Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397121 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
unex50:

Hmm what age is your baby....this is making me unhappy already...cuz I plan on enrolling my DD in a creche in 2weeks time cuz I will be resuming work by March...I want her to get used to it before I resume....I'm so scared to leave her...thoughts just keeps running through me..like will she be well taken care of nd all...oh Lord.

cc Strongwoman333,

my daughter is 3 years and we are still on the flu, cold and cough matter.

there are many strains of the cold virus and they will likely be catching it one after the other. when my DD started nursery at about 1 year, we were on cold and flu duty for at least 6 months straight. as one is ending and you get some respite for a week or 2 another one will surface, and you as the parent are also following them to catch it as they will come and distribute it to the whole house.

But on the flip side, it does help them build their immunity to germs. They will either catch it now or they will catch it later when they start proper school.

Your role as the parent is to just help them the best you can.

Ensure hands are washed before eating,
Give them a varied and healthy diet and even introduce multivitamins to help as well
Stock up on nasal sprays drops and Eucalyptus oil ( aka silverbird) or Olbas oil and paracetamol- these should be a household essential in my opinion.
Ensure baby is properly hydrated. lots of fluids - water , warm milk/ formular or diluted orange juice depending on age.

For cough - that is the worst one, try and have a sleeping position for them that elevates there head, it may mean baby sleeping on the bouncer or elevating one set of legs of the cot or proping underneath one side of the mattress to achieve this.

Be vigilant also and go to the hospital if you suspect it may be bacterial so that antibiotics may be prescribed if needed.

If you see baby is in any way struggling to breath, (not just blocked nose oh, the type that they are using all their energy to breath with very pronounced chest moment and usually very loud -PLEASE treat this as an emergency and RUN to the hospital. they may need to be Nebulised and given steroids to reduce inflamation and swelling in the lungs.

all in all, parenthood is not a ride in the park. we just have to adapt and stay strong for our babies.

How is everyone doing by the way? grin

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2019
gabby18:

Hmnnnn...story of my life...until 2weeks ago. I noticed whenever I'm with a glass of juice, he starts stretching his mouth.. so I recently started using a glass cup in giving him his meds and he takes it well and licks his mouth.
I pour the required amount of the syrup in a glass cup ( I ususally don't let him see me doing this) and take it to him saying " do you want juice? and voilaaaaa he drinks it All up...

grin Sense no go kill you grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 5:30pm On Jan 28, 2019
hunniesuzie:
No, don't stir, your son seems to be like mine, don't encourage him please, don't give up trying proper foods grin

Will try it again tomorrow. The recipes I'm seeing is different sha. Lol, i give him everything i eat, hopefully one day we will hit jackpot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 5:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
StrongWoman333:
Mamas please since my baby started attending creche it has been from one ailment to the other. It was catharrh and now its cough. Please what can i do for the cough to go? Urgent reply please...

My dear it's not easy at all, the sicknesses baby did not have in one year of birth, he has had in three months of creche. Cold and cataarh diaper rash etc. But don't have a choice noni. Just try and see a doc so tests can be run and treatment can start. It is well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tiwatopebam(f): 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2019
good evening, how is your son? if you can afford it carry him to the hospital to see paediatric, the same thing happened to my son twice. it is a fungi infection, until he takes the drugs. they will give him antifungi drugs and antifungi cream, within three days it will clear.
pateffy:
Afternoon mothers please come to my rescue my baby has been having some spots on his back. first everybody said eela we used the agbo to bath for him after a week it didn't work then I started using baby tribotan it will clear it and before I know it will return again that part of his body has some spots and its getting dry all the time what can I do here is a picture

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chimzy09(f): 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
keeki:
please mama's how can I make my son take drugs. I have tried to force him he will just pour it out. I try to sprinkle water or blow breeze on his face while giving him the medicine but all to no avail. I have tried using a dropper and it's still the same.is there a way I can trick him or cajole him?

With the dropper or a syringe, you can put through the side of his mouth and then drop it under or on the side of his tongue...reflex will make him swallow. Worked on all my sisters’ kids. Currently working on my DD. Be careful not to squirt it directly into his throat to avoid choking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
AlphaHandMaiden:

cc Strongwoman333,

my daughter is 3 years and we are still on the flu, cold and cough matter.

there are many strains of the cold virus and they will likely be catching it one after the other. when my DD started nursery at about 1 year, we were on cold and flu duty for at least 6 months straight. as one is ending and you get some respite for a week or 2 another one will surface, and you as the parent are also following them to catch it as they will come and distribute it to the whole house.

But on the flip side, it does help them build their immunity to germs. They will either catch it now or they will catch it later when they start proper school.

Your role as the parent is to just help them the best you can.

Ensure hands are washed before eating,
Give them a varied and healthy diet and even introduce multivitamins to help as well
Stock up on nasal sprays drops and Eucalyptus oil ( aka silverbird) or Olbas oil and paracetamol- these should be a household essential in my opinion.
Ensure baby is properly hydrated. lots of fluids - water , warm milk/ formular or diluted orange juice depending on age.

For cough - that is the worst one, try and have a sleeping position for them that elevates there head, it may mean baby sleeping on the bouncer or elevating one set of legs of the cot or proping underneath one side of the mattress to achieve this.

Be vigilant also and go to the hospital if you suspect it may be bacterial so that antibiotics may be prescribed if needed.

If you see baby is in any way struggling to breath, (not just blocked nose oh, the type that they are using all their energy to breath with very pronounced chest moment and usually very loud -PLEASE treat this as an emergency and RUN to the hospital. they may need to be Nebulised and given steroids to reduce inflamation and swelling in the lungs.

all in all, parenthood is not a ride in the park. we just have to adapt and stay strong for our babies.

How is everyone doing by the way? grin
Lol Thanks grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
goodfortun:

My dear it's not easy at all, the sicknesses baby did not have in one year of birth, he has had in three months of creche. Cold and cataarh diaper rash etc. But don't have a choice noni. Just try and see a doc so tests can be run and treatment can start. It is well.
Amen thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 10:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
gabby18:

Hmnnnn...story of my life...until 2weeks ago. I noticed whenever I'm with a glass of juice, he starts stretching his mouth.. so I recently started using a glass cup in giving him his meds and he takes it well and licks his mouth.
I pour the required amount of the syrup in a glass cup ( I ususally don't let him see me doing this) and take it to him saying " do you want juice? and voilaaaaa he drinks it All up...

lol. sharp mama. I pray he accepts this method.thank u ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
Chimzy09:

With the dropper or a syringe, you can put through the side of his mouth and then drop it under or on the side of his tongue...reflex will make him swallow. Worked on all my sisters’ kids. Currently working on my DD. Be careful not to squirt it directly into his throat to avoid choking

this is Great idea will do it this way.thank u ma

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 2:03am On Jan 29, 2019
rvpbae:

Abeg is there a specific measurement for making this? Mine came out like scrambled eggs. Did i cook for too long or added little watet while mixing thr formula?

Cc hunniesuzie
I dissolve formula with water, beat my egg in a separate plate till is foamy. Mix everything thoroughly in a separate plate, pour in a small moi moi plate. Allow water to boil before I place it inside it, cook for some min(actually I do a mental timing), I don't open it till I'm sure in my mind that is done grin grin
I turn it immediately I bring it down, add milk again.

How much is reload?

1 Like 7 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 7:37am On Jan 29, 2019
Ekwueme is ur name oh Lord, no man can take ur glory.
My DS was discharged yesterday. He was so tired nd eager to go home... Lol
Playing up nd down .... Resumed
Mummy shouting... Resumed cheesy cheesy
God bless all d mothers it is not easy.
Thanks to u mamas for all d love and prayers ... We shall live to reap d fruits of our labour nd our children will take good care of us in all age...amen.

I don't want to send him back to school again sad sad few days of going he was battling with bacteria infection. Abeg sabi mamas wat do I do?

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 9:25am On Jan 29, 2019
FloraEC:

I dissolve formula with milk, beat my egg in a separate plate till is foamy. Mix everything thoroughly in a separate plate, pour in a small moi moi plate. Allow water to boil before I place it inside it, cook for some min(actually I do a mental timing), I don't open it till I'm sure in my mind that is done grin grin
I turn it immediately I bring it down, add milk again.

How much is reload?

Dissolve formula with milk? Or you mean water? Abeg whats the ratio you used in dissolving also did u cover the moi moi tin or just the pot?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 9:36am On Jan 29, 2019
sunbestie:
Ekwueme is ur name oh Lord, no man can take ur glory.
My DS was discharged yesterday. He was so tired nd eager to go home... Lol
Playing up nd down .... Resumed
Mummy shouting... Resumed cheesy cheesy
God bless all d mothers it is not easy.
Thanks to u mamas for all d love and prayers ... We shall live to reap d fruits of our labour nd our children will take good care of us in all age...amen.

I don't want to send him back to school again sad sad few days of going he was battling with bacteria infection. Abeg sabi mamas wat do I do?

Praise God!
I can imagine with all the sleepless nights but what can will do, they can't be with us all the time. I will suggest you try to build his immune system, if he is one year and above, you can pound garlic, ginger, then add a tbsp of honey and add little drop of lemon and give to him (if he can take it), mine takes it though. It helps build their immune system, it also serves as an anti-inflammation for bacteria and all. Also make cos liver oil your friend. This has helped me lot, atleast hospital wahala has reduced. Then, the slightest cough, I just give honey before it increases.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 10:23am On Jan 29, 2019
phunmie306:

Praise God!
I can imagine with all the sleepless nights but what can will do, they can't be with us all the time. I will suggest you try to build his immune system, if he is one year and above, you can pound garlic, ginger, then add a tbsp of honey and add little drop of lemon and give to him (if he can take it), mine takes it though. It helps build their immune system, it also serves as an anti-inflammation for bacteria and all. Also make cos liver oil your friend. This has helped me lot, atleast hospital wahala has reduced. Then, the slightest cough, I just give honey before it increases.
Thanks mama. Nice idea
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 10:44am On Jan 29, 2019
keeki:

Try
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 10:45am On Jan 29, 2019
keeki:

Try it out with a little quantity of juice or fanta or something sweet first of all...if he accepts, switch to the actual meds...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 10:55am On Jan 29, 2019
gabby18:

Try it out with a little quantity of juice or fanta or something sweet first of all...if he accepts, switch to the actual meds...

Pls, let's try and avoid fizzy drinks ooo. 1. It's bad for their tender age, spoils their teeth and also makes them have sweet tooth which later becomes a problem with them eating things that are not sweet. I will advice you use the syringe method, whereby you put by the side of the mouth of the child.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 10:58am On Jan 29, 2019
angeltolly:

grin Sense to go kill you grin

Hmnnnn these kids will force u to be creative by force!!! A friend was also having issues getting her 13 month old baby to take her pap from hr own bottle..she noticed the babe was struggling for the bottle of small stout with her grandma...
She jejely rinsed the bottle of stout when d grandma was through with it and transferred d pap to d bottle of small stout an d lil babe finished the same pap she was rejecting at first grin

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 11:00am On Jan 29, 2019
phunmie306:

Pls, let's try and avoid fizzy drinks ooo. 1. It's bad for their tender age, spoils their teeth and also makes them have sweet tooth which later becomes a problem with them eating things that are not sweet. I will advice you use the syringe method, whereby you put by the side of the mouth of the child.

Yeah...that's why I said a little quantity not a full cup smiley...I don't think giving the child 2ml of juice to taste wld cause a sweet tooth or decay overnight.. in my case, syringes, droppers,spoons...every other trick failed and ended up being soaked in his clothes.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 11:09am On Jan 29, 2019
Also, mamas that have started solid, you can try this meal: Irish potato, carrot and egg (cook all together) and blend. Kids enjoy it and by that you are incorprating beta carotene, fibre, potassium and antioxidants which carrots has and potato which is a veg. This makes them like their vegetables because they can taste it and know it when given later. For the meal, prepare and thank me later�.

5 Likes 16 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 11:10am On Jan 29, 2019
gabby18:

Yeah...that's why I said a little quantity not a full cup smiley...I don't think giving the child 2ml of juice to taste wld cause a sweet tooth or decay overnight.. in my case, syringes, droppers,spoons...every other trick failed and ended up being soaked in his clothes.

Ok mama. Too much sense mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 11:12am On Jan 29, 2019
gabby18:

Hmnnnn these kids will force u to be creative by force!!! A friend was also having issues getting her 13 month old baby to take her pap from hr own bottle..she noticed the babe was struggling for the bottle of small stout with her grandma...
She jejely rinsed the bottle of stout when d grandma was through with it and transferred d pap to d bottle of small stout an d lil babe finished the same pap she was rejecting at first grin

Hahaaaha, lol cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Toopee: 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
Senior mummies in the house, please, I need good recommendations on baby carriers. Also, between Aveeno and Seba Med which is better?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:16pm On Jan 29, 2019
Mum2bsoon oya come ó.

Someone said I shuu give you a 3pc wear plus a romper for your daughter.
Cost of delivery is on her too. kiss kiss kiss kiss

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mum2bsoon: 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2019
zaynie:
Mum2bsoon oya come ó.

Someone said I shuu give you a 3pc wear for your daughter.
Cost of delivery is on her too. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Wow, thanks so much to that special someone that blessed us with this. God bless you.

Mama Zaynie, God bless you too.
Oluwatiresimi is saying thanks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hello mamas

Please my DS of a year and one week is refusing to chew his food. If I give him anything that does not have the consistency or texture of pap/ custard he usually swallows at once without trying to soften the food in his mouth first. Even very soft mashed rice or beans, he just swallows at once and starts coughing and choking. It has to be very watery and almost liquid before he can eat it without coughing because he doesn't chew or mix food in the mouth with spit first.

I don't know how to teach him to chew his food.
Help me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
Aveeno is lovely on my baby's skin. I tried Sebamed and it gave her skin reaction but it could be nice on your baby's skin. I used mothercare carrier, it is fair but i think there are better ones.
Toopee:
Senior mummies in the house, please, I need good recommendations on baby carriers. Also, between Aveeno and Seba Med which is better?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
nahzyla:
Hello mamas

Please my DS of a year and one week is refusing to chew his food. If I give him anything that does not have the consistency or texture of pap/ custard he usually swallows at once without trying to soften the food in his mouth first. Even very soft mashed rice or beans, he just swallows at once and starts coughing and choking. It has to be very watery and almost liquid before he can eat it without coughing because he doesn't chew or mix food in the mouth with spit first.

I don't know how to teach him to chew his food.
Help me.

Maybe you can try with food that are not completely mashed and see if he accepts it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2019
phunmie306:

Maybe you can try with food that are not completely mashed and see if he accepts it.

Thanks, but its the same, either he swallows without chewing or he pushes it out of mouth with his tongue.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodhairdiary: 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
nahzyla:

Thanks, but its the same, either he swallows without chewing or he pushes it out of mouth with his tongue.

Story of my life
I still have to puree most of his meals if I want him to take reasonable quantity, else he'll get choked n throw everything up or not take it at all
He's 13months

(1) (2) (3) ... (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.