Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400136 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2505) (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Howyeh(f): 10:23am On Jun 19, 2023
Ay92:
Please help o, my 6 months old baby girl is screaming uncontrollably for no reason. It's not that she's crying o, just screaming. What could be the reason (s) please?
She's be fine mama..
I don't know how true, but Yorubas attribute that kind of uncontrollable screaming in babies to teething preparation.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ay92(m): 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2023
Howyeh:

She's be fine mama..
I don't know how true, but Yorubas attribute that kind of uncontrollable screaming in babies to teething preparation.
Oh ok o, thanks

PS: it's daddy o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Howyeh(f): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ay92:

Oh ok o, thanks

PS: it's daddy o
grin it's alright, well-done daddy!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ay92(m): 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
Howyeh:

grin it's alright, well-done daddy!
E ṣe púpò
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Teema4720(f): 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
Good day mamas, I don port oh... Baby is 3weeks old. Pls help with suggestions... I was given 3months before I can resume work, I was thinking I could get a day care to register my baby close to my work place so I can visit and breastfeed during break periods, but where I work is a bit far from my house (two vehicles before I can get to work) can a three months old baby withstand the cold as I don't have a car yet? If I register him in my children's school that means I can only see baby by 5pm when I return, or can I get someone, a mature lady, that will nurse him at home for me until he is Abt 6month? I have a maid of Abt 20yrs but I am not comfortable leaving him with her cos I don't think she can care for him in my absence. I am really confused.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
Teema4720:
Good day mamas, I don port oh... Baby is 3weeks old. Pls help with suggestions... I was given 3months before I can resume work, I was thinking I could get a day care to register my baby close to my work place so I can visit and breastfeed during break periods, but where I work is a bit far from my house (two vehicles before I can get to work) can a three months old baby withstand the cold as I don't have a car yet? If I register him in my children's school that means I can only see baby by 5pm when I return, or can I get someone, a mature lady, that will nurse him at home for me until he is Abt 6month? I have a maid of Abt 20yrs but I am not comfortable leaving him with her cos I don't think she can care for him in my absence. I am really confused.
Biko don't leave your baby with someone to nurse at home o, God forbids coming back and not meeting the person shocked..

When you resume work, dress your baby well, wrap him properly and take him to work or any daycare close to your office. If there's none, Register him in your children's school. Ensure you have milk expressed and frozen in large quantities before then so that he can continue on breastmilk. All you need do is give the nanny instructions on how you want your baby to be taken care of

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by canaryy: 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2023
Toylove:
Good day big mummys, my baby just clocked 6 month with exclusive breastfeeding, we introduced formula to her yesterday, she takes it but vomits it after sometimes, is it normal?
dis means she has acid reflex... Get a formula that work against acid reflex.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Toylove: 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
kokaiye:
dis means she has acid reflex... Get a formula that work against acid reflex.
Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Teema4720(f): 9:01am On Jun 20, 2023
Omakraid:

Biko don't leave your baby with someone to nurse at home o, God forbids coming back and not meeting the person shocked..

When you resume work, dress your baby well, wrap him properly and take him to work or any daycare close to your office. If there's none, Register him in your children's school. Ensure you have milk expressed and frozen in large quantities before then so that he can continue on breastmilk. All you need do is give the nanny instructions on how you want your baby to be taken care of
Thanks ma...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Uririandme: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
Omakraid:

All you need do is give the nanny instructions on how you want your baby to be taken care of

Hello teamie,
How's your princess doing? I greet thee.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
Uririandme:

Hello teamie,
How's your princess doing? I greet thee.
Mama, how have you and LO been? You left us without updates again. Princess is fine oo, she's a biggie now grin, how's yours?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Uririandme: 9:54am On Jun 21, 2023
Omakraid:

Mama, how have you and LO been? You left us without updates again. Princess is fine oo, she's a biggie now grin, how's yours?

We've bn very fine dear. Sorry for disappearing grin
I ported quite early to April plus phone issues, so I just hid quietly in my corner. Same hereooo, already a biggie n cute. A beauty to behold grin
May God continue to preserve and watch over them for us all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:03am On Jun 22, 2023
Uririandme:

We've bn very fine dear. Sorry for disappearing grin
I ported quite early to April plus phone issues, so I just hid quietly in my corner. Same hereooo, already a biggie n cute. A beauty to behold grin
May God continue to preserve and watch over them for us all.
Amen ma, good to hear from you again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by abawoman: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
Good evening mamas. Please how can I stop night breastfeeding? Do I give only water or formula during night feeds? What age can tea be given to babies?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JaneyJaney: 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
Good evening everyone. Please can anyone tell me which hospital to go to around Ogba/Ikeja/Agege for a mammogram.

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keeky08: 12:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello mamas, it’s been a while here. My DD is 2 now and I’m pregnant for my second. I’ve been trying to potty train her since last week and she seemed to be getting it but today we’re back to square 1.

I’ve been using the gentle parenting technique but it’s not working, please I just want to know if it’s possible to successfully potty train a child without some screaming and spanking as I don’t want to resort to that. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LUGBE: 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2023
Yes, you can stop night breastfeeding depending the age of a baby and an option or alternative to the breast milk. Formula, pap or any other food can substitute but must not be only water depends also the age. Tea can be added at 1 year though some give earlier but very small.( You can also read why 1 year is recommended.

abawoman:
Good evening mamas. Please how can I stop night breastfeeding? Do I give only water or formula during night feeds? What age can tea be given to babies?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Brooke60(f): 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ay92:
Please help o, my 6 months old baby girl is screaming uncontrollably for no reason. It's not that she's crying o, just screaming. What could be the reason (s) please?
grin grin grin grin grin

Same with my baby oo. I was asking her if all is well grin. She can Blab for Africa sha so I just get used to it. Six months with 2 teeth already.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Brooke60(f): 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
Teema4720:
We are in the same category.

I tried it taking my baby to the Cretche close to my office for one week but it did not suit me as I feel guilty taking my baby with me jumping yellow bus upadan Lagos (Berger to Surulere everyday). I had to look for one Cretche around my house and my mum (who is not healthy enough to take care of her alone) takes her to Cretch & stay with her there till I come back.

So, I will suggest your maid to take your baby to Cretche (follow up with calls), stay with your baby and then you guys go home together. My baby was exclusively breastfed for 6 months too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StarryV(f): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2023
Good afternoon sweet Mama's/papas.
This my question might be funny sha but I sincerely want to know.

What and what should a baby of 10 months be eating please. Lemme know if I'm on the wrong track. When are we supposed to stop feeding babies with pap?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ay92(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2023
Brooke60:
grin grin grin grin grin

Same with my baby oo. I was asking her if all is well grin. She can Blab for Africa sha so I just get used to it. Six months with 2 teeth already.
My baby hasn't grown any tooth yet o.
She has minimized the screaming also
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LUGBE: 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
You have to seriously choose 3 methods which you have listed 2(screaming and spanking). The 3rd one is to continue and resort to diaper.

Motherhood is a serious business and children will always be one, is our duty to train them using any language they understand better. We need to sacrifice some comfort to get things done.

Keeky08:
Hello mamas, it’s been a while here. My DD is 2 now and I’m pregnant for my second. I’ve been trying to potty train her since last week and she seemed to be getting it but today we’re back to square 1.

I’ve been using the gentle parenting technique but it’s not working, please I just want to know if it’s possible to successfully potty train a child without some screaming and spanking as I don’t want to resort to that. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Vikkiboi(m): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2023
hello everyone,

is there a thread for food you can start from 6months here?

someone should paste the link or help out with what we can start giving a 6month baby

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2023
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
Vikkiboi:
hello everyone,

is there a thread for food you can start from 6months here?

someone should paste the link or help out with what we can start giving a 6month baby

https://www.nairaland.com/4758545/baby-foods-recipes-weaning-solids

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ijeomaokonkwo: 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hello everyone please i have cows milk allergy formula and lactose free formula from UK at clearance price. Only 3 left. SMA, Apitamil and Alfamino
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nmamez(f): 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2023
Good day mamas. Please how can I remove the dandruff- like scales on my 11 months baby's head? It was whitish before like dandruff, but now it's dark in colour.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keeky08: 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
If you’ve been feeding your baby only pap, you need to introduce other foods quickly before they get used to only pap and find it difficult to accept other foods.

For me, I never gave my child pap. From 6 months, I started giving her single purées like banana, green peas, oat, rice, avocado, carrot, sweet potato, apples, etc. At 7 months, I started combining 2-3 foods in purées like avocado & banana, sweet potato & fish, oatmeal and peanut butter an also introduced other fruits and foods like yogurt, pineapple, strawberry, pawpaw, plantain, etc.

By 9 months, she was eating normal food with us including swallow, except that it’s mashed for easy swallowing but not puréed. By the time she clocked 1, she was a pro in eating anything and everything.

StarryV:
Good afternoon sweet Mama's/papas.
This my question might be funny sha but I sincerely want to know.

What and what should a baby of 10 months be eating please. Lemme know if I'm on the wrong track. When are we supposed to stop feeding babies with pap?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2505) (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.