Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397253 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 11:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
4realwoman:
pls mama's, I also need answer to the question above. Thanks

Mitche15
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emerald65(f): 5:44am On Mar 04, 2019
Sorry for bumping in.

Buy a bodyshaper and get any of these for free. WhatsApp./call 09092172360..

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 9:40am On Mar 04, 2019
rvpbae:

This children no go kill person. No salt for babies under one pls. How come he prefers salt? Who introduced him to salt?

Does he take other foods?

thank you ma

na mumsy ooo

the day me i tried it, the boy blatantly refused to take it.. i just tire
he doesnt take other food for now but i dont mind introducing him to sumtin else

you have any ideas, kindly assist smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 9:41am On Mar 04, 2019
Giddyperson:

Lol salt kwa. First try adding cratfish and blended dry fish. August secrets sells but you can also blend yours. GB loves salty food too so i always put plenty of crayfish in her food.

thank you ma

it has been noted
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 9:46am On Mar 04, 2019
Giddyperson:
My cry period cry is cry back cry It cry wasn't cry even cry up cry to cry two cry months cry post cry delivery cry. This cry is cry just cry village cry people cry.
On cheesy the cheesy bright cheesy side cheesy i cheesy haven't cheesy played cheesy any cheesy rough cheesy play tongue

Biko we started potty training or something that looks like potty training undecided. We started last week and up until now, she still doesn't know you're meant to poo or pee inside the potty. In fact if she starts pooping and i take off her diaper she stops. If i make her sit on the potty she stops too. I've tried putting a diaper in the potty, it didn't work. How did you people finally do it? Flora EC i know there was a time this was driving you crazy, how did you finally do it. Anyone else, especially anyone who's toddler stays home.

about your period, i somehow feel happy for you, atleast you know when to be on guard

me na, this is almost 8 months running and nothing.... i don buy pt strip keep for house, every two months, i test.. we go dey alright

by the way, my baby is almost 8 months , he is yet to start crawling. Although he takes the position, he can spin 360 at a spot with his bum bum and belly, but to move, naim be the koko..i feel he is just afraid

anything i can do to help him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 9:53am On Mar 04, 2019
sunbestie:

My DS sits on his potty to pee but since he started school he prefers standing and holding his thing sef.... Lolz
Whichever way dat works for him as long as he use d potty no wahala

zaynie:

Let him sit.
Since he'll need to sit to poo.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:07am On Mar 04, 2019
preshpearl:

thank you ma

na mumsy ooo

the day me i tried it, the boy blatantly refused to take it.. i just tire
he doesnt take other food for now but i dont mind introducing him to sumtin else

you have any ideas, kindly assist smiley

www.nairaland.com/4758545/baby-foods-recipes-weaning-solids
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 10:16am On Mar 04, 2019
preshpearl:

about your period, i somehow feel happy for you, atleast you know when to be on guard

me na, this is almost 8 months running and nothing.... i don buy pt strip keep for house, every two months, i test.. we go dey alright

by the way, my baby is almost 8 months , he is yet to start crawling. Although he takes the position, he can spin 360 at a spot with his bum bum and belly, but to move, naim be the koko..i feel he is just afraid

We're in the same boat oo, I now detoxed and have been cramping but no show yet.

My son just started frog crawling, he'll be 9m next week, at all at all shaa. At least he's moving grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 10:32am On Mar 04, 2019

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 10:32am On Mar 04, 2019
FloraEC:

We're in the same boat oo, I now detoxed and have been cramping but no show yet.

My son just started frog crawling, he'll be 9m next week, at all at all shaa. At least he's moving grin grin

hopefully mine will soon as well

cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 10:50am On Mar 04, 2019
zaynie:

God, this matter!
I'm so sorry, I've been so swamped lately.
@ grandma ifyalways I spoke to PM about the issue you raised.
She said her husband does forex exchange but was duped some years ago coupled with his recent illness which made things go downhill.
She assures me that he is trying his best to get back on his feet.

Okay.

Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by johnbull2017(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2019
SOS Please:
My wife(nursing mother) travelled out of the country for work, for 3weeks while she was exclusive breastfeeding our 4months baby.
Now she's back, but,
1. Baby doesn't want to latch on the breast.
2. Breast isn't secreting milking anymore.
Please, we would be needing any useful information on how to go about our situation. We really want to breast feeding our LO.
Thanks and God Bless.

PS: She was expressing while she was away, until I guess she was tired or stressful for her, so she stopped after two weeks.
2. She has been drinking fenugreek soaked in water since her arrival.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2019
Dear Mama's, please I have a topic of discussion. I met a friend today who asked about my baby and I told her she was in creche. She told me it was too early that I would have allowed her clock at least 1year I told her I had no choice... She said most of those caregivers only do it for the sake of the money that besides I don't know what goes on there. Since then I've been so worried and confused... I thought putting a child in creche is a good idea esp for mothers that don't really have the full time. She also said the child can't really express themselves on what goes on there. Mama's what do you all think about this topic

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2019
Mamas pls what can I use for my baby"s skin, he has an extremely dry skin(from his father o). I have to apply ori always on his face so his face his not as dry as other parts of his body that is somehow scaly sef. My mum said the ori I use as his body cream doesn't contain enough oil that's why his body still looks dry after applying. I was thinking twas the weather.
Also he doesn't like lying down again, he's always struggling/crying to sit up & look around for what I don't know and he'd be 3months by next week. At what month can I start sitting him up?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2019
StrongWoman333:
Dear Mama's, please I have a topic of discussion. I met a friend today who asked about my baby and I told her she was in creche. She told me it was too early that I would have allowed her clock at least 1year I told her I had no choice... She said most of those caregivers only do it for the sake of the money that besides I don't know what goes on there. Since then I've been so worried and confused... I thought putting a child in creche is a good idea esp for mothers that don't really have the full time. She also said the child can't really express themselves on what goes on there. Mama's what do you all think about this topic
My daughter started creche as soon as she turned 3.5 months as I had to resume work. Getting a nanny or minder to stay at home was a no-no.
The creche was close to my place of work, so I was always visiting to breast feed and check up on her.
Please don't let anybody make you feel guilty, each to his/her own.
At the end, God alone protects and preserves.

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
People generally always have something to say about everything. Even those that don't do creche people tell them that they are raising clingy children that won't adjust well undecided

Childcare is an absolute necessity for working mums, once you've checked the place and are comfortable with the facilities just ignore. If your friend feels strongly about it she can help you watch the baby while you work or do your business grin

My baby started creche at 15 weeks because (wo)man must work. He adjusted well, is absolutely fine and is 2 years old now. Don't worry, baby is fine!

StrongWoman333:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
johnbull2017:
SOS Please:
My wife(nursing mother) travelled out of the country for work, for 3weeks while she was exclusive breastfeeding our 4months baby.
Now she's back, but,
1. Baby doesn't want to latch on the breast.
2. Breast isn't secreting milking anymore.
Please, we would be needing any useful information on how to go about our situation. We really want to breast feeding our LO.
Thanks and God Bless.

PS: She was expressing while she was away, until I guess she was tired or stressful for her, so she stopped after two weeks.
2. She has been drinking fenugreek soaked in water since her arrival.

Just let it go.
Weaning a child is traumatic enough for a child to go through once, not to talk of twice.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 4:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
cutiereborn:

My daughter started creche as soon as she turned 3.5 months as I had to resume work. Getting a nanny or minder to stay at home was a no-no.
The creche was close to my place of work, so I was always visiting to breast feed and check up on her.
Please don't let anybody make you feel guilty, each to his/her own.
At the end, God alone protects and preserves.
OK ma'am thanks for this. I feel better now...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 4:24pm On Mar 04, 2019
hunniesuzie:
People generally always have something to say about everything. Even those that don't do creche people tell them that they are raising clingy children that won't adjust well undecided

Childcare is an absolute necessity for working mums, once you've checked the place and are comfortable with the facilities just ignore. If your friend feels strongly about it she can help you watch the baby while you work or do your business grin

My baby started creche at 15 weeks because (wo)man must work. He adjusted well, is absolutely fine and is 2 years old now. Don't worry, baby is fine!

Hmnn thanks... grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:52pm On Mar 04, 2019
Good Afternoon, my beautiful mums and dads,

I trust we are all doing well. Abeg no vex, let me just drop this here....

Attention parents of Toddlers!!!

We (at Mima Bear Cloth Nappies) have deals running for the launch of our toddler range of items - so get your reusable toddler training pants and reusable bed mats, plus follow us on Instagram (www.instagram.com/mimabearnappies) so you can enter into competition to win one of three items.

A few images of the bed mats and training pant below:

See link for further details

https://mailchi.mp/e254461b2cb3/product-launch-get-massive-discounts-and-win-items

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
preshpearl:

Me I'm jealous of you, 8 whole months.

For your baby, put things in front of him that he would like to reach for. One thing i find really good for babies is consistent tummy time when they are still very young. Once you start tummy time you see their muscles getting stronger and stronger and they can reach their milestones faster.

But crawling fast is overrated, that's when they really start to make your life a living hell cheesy I won't worry about it if I were you. He'd sha move the day he wants to move, with or without help

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
First My DS had indigestion for a day then when he finally poop it was watery poop over the weekend, that is gone now but the issue is he's always demanding for water such that he will become so full and vomit almost everything he's had. I was afraid of dehydration, so I give him anytime he ask for water. No fever, plays well but am thinking he's lost some weight (dunno if its me tho) please who has anything to say to this.

Modified : I think watery poop is back cos he just had one now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
SlimBrawnie:
Mamas pls what can I use for my baby"s skin, he has an extremely dry skin(from his father o). I have to apply ori always on his face so his face his not as dry as other parts of his body that is somehow scaly sef. My mum said the ori I use as his body cream doesn't contain enough oil that's why his body still looks dry after applying. I was thinking twas the weather.
Also he doesn't like lying down again, he's always struggling/crying to sit up & look around for what I don't know and he'd be 3months by next week. At what month can I start sitting him up?
Maybe shea butter is not a good enough moisturizer for his kind of skin. If it were an older child, I'd say don't towel dry his body and just rub the shea butter over the water on his body after bath. But for a 3 month old, just buy Aveeno or Sebamed lotion. If you don't want to waste money on those, try coconut oil.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
angeltolly:
First My DS had indigestion for a day then when he finally poop it was watery poop over the weekend, that is gone now but the issue is he's always demanding for water such that he will become so full and vomit almost everything he's had. I was afraid of dehydration, so I give him anytime he ask for water. No fever, plays well but am thinking he's lost some weight (dunno if its me tho) please who has anything to say to this.
Don't fill the cup everytime he asks. Instead give him at intervals, even before he asks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
Giddyperson:

Maybe shea butter is not a good enough moisturizer for his kind of skin. If it were an older child, I'd say don't towel dry his body and just rub the shea butter over the water on his body after bath. But for a 3 month old, just buy Aveeno or Sebamed lotion. If you don't want to waste money on those, try coconut oil.

It was even coconut oil I was using from birth, it even makes his skin dry the more, not good for him at all. I'd get Sebamed or Aveeno within the week. I'd still try that Shea butter over water tomorrow shaaa.
Thank you smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2019
Giddyperson:
My cry period cry is cry back :'up until now, she still doesn't know you're meant to poo or pee inside the potty. In fact if she starts pooping and i take off her diaper e.
The things we did that helped : you need to let her stay off diaper once you are at home, you will clean urine and poo but it will let her understand what you are telling her. At some point she will start cleaning the urine herself. Each time she urinates or poo, tell her what she did and point to the potty telling her to use it next time (she won't understand immediately so you have to be patient) and don't get tired of repeating the process. The last thing I did that eventually gave us breakthrough was to be using the potty myself so that she could See Me and I tell her what I just did. This really helped... All the best grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
4realwoman:
Id assume budget means you do not want to throw a party...

These are the three options

Option number 1

if your baby goes to Creche,

Get a small cake 8-12k

Get party packs, maybe a modest party pack, there are some I've seen that came in tiny nylons with just sweets, biscuits, ribena and a small toy, maybe whistle inside. Guess like 5k can take care of this type of party pack depending on how many kids you have to give. It doesn't have to be this basic tho, for GBs first birthday, i put one story book, one stuffed animal then just loaded the bag with sweets and children's drinks.

Take these to the creche, they would sing happy birthday and you take pictures with your phone. cheesy

Option number 2 and my plan for GB's 2nd birthday.
If your baby doesn't go to creche.

Get a small cake 8_12k

Get two cartons of malt, I dunno what that costs, maybe 4k
Take pictures with your phone

Share the cake and drinks with neighbours and any other places where the baby has fans. Don't invite them to your house, just package it and take to them. (I've seen stuff on my desk at work sometimes and id ask from where and they would say someone's baby turned +1).

Option number 3. Mini party
Cook a big cooler of rice
Buy drinks
Get a cake
Get a cheap photographer
Fix the birthday party on a weekend if it didn't fall there.
Text close friends and family to come by, you don't even have to specify the time. Everyone would come by at different times, eat, gist and go.

Miscellaneous if your money is still remaining cheesy
Cute birthday outfit(s)10k more or less
You can always go to a cheap studio and do a photoshoot, i hear studio24 or whatever is not charging 100k like the rest of them cheesy
Also instead of taking pictures with your phone, you can call a good roadside photographer or that one that hangs out at your church on Sundays. Don't mention the words 'one year old' or 'photoshoot', just tell them there's a small get together in your house and begin to bargain like an Ijebu.

Cc: Graced2018

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:22pm On Mar 04, 2019
lightedpath:
The things we did that helped : you need to let her stay off diaper once you are at home, you will clean urine and poo but it will let her understand what you are telling her. At some point she will start cleaning the urine herself. Each time she urinates or poo, tell her what she did and point to the potty telling her to use it next time (she won't understand immediately so you have to be patient) and don't get tired of repeating the process. The last thing I did that eventually gave us breakthrough was to be using the potty myself so that she could See Me and I tell her what I just did. This really helped... All the best grin
Choi, reduced to using potty, i hope it doesn't come to that cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

It was even coconut oil I was using from birth, it even makes his skin dry the more, not good for him at all. I'd get Sebamed or Aveeno within the week. I'd still try that Shea butter over water tomorrow shaaa.
Thank you smiley

If u can get cetaphil, it works well for my son

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2019
talltosyne:

If u can get cetaphil, it works well for my son

I just googled it, the reviews are okay. I will however compare it with Sebamed before I make my choice. I just hope I get the original of whichever one I eventually settle for. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
4realwoman:

Hello ma'am. I sell party packs at an affordable rate. pls contact me on 09087846786
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
Graced2018:
Can anyone please give tips of how to plan a 1yr old birthday on a budget?

Meaningful Party pack ideas etc

My darling, I sell meaningful party packs on your budget. send us a message on 09087846786.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.