

Mama, what exactly is wrong with baby? Does he have a cold? Wear light clothing for him and be cautious. Keep checking the temperature and give him paracetamol. If there's a spike in temperature, then u can head to the hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Biko tell Dr Cole to dash his friend small weight now

Lol. What are friends for? Tell him to come and take small
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2017
Sansa143:
zaynie
enque
Akorko
Giddyperson
I am sure he is fine. Sometimes they fight infection by letting us know with high temperature. Good that you have giving him paracetamol. Just watch out. 37.8 according to Master and PHD google is Definitions of fever vary, but generally a temperature above 37.8-38°C is usually considered abnormal. So you are OKAY
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by isokey: 1:09pm On Dec 14, 2017
queensnow:
See ehn this tombrown thingy is better to make it urself atleast u will be sure of the ingredients. U don't need to fry the soy beans for the pap method u can soak all together over night except if u ar blending the soybeans separately and for the powder u mix it with ur pap b4 u cook it u have to. Cook all together i.e u mix d powder with the raw pap b4 u cook it

Qeensnow, abeg teach me this your method. What n what do I soak? In what measure or quantity? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2017
Akorkor:

I am sure he is fine. Sometimes they fight infection by letting us know with high temperature. Good that you have giving him paracetamol. Just watch out. 37.8 according to Master and PHD google is Definitions of fever vary, but generally a temperature above 37.8-38°C is usually considered abnormal. So you are OKAY
thanks so much,though he is still hot n still reading 37.8.Should I still administer pcm?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2017
PCM at 6 hour intervals. Reduce his clothes. Mop him with damp washcloth. Very low grade fever like that with no other symptom is usually teething in my experience.

Shebi he's eating well?

Sansa143:
thanks so much,though he is still hot n still reading 37.8.Should I still administer pcm?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2017
Depending on the quantity u can use ratio 40:30:30 yellow corn, guinea corn(preferably red) and soybeans or u can use equal ratio it doesn't matter cus all are nutritious u can even take it as a famly.
After u select all d ingredient soak dem over night after soaking the soybeans will swell up its fine don't fret Blend all and sieve then pour the derived ogi inside ur sieve, tie it and place it in a basket till all the water drain out pour in ur storage then place it ur fridge that's all u don't need to change water. U can blend ur gnut,plantain or sweet potatoes as powder then u add it while preparing as sweetner.
Note that some kids react to nut u might want to slow down with that.
isokey:

Qeensnow, abeg teach me this your method. What n what do I soak? In what measure or quantity? Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Laughter4eva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.