Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410951 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 11:40am On May 02, 2015
Tnx @bossladyMo

bossladyMo:

There should be directions on the pack/bottle I guess...but most are to be used within 24-48hrs, and refrigerated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 1:06pm On May 02, 2015
esteria:
My blessed sabi mamas I hail all! I jst got my recently 6months old lo gerber applesauce to supplement ha cereal. Pls I want to know if I can warm it b4 giving her?

2ndly, can I refrigerate d remaining nd gv ha l8r?

Tnx all nd God bless
. If you want to warm it's your choice but I don't and it should be used within 24hrs.it can also be refrigerated
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 1:27pm On May 02, 2015
OMG sayoberry,im sory. I rmber smtin ago b4 d tsunami when u put up ur mom birthday pic, she ws so beautifu. Sory. Jst a little while,death wil be no more. For d lady lookin for prince and princes,check 'mamtess shop' at gegele mkt,ilorin its a vry big shop and dey hv unique varities.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 6:10pm On May 02, 2015
Tnx @FINA4804, God bless

FINA4804:
. If you want to warm it's your choice but I don't and it should be used within 24hrs.it can also be refrigerated
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 8:35pm On May 02, 2015
how do you make your baby sleep easily. I don't know if this is normal. my three months baby cries n cries anytime he feels sleepy. I just think he should b able to fall asleep on his own without need for drama n trial whether its back or rocking on the hand.can't remember him falling asleep on his own by putting him on the bed in the past three weeks. is this OK? if not, how do I train him to sleep on his own n easily. I really hope he changes.

at what age or weight do babies use midi size diaper. Pampers mini became too small for him but when I tried Huggies midi it was too big. till I got Huggies mini which is ok . someone told me Huggies stretches well that's why. I am considering changing to Prince n princesses or dry love, wanna ask mamas using them whether they stretch well like Huggies. otherwise maybe I consider midi size.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 100dollarbills(m): 9:25pm On May 02, 2015
Hello fam! We were on the bed this morning while my 8mth-old son was playing @ the window. He likes climbing and licking the burglary-proofs and the window blind tie-backs. He's been doing this since he was 6mths so it's not like we're careless.We infact clean d window pane and all that regularly.All of a sudden we heard a loud shriek and b4 we knew it his mouth was full of blood. His teeth got stuck in d tie-back and he forcefully pulled it embarassed and it removed. embarassed embarassed

We took him to his paed but he wasnt in town. We gave him paracetamol and vitC and we ensured he didnt pick up things into his mouth to avoid infections. His temprature is normal and he's been playing around in his usual 3ple-hyper way since. He slept afterward tho'. Pls what's your afvise?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 10:41pm On May 02, 2015
Hello mamas and papas in the house. Please has any1 here given birth in UCH? I have some questions please...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 6:25am On May 03, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:
OMG sayoberry,im sory. I rmber smtin ago b4 d tsunami when u put up ur mom birthday pic, she ws so beautifu. Sory. Jst a little while,death wil be no more. For d lady lookin for prince and princes,check 'mamtess shop' at gegele mkt,ilorin its a vry big shop and dey hv unique varities.
Thanks ma..,am. Will check d mamtess.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 6:25am On May 03, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:
OMG For d lady lookin for prince and princes,check 'mamtess shop' at gegele mkt,ilorin its a vry big shop and dey hv unique varities.
Thanks ma..,am. Will check d mamtess.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by liliana(f): 6:56am On May 03, 2015
Firstimer:
Mamas, can i use corned beef to prepare my 8 month old baby's meals
Not sure why not, as long as it's well cooked although I would personally avoid tinned foods until much later.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by liliana(f): 7:11am On May 03, 2015
joyousf:
how do you make your baby sleep easily. I don't know if this is normal. my three months baby cries n cries anytime he feels sleepy. I just think he should b able to fall asleep on his own without need for drama n trial whether its back or rocking on the hand.can't remember him falling asleep on his own by putting him on the bed in the past three weeks. is this OK? if not, how do I train him to sleep on his own n easily. I really hope he changes.

at what age or weight do babies use midi size diaper. Pampers mini became too small for him but when I tried Huggies midi it was too big. till I got Huggies mini which is ok . someone told me Huggies stretches well that's why. I am considering changing to Prince n princesses or dry love, wanna ask mamas using them whether they stretch well like Huggies. otherwise maybe I consider midi size.

Most babies cry when they want to sleep. It's just natural. There are several school of thoughts for this. Some believe that when they cry, as long as they are not hungry and nappy does not need changing, leave them to cry it out and they will get used to falling asleep on their own. I think it's called "tough love". I am not a fan of it though. If you choose not to follow this method, trust me, it will get better with time. I enjoyed (and still do at 2 and half) putting my son to sleep though he is beginning to show signs of independence now. Just last night, I asked him to lie down on the bed and before I could do anything, he was fast asleep! I wish you the best with whatever decision you make. Remember, it gets better! Besides @ 3 months babies are getting used to the concept of day and night so it could be one of the reasons they need help with sleep.
Not sure about the nappies though, hopefully other momies could advice.
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 7:19am On May 03, 2015
Wait!!! You mean his tooth fell out!!!!!!!!!! Wow! I'm sorry but you guys were not careful enough. My son likes to climb too and once I see him climbing the dining chair I give him a stern warning. ( The chair is high). The living room chairs or bed he climbs cos they are not quite high. You guys should never have encouraged him o! Babies are smart if you had warned him, he won't have tried that stunt again. I think you should take him to a good dentist. He still needs to be checked out by a med personnel. Well work!
100dollarbills:
Hello fam! We were on the bed this morning while my 8mth-old son was playing @ the window. He likes climbing and licking the burglary-proofs and the window blind tie-backs. He's been doing this since he was 6mths so it's not like we're careless.We infact clean d window pane and all that regularly.All of a sudden we heard a loud shriek and b4 we knew it his mouth was full of blood. His teeth got stuck in d tie-back and he forcefully pulled it embarassed and it removed. embarassed embarassed

We took him to his paed but he wasnt in town. We gave him paracetamol and vitC and we ensured he didnt pick up things into his mouth to avoid infections. His temprature is normal and he's been playing around in his usual 3ple-hyper way since. He slept afterward tho'. Pls what's your afvise?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 10:41am On May 03, 2015
joyousf:

3 months is a bit too early to expect your baby to put himself to sleep.

Even advocates of sleep training say from 5 months.

Anyways don't worry. We all know motherhood is tough so stay encouraged. It gets easier, that I can promise you.

Have you started backing? It helped a lot for me

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 4:33pm On May 03, 2015
thanks for your responses n encouragement. yes I do back him or rock him to sleep on my arms. pple started passing comments like I av trained him with backing, he should be sleeping on his own etc n I decided to ask whether its normal. I also thought he was too young.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lassbaby(f): 5:12pm On May 03, 2015
Happy Sunday my adorable mothers in d house. pls does NAN formula hv foreign n Nigeria? if yes,how do one detect it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 03, 2015
Mothers,blessed new week to us all,pls is dia anyone dat can help,I nid a gud hospital in magboro area,jst moved here and I nid to go for medical checkup,myself and lo,thx as u respond.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 8:36am On May 04, 2015
Does anyone knw of a gud creche around apongbon, lagos island?
Tx in adv.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 10:48am On May 04, 2015
tnx alot, will look out for.
FINA4804:
. There are special yougurt for children. E.g gerber yougurt,heinz yougurt

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by saheed2532(m): 11:20am On May 04, 2015
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE OVERWEIGHT FOR EVER My husband used to complain that after four kids I no longer take care of myself that am I the only married woman with kids? He was adamant that his friend's wife has four kids too and yet she looks trim without big belly and smart. I continue to BE adding weight as I never take him serious for his complaint as I felt nothing can be done about it. Until recently when personally I started yo be feeling embarrassed going out with him because I look so big and weigh also I find it difficult to do most of those domestic and office work I do before. I felt bitter but lowered my pride to ask a friend on how she has been maintaining her look and she showed me a bottle of T5fatburners T5 Fat burner pills. The secret is out guys and you can buy the pills by clicking here (all natural and safe) it is the strongest legal weight loss pills. All you need to do is take 1 tablet as soon as you wake up and it will curb your appetite, give you lots of energy and burn the fat off - Do not take late at night as you will have too much energy to sleep. Very simple http://­ www.t5fatburners.com.ng/?t_id=SaheedUthman

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clinik: 3:22pm On May 04, 2015
joyousf:

sis,it depends on your baby's size... For instance I was using prince and princess mini from d onset for my baby all of sudden I noticed to wear d diaper for him became war,so I decided to go for. p and p midi and is a bit bigger for him,so I Dos ones,bought dry love mini...chai..! over small dey worry am.. I finally bought dry love midi and its exactly his size,my baby will b four months next week,so it depends on their sizes... I hope this helps..!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 4:26pm On May 04, 2015
clinik:

sis,it depends on your baby's size... For instance I was using prince and princess mini from d onset for my baby all of sudden I noticed to wear d diaper for him became war,so I decided to go for. p and p midi and is a bit bigger for him,so I Dos ones,bought dry love mini...chai..! over small dey worry am.. I finally bought dry love midi and its exactly his size,my baby will b four months next week,so it depends on their sizes... I hope this helps..!

Pls,does your baby weigh more than 7kg?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clinik: 10:05pm On May 04, 2015
customised87:

Pls,does your baby weigh more than 7kg?
Yes mama.... hope no prob mam,abi its not normal ni...?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 10:29pm On May 04, 2015
clinik:

@clinik pls I will like 2 knw ur experience with d p n p cos dats wat i bought..Is it ok?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 10:37pm On May 04, 2015
clinik:

Yes mama.... hope no prob mam,abi its not normal ni...?

No probs at all. Just wanted to use it to know what size of the Dry Love diaper to buy for my baby. Some diaper brands write the size range on their wrapper while some don't, that way u ll be able to know what size to buy for the baby. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Binthere: 12:50pm On May 05, 2015
Sayoberry,take heart dear. RIP Mama.

Pls mums, does anyone know a good creche in Akoka?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ezeanna: 1:31pm On May 05, 2015
Hello good mamas, pls what can I do to relieve my 4 weeks old baby of catarrh? It's really blocking his nose.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ezeanna: 1:34pm On May 05, 2015
Hello, good mamas, pls what can I do to relieve my 4 weeks old baby of catarrh? It's really blocking his nose.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 2:57pm On May 05, 2015
pls mamas my lo's front hair have chopped off,leaving patches. what could be d cause? she is just 2 months old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 4:30pm On May 05, 2015
clinik:

thanks. will consider dry love midi or retain d Huggies snug n dry mini. I would confirm his weight and see. though it didn't matter for the Pampers mini. it was too small despite the fact that he hadn't reached the upper weight limit then
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clinik: 4:43pm On May 05, 2015
proudmom38:

@clinik pls I will like 2 knw ur experience with d p n p cos dats wat i bought..Is it ok?

Proudmom dear p and p is very good,just DAT my baby out grown d mini very quickly and midi I bought is a little bit bigger dan him,also there was a tym dat p and p was very scarse Dats y I settled for dry love midi...... Nothing to worry abt mam,its a good product.. prouddad nko and how pushing ministry...? Much love
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clinik: 4:48pm On May 05, 2015
joyousf:

thanks. will consider dry love midi or retain d Huggies snug n dry mini. I would confirm his weight and see. though it didn't matter for the Pampers mini. it was too small despite the fact that he hadn't reached the upper weight limit then

You welcome sis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 05, 2015
Ezeanna:
Hello, good mamas, pls what can I do to relieve my 4 weeks old baby of catarrh? It's really blocking his nose.

Add a little eucaplytus oil to his normal oil....you can then rub on his chest and hair too. The minty smell would clear his sinus.....be careful sha cos it has a really strong mint content. Let him suck well to for vit C.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.