Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4415421 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
completey:

My 4 months old son had the same symptoms and we were 4 days gone with the antibiotics given in the hospital when I saw my office doctor, he prescribed zinnat, vit c 5mls twice daily and actifed 2.5mls. 2 days into that the wheezing sound from the chest is gone and he is no more coughing. I just want to complete the 5 days dose to avoid recurrence. The dosage is given based on weight he is 8.1kg.
As we are in cold weather, we should try not to expose them too much.

Thanks for this if by Monday the cough is still there then we will see d doc again or do as I'm led cos I feel for him with cough.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 23, 2018

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2018
booqee:
I was told the same at my hospital. On the morning after my delivery, they took my things to clean and dress my baby. One of the nurses returned the lotion and said they don't advise to use these things on newborn until she's at least a month or two cos you really can't tell which will affect their skin or not. they advised either shea butter (ori), coconut oil or olive oil. I've been using jumpo ori since birth, and I've never had issues with my babies skin except during her first two week or so from rashes due to heat. Her skin's very smooth and clean up till now.

I expected her skin to turn dark, since me and my hubby are dark-skinned but she has remained light the way it was from delivery. I still expect she will turn dark sha since her parents are dark.

But a lot of mothers are using lotion and their baby's skin looks good too. so if she doesn't react to chicco, u can keep using it
Noted. Thanks ma'am...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2018
JGracious:

Congrats on your safe delivery. God bless the little one. Trust you're recovering well.

Check stores/supermarkets selling baby products. They usually stock it.
if you're in Agege, 'Iya Hameerah' stores stock it
If you're in magodo/ikosi/shangisha, check 'super savers supermarket, dem get am

Cheers

I'm not staying around those area. I'll check supermarkets then.

Thanks dear, I'm grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enkay2016: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
please mothers my baby is just 10days old and he has these rashes all over his body ,though doctor gave us ampiclox and nystatin cream but its getting worst ... am worried
please experienced mothers what will I use to treat it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enkay2016: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
and this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 7:58pm On Jun 23, 2018
enkay2016:
and this

Why don't you take him back to the hospital, for how long hav u giving the ampiclos, he will be fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
enkay2016:
please mothers my baby is just 10days old and he has these rashes all over his body ,though doctor gave us ampiclox and nystatin cream but its getting worst ... am worried

Let the doctors/pead check him again since you can't see any improvement. They will also be able to ascertain the kind of rashes and advice appropriately.

it is well with your baby
Cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
limsycutey:
Hello wonderful mamas, how are you all doing? smiley

I have not been here in a loooong while (Aug 2016 mama) but it's so good to see some old monikers; Onega.i, enqu.e, alphahandm.aiden, Zayn.ie, Ah.nie, olubanke.mi (how are the twins? smiley) liftedh.ands (your cutie must be a 'big' man now smiley)giddyper.son, jazzyja.zz ...keep up the good work mamas, God bless you all.

Hey mama!
How is your LO kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2018
enkay2016:

What cream is he using?

10/days o. Kai! Poor baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2018
Okay, so my son decided to come up with hives. A serious case of it, about 2 weeks ago. And since we didn't know what triggered it it kept popping up once his hydrocort shots wore off.

What did we do to the swollen, red and itchy skin?
Baking powder ..... wink
Made a paste and applied to the affected areas after a cold bath. Instant relief. Itch gone, redness gone, swelling went down gradually.
Also loaded him on Vit C, turns out its great for skin issues.
Then calamine lotion isn't just for chickenpox, it dries off almost any kind of rash.

So must haves: baking powder, not just for cakes grin

13 Likes 19 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
enkay2016:

Check his clothes, sun everything and iron them. Stop his cream/soap, watch what you eat. Hei!!! Poor baby, just 10days.

Dunno why I'm so emotional today
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
Oshe iyalagbo senior

Speaking of which, queensnow how now?

zaynie:
Okay, so my son decided to come up with hives. A serious case of it, about 2 weeks ago. And since we didn't know what triggered it it kept popping up once his hydrocort shots wore off.

Baking powder ..... wink
Made a paste and applied to the affected areas after a cold bath. Instant relief. Itch gone, redness gone, swelling went down gradually.
Then calamine lotion isn't just for chickenpox, it dries off almost any kind of rash.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 12:27am On Jun 24, 2018
Jessie21:
do i need to mix the tribotan with anything?

Some people mix with Shea butter, but I used without mixing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 12:27am On Jun 24, 2018
Jessie21:
do i need to mix the tribotan with anything?

Some people mix with Shea butter, but I used without mixing..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:56am On Jun 24, 2018
Sansa143:
Thank Good,tot the date kidnap u grin!
grin grin grin lmao.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:15am On Jun 24, 2018
enkay2016:
and this
Awww at such young age, it looks like alefo you may need to bathe him with the red acalypha leaf.

Meanwhile iron all his clothes and beddings and wash with disinfectant. Stop using cream on him.

Run test to be sure of what it is exactly and get appropriate dermal cream.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
My son has refused to drink water, have tried different cups, sip, straw,bottle once he notices its water inside, that's it. But he takes milk and tea. He is constipated, strong poo and he has to force it b4 it drops. What do I do? What can i try?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enkay2016: 12:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
zaynie:

What cream is he using?
10/days o. Kai! Poor baby
shear butter
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enkay2016: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
lululuv:
My son has refused to drink water, have tried different cups, sip, straw,bottle once he notices its water inside, that's it. But he takes milk and tea. He is constipated, strong poo and he has to force it b4 it drops. What do I do? What can i try?
how old is he
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
enkay2016:
shear butter
please stop the shear butter for now my ds reacted badly to it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
enkay2016:
shear butter

Please stop it.
Also check if the savlon you're using for him is fake or expired.

If possible just bathe him and apply powder ( keep the powder very far from him so that he doesn't inhale the dust, rub it gently on your palms and apply to his back)

Still see a Dr as soon as you can. For the first 6 weeks of life, I'll advise Dr straight.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
zaynie:

Baking powder ..... wink

baking powder or baking soda? Before I make mistake. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
wowdiva:

Some people mix with Shea butter, but I used without mixing..
it's was okay right
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by xaves: 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2018
lululuv:

Since he takes tea and milk, then give him more frequently. You can also try home made fruit juice eg orange, watermelon etc
Well done mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
Please mamas help me ooo
....Am 3weeks3days postpartum, the problem here is that i can't poo though i do feel the urge to poo but when i try pooing,it feels so big,dry and strong.What can i do
My ds has a swollen breast filled with breast milk,how do i reduce it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
enkay2016:
how old is he

11months oo,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
xaves:

Since he takes tea and milk, then give him more frequently. You can also try home made fruit juice eg orange, watermelon etc
Well done mama.

Out to look for where to buy orange water melon, pray he takes it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ttomexy(f): 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
One of my baby was like that,what I do is early in the morning,I put little of the tea in a warm water for her and let her drink,as long as she taste that Milo/ Ovaltine in it, she will take it,try it.
lululuv:
My so

n has refused to drink water, have tried different cups, sip, straw,bottle once he notices its water inside, that's it. But he takes milk and tea. He is constipated, strong poo and he has to force it b4 it drops. What do I do? What can i try?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ademide0710: 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
Happy Sunday Mummies!! Pls which is highly nutritious between the red pap, yellow pap or White pap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Icecreamy: 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
Good evening,
Please has anyone tried the NEW PACKAGE SMA progress gold 3 (for toddlers). I noticed my baby's appetite has really gone down since I started about two weeks ago, I don't know if this could be the problem. I was using the old package one before, I never had issues like this. He his one year and six months old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
Jessie21:
Please mamas help me ooo
....Am 3weeks3days postpartum, the problem here is that i can't poo though i do feel the urge to poo but when i try pooing,it feels so big,dry and strong.What can i do
My ds has a swollen breast filled with breast milk,how do i reduce it

OMG this happened to me. It was awful. Some even said its the force with which i pushed baby out, i started wondering if pushing didn't require force. I was always pressed to poo but poo won't come out and when it managed to, its soooo big like my wrist and very hard, even made my anus sore. At some point it became bad, i was suffering from epi pains, now sore anus. I stopped trying after being pressed for three days and no poo. I went to the hospital, where my anus was pumped with warm soapy water, after which i pooed. Chei hospital people ran, see smell! After that my mum made sure i ate a full paw paw each day and everything normalized. So i'll say take plenty of fruits. Remembering this just makes me shiver. Pele o. Las las, you go shit grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.