Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404624 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2015
Pls mammas how can u make ur baby to swallow his food. My Prince is 7months old and has bein feeding well since he was 4months nw he has refused his cereals, pap and even adult food he only wants to suck. I try to force feed him but he'll store the food in his mouth and refuse to swallow even well his very hungry. Pls any advice?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2015
Abibaby:
GUDMORNI MAMAS IN D HOUSE@MYTESTIMONY HW IS MY ANGEL.PLS MAMAS I VE A BABY OF THREE MONTHS PLUS ND AM YET TO START MENSTRATING,IS IT NORMAL

My Prince is over 7 months and no show for me too. I'll say u ve notin to worry abt only be extra careful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 8:02am On Jul 25, 2015
mytestimony:
Ok so water should not be given to a baby less than 6 months. How do mothers giving cereals below 6 months manage? Please I need answers

When a baby start to take solids or semi solids either @ 4 months or 6 months, he has to be given water. Mothers who do not give water before 6 months feed their babies bweastmilk or formula only for 6 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 8:06am On Jul 25, 2015
CharmyBliz:
Pls mammas how can u make ur baby to swallow his food. My Prince is 7months old and has bein feeding well since he was 4months nw he has refused his cereals, pap and even adult food he only wants to suck. I try to force feed him but he'll store the food in his mouth and refuse to swallow even well his very hungry. Pls any advice?

If possible, pls change his current set of food. Try out some other food options and gradually re-introduce his current meals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 8:13am On Jul 25, 2015
lamdec:
Hello all mamas in the house, how is our LOs doing. Please I noticed for the past two or three days that my son started grunting and squirming when he sleeps. Sometimes he wakes up and I have to pacify him to sleep again. I don't know if it's too much gas, and I have no idea what drug to use, some say gripe water, I heard it's not advisable to give babies gripe water. He is 25days old and he poos and burps.well, he is both breastfeeding and formula feed. I don't know what to do, is there any thing I can give him to reduce his grunting.

He will outgrow this with time. Some babies do it till 1 year. It's nothing to worry about. My baby would sometimes cry, smile or even laugh out in his sleep but will sleep back immediately. I just say a word of prayer to reassure myself but really, it happens to all babies.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 8:17am On Jul 25, 2015
franky2013:
gud day mamas, pls my baby just started snoring n is affecting her sleep, is it something dat will pass or its something i should b worried abt? i m really feeling for her n d way she breathes too. God bless u all

How old is your baby?

Some babies snore initially but outgrow it. Pls use a clean damp cloth to gently clean her nostrils every morning after bath to free up her nostrils.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 8:22am On Jul 25, 2015
viazi:
Greetings mothers, pls I need advice. My boy is 1 year and 2 weeks, he is walking now. Wifee is Preg so we stopped breastfeeding . we are using peak 123 with his homemade pap, is the peak 123 OK? Also he normally poo after his first meal in the morning but he doesn't like sitting on his Putty chair. Pls I need advice thanks.

Peak 123 is fine.

With time he will get used to the potty chair. To encourage him, you can get a very attractive one that he can also convert as a chair when it's covered. Also, anytime he poos in his potty, clap for him, carry him or somehow, just show him you are very happy with him and let him realise pooing in his potty makes everyone happy. It's a form of reward system that makes them to want repeat that action. @topemel - pls try this also.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 8:30am On Jul 25, 2015
ciano1110:
Good day mamas,please what can I use for my baby complexion, she keeps getting dark, I have used chicco soap and lotion but no difference, right now she is using a goat milk liquid soap and johnson(SA) lotion, please any suggestions on product to use?she was born very very fair complexioned but now chocolate..... Thanks

A baby's birth color is not really his/her true color. Your baby is only attaining her natural color, funny thing is, she might start gettting lighter after a while.

Pls stop using different products on your baby's skin just for her to get lighter. It might have adverse effects later. Whatever your baby's skin color ends up in, she is beautiful like that.

#you can avoid Johnson products for now.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2015
Hernyolar:

I put my five months plus old baby on her executive chair potty first thing in the morning and at night before her bath.. and I have discovered that she hasn't soiled her diaper with poo for 3 whole weeks..
so I think the earlier the better
I sing, giggle for her just to make her happy and distracted..

Chop knuckles...

It's also very effective to establish a pattern for their body system. Keeping her happy while at it will make her want to sit on it again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2015
shndy:
Wow, 5mnths? Dats commendable.
Thanks ma'am

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2015
goosebumps:
Mama's please help. !!

I will come back to introduce myself shortly but right now I'm distressed.
Gave birth almost 24hrs ago and up till this point there's not a single drop of breast milk.
I have tried pap tea hot liquids etc but nothing. Baby now refuses to latch on cos nothing comes out ndy beautiful bobo is obviously hungry. I'm
almost in tears myself.

What else can I do

Goosebumps, is it flowing now?

Ndo! just keep at it. It will start overflowing soon soiling all ur clothes sef.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 8:46am On Jul 25, 2015
EstyBle:
Hello Mothers,i just joined Nairaland 2day.
I thank God 4 dis platform.
Please fellow mothers,i have a 10months old son who has not been eating for 2weeks now.he takes only breatsmilk and titus fish(in any form). He refuses his usual pap and takes time 2 swallow.Av bought different types of syrups,treated malaria,antibiotic,multivitamins,nothing was working. Until i noticed he has white patches on his lips and tongue looks different.he refuses me 2 clean his mouth 4 3days now. He only eats cerealac. Though i suspect oral thrush.Pls what do u advice?

You LO mostly likely has oral thrush. Pls get him to see a doctor asap.

Pls avoid extreme self-medication next time. Ur baby's system is too tender for experiments.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2015
Hernyolar:

I put my five months plus old baby on her executive chair potty first thing in the morning and at night before her bath.. and I have discovered that she hasn't soiled her diaper with poo for 3 whole weeks..
so I think the earlier the better
I sing, giggle for her just to make her happy and distracted..

5 months? That means she can sit unsupported?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2015
Kimoni:

Chop knuckles...

It's also very effective to establish a pattern for their body system. Keeping her happy while at it will make her want to sit on it again.

Thanks ma....

Yes ooo, lot of rhymes, poems and songs does the job
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 25, 2015
MiracleMum:

5 months? That means she can sit unsupported?

Yes, she started sitting unsupported at 4months. Now she makes attempts at crawling though she crawls backward...lol grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2015
Dear Mothers gudmorning!!
Thank God 4 d night..
Congratulations 2 the new momssmileyi was adviced to keep allowing my baby suck the nipple,that it will flow but that if i stop because its not flowing,it will take longer time.my baby started sucking from the second day.
Pls i have a question.why do i feel severe hotness on my chest when i carry my baby at my back? Its been 10months,av been bearing the pain and my shoulders have widened.
Will there ever be a solution to this?? sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=Hernyolar post=36250648]

Yes, she started sitting unsupported at 4months. Now she makes attempts at crawling though she crawls backward...lol grin[/q

lol..backward how..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmielomo(f): 10:49am On Jul 25, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Hello mums, pls where can i get original sebamed soap for my baby in Ogba? Those familiar with Ogba area should please help. Thanks
If u r coming from berger goin towards ogba immediately after d aguda roundabt opposite excellence hotel go to d front a bit u will c a boutique dere is a shop after d boutique where dey sell baby things.she sells original things dere.u hv to b very observant cos d shop isnt really noticeable
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by belatoxx: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2015
Baby is joy

LEARNLIFE HERBAL CLINIC , We specialize on herbal nd roots to cure all desease execpt any desease dat never been created!e.g cure stomach ulcers (Ogun ogbe inu),To arrest thieves or protect properties (Imole, Arimole, Kikanse Ole),cure gonorrhoea (Ogun Atosi),enable womb to retain semen (ogun eda obirin),For good sales of markets (wares) (awure itaja),remove fibroid tissue (ogun oyun iju) Call now and be free from that sickness. 08179322228 call&Whatapp
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=Rashomo post=36252369][/quote]

it's one very funny way she moves. Like she's swimming. ..but she makes good attempt when sitting on the floor though I rarely put her on he floor cos it is tilled and nit rugged so she won't fall so hard on her chest, plus I don't want her to touch the floor and put the same hand in her mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
joyousf And other mothers living in Ado, Please where can I get the rotavirus vaccine. I use FTH, Ido Ekiti but they don't give babies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=Hernyolar post=36259685]

it's one very funny way she moves. Like she's swimming. ..but she makes good attempt when sitting on the floor though I rarely put her on he floor cos it is tilled and nit rugged so she won't fall so hard on her chest, plus I don't want her to touch the floor and put the same hand in her mouth[/quot

nyc den..take care of her..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jenonye(f): 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
Good day sabi mama's. I'm a FTM. I gave birth to my DS on 11th of May. I have an issue and don't know if anyone has gone thru this. After I put to bed, I experienced the normal postpartum bleeding (lochia) and it stopped after 6weeks. Thereafter like a week later, I started bleeding.. I tot it was aunt flo visiting only for the bleeding to become extremely heavy (like filling one pad in less than 30 mins). I went to my doctor and a scan was done to check if there was any retained placenta and there was none. I was given injections and the bleeding subsided only for it to start again after 24hours. I went back and I was given drugs to use and my doc said if it doesn't stop that a D&C wld b done. After the drugs (took it for 2days) the bleeding stopped and I just kept spotting dark Brown discharge (it's sometimes sticky) till recently I started seeing blood spots... to cut the long story short, I hav just been spotting all tru except for one time I didn't spot at all for about 3 days.... but now I bleeding very very lightly (I'm using a liner for it cos it's light ).
This one startd 2days ago. Don't knw if I'm experiencing
hormonal imbalance or what? Sorry for d long story.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hernyolar:
joyousf And other mothers living in Ado, Please where can I get the rotavirus vaccine. I use FTH, Ido Ekiti but they don't give babies
Mama, rotavirus shdnt be taken by babies older than 15wks, pls read more about it online.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emdee590(m): 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=Rashomo post=36252369][/quote]
Hahahaha Na backward movement naaa instead of going front. Funny baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hernyolar:

I dnt live In ado bt am frm Ekiti so I know a few things abt it,check d big private hosp like okurumeh(iyin rd),unique(similoluwa),oguntoye(ilawe rd)the 3 hosp ar owned by good gynecologists,okurumeh is d oldest.tell any okada man 2 tak u.if u ar coming frm ido,jst drop after Christ skul and ask of Unique hosp,u wil av 2 cross 2 d other side,though nt syre if they av nt relocated cos d last time I went ther was 8 yrs ago
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by seunkeji5(f): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
dunnybaby26:

I dnt live In ado bt am frm Ekiti so I know a few things abt it,check d big private hosp like okurumeh(iyin rd),unique(similoluwa),oguntoye(ilawe rd)the 3 hosp ar owned by good gynecologists,okurumeh is d oldest.tell any okada man 2 tak u.if u ar coming frm ido,jst drop after Christ skul and ask of Unique hosp,u wil av 2 cross 2 d other side,though nt syre if they av nt relocated cos d last time I went ther was 8 yrs ago

you can try olumorin hospital at Adebayo road, he was the head of gynaecology department in Ekiti state university teaching hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
Gudeven my blessed sabi mamas, pls how gud is ciprivite for a 9 month old baby?

Tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hernyolar:

Yes, she started sitting unsupported at 4months. Now she makes attempts at crawling though she crawls backward...lol grin

That's nice, I may have to introduce potty style to my daughter. She clocked 5 months yesterday. She can sit unsupported and she's crawling with her tummy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 26, 2015
dunnybaby26:

Thank you so much...I personally know dr Okurume jnr and I know a doctor who once worked in unique..so I will ask them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 12:23am On Jul 26, 2015
Hi dear. Maybe you should go see another gyn. A consultant maybe? All the best dear
Jenonye:
Good day sabi mama's. I'm a FTM. I gave birth to my DS on 11th of May. I have an issue and don't know if anyone has gone thru this. After I put to bed, I experienced the normal postpartum bleeding (lochia) and it stopped after 6weeks. Thereafter like a week later, I started bleeding.. I tot it was aunt flo visiting only for the bleeding to become extremely heavy (like filling one pad in less than 30 mins). I went to my doctor and a scan was done to check if there was any retained placenta and there was none. I was given injections and the bleeding subsided only for it to start again after 24hours. I went back and I was given drugs to use and my doc said if it doesn't stop that a D&C wld b done. After the drugs (took it for 2days) the bleeding stopped and I just kept spotting dark Brown discharge (it's sometimes sticky) till recently I started seeing blood spots... to cut the long story short, I hav just been spotting all tru except for one time I didn't spot at all for about 3 days.... but now I bleeding very very lightly (I'm using a liner for it cos it's light ).
This one startd 2days ago. Don't knw if I'm experiencing
hormonal imbalance or what? Sorry for d long story.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 4:16am On Jul 26, 2015
lamdec:
Hello all mamas in the house, how is our LOs doing. Please I noticed for the past two or three days that my son started grunting and squirming when he sleeps. Sometimes he wakes up and I have to pacify him to sleep again. I don't know if it's too much gas, and I have no idea what drug to use, some say gripe water, I heard it's not advisable to give babies gripe water. He is 25days old and he poos and burps.well, he is both breastfeeding and formula feed. I don't know what to do, is there any thing I can give him to reduce his grunting.
If it is gas, Patience please. After 3 months its over. In my case I used infacol a few times but to b honest it didn't work. Ur baby will outgrow it. When bathing baby use hot compress on tummy esp at night. Not too hot fa tor

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Hadebiimiipee(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.