Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,166 members, 7,838,991 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4434396 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 9:58pm On May 30, 2015
maran1983:

How old is your baby.
I do steam inhalation to clear stuffy nose. Put some eucalyptus oil in a bowl of hot water, place the water under your laps, place baby over your laps so she can inhale the steam from the water.
I hope this helps.

Ok, thanks. She's 3 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:05pm On May 30, 2015
pam09:
Good evening house. Please I need urgent assistance.
My Lo is two weeks old today. We started off with formula because my breast wouldn't flow. Then around Friday we started breastfeeding but not eliminating the formula completely.
Before now,I had wanted to do EBF so by Wednesday I stopped the formula completely.
Now the issue is that my baby seems not satisfied with the breastmilk. She suckles for more than three hours non stop both night and day and when you try to take her mouth of the breast, she starts crying. Unlike when she was on formula she doesn't sleep like so long anymore. Am confused, I don't know if to continue with EBF or go back to formula. I ve tried so much to boost my breastmilk, I take plenty of fluid, eat everything I can lay my hands on.
Please has anyone experienced this before. I need your advice on the way forward so I don't fall into depression cos I don't find it easy breastfeeding for up to 3uninterrupted hours.

You're strong oh. Breastfeeding for 3 hours (thumbs up). Why not express so you can see if you're lactating very well. It's possible your Lo isn't getting enough milk. I observed it's not just about eating anything that makes breast milk to flow but eating them real hot. Be strong!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pam09(f): 4:55am On May 31, 2015
MiracleMum:

You're strong oh. Breastfeeding for 3 hours (thumbs up). Why not express so you can see if you're lactating very well. It's possible your Lo isn't getting enough milk. I observed it's not just about eating anything that makes breast milk to flow but eating them real hot. Be strong!
Lol it's not funny but I don't have a choice else she would cry. I have not tried expressing into a bottle before but I assist her when she is suckles.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 5:32am On May 31, 2015
pam09:
My Lo is two weeks old today. We started off with formula because my breast wouldn't flow. Then around Friday we started breastfeeding but not eliminating the formula completely.
Before now,I had wanted to do EBF so by Wednesday I stopped the formula completely.
Now the issue is that my baby seems not satisfied with the breastmilk. She suckles for more than three hours non stop both night and day and when you try to take her mouth of the breast, she starts crying. Unlike when she was on formula she doesn't sleep like so long anymore. Am confused, I don't know if to continue with EBF or go back to formula. I ve tried so much to boost my breastmilk, I take plenty of fluid, eat everything I can lay my hands on.
Please has anyone experienced this before. I need your advice on the way forward so I don't fall into depression cos I don't find it easy breastfeeding for up to 3uninterrupted hours.
Congrats mum,its not easy breastfeeding a baby for 3 hours or more and the baby seems unsatisfied, it happened to me too.My mum jejely advised me to go for formular that my baby eats alot and breastmilk cant satisfy some babies. Since then,my baby sleeps well and i could also rest and have time for other house chores.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 8:10am On May 31, 2015
maran1983:

joyousf, where do you stay? I have a brand new tommee tippee electric breast pump I want to give out.

Oga oooo. I dey here dey look for who go dash me things ( pump included) since as I no get money to buy. No wahala o. tongue

Madam joyous tell her where you dey stay o(I'm jealous sha o)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adebodun2012: 8:13am On May 31, 2015
mytestimony:

Thanks. Its sheabutter I use for her o
Please someone tell me how do u prevent ppl frm touching baby's face. Some go to d extent of even kissing baby. Why wld u be kissing baby like that when you are not family.

It's better u stop anyone from kissing ur baby oooo,cos of cought,sore throat nd other infection,even docs frown at mother kissing dirs babies directly on the lips let alone strangers or family
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 8:30am On May 31, 2015
MGeey:
@joyousf, I bought tommee tippee manual breast pump on konga this month at 6k plus delivery rate of 1k making it 7k.

No need to say price anymore o. Na team dashing we dey ooo.
Been a while,how are you doing?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:36am On May 31, 2015
beedam:

Oga oooo. I dey here dey look for who go dash me things ( pump included) since as I no get money to buy. No wahala o. tongue

@beedam, na lux u dey chop na wa ooo.. me dey jetetmosol and Dudu osun. ...me too want breastpump oo #runsoffb4shecatchesme#... tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 9:24am On May 31, 2015
joyousf:

thanks. I stay in ekiti. brand new...that's so nice of u.

How do I send it down? I'm in Abuja
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 9:27am On May 31, 2015
beedam:

Hahaha, troublesome aunty Beedam, I didn't know you wanted na as you didn't say anything about breast pump.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emdee590(m): 9:28am On May 31, 2015
adebodun2012:

It's better u stop anyone from kissing ur baby oooo,cos of cought,sore throat nd other infection,even docs frown at mother kissing dirs babies directly on the lips let alone strangers or family
Wahala dae be that ooo then the public needs awareness on that if not na so so quarrelling u go dae enta with anybody wey kiss ur baby be that ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 9:30am On May 31, 2015
maran1983:

Hahaha, troublesome aunty Beedam, I didn't know you wanted na as you didn't say anything about breast pump.

Am eating tetmosol too ooo, me too want breastpump ooo...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 9:32am On May 31, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Hahaha, you women are a bunch of clowns. Good for my soul. Have you tried eating dudu osun?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 10:45am On May 31, 2015
maran1983:

Hahaha, you women are a bunch of clowns. Good for my soul. Have you tried eating dudu osun?

Wil go for safeguard instead jare sis, Dudu osun go don get fake make I no go dey purge
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 11:16am On May 31, 2015
kaffy4bill:

@beedam, na lux u dey chop na wa ooo.. me dey jetetmosol and Dudu osun. ...me too want breastpump oo #runsoffb4shecatchesme#... tongue

Infact send ur address,i dey come beat you now now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 11:19am On May 31, 2015
maran1983:

**shaking leg and thinking of the best punishment to give you**

She don answer you. Na Ekiti she day stay. U nko?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 11:21am On May 31, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Warn yourself oooo. Ketu is a stone throw from ojota o.

Make maran1983 mention where she dey live and I'm sure it's not Ekiti. Madam joyousf tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 11:33am On May 31, 2015
beedam:

Warn yourself oooo. Ketu is a stone throw from ojota o.

Make maran1983 mention where she dey live and I'm sure it's not Ekiti. Madam joyousf tongue

U no see say she don reply say na Abuja she dey abi and asking madan joyousf ao to send d pump to her. U dey skip post tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 12:47pm On May 31, 2015
kaffy4bill:

U no see say she don reply say na Abuja she dey abi and asking madan joyousf ao to send d pump to her. U dey skip post tongue

Ekiti is closer sef. I dey come Abj ooooo. Running to the airport now. I gats to get there first ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lorlahbee: 1:37pm On May 31, 2015
pam09:
My Lo is two weeks old today. We started off with formula because my breast wouldn't flow. Then around Friday we started breastfeeding but not eliminating
Congrats, it happened to me too in the early days but my mum advised that I take hot pap with milk as often as possible and I stopped taking cold stuff for a while now she calls me milk factory. Now he's 3 months plus and he has milk in excess sef I wake him up to feed wen I'm full and uncomfortable.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 3:26pm On May 31, 2015
Mamas, at how many months can I stop wearing socks for my baby indoor?
Tx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emdee590(m): 3:54pm On May 31, 2015
Lorlahbee:

Congrats, it happened to me too in the early days but my mum advised that I take hot pap with milk as often as possible and I stopped taking cold stuff for a while now she calls me milk factory. Now he's 3 months plus and he has milk in excess sef I wake him up to feed wen I'm full and uncomfortable.

Hahaha milk factory
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 4:08pm On May 31, 2015
cancerlib:

Hello Desiree , how far with ur tummy, is d result permanent? Mine isn't. Maybe its cos I wasn't lucky with a good cincher, all d three I got were rubbish. Any idea where I cn get a gud one?
TIA

My results are permanent. I wear it all day and to bed also.... I only take it off for a couple of minutes to give myself a break. I got mine from a friend but there are lots of sellers on IG, you should ask other members for reviews before you buy. To be honest, I follow a strictly low carb diet and I don't drink juice or sodas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 4:21pm On May 31, 2015
maran1983:

Leave that double bush woman alone jare. So what other new things are remaining jare because it's as if no hope for the pump anymore.

Kaffy,dont let me see you follow me again come here o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 5:23pm On May 31, 2015
desiree:

My results are permanent. I wear it all day and to bed also.... I only take it off for a couple of minutes to give myself a break. I got mine from a friend but there are lots of sellers on IG, you should ask other members for reviews before you buy. To be honest, I follow a strictly low carb diet and I don't drink juice or sodas.

Pls was it d latex cincher u used
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 6:16pm On May 31, 2015
shndy:

Pls was it d latex cincher u used

Mine is Non Latex. Latex is mostly used for working out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 7:06pm On May 31, 2015
Pls my mamas, how true is this? I use sudocrem mixed with shea butter(ori) to rub on my son's bombom before putting diaper on. My friend's mother told me that its not good to use d sheabutter to rub on male children from d lower abdomen down to their manhood area, that it would make their manhood to be soft as in that it won't be erect. Pls is this true?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 7:51pm On May 31, 2015
maran1983:

How do I send it down? I'm in Abuja

where have I been since and all these mamas dey put their eyes n mouth on that breast pump. abeg no allow them chance me o smiley . I'll get someone to pick it on my behalf. will get back to you asap.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 8:07pm On May 31, 2015
pam09:
Am confused, I don't know if to continue with EBF or go back to formula.
I ve tried so much to boost my breastmilk, I take plenty of fluid, eat everything I can lay my hands on.
Please has anyone experienced this before. I need your advice on the way forward so I don't fall into depression cos I don't find it easy breastfeeding for up to 3uninterru.

maybe you should not totally stop the formula till u can have a very good flow.like others advised try to take hot stuffs: pap.tea.amala n some say pounded yam n eat well .I also started with formula but stopped after one n half week. ideally the more u put your baby to breast the more you should flow. you can also try pumping every two hours or three hours. u can also massage ur chest down to the breasts with something like ori. the idea is just to create warmth n allow milk flow. u can also try tying a wrapper firmly above your breast to create some pressure.

if all these still don't work, just continue with the formula.I believe ur baby will still b healthy n great. most of our mums didn't do ebf.

I wish u d best

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forlahkhe: 11:29pm On May 31, 2015
3 gbosas to d great mamas in d house....una too much! My LO now feeds on frisogold wheat bt av stopped d SMA cos it gives him running stool. Thanks to u all for ur contributions.........my LO now has 2teeth on his lower jaw(I c them wen he lafs)

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forlahkhe: 11:54pm On May 31, 2015
@pam 09, I fink I av som contributions to ur questions. I wl support dt ur pump ur bossom milk into bottle first so u can b sure if ur LO is getting enof. Wen I had my LO then, I wld suck and I would b hearing him swallow bt unfortunately, he was swallowing his saliva. Unknown to me, I was feeding him wt time and weneva I remove his mouth, he would stat crying; later an elderly woman sucked on ma bossom milk supply and alas! NOTHING CAME OUT, dt was on d 3rd day, u can imagine dt my baby was just swallowing his spit for 3days....no wonder he was crying. D woman later put palm oil on my nipple and washed it wt kankan ibile and I started drinking hot pap. As for d emotional aspect, I was down too @ d time bt one of d reasons we av formular feeds is ds, u can giv him both bossom milk n formular feed nd he'l b fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imnuflawal: 12:00am On Jun 01, 2015
Hello mommas in d house, my baby girl is 41 days today, but I stil feel pain around my female core, it was a normal delivery but I had serious episiotomy, d cuts were rily bad cry but I was told it shld be healed in less than 3weeks, I jst hope its normal or do I nid to go back 2 d hospital,in addition av not stopped sit bathing wit dettol, hot water nd salt, pls kindly advise on wt to do cos I feel d strain down below. Expctin a reply to dis

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.