Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430758 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2021
shithapuns:
9month old, doesnt like eating.
he must be forced to eat, and crys a lot.clenches his mouth, turns away his head etc...

we have tried abidec, no changes, doing another brand of multivitamin now, still no changes.
their food is tom brown, sometimes pureed food, blended fruits etc, all with 2nd stage baby milk.
its getting quite tough to feed him now.

he barely eats the 30 ounces daily, specified for his age.food time is 3 to 5 times daily, though average of 3 or 4, because of the struggle to feed him

Forcing babies to eat traumatises them and makes eating hard work for both baby and caregiver.
You need lots of patience to handle this.
First is to find what he likes to eat..at 9 months he can eat the family food. Let him sit with you while you eat and if he shows interest, feed him out of your plate. Another method is to allow him play around and you'd follow him around and feed. Make feeding fun for him again.
Pele

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by purplish(f): 1:15am On Jan 26, 2021
sugah:

As long as the horn fits your areola and your Nipple enters you don't have any problems...the size of the breast doesn't really matter 0

Thanks mama. I would try again tomorrow because it didnt pump the last time I tried and I assumed it was a sizing issue.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 8:13am On Jan 26, 2021
People who have taken 9 months immunisation, is meningitis a free vaccine or private? I am seeing it on my baby's card now and I can't remember how it was for my older child.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omariah(f): 10:10am On Jan 26, 2021
Dozenih:
Good evening house,my son of seven weeks has cradle cap... I have been applying olive oil and coconut oil... I heard using a baby shampoo will also help...Can anyone help me with the name of any baby shampoo for cradle cap and its price? Thanks

Try to apply coconut oil about 2 mins before you bath him. That will soften the spot. Then when bathing the head, you can gently use your finger tips to scrub the head (N;B: not finger nails and gently o). It will start lifting till it's all cleared.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TiffanyJ(f): 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
angeltolly:
People who have taken 9 months immunisation, is meningitis a free vaccine or private? I am seeing it on my baby's card now and I can't remember how it was for my older child.
It is free, ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by VannyDee: 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2021
TopeMel:
Dear Mothers,

My baby(6months plus) tilts his head to the left(ear almost touching his shoulder) sometimes whenever he is sitting down all by himself.
Does anyone know what this is?

Please how did you go about it. I'm having a similar issue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tikkykay: 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hello mamas
Good evening
Please how did you deal with healing of episiotomy stitches?
What and what helped? I am being pressured to sit on hot water which I was advised against at the clinic. The stiches hurt a lot .
Secondly I just noticed blood in my newborn's eye. I plan taking her to see the doc tomorrow. Has anyone experienced this pls?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2021
tikkykay:
Hello mamas
Good evening
What and what helped? I am being pressured to sit on hot water which I was advised against at the clinic. The stiches hurt a lot .
Secondly I just noticed blood in my newborn's eye. I plan taking her to see the doc tomorrow. Has anyone experienced this pls?

Pls don't seat on hot water, as it can loosen your stitches, do only warm water. I think the blood will clear with time but nothing wrong with seeking a doctor's opinion

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:06am On Jan 27, 2021
You can also find bigger medela shields to buy (although I doubt that's the issue). Just fit your nipple in properly, you have the best pump in the market

purplish:

Thanks mama. I would try again tomorrow because it didnt pump the last time I tried and I assumed it was a sizing issue.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by izaray(f): 11:07am On Jan 27, 2021
tikkykay:
Hello mamas
Good evening
The water must not be too hot just warm. Then for ur baby you need not to panic much, the blood will clear off even before her 6weeks. It happens to my son and some people were advising me to put a drop of breast milk on his eyes i refused, and before i knew everything just cleared off on it's own!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Seyibusayo: 11:29am On Jan 27, 2021
tikkykay:
Hello mamas
Good evening
the blood will clear. Don't sit on hot water. It will break your stitches

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2021
TiffanyJ:

It is free, ma
Thanks mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayornmn(f): 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
Hello mamas I have new mamakids baby cot to sell.I got it and my baby refused to sleep alone.She only wants to sleep beside me.Pictures are attached.
28,000 Negotiable.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babyholar(f): 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
Hello sabi mama's, hope we are all enjoying this motherhood journey? I have an imported baby car sit for sell from Brazil, my husband brought this in December but we moved and cant use it again

Its almost new and my baby used it just twice

Well packed and still look new

Babies from 6 months - 5years can use it

Price 15,000 NGN

Pick up location is Alimosho, Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SPDAZZY(f): 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2021
babyholar:
Hello sabi mama's, hope we are all enjoying this motherhood journey? I have an imported baby car sit for sell from Brazil, my husband brought this in December but we moved and cant use it again

Price 15,000 NGN

Can I call you, I am interested
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babyholar(f): 10:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
SPDAZZY:

Can I call you, I am interested

Okay

I just send a message to you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SPDAZZY(f): 8:48am On Jan 29, 2021
babyholar:

Okay

I just send a message to you

Replied you since, no update yet ma. I am waiting
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyD2020(f): 10:01am On Jan 29, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:
Good afternoon we women in the house i have a twin , a boy and a girl

They're 8 months old , the boy is to stubborn and the girls always cry , honestly i gave them everything they wanted and need , but they stress me alot undecided

Right now i can't hold it anymore i really need to discipline dem cus if they grew older they will turn to stubborn children

I jusss need cane i will continue beating them until they concur those babies are so stubborn and stressing me i can't hold it anymore ,

I've been searching for baby torturing machine on jumia but i haven't seen one , so dat the machine can help me beat them , i am a woman dat don't like stress and i am weak also you guys can recommend any machine for me please, their father is in america for business even thr maids are tired cus this baby is so stubborn .

Maam, you cant give up on your kids and I know it's hard. Just continue with them by frowning, feigning to be crying and redirecting them when they are been naughty. That's their age, they think they have arrived. I know there is stress but you have to also find a way to rest a bit and de stress once in a while. As for the maids, they dont have to give up becos that is the stage babies are becoming independent. Wait until they become more mobile. What will you do? It's not easy at all and that is what we signed up for once we agreed to get married. Keep up the awesome work mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyD2020(f): 10:24am On Jan 29, 2021
mayornmn:
Hello mamas I have new mamakids baby cot to sell.I got it and my baby refused to sleep alone.She only wants to sleep beside me.Pictures are attached.
28,000 Negotiable.

pls how much will u give it to me last. Luckily for me, I'm in alimosho
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SILENTandSMART2: 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2021
MummyD2020:

Maam, you cant give up on your kids and I know it's hard. Just continue with them by frowning, feigning to be crying and redirecting them when they are been naughty. That's their age, they think they have arrived. I know there is stress but you have to also find a way to rest a bit and de stress once in a while. As for the maids, they dont have to give up becos that is the stage babies are becoming independent. Wait until they become more mobile. What will you do? It's not easy at all and that is what we signed up for once we agreed to get married. Keep up the awesome work mama

thank you, i really love how you speak , thank you alot ✅
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2021
Good evening, all.
Please I'd like to know what moms here think about Pea.k baby formula, compared to Nan 1, especially if you have used the Pe.ak for your baby.
Baby girl is 3 months plus and finishes a can of Nan in 9-11 days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oxypressPlus: 7:49am On Jan 30, 2021
VannyDee:

Please how did you go about it. I'm having a similar issue

Tilting the head just to one side could be a sign of cerebral palsy.
Did the baby suffer prolonged jaundice or difficult delivery process?
Give us the birth history.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheddyboy01(m): 8:36am On Jan 30, 2021
I love the atmosphere here.

And trust me, the knowledge shared here is worth more than you can imagine

I would be following, I need to arm myself with all these before venturing into marriage

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayornmn(f): 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mama please send a message on whatsapp Zero Eight Zero 5917 four eight 83.
Thank you.
MummyD2020:

pls how much will u give it to me last. Luckily for me, I'm in alimosho
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maingwaest(f): 2:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
Greetings to everyone in the house, my one month old has cataarh , what do I give her to ease it plz? Thanks in advance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by benny2015(f): 2:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
babyholar:

Price 15,000 NGN

Is this still available. I sent you a mail
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 8:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
threegees:
Good evening, all.
Please I'd like to know what moms here think about Pea.k baby formula, compared to Nan 1, especially if you have used the Pe.ak for your baby.

Nan is more preferred for me because peak is sugary. Your baby is a healthy eater

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
maingwaest:
Greetings to everyone in the house, my one month old has cataarh , what do I give her to ease it plz? Thanks in advance.

Is it actual catarrh or she sounds congested? Most times, at this early age, what we think is catarrh, isn’t. Her airways may just be irritated and congested. So, unless u see the boogy coming out of her nose, then it’s not catarrh.

If it’s catarrh, take her to the hospital for proper evaluation and prescription. She’s too young for self medication.

If it’s congestion, then keeping her comfortable while it clears off is key.
- Keep her head elevated during sleep especially at night when congestion seems worse. Don’t put anything directly under her head. Put it under the mattress at the head side.
-Quit rubbing powder on her body. Talcum in powder causes congestion to their tiny airways. Powder generally causes them congestion when inhaled. The downside of powder at this age outweighs the upside.
-Don’t use/wear heavy perfume or body spray within her vicinity.
-Steam her. Carry her and sit with a bowl of steaming water beside u. Cover yourself with a thick towel or big bedspread to trap the steam in for a while.
-Use open window ventilation as opposed to fan or AC. Use AC instead of fan if u must use any. AC air is filtered, fan isn’t. Remember to tone down the temp.

-At this age, they can ONLY breathe through their nose, pay extra attention. Rush to the hospital if you feel she’s really struggling to breathe. Don’t compromise on this.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maingwaest(f): 9:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
amSteph:

Is it actual catarrh or she sounds congested? Most times, at this early age, what we think is catarrh, isn’t. Her airways may just be irritated and congested. So, unless u see the boogy coming out of her nose, then it’s not catarrh.

If it’s catarrh, take her to the hospital for proper evaluation and prescription. She’s too young for self medication.

If it’s congestion, then keeping her comfortable while it clears off is key.
- Keep her head elevated during sleep especially at night when congestion seems worse. Don’t put anything directly under her head. Put it under the mattress at the head side.
-Quit rubbing powder on her body. Talcum in powder causes congestion to their tiny airways. Powder generally causes them congestion when inhaled. The downside of powder at this age outweighs the upside.
-Don’t use/wear heavy perfume of use body spray within her vicinity.
-Steam her. Carry her and sit with a bowl of steaming water beside u. Cover yourself with a thick towel or big bedspread to trap the steam in for a while.
-Use open window ventilation as opposed to fan or AC. Use AC instead of fan if u must use any. AC ait is filtered, fan isn’t. Remember to tone down the temp.

-At this age, they can ONLY breathe through their nose, pay extra attention. Rush to the hospital if you feel she’s really struggling to breathe. Don’t compromise on this.

Thank you so so much ma'am, God bless you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2021
threegees:
Good evening, all.
are u also combining with breast milk becos one can alone last between 3 to 5 days

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 12:20am On Jan 31, 2021
realtalk19:

Nan is more preferred for me because peak is sugary. Your baby is a healthy eater
Wow, okay. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 12:21am On Jan 31, 2021
gassbee:
are u also combining with breast milk becos one can alone last between 3 to 5 days
Yes, I have been combining with breastmilk, and watery millet pap lately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.