Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4405424 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 10:02am On Jun 30, 2015
shndy:

Its a niece of mine, she suddenly fell down inside brt and was rushed to the hospital, this was last week. She was treated n discharged, just on Saturday again she started convulsing, she's still in the hospital now on oxygen. So some old women thr was saying it's Ile tutu say the mama shd Av done the agbo for her since little so as to prevent this from happening. Av bn trying to even find the oyinbo name of d Ile tutu so as to know more about it but seems nobody knows.

Search seizure or convulsion,one of my friend's twins has it nd they kept sayin its ile tutu wen b4 service ends she wld fall 3 times nd we wld pray 4 her 2 come bac 2 life,she falls even while playin,wen they took her 2 national hosp in abj she was askd 2 go 4 MMR nd CT scan wher it ws revealed dt a part of her left brain is damaged,they ar still on it o nd b4 u knw it d girl's right hand stoppd functionin nd d speech is nt clear.pls tell her 2 use a good hosp so dt they wil detect wateva it is on time

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 10:07am On Jun 30, 2015
Megilicious:

Goodevening mothers am Meg, pls am A 1st time writer bt. An always reader of dis forum, pls I av A question to ask, DAT vit c and paracetamol dats being given afta immunisation, ow lng am I to give it 2 her??

Does she run temperature after immu?if nt no need 2 give her drugs,if yes giv her once bt if d temp does nt go down then give every 6 hour bt nt mre dn 4 times in 24 hours.it is well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 10:14am On Jun 30, 2015
shndy:

I used mini-pill (cerazzette) but stopped cos I kept bleeding for days. Unfortunately combination pill is not safe during breastfeeding so I plan getting iud. Y not consult ur doc, he'll know what suits u.

They all av their side effects joo,usd comb 3 nd bled lik anoda thing,then I went 4 implant nd am adding weight,though it seems its settled nowanits been 8 mnths,I also bled 4 2 weeks non stop wen I jst had it bt nw I dnt even see it everi mnth nd am free frm unwantd preg. Though I think body sys differs

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bu: 10:21am On Jun 30, 2015
funkymoi:

I buy from tripple A baby store in Garki market or pharmacare in games village.
For ur baby's hair,I learnt from ds thread to wash dr hair not more than twice a week with baby shampoo,den to apply kiddies conditioner and to be applying shea butter.
Its been working real well for us. My DD's hair dt eela had almost finished is now so full,curly n bouncy.
Thanks to bossladymo,cos she was d one dt gave d advise here. I've been silently learning loads of stuff here for like a year plus now!
God bless y'all mamas!

Thanks dear,I do apply ori but i noticed that her hair is very dry most times and i believe that pouring water on baby's hair makes them sleep better and longer so what happens if i dont wash her hair daily...just confused, @Bosslady please share more light on this.....Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 10:34am On Jun 30, 2015
dunnybaby26:

I ws told nt 2 gv breast milk while pregnant though I dnt knw d implication bt pls ask ur doc.if u use a gud milk sha.abt d career hunnnnnnnn,I had plans too as I gt married immediately after my youth service bt God proposes nd God disposes.d 2nd is 18 mnths nw nd startin skul in sept so I cn go ahead wit ma plans,dnt worry b4 u knw it d child will be born nd grow fast so u cn go ahead.its a sacrifice

Thanks mama. I saw my doctor on Saturday and I was told I can continue breastfeeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritayoung(f): 10:50am On Jun 30, 2015
Pls is it ok if I use sido cream all over my baby body she is 3weeks + 4days ? And pls wot can I use to clean my baby tougue cus is very whitish due to bf,kindly advise am a FTM,tnx mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 11:25am On Jun 30, 2015
bu:

Thanks dear,I do apply ori but i noticed that her hair is very dry most times and i believe that pouring water on baby's hair makes them sleep better and longer so what happens if i dont wash her hair daily...just confused, @Bosslady please share more light on this.....Thanks

Washing the hair everyday dries out the hair....that's prolly why you can notice her hair being dry. Babies dont fix weavon, apply hair spray, serum and all those other things that make the hair dirty. Ori and olive oil are both natural....and almost everything is absorbed....so there is no waste residue.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bu: 11:47am On Jun 30, 2015
bossladymo1:

Washing the hair everyday dries out the hair....that's prolly why you can notice her hair being dry. Babies dont fix weavon, apply hair spray, serum and all those other things that make the hair dirty. Ori and olive oil are both natural....and almost everything is absorbed....so there is no waste residue.

Thanks mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tobiaboG: 11:50am On Jun 30, 2015
[quote author=ritayoung post=35315251] U can use d cream 4 rashes & sheabutter 4 evryday use. U can use thorax glycerin(mouth wash)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamacajah: 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
bossladymo1:

pls enlighten me. so if i am bathing my baby, i should not use soap on her hair. i have been bathing her with duduosun and using ori for her from head to toe. please what is the name of the kiddies conditioner and the hair shampoo. her hair has started growing back and i really want it to be full and fluffy. wink grin kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyverere(f): 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
SweetDinma:
Hello mamas in the house, one woman said that my 2months old daughter is not strong enough(dont understand what she means by that), that i should have been giving her Abidek.
My LO is on EBF and my doctor told me not to give her any drug, I dont know what to do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Ftm with tons of questions please senior mamas, no vex.
First is please which shampoo can be used and do i have to do all of the hair special care for my son, although I plan to do afro for him till he is 1 cos he is very hairy.
Second is I noticed some rashes on my son's face, I felt it can't be heat rashes cos its only on his face and that's the part of his body that is never covered. I feel it's a reaction but I don't know to what, he uses coconut oil as cream and Johnson soap to bathe.
Lastly, please which family method has the lesser side effect?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyverere(f): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
Well, she is still small na. But I did give my baby 7 seas codliver oil, em vit c, afraab vite daily frm birth till now. Don't intend to stop until she is 3yrs old. And boy is she as strong as a horse. Never had a fever since birth and only a mild incidence of cold since birth. Bt it cud jus b her own constitution. All babies r different.Anyway, my doc gave me these wen we were leaving d hospital after birth. Don't know abt urs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritayoung(f): 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
[quote author=tobiaboG post=35317513][/quote]Tnx alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumijay(f): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
Are u worried about ur baby bn a picky eater or do u want a healthy and chubby baby? Worry no more sweet mums., gt our nourishing SOYAMAIZE and thank me later., its fortified wt minerals and vitamins.its also nafdac approved..call or whatsapp 07030855815
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamacajah: 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
ladyverere:
Well, she is still small na. But I did give my baby 7 seas codliver oil, em vit c, afraab vite daily frm birth till now. Don't intend to stop until she is 3yrs old. And boy is she as strong as a horse. Never had a fever since birth and only a mild incidence of cold since birth. Bt it cud jus b her own constitution. All babies r different.Anyway, my doc gave me these wen we were leaving d hospital after birth. Don't know abt urs.

Really? pls could you paste a picture of the cod liver oil and what is afraab vite?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumijay(f): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Call or whatsapp 07030855815

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
dunnybaby26:

Search seizure or convulsion,one of my friend's twins has it nd they kept sayin its ile tutu wen b4 service ends she wld fall 3 times nd we wld pray 4 her 2 come bac 2 life,she falls even while playin,wen they took her 2 national hosp in abj she was askd 2 go 4 MMR nd CT scan wher it ws revealed dt a part of her left brain is damaged,they ar still on it o nd b4 u knw it d girl's right hand stoppd functionin nd d speech is nt clear.pls tell her 2 use a good hosp so dt they wil detect wateva it is on time
Wow dat serious. TX ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyverere(f): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
mamacajah:

Really? pls could you paste a picture of the cod liver oil and what is afraab vite?
here is d pic. Sorry it took so late.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyverere(f): 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
I'll do dat wen I get home. Afraab is a brand name. So too is Em. Vite is multivitamine. I use Afraab vite till she hit d 5th month den I switched to Em vite wt increased dosage. 7 seas cod liver oil is vit A and D, omega 3 and iron. All of wich ur growing baby needs and can't do without. My nephews and neices all take it even nw and d babies in our family r known to b strong health-wise. I'll send U d pics as soon as I gt home.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 5:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
dunnybaby26:

They all av their side effects joo,usd comb 3 nd bled lik anoda thing,then I went 4 implant nd am adding weight,though it seems its settled nowanits been 8 mnths,I also bled 4 2 weeks non stop wen I jst had it bt nw I dnt even see it everi mnth nd am free frm unwantd preg. Though I think body sys differs
Different strokes lol.....i had no problem on combi
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
pam09:

It's preferable to use cup and spoon also you add milk in powder form to the already prepared pap. Also it shouldn't be too thick so it would be easy for your Lo to swallow.
Sorry for disturbing u, pls what's the ratio of pap to milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyverere(f): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
shndy:

Sorry for disturbing u, pls what's the ratio of pap to milk
I use a feeding bottle wt spoon attached. Its neater dan a cup. I first put in a little water den add milk b4 d pap. Nw as 4 d ratio dat depends on U and ur baby. I use a couple of scoops to 200/240ml of pap in a feeder. Anytin more hardens my baby's stool to d point dat she grunts and cries wen trying to poop.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyverere(f): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
ritayoung:
Pls is it ok if I use sido cream all over my baby body she is 3weeks + 4days ? And pls wot can I use to clean my baby tougue cus is very whitish due to bf,kindly advise am a FTM,tnx mamas
Y do U want to use sudocream all over her body? Wat happened to agnesia powder?as 4 cleaning d tongue, dissolve a tiny bit of alum in warm water deep in a small face towel/burp cloth clean wt dis by inserting ur index finger into her mouth. Do dis every morning wen U r abt bathing her. Bt stop d alum once her tongue is clean and pink again. Jus use plane water and d burp cloth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 11:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
mamacajah:

pls enlighten me. so if i am bathing my baby, i should not use soap on her hair. i have been bathing her with duduosun and using ori for her from head to toe. please what is the name of the kiddies conditioner and the hair shampoo. her hair has started growing back and i really want it to be full and fluffy. wink grin kiss

How old is your baby? How do you prevent the Dudu Osun soap from entering her eyes?

You can get any good kiddies conditioner....check any supermarket or store around you. Then get a seperate kiddies shampoo, cos some are a combo of shampoo and conditioner.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 01, 2015
My LOs hair is very hard hence it's usually a problem to comb it for her after bath since iv been doin the once a week washing (I use sebamed shampoo and Johnson conditioner). Pls what do I do. Thank u. Cc bossladymo1
bossladymo1:

How old is your baby? How do you prevent the Dudu Osun soap from entering her eyes?

You can get any good kiddies conditioner....check any supermarket or store around you. Then get a seperate kiddies shampoo, cos some are a combo of shampoo and conditioner.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 4:15am On Jul 01, 2015
mimzy:
My LOs hair is very hard hence it's usually a problem to comb it for her after bath since iv been doin the once a week washing (I use sebamed shampoo and Johnson conditioner). Pls what do I do. Thank u. Cc bossladymo1

Get a spray bottle. Mix water and olive oil/coconut oil/or any other natural hair oil in it. Then spritz the hair lightly.

If you don't have a spray bottle, just mix olive oil/coconut oil/or any other natural oil you have, with a bit of water, and rub on the hair.

Wait for about 3-5mins, then comb. The ratio of the oil-water should be 70:30. This will soften the hair.

Also....Johnson products are not really good on African skin, so I would assume their hair producta wont be any better. If you can get any other product, you should change. The Sebamed shampoo is a very good choice though. It is soap and alkali free.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2015
ladyverere:
I use a feeding bottle wt spoon attached. Its neater dan a cup. I first put in a little water den add milk b4 d pap. Nw as 4 d ratio dat depends on U and ur baby. I use a couple of scoops to 200/240ml of pap in a feeder. Anytin more hardens my baby's stool to d point dat she grunts and cries wen trying to poop.
Ok ma thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2015
Tanks soooo much for answering me. U mums must kip it up, am soo happy being here am a young mum so I normally seek advise frm internet and most of d things av learnt are frm dis forum sef. Tnks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamacajah: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2015
bossladymo1:

She's 7.5 months. thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamacajah: 9:16am On Jul 01, 2015
ladyverere:
I'll do dat wen I get home. Afraab is a brand name. So too is Em. Vite is multivitamine. I use Afraab vite till she hit d 5th month den I switched to Em vite wt increased dosage. 7 seas cod liver oil is vit A and D, omega 3 and iron. All of wich ur growing baby needs and can't do without. My nephews and neices all take it even nw and d babies in our family r known to b strong health-wise. I'll send U d pics as soon as I gt home.

Wow! I feel so bad now. I have taking her to the clinic and not once have I been told to give her anything. all the while she's been having cough, catarrah and temp, they said it was viral infection and kept giving me prition, vitamin C and calpol. Please this 7 seas cod liver oil is for babies right? she is 7.5 months old. is there any other drug i should be giving her? A FTM here, apologies for the questions oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.