Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396762 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
Chail o swear cheesy cheesy cheesy

Maybe till she's 18 sef cheesy cheesy cheesy
Giddyperson:
Phew this is good to know, try not to threaten to wean her again until she's like 3 cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 8:30pm On Jun 18, 2018
Please is it normal that my 12weeks old son spits up a ton? As in it is a lot.

Cc zaynie
Hunniesuzie
All mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
rvpbae:
Please is it normal that my 12weeks old son spits up a ton? As in it is a lot.

Cc zaynie
Hunniesuzie
All mamas

You may need to see a Dr.
The only reason I'm saying this is because when I had my son as a newborn he was continuously drooling, we found out he had swallowed maternal blood and it was treated.
If yours has been drooling right from day one like this then its not normal but if its a recent development, then it could be teething and yes I've seen heavy droolers that grew up to be perfectly normal kids.

Still, if you're worried or feel something isn't just right, please see a Dr.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
For those of you who are easily prey to online scammers.
Enjoy .
https://www.nairaland.com/4565215/please-me-400k-mom-n/1#4565215.56

Hunniesuzzie, food don done.

This is Nigeria!
Shine your eyes!!!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by limsycutey(f): 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
Hello wonderful mamas, how are you all doing? smiley

I have not been here in a loooong while (Aug 2016 mama) but it's so good to see some old monikers; Onegai, enque, alphahandmaiden, Zaynie, Ahnie, olubankemi (how are the twins? smiley) liftedhands (your cutie must be a 'big' man now smiley)giddyperson, jazzyjazz ...keep up the good work mamas, God bless you all.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 12:49am On Jun 19, 2018
limsycutey:
Hello wonderful mamas, how are you all doing? smiley

I have not been here in a loooong while (Aug 2016 mama) but it's so good to see some old monikers; Onegai, enque, alphahandmaiden, Zaynie, Ahnie, olubankemi (how are the twins? smiley) liftedhands (your cutie must be a 'big' man now smiley)giddyperson, jazzyjazz ...keep up the good work mamas, God bless you all.
You're welcum ma'am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rhukkie: 6:52am On Jun 19, 2018
wowdiva:
Hello momas going back to work, you can resume work in style with our rare selection of 1st grade classic blazers with only shikini money. 1700 only!!
Follow on instagram and facebook. KLASIQUETHRIFT
We also sell to those who wish to start a side business. In mini bales

Klasiquethift.
Whatsapp 07046211743 to order

ONGOING SALES!!!! BUY ANY BLAZER OR SHORT DRESD FROM NOW TO JULY 13 FOR JUST 1500
Check your dm on ig
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lioha(f): 7:37am On Jun 19, 2018
kelizosuy:
She's better now ma.

Thank you

Thank God

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zainyrazzy(f): 8:34am On Jun 19, 2018
Good morning mommas please I just got this cerelac for my baby and I noticed its not the same with the one I got before. I bought the maize at a super market but just got the wheat at a roadside shop. hope it's not fake

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2018
zainyrazzy:
Good morning mommas please I just got this cerelac for my baby and I noticed its not the same with the one I got before. I bought the maize at a super market but just got the wheat at a roadside shop. hope it's not fake

it ll b ok if u can upload a pix of both of them side by side
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:08am On Jun 19, 2018
Hausa Speakers, fall in o
Lagos people only.

We are currently recruiting Customer Service Officers for one of our clients in the Banking sector.

Candidate must be HND or B.Sc holder, must be able to speak Hausa fluently, must not be more than 32years of age and must have completed NYSC.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:22am On Jun 19, 2018
jazzyjazz:
Kelizosuy

If the doctor isn't giving you answers to your questions then simply take your child to another hospital!

My son was on admission since Tuesday and was discharged this evening! The diagnosis? Broncho pneumonia, acute tonsillitis, malaria and infection!

I suspected all was not well when he was coughing for days after I'd just treated him for cough

I went back and demanded for thorough tests to be done. After all it's my money!

Did you see a general doctor or a paediatrician?

When my son started showing symptoms, I saw a general doctor twice! He specifically told me that the cough and cold needed no treatment and sent us home with vitamin c. I went back 2 days later and this timehe gave something for the cold due to congestion of the nose.

Barely 2 weeks after that, he broke down completely!

This time I saw a paediatrician who diagnosed him and immediately admitted him as fluids were already in his lungs (I was already self medicating him at home with vitamin c and one cough syrup that he was giving before..... I will never try this again)

Bottom line, seek a second opinion! That picture you showed me on whatsapp needs to be addressed quickly. The fact that she's not eating too is a problem! Not to scare you but she may need to be admitted for proper care! Demand for tests! If it's an infection, demand to know what kind and ask what caused it! If it's malaria, ask how you can protect t her against getting I'll next time! You're her mother they can't deny you answers!

I wish her a speedy recovery.
All the best
Just seeing this, how is he now? God will clear every diseases from his system In Jesus Name.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:23am On Jun 19, 2018
zaynie:

You may need to see a Dr.
The only reason I'm saying this is because when I had my son as a newborn he was continuously drooling, we found out he had swallowed maternal blood and it was treated.
If yours has been drooling right from day one like this then its not normal but if its a recent development, then it could be teething and yes I've seen heavy droolers that grew up to be perfectly normal kids.

Still, if you're worried or feel something isn't just right, please see a Dr.

He didn't start like this o. This just started like few days ago and he is always putting his hand in his mouth. Anything g8ies to the mouth, i make sure nobody touches his hand these days, even i do not touch it.

The drooling no be here
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:24am On Jun 19, 2018
rvpbae:

He didn't start like this o. This just started like few days ago and he is always putting his hand in his mouth. Anything g8ies to the mouth, i make sure nobody touches his hand these days, even i do not touch it.

The drooling no be here

Then its most likely teething
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:55am On Jun 19, 2018
omonikiba:
@Enque and Zaynie, thanks for your responses. We've been to the hospital. No infection no this no that. Was given flagyl n ort. Even took them to a phamacist yesterday and was told not to try any other antibiotics so i wont cause more harms.

I cant say both dint work cos they dont take the ort.

Am self medicating them on vitamin c cos they sneeze sometimes, i stopped that yesterday, does vitamin c increase stooling? Make i answer myself first, i think yes cos it works for softening stool. Hmmm maybe am the one not allowing the flagyl to work afterall.

Abi, make una help me out.

@Zaynie, i tell you oo, i was hungry and too busy to cook so i started feasting on them and am paying for it now. Though am better now but it comes on n off.

I am just seeing this, in case of next time,

1. get guava leaves
2. wash thoroughly with salt
3. squeeze it (with drinkable water)
4. use the shinapps cups to give your children 3 times daily (adult 1 glass cup) for 2-3 days.

Another option is to use scent leaf. Same process as above.

3 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:00am On Jun 19, 2018
rvpbae:

The drooling no be here
That should be teething

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 11:18am On Jun 19, 2018
comtem2011:
I am just seeing this, in case of next time,

1. get guava leaves
2. wash thoroughly with salt
3. squeeze it (with drinkable water)
4. use the shinapps cups to give your children 3 times daily (adult 1 glass cup) for 2-3 days.

Another option is to use scent leaf. Same process as above.

pls what can this medication cure, i'm interested
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2018
Lmaoooo Iya mi eye don TEEAAARRRRRRRRR

zaynie:
Enjoy .

Hunnie.suzzie, food don done.

This is Nigeria!
Shine your eyes!!!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:22am On Jun 19, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Lmaoooo Iya mi eye don TEEAAARRRRRRRRR

I tell you.....
Isnor today......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:28am On Jun 19, 2018
Jennykoko3009:

pls what can this medication cure, i'm interested
For the guava leaf, it treats diarrhoea and dysentry. You can as well boil it, but the squeezed one acts faster. The reason why I said it should be washed/rinse with salt water is to kill the germs in it.

Scent leaf treat pile/jedijedi. Whenever u take too much sweet things, just take it.

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
zaynie:
Enjoy .

This is Nigeria!
Shine your eyes!!!!!

Blood of God!. I had to also go and peep on the thread and am just in awe of the level of deception in this world shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
stephmiracle:

Blood of God!. I had to also go and peep on the thread and am just in awe of the level of deception in this world shocked shocked shocked

Na their way....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
comtem2011:
That should be teething

Ok, thanks. Is there anything i should start doing? Just trying to understand how this teething works

zaynie:
Then its most likely teething

Thank you. Is it that the teeth will start coming now or what? Isn't he too young? undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2018
rvpbae:

Ok, thanks. Is there anything i should start doing? Just trying to understand how this teething works

Thank you. Is it that the teeth will start coming now or what? Isn't he too young? undecided
the teeth might not come now. My ds started having teething signs when he was 3 months infact the gum was swollen but he cut the first tooth @ 8 months +
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zainyrazzy(f): 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2018
enque:

it ll b ok if u can upload a pix of both of them side by side
thanks

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zainyrazzy(f): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2018

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2018
zainyrazzy:
thanks
I do not think it is fake. Nestle produce a variety of cerelac, with maize, with wheat, and some others with a blend of more than one grain. If your baby likes it and does not react to it, then it's fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2018
comtem2011:
For the guava leaf, it treats diarrhoea and dysentry. You can as well boil it, but the squeezed one acts faster. The reason why I said it should be washed/rinse with salt water is to kill the germs in it.

Scent leaf treat pile/jedijedi. Whenever u take too much sweet things, just take it.

ok thanks so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2018
zainyrazzy:
thanks

I cant see any obvious difference....
abi na my glasses de decieve me?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2018
[quote author=zaynie post=68611255]For those of you who are easily prey to online scammers.
Enjoy .

This is Nigeria!
Shine your eyes!!!!![/quot

Hmmm..... This scamming has really eaten deep into some people's blood, too bad. God'll continue to expose them all, this is real lazy Nigerian youth, I feel sorry for his parents and generations.

@ifyalways, God bless you always
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
kelizosuy:
She's better now ma.

Thank you

Thank God! Welcome mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 4:13pm On Jun 19, 2018
Mzleemah:
the teeth might not come now. My ds started having teething signs when he was 3 months infact the gum was swollen but he cut the first tooth @ 8 months +

Ok ma. Thanks. So there isn't anything i have to do right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Amara97(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.