Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1787) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396329 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:05am On Jun 23, 2018
limsycutey:
Hello wonderful mamas, how are you all doing? smiley

I have not been here in a loooong while (Aug 2016 mama) but it's so good to see some old monikers; Onegai, enque, alphahandmaiden, Zaynie, Ahnie, olubankemi (how are the twins? smiley) liftedhands (your cutie must be a 'big' man now smiley)giddyperson, jazzyjazz ...keep up the good work mamas, God bless you all.
It's really been a while, how are you and family? Yeah o! Ekene nwam is a big man now Lolz.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:07am On Jun 23, 2018
Sansa143:
Iya Ekene aka LiftedhanLLiftedhanL iftedhan ds,2days.Hope your good?
I'm fine sis thanks for checking up, kisses to Jay kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 6:41am On Jun 23, 2018
Please how does the palmoil and sugar work, just mix? We have cough too

imurboss:

Have u tried the palm oil n sugar remedy for the cough? You can also add a little silver bird to his oil and drop on his head. Apply Mentholatum on the bridge of his nose, chest, back, back and feet and rub all over his head if not hairy and cover him up. You can also apply Shea butter on the bridge of his nose as well. He'll be fine in no time..... Kpele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 23, 2018
Thank Good,tot the date kidnap u grin!
Liftedhands:
I'm fine sis thanks for checking up, kisses to Jay kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 7:18am On Jun 23, 2018
Meeeeey:

I don't think it is true. Most babies change complexion after birth not necessarily because of the cream. But chicco soap made my son's skin to peel within days and when I changed soap it stopped.
OK thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:20am On Jun 23, 2018
He may need antibiotics. What colour is the cattarh that comes out? If it's over a week of vitamin c pls go back to the hospital let them prescribe appropriate antibiotics

Bloomingbud:
Good afternoon mamas been battling cough and cold with my 4+ months son, doc prescribed nocof' infant drop and vit.c drop, I used ori and pinch of salt and also try to keep him warm yet the cough and cold has refused to go
What else can I do biko nu?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:21am On Jun 23, 2018
What type of circumcision was done? How did the nurse tell you to take care of it? Is that what you've been doing?

Me I know nothing about engine oil and don't subscribe to it

Jessie21:
my stay here us now official mamas.....please mamas help a ftm....my DS had his circumcision done saturday last week and my mum has been taking care of it but i noticed that after applying the engine oil to the fresh wound,he started having rashes all over his buttocks....today i told her to stop using the engine oil then i gave her penicillin to apply now.....My worry is if the penicillin will clear the rash and heal the wound.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:22am On Jun 23, 2018
Thank God. Was a bit worried

FloraEC:

We're good o, spoilt phone + vigilante
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:24am On Jun 23, 2018
I don't know about that one oh. I personally stuck with natural products like ori and coconut oil but I know chicco is a good brand

StrongWoman333:
Good morning mamas please I have a question someone told me that it is too early to be using baby body cream on my 10 days old baby that it will change her colour please how true is it? I use chicco product

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Splendor1: 9:29am On Jun 23, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Good morning mamas please I use chicco product
I don't believe that it changes the childs complexion. I use it - chicco products- and my baby is still fair. Children will have some skin changes after birth like comolexion and skin peeling off with no rashes or redness. Please moosturize the child after bath.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Splendor1: 9:34am On Jun 23, 2018
Jessie21:
my stay here us now official mamas.....please mamas help a ftm....my DS had his circumcision done saturday last week and my mum has been taking care of it but i noticed that after applying the engine oil to the fresh wound,he started having rashes all over his buttocks....today i told her to stop using the engine oil then i gave her penicillin to apply now.....My worry is if the penicillin will clear the rash and heal the wound.
Please mami continue with the penicillin. As for the rashes i dont think it will clear it because the penicillin is applied around the cut and on the surrounding areas.
But you get mind oh - engine oil!! Please learn to be firm on certain things because you'll bear the consequences at the end of rhe day.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:18am On Jun 23, 2018
Chirolechick:
Please how does the palmoil and sugar work, just mix? We have cough too

Here u go

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2018
hunniesuzie:
I don't know about that one oh. I personally stuck with natural products like ori and coconut oil but I know chicco is a good brand

OK thanks Ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2018
Good morning mamas. Please where can I buy jumpo ori in Lagos? Any sabi mama should help me out

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2018
Splendor1:

I don't believe that it changes the childs complexion. I use it - chicco products- and my baby is still fair. Children will have some skin changes after birth like comolexion and skin peeling off with no rashes or redness. Please moosturize the child after bath.
And the weather is even too cold. Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 11:32am On Jun 23, 2018
zaynie:
Kelizosuy
Onaswu
Forzarush

I have something from an anonymous giver for your babies (don't know her grounds for choosing you 3).

Forzarush please contact me, I don't have your digits.
sorry ma,forgot my password.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 11:52am On Jun 23, 2018
Jessie21:

From my experience with engine oil, it did more harm than good, I had to switched to penicillin and that's when it healed. Mine had rashes too from engine oil, baby tribotan took care the rash. Endeavor to wash your finger before applying the penicillin,I also applied it on his diaper where his penis will touch.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 12:00pm On Jun 23, 2018
wholesomegrace:
I greet you all. Please don't read and pass.

Just gave birth and I need recommendations asap as I need to boost my breastmilk flow.

I've got an avent manual pump but I'm thinking of going for an electric double pump. Please who has a good review on a pump they are currently using?

Thanks guys

Congrats on your bundle of joy. I used Camera manual pump, and it did justice. Avent manual pump is also great.
To boost your milk flow, here are what worked for me
lots of hot pap
Drink a glass of palmwine
Massage boob's with hot water
lots of water then most important try to rest well.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2018
wowdiva:

Congrats on your bundle of joy. I used Camera manual pump, and it did justice. Avent manual pump is also great.
To boost your milk flow, here are what worked for me
lots of hot pap
Drink a glass of palmwine
Massage boob's with hot water
lots of water then most important try to rest well.

Thanks ma'am. I'lI keep that in mind. Just that nipple is big and baby takes more with bottle. Avent manual get too much wahala so want to opt for electric this time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2018
If ur child is over 1 year, u can try ds home remedy
for cold

4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2018
wholesomegrace:

Thanks ma'am. I'lI keep that in mind. Just that nipple is big and baby takes more with bottle. Avent manual get too much wahala so want to opt for electric this time

Aunty U don born?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
FloraEC:
Good morning mamas. Please where can I buy jumpo ori in Lagos? Any sabi mama should help me out

Congrats on your safe delivery. God bless the little one. Trust you're recovering well.

Check stores/supermarkets selling baby products. They usually stock it.
if you're in Agege, 'Iya Hameerah' stores stock it
If you're in magodo/ikosi/shangisha, check 'super savers supermarket, dem get am

Cheers

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
beautyuche:
Pls mama help me my 11 weeks old sons scrotum is having patches of yellow or bright colour. Please what does this mean.
I use johnson soap and a mix of kannel oil coconut oil and sheer butter as lotion.

Taking him to d hospital tomorrow but first I am asking so prepare my mind.
Please help

What do you use as nappy cream?
How often do you change his diapers?

Still check with the hospital though I feel you should ensure he gets some nappy free moments and dont allow his diapers to be overly soiled/wet before you change it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bloomingbud:
Good afternoon mamas been battling cough and cold with my 4+ months son, doc prescribed nocof' infant drop and vit.c drop, I used ori and pinch of salt and also try to keep him warm yet the cough and cold has refused to go
What else can I do biko nu?

Just as hunniesuzie said, pls go back to the hospital. It is most likely an infection. It will be treated with antibiotics
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jessie21:

What instructions were you given in the hospital to manage the circumcised site?
Pls always avoid unsafe items on your child no matter who is giving the advice.
keep applying the penicillin/ vaseline blue seal on the wound. You can use tribotan/sudocrem for the rash
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
hunniesuzie:
He may need antibiotics. What colour is the cattarh that comes out? If it's over a week of vitamin c pls go back to the hospital let them prescribe appropriate antibiotics

Thank you ma.
The colour is normal catarrh colour (off white), he was given antibiotic augmentin precisely two weeks ago for some stubborn rashes so weary about them giving him antibiotic again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
JGracious:

Just as hunniesuzie said, pls go back to the hospital. It is most likely an infection. It will be treated with antibiotics

Thanks ma'am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
I bu ezigbo darling *kisses

enque:

Here u go
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
hunniesuzie:
What type of circumcision was done? How did the nurse tell you to take care of it? Is that what you've been doing?

Me I know nothing about engine oil and don't subscribe to it

it's not the ring type,the skin was cut off with scissors and blade.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
JGracious:

What instructions were you given in the hospital to manage the circumcised site?
Pls always avoid unsafe items on your child no matter who is giving the advice.
keep applying the penicillin/ vaseline blue seal on the wound. You can use tribotan/sudocrem for the rash
it was done in the house by a professional...we couldn't apply penicillin becus the wound was still fresh.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2018
wowdiva:

From my experience with engine oil, it did more harm than good, I had to switched to penicillin and that's when it healed. Mine had rashes too from engine oil, baby tribotan took care the rash. Endeavor to wash your finger before applying the penicillin,I also applied it on his diaper where his penis will touch.
do i need to mix the tribotan with anything?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by completey(f): 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Thank you ma.
The colour is normal catarrh colour (off white), he was given antibiotic augmentin precisely two weeks ago for some stubborn rashes so weary about them giving him antibiotic again.

My 4 months old son had the same symptoms and we were 4 days gone with the antibiotics given in the hospital when I saw my office doctor, he prescribed zinnat, vit c 5mls twice daily and actifed 2.5mls. 2 days into that the wheezing sound from the chest is gone and he is no more coughing. I just want to complete the 5 days dose to avoid recurrence. The dosage is given based on weight he is 8.1kg.
As we are in cold weather, we should try not to expose them too much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.