Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4407566 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Itunup(f): 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
SMA Gold is what iv bn gvn my 9 weeks old baby since birth and it works 4 my LO well.so u can gv it a trial.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 01, 2015
igb400:
Hello mums... am a ftm n my LO is 7weeks, she was 2.7 kg at birth and 4kg at 6 weeks. My princess eats a lot n it feels like I don't produce Breast milk, I have been expressing for 2 days now and it takes a lot of time to even get half bottle of milk, pls is there any food I can eat to help me produce more milk. Cos am thinking of introducing infant milk.

Check any big pharmacy for Mother's Milk Tea. Just prepare like you would make tea, add honey, then drink. You will notice a change within 48hours.

You can take one bag per day.

Also take lots of fluids e.g water...then pap (because of its high water content)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by igb400: 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
Thanks alot Bossladymo....will look for the tea.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by morrygreat: 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
igb400:
Hello mums... am a ftm n my LO is 7weeks, she was 2.7 kg at birth and 4kg at 6 weeks. My princess eats a lot n it feels like I don't produce Breast milk, I have been expressing for 2 days now and it takes a lot of time to even get half bottle of milk, pls is there any food I can eat to help me produce more milk. Cos am thinking of introducing infant milk.
. Try and get Maringa powder it help to increase breast milk production

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
Is moringa safe for brea.stfeeding mums? I know it's not safe for pregnant women.

My 3 months old baby drools a lot and puts her hands in her mouth, at times it's as if she's sucking her finger, other times it's as if she just keeps the hand(s) in her munth. Could it be teething? She does nt run fever.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chrystee: 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
@bossladyMo, please do you know of any particular pharmacy where one can get Mothers milk tea. I have looked for it in a few pharmacies but they don't seem to know it. I am in the same boat as igb400 but my b.reast milk didn't come in until. One week postpartum so I had to supplement with formula. I've tried pap, tea, even palmwine, fenugreek capsules, peppersoup,oatmeal, coconut water , breast pump(manual & electric)but I haven't seen any improvement. Even when my son is having hiccups and I offer him my b.reast milk, he doesn't get relief until I gv him formula or just allow the hiccup to go on its own. I'm so frustrated at the whole thing because I had intended to exclusively breastfeed him till he's 6months. I'm still looking for ways to increase my supply with the hope that I can wean him off d formula and still exclusively breastfeed. Please ladies,I need suggestions on other ways I can increase my supply. Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rosy27(f): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
igb400:
. This what i do when my breast milk almost stoped cus my baby weight was 1.2kg at birth and i had to express for him and not puting him to breast for almost two months but at a point in time my breast milk supply reduced so my mum will make amala and ewedu and she will ask me to eat it hot like, that i will be sweating by the time the amala will digest breast milk is coming on its own already. Another food i took was pounded yam, any time i eat pounded yam my breast milk will be much that my baby will not be able to meet up with the supply and i will express it away. The most important thing is that eat these foods very well and be full, dont eat like oyinbo ooo and expect milk to come
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
For new mothers that their breast milk are not flowing yet. Take lots if fluid i.e. pap,water,tea take enough of it within 24hrs you will get a change
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2015
chrystee:
@bossladyMo, please do you know of any particular pharmacy where one can get Mothers milk tea. I have looked for it in a few pharmacies but they don't seem to know it. I am in the same boat as igb400 but my b.reast milk didn't come in until. One week postpartum so I had to supplement with formula. I've tried pap, tea, even palmwine, fenugreek capsules, peppersoup,oatmeal, coconut water , breast pump(manual & electric)but I haven't seen any improvement. Even when my son is having hiccups and I offer him my b.reast milk, he doesn't get relief until I gv him formula or just allow the hiccup to go on its own. I'm so frustrated at the whole thing because I had intended to exclusively breastfeed him till he's 6months. I'm still looking for ways to increase my supply with the hope that I can wean him off d formula and still exclusively breastfeed. Please ladies,I need suggestions on other ways I can increase my supply. Thanks in advance
Ur emotions affect milk supply. d frustration wont help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
NoQualms1:
Is moringa safe for brea.stfeeding mums? I know it's not safe for pregnant women.

My 3 months old baby drools a lot and puts her hands in her mouth, at times it's as if she's sucking her finger, other times it's as if she just keeps the hand(s) in her munth. Could it be teething? She does nt run fever.
She s fyn. She s just being a 3month old baby.lol. Seriously, theres nothing to worry abt.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamibiddy(f): 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
Pls mothers, btw Frisogold rice & wheat which one is d best? And I read it on the net dat Soya beans do more harm 2 babies than good, how true is dis pls? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 10:06am On Mar 02, 2015
Take enough pap, tea n eat very well, if u can take pounded yam( take it hot). Meanwhile,u ll add weight sha wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
chrystee:

Check NETT Pharmacy if you are in Lag...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by igb400: 1:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hi everyone, pls my baby's lap where she was given her 6weeks immunizations is swollen for over a week now, I was told not to press it n I did not. Is it normal or should I go back to d clinic? Don't want it to turn to injection absess oh. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 2:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
chrystee:

b-milk is a demand and supply process. the formula you are giving is interfering with your production. you don't even need to eat and be fat because you want to nurse. my advice is by a pump and pump on a schedule (every two hours for now) to trick your body into thinking your baby needs that milk every two hours. trust me your supply will respond.

i had the same issue and under three days of religiously pumping round the clock every two hours, i was lactating like a cow

i drank lots of water and plain tea...no pounded yam, no pap
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chikkyB: 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
Great mums and dads gudday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
igb400:
Hi everyone, pls my baby's lap where she was given her 6weeks immunizations is swollen for over a week now, I was told not to press it n I did not. Is it normal or should I go back to d clinic? Don't want it to turn to injection absess oh. Thanks.
pls dont massage or apply anything. It ll go down after some tym. my baby too had same experience, it tuk some tym bt later went down
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
kaffy4bill:

She shld b gentle wit d baby o, shldnt wean until d child hs started any oda food, nt all children eat early, she shld b patient and kip trying. All d best
hello,my baby is one year old now,he eat only cerelac and pap with breastmilk,he refuses any other food,I plan to stop giving him breast at 1year,6month,is it ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
tchiwinnie:
yes
hello,how true is dis,is it good for me to add d glucose in my 1year old baby pap,and how much is it okay,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
igb400:
pls,try and be drinking pap with milk early in d morning every day,it helps d breast to produce more milk,ciao
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
igb400:
put ori(shea butter)there,it will go down little little,dnt press it o,no cause for alarm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
tchiwinnie:
pls dont massage or apply anything. It ll go down after some tym. my baby too had same experience, it tuk some tym bt later went down
it helps to put ori,so it won't form abscess,it will go down little little,and also ,ori soothe the pain the baby may be feeling frm there

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
MojAyo:
hello,how true is dis,is it good for me to add d glucose in my 1year old baby pap,and how much is it okay,tanx
use ur discretion, nt too sugary bt so it s palatable. I use sugar tho
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
MojAyo:
hello,my baby is one year old now,he eat only cerelac and pap with breastmilk,he refuses any other food,I plan to stop giving him breast at 1year,6month,is it ok
its very okk na. just kp putting adult feeds in his mouth tho.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
tchiwinnie:
She s fyn. She s just being a 3month old baby.lol. Seriously, theres nothing to worry abt.

Thank you. I was already thinking of taking her to the hospital by the end of the week if she doesn't stop. My mind is at rest now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 03, 2015
tchiwinnie:
its very okk na. just kp putting adult feeds in his mouth tho.
okay,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 03, 2015
tchiwinnie:
use ur discretion, nt too sugary bt so it s palatable. I use sugar tho
I dnt use sugar,becos I think its harmful for babies at his age,dat was why I'm asking about the amount of glucose I can put inside his pap
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 4:40am On Mar 03, 2015
Hello,pls there r rashes on my 3weeks old's face and on his head. Somebody said its called "Alefo" in Yoruba language. What can i do to get rid of these rashes?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 9:40am On Mar 03, 2015
Hello vigilante mama's i'll be joining you guys soon,hows it going?I sight you senior beedam and mytestimony..God be with us all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
customised87:
Hello,pls there r rashes on my 3weeks old's face and on his head. Somebody said its called "Alefo" in Yoruba language. What can i do to get rid of these rashes?
dont kno wot Alefo is. Bt u cld try rising raving powder. And dont cover her too much esp during dis hot weather
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
mummy2be:
Hello vigilante mama's i'll be joining you guys soon,hows it going?I sight you senior beedam and mytestimony..God be with us all
we cant wait to hv u o. do quick o.lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 12:30pm On Mar 03, 2015
good day mummies, pls i need response to my post as regerd d pap n soy beans pls. i couldnt prepare d pap since i ve not gotten info on how to prepare the soy beans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.