Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397152 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2503) (2504) (2505) (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 15, 2023
eben97:
Good Morning Daddies and mumies here.Our baby is 6months plus,a baby boy.My major matter ;he seldomes sleep long, his sleep is max 30minuts and he's already awake.(2) he eats a lot oo!! Thank God my spouse is a bit chubby,else this young man would have dropped down terribly, her shape and size.He sucks alot,we just concluded our EXCLUSIVE LAST MONTH,and already trying out our dark grain(the Fulani type which is the best for kids),but he hardly takes it ,one will have to bring up al the rhymes he or she learnt at pry school before small uncle sips a little amount of the pap.Abeg,what are your advice, I need to him to start sleeping like normal human beings in Africa ooo!my spouse too also need go old sleep .Had to leave one BRM for them to the other room when night vigil became too bearing on me despite I am a clergy my self.How do we get him to start taking the pap well ?? Do we start ADDING HONEY /GLUCOSE ? HOW DE REDUCE D BREAK MILK 24HRS EATING ??
Good Afternoon.

Try to establish a routine before sleep time for,example a warm bath plus baby massage then story time and a cuddle.Baby will get used to it but if you do different things each time they tend to get confused.

Also after the meal do you burb till you hear gas escape?.I only ask as you said he eats plenty it can be quite uncomfortable and then he cannot sleep.

I do not know how normal human beings sleep but i can advise that you do not give your baby honey till they turn one year old.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florblu(f): 2:03pm On May 16, 2023
Good afternoon everyone,

Please when can a baby start using a walker?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eben97: 6:00pm On May 16, 2023
Tutu82:

Good Afternoon.

Try to establish a routine before sleep time for,example a warm bath plus baby massage then story time and a cuddle.Baby will get used to it but if you do different things each time they tend to get confused.

Also after the meal do you burb till you hear gas escape?.I only ask as you said he eats plenty it can be quite uncomfortable and then he cannot sleep.

I do not know how normal human beings sleep but i can advise that you do not give your baby honey till they turn one year old.
thank you ma'am.first paragraph well understood.will try lecture madam over that .quite surprised that the kids too understand patterns and time table !!. On 2nd paragraph,we notice he eats very little at a time and this can suck intermittently.He hardly sucks for long,(I also noticed the father too does same ,my eating habit hmm..I can't sit down to eat a load at once no matter how hungry I am, I would have to stop by a little and return back to meals again). Thirdly ,his sleep is quite short , say 25-30mins max, and bro wakes up to meal.For days now he doesn't take afternoon naps, he stays wide alert , disturbing the mum to the extent she can't even have time to cook or wash(if there are no helps at home ). I lend helping hands in babysiting as I am a bit good in that area whenever I am at home and sometimes do some men's kinda cooking before going to work,He is just very active and his sleep is quite short ,these are my areas of concern.How can the mum solve this puzzles ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 16, 2023
eben97:
thank you ma'am.first paragraph well understood.will try lecture madam over that .quite surprised that the kids too understand patterns and time table !!. On 2nd paragraph,we notice he eats very little at a time and this can suck intermittently.He hardly sucks for long,(I also noticed the father too does same ,my eating habit hmm..I can't sit down to eat a load at once no matter how hungry I am, I would have to stop by a little and return back to meals again). Thirdly ,his sleep is quite short , say 25-30mins max, and bro wakes up to meal.For days now he doesn't take afternoon naps, he stays wide alert , disturbing the mum to the extent she can't even have time to cook or wash(if there are no helps at home ). I lend helping hands in babysiting as I am a bit good in that area whenever I am at home and sometimes do some men's kinda cooking before going to work,He is just very active and his sleep is quite short ,these are my areas of concern.How can the mum solve this puzzles ?
Yep kids understand patterns and time table and the sooner you start the sooner you can rest.

Be happy he is active that is a good thing.
Well done daddy,and you are co parenting too not “helping” as the child belongs to you both.

There really is no magic formula and the puzzle does not have a solution just a bit of tips here and there to help.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eben97: 7:05pm On May 16, 2023
Tutu82:

Yep kids understand patterns and time table and the sooner you start the sooner you can rest.

Be happy he is active that is a good thing.
Well done daddy,and you are co parenting too not “helping” as the child belongs to you both.

There really is no magic formula and the puzzle does not have a solution just a bit of tips here and there to help.
okay ma'am, it's not been easy sha , carrying your baby and singing all the church songs I know for him to sleep or even take the pap from the feeding bottle !!hmmm... Good experience and funny at the same time(considering my office )but Sha na we two do the job so I see this as an opportunity to bond, be a better husband and father too.Boy is just too hyper active ...his parents lineage are military so I am not surprised.Thank you for the response.mungode dayewa .

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 16, 2023
eben97:
okay ma'am, it's not been easy sha , carrying your baby and singing all the church songs I know for him to sleep or even take the pap from the feeding bottle !!hmmm... Good experience and funny at the same time(considering my office )but Sha na we two do the job so I see this as an opportunity to bond, be a better husband and father too.Boy is just too hyper active ...his parents lineage are military so I am not surprised.Thank you for the response.mungode dayewa .

You have said it all.

When you sing all the church songs and run out add your tribal songs plus nursery rhymes from when you were in School.

Raising a child is no joke and am proud of you,mum must be too.

Is there a relative to help besides yourself?.You sound a tad stressed especially when you said considering my office.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eben97: 7:23pm On May 16, 2023
Tutu82:

You have said it all.

When you sing all the church songs and run out add your tribal songs plus nursery rhymes from when you were in School.

Raising a child is no joke and am proud of you,mum must be too.

Is there a relative to help besides we yourself?.You sound a tad stressed especially when you said considering my office.
we. Are strangers here ,work transfer things ,the culture of the people sef no too match ours ,big daughter goes to school to return back eve hrs but by the time she's back. Mama is already very stressed up.i really pity my love o, I really respect women with what she's going Tru under the stables of this small general !! The boy strength too much, so we both just run shifts ,I just have to join hands with her before the small general makes his mum my hard earned wife runs mad !! I can't be running around to go look for another wife oo, I know what I went through to get this fine one.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eben97: 7:25pm On May 16, 2023
I have also told her, with the way he is been monitored like this at 7montjs , that means by the time he starts crawling, WE WOULD BE NEEDING TWO MOBILE POLIVW MWN (MOPOL)TO ALWAYS BE AT ALERT OVER HIM 😆

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bennytwin: 8:02am On May 17, 2023
Hauwi:

What’s PEP please?
I’m looking to get nice clothes for my baby girl

PEP is a store,mostly for children's clothes. I think I have seen one along Allen avenue in Ikeja last time I was there. There is also one in Enugu ShopRite. I think there are many PEP stores. Just ask around.
You can also try online jumia,you can see some unique stuffs for your girl. If you are using jumia,always check the size chart,it will show you how they grade the sizes based on weight,then you can compare with the size of the cloth available at the moment,then you can step up a bit on the size so your little one can wear it for longer.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bennytwin: 8:08am On May 17, 2023
eben97:
we. Are strangers here ,work transfer things ,the culture of the people sef no too match ours ,big daughter goes to school to return back eve hrs but by the time she's back. Mama is already very stressed up.i really pity my love o, I really respect women with what she's going Tru under the stables of this small general !! The boy strength too much, so we both just run shifts ,I just have to join hands with her before the small general makes his mum my hard earned wife runs mad !! I can't be running around to go look for another wife oo, I know what I went through to get this fine one.

Kudos to you. Keep helping your darling wife.

Try this, whenever he seems sleepy,keep him flat on his tummy. Babies sleep a little longer on their tummy than their back.

Also,stop using a bottle to feed him pap,try and switch to a cup and spoon; measure his normal milk volume,add milk or whatever you want him to drink the pap with,then add little pap to the made mixture so that the pap is flowing,not very thick,give him with spoon. After 30mins,give him water.
Allow him to play or rest,then rock him to sleep. Babies tend to sleep more on very full stomach.
I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eben97: 9:38am On May 17, 2023
Bennytwin:

Kudos to you. Keep helping your darling wife.

Try this, whenever he seems sleepy,keep him flat on his tummy. Babies sleep a little longer on their tummy than their back.

Also,stop using a bottle to feed him pap,try and switch to a cup and spoon; measure his normal milk volume,add milk or whatever you want him to drink the pap with,then add little pap to the made mixture so that the pap is flowing,not very thick,give him with spoon. After 30mins,give him water.
Allow him to play or rest,then rock him to sleep. Babies tend to sleep more on very full stomach.
I hope this helps.
good morning and thank you so much.i shall try some of this techniques ,sure they will do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzwealthy: 9:48pm On May 17, 2023
Good evening mama's. Pls what is d remedy for a picky toddler. My baby is 19months old and she doesnot eat a lot of things for her age. She has teeth,can say some little words. .my tired is tired I ve tried almost everything she is hardly eat anytin aside rice. So we tend to give her rice round d clock. But am really worried as one of our family friend child of 2years also had high sugar. And am also concerned dat with just her eating majorly rice she would not be getting are required nutrient. Ps. I give her appetite booster but with dat sef she hardly eats. Pls any suggestion would be appreciated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by he2nuh(f): 1:24am On May 18, 2023
Hello mom's
My baby is a year old,she has been running temperature for days now,I started with drugs to relieve all in the name that it's teething but it didn't suppress, i later went to the hospital she has been treated too but its still same..I dnt really know what to think cause all I know is teething might cause it but
Please I need suggestions and help as to what might be the cause and what to use
Please and please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DoveofPeace(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2023
Good morning Dear Dads & Mums, pls my little Son will be 5months by God's grace on May 26.

So, do will still have to continue his Nan one by then or will should switch to Nan 2, he's been taking Nan one together with breastfeeding as at two months old or thereabout?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 12:05pm On May 18, 2023
DoveofPeace:
Good morning Dear Dads & Mums, pls my little Son will be 5months by God's grace on May 26.

So, do will still have to continue his Nan one by then or will should switch to Nan 2, he's been taking Nan one together with breastfeeding as at two months old or thereabout?

Nan2 is from 6months. That is june 26
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DoveofPeace(m): 2:43pm On May 18, 2023
sugarcoatted:

Nan2 is from 6months. That is june 26

Thanks ma'am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hauwi(f): 10:46pm On May 19, 2023
Bennytwin:

PEP is a store,mostly for children's clothes. I think I have seen one along Allen avenue in Ikeja last time I was there. There is also one in Enugu ShopRite. I think there are many PEP stores. Just ask around.
You can also try online jumia,you can see some unique stuffs for your girl. If you are using jumia,always check the size chart,it will show you how they grade the sizes based on weight,then you can compare with the size of the cloth available at the moment,then you can step up a bit on the size so your little one can wear it for longer.

Thanks for this ma’am
I’ll try jumia
It’s the easier option for me now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluwasemiloba(f): 12:48pm On May 25, 2023
Please what can I do to lactate more? I think my baby is not getting enough milk. Suggestions please. ..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:18am On May 26, 2023
Hauwi:

Thanks for this ma’am
I’ll try jumia
It’s the easier option for me now
The issue with Jumia and most online stores is what you see is not always what you get especially garment textures.
Whereabouts are you based and how old is your little girl now?.
Maybe go into your local market and have a walk around,you are bound to find something.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hauwi(f): 12:34pm On May 26, 2023
Hello mamas. So my baby has this rash on her back and legs. This was initially rashes on her skin and after using sudocream the rash turned to this white patches. What can I use to fade this please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hauwi(f): 12:36pm On May 26, 2023
Tutu82:

The issue with Jumia and most online stores is what you see is not always what you get especially garment textures.
Whereabouts are you based and how old is your little girl now?.
Maybe go into your local market and have a walk around,you are bound to find something.

Yeah you are right.. I’ve had to return some items I got from jumia before. I’ll go to the market myself then. Thank you ma’am

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabulousfay(f): 9:31pm On May 26, 2023
Please where in Delta state
Cibel59:

Yes, it is! Here in Delta
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabulousfay(f): 9:41pm On May 26, 2023
Hope you have taken him to the hospital?
Senioreddy:
Good evening dear fam.
I have a two years old son. He recently celebrated his two years birthday. Just this evening I and my wife noticed that his testicles and scrotum is swollen. It was my mother
Inlaw who first noticed it then but it wasn't this big as at then.
He doesn't really feel any pains.
What could possibly be the issue here and what's the possible solution.

Please I need your advice.

Thank you.

Copied
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cibel59(f): 7:15pm On May 29, 2023
fabulousfay:
Please where in Delta state

Sapele, general hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omobithousand(f): 3:09pm On May 30, 2023
Hello mamas..... please can I add Aptamil to my baby's pap cos I think only the formula is not enough for her anymore

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 30, 2023
Omobithousand:
Hello mamas..... please can I add Aptamil to my baby's pap cos I think only the formula is not enough for her anymore

Yes you can.Perhaps baby is ready to start weaning too you can try mashed potatoes mixed with the milk like a pudding which is more filling.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StarryV(f): 9:44am On May 31, 2023
Good Morning Mamas and Papas. Please at what age can we start brushing our baby's teeth. My baby started teething at 4 months. He's currently 9 months old and has about 8 and half teeth. We've gradually started introducing solid foods. When can we start brushing those teeth abeg grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 31, 2023
StarryV:
Good Morning Mamas and Papas. Please at what age can we start brushing our baby's teeth. My baby started teething at 4 months. He's currently 9 months old and has about 8 and half teeth. We've gradually started introducing solid foods. When can we start brushing those teeth abeg grin

Hi Mum you should start by 6months.
I use Johnson,s baby oral cleaner for ages 0-3 but with warm water not toothpaste as most start from ages 1year old.
There are other baby brushes and silicon finger soft brush like the ones Dr brown and chicco make.
If you cannot find buy some gauze at your pharmacy and wrap round your finger and dip in warm water,then gently rub babies gums and teeth.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babateey7018: 10:59am On Jun 01, 2023
Anelogix is a distribution company that deals with all consumer package goods / household product.

Such as: Baby Diapers , Tissue paper roll , Detergents , Toothpaste etc.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Brooke60(f): 11:37am On Jun 01, 2023
Oluwasemiloba:
Please what can I do to lactate more? I think my baby is not getting enough milk. Suggestions please. ..
I don't know if it is late but I suggest you take TIGERNUT in any form! Make milk out of it, eat it raw like that or the powereded form. Just take enough Tigernut, you will see massive difference

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamfertile(f): 9:39am On Jun 02, 2023
Good morning ma, my baby (she'll be in months old on 3th) has not poop since 4days ago. I dip Rob in her anus 3days ago so she later poop at night. Since then till now she hasn't poop again. She's feeding exclusively & actively sucking.
Pls is it normal? Have anyone experienced it? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 10:05am On Jun 02, 2023
iamfertile:
Good morning ma, my baby (she'll be in months old on 3th) has not poop since 4days ago. I dip Rob in her anus 3days ago so she later poop at night. Since then till now she hasn't poop again. She's feeding exclusively & actively sucking.
Pls is it normal? Have anyone experienced it? Thanks

Rob kwa!!!. Sorry ma if i might sound offensive but some of the things you have been posting that you administered to your child seems very odd. I hope you dont end up harming that innocent baby.

Exclusively breastfed babies can go several days without pooping. Its totally normal

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2503) (2504) (2505) (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.