Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391201 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2015
demmykay:
@lamdec dentinox is also used to treat colic. it worked for my baby when she didn't respond to infacol. hw is ur baby doing? have u been to ur doctor?
Ok thanks, I will keep the drug in mind. My baby is getting better but throughout yesterday he was just restless and fussy, but since last night he has been calm. I haven't gone to see the doctor yet...cash restrains but will go this weekend cos I have lot of complains, his diaper rash is not going, to me it's getting worse and with blisters. I am using a zinc oxide and white petroleum based cream like sudocream but it's another brand and it's seems not to be working.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eumaca: 10:39am On Jul 28, 2015
My 4months baby poos 4-5 times in a day for abt one week now. Pls is it normal?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 11:46am On Jul 28, 2015
lamdec:

Ok thanks, I will keep the drug in mind. My baby is getting better but throughout yesterday he was just restless and fussy, but since last night he has been calm. I haven't gone to see the doctor yet...cash restrains but will go this weekend cos I have lot of complains, his diaper rash is not going, to me it's getting worse and with blisters. I am using a zinc oxide and white petroleum based cream like sudocream but it's another brand and it's seems not to be working.
God will provide for you dear. About the diaper rash, I think u should change his diaper, probably he is reacting to the one he is using at the moment and also don't let diaper stay too long in his bum bum, once it's very wet or once he poos, change immediately. My baby never had diaper rash and I don't use any rash cream or even valentine or powder, I only rub coconut oil there in the mrg after bathe. But I change his diaper on time.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
lamdec:

pele. for the diaper rash, use baby tribotan - works like magic.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TopeMel(f): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
MiracleMum:

pele. for the diaper rash, use baby tribotan - works like magical.

Yes. Baby tribotan works well and faster than sudocreme. My baby's diaper rash too looked raw with blisters but it cleared the rashes within 4days.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweedyfaszy(f): 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello room,my baby is almost 10months,i want to go for My masters,i'm planning on stopping him breast,please can i be enlightened...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
Pweedyfaszy:
Hello room,my baby is almost 10months,i want to go for My masters,i'm planning on stopping him breast,please can i be enlightened...

I hope baby is eating well, cos i wonder hw he is goin to cope if he is nt d eating typee oo. wish u best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tobiaboG: 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
A baby boy has been left blind in one eye after a
family friend allegedly took a close-up
photograph without turning off the flash.
According to Peoples Daily Online, the three-
month-old baby, who has not been named
suffered irreparable damage from the flash of
the camera, which was held about 10 inches
away from the baby boy. The parents were said
to have noticed that there was something wrong
with their baby’s vision soon after the photograph
was taken.
DailyMailUK added that aside from the right eye
that went blind, the baby also had a reduced
vision in his left eye.The damage is said to bear
permanent and cannot be fixed with surgery.
Experts say that the strong flash has damaged
cells on the macula, which is the part of the eye
where incoming light rays are focused.
Damage to the macula can lead to the loss of
central vision, which allows people to see
straight ahead. The macula is not fully
developed until children are four, meaning
youngsters are very sensitive to strong light.
According to research, babies will shut their eyes
when exposed to light on reflex, just milliseconds
of strong light can cause permanent damage. It
is not clear whether the family friend will face
any legal action following the incident. Copied from naij.com, pls mothers take note

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweedyfaszy(f): 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
Rashomo:

I hope baby is eating well, cos i wonder hw he is goin to cope if he is nt d eating typee oo. wish u best
he eats very well..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweedyfaszy(f): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Rashomo:

yes he eats very well..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 9:47am On Jul 29, 2015
Nefe i sight you oooo grin

nefertitiram:
Introducing myself in lurking mode... from TTC, to Preggie thread, I'm peeping in here because in a few weeks I will join you guys once my precious cargo arrives. Please don't ignore my questions ooo, I'm a FTM.

Space booked... 5 weeks to go

kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nefertitiram: 11:35am On Jul 29, 2015
Nita2013:
Nefe i sight you oooo grin

Hehehehe...

4 weeks to go, i cant wait oooo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaoyekemi(f): 11:44am On Jul 29, 2015
Gud morning beautiful mamas,pls I av cum again o.my baby is a month and 14dys old BT she only poops once a week, its been 1wk and 2dy She poop last,she farts a lot. i av complained BT I keep hearing DAT is normal is bcus she is on EBF pls my sabi mamas is dis normal bcus am scared o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
Yepee!!! My beautiful mummies,hope we are all doing great. Pls my DS will be 6 months on august 2 and i want to start introducing cereals after then. I want to buy Frisogold, Cow and gate, Purity and Heinz for him,pls hope these combinations are not too much? And pls those of you mamas that give your babies cereal how do you rotate it? Like can i give frisogold in the morning, cow and gate in the afteroon and purity in the evening or i will have to give a particular brand all day.
Pls again,is rice based cereal better than wheat for a start? Pls put me through all these questions because if i make mistake my DH can sue me o
I forgot to add that he is presently on only Nan 1 and breastmilk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
olaoyekemi:
Gud morning beautiful mamas,pls I av cum again o.my baby is a month and 14dys old BT she only poops once a week, its been 1wk and 2dy She poop last,she farts a lot. i av complained BT I keep hearing DAT is normal is bcus she is on EBF pls my sabi mamas is dis normal bcus am scared o

mummy baby,dont be scared,sumtyms dey ar lyk dat..my baby hav spend two weeks witout poo poo.. its lyk dat if u on EBF ..once ur baby farting ,its ok..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
mydreams25:
Yepee!!! My beautiful mummies,hope we are all doing great. Pls my DS will be 6 months on august 2 and i want to start introducing cereals after then. I want to buy Frisogold, Cow and gate, Purity and Heinz for him,pls hope these combinations are not too much? And pls those of you mamas that give your babies cereal how do you rotate it? Like can i give frisogold in the morning, cow and gate in the afteroon and purity in the evening or i will have to give a particular brand all day.
Pls again,is rice based cereal better than wheat for a start? Pls put me through all these questions because if i make mistake my DH can sue me o

Pls don't introduce all at 1ce, so u ll know if she reacts 2 ny1. U can introduce 1 in 2wks. And rice based cereals is easily digestible dan wheat.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
MiracleMum:

pele. for the diaper rash, use baby tribotan - works like magic.

Pls how much is d baby tribotan?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
MumZ:

Pls how much is d baby tribotan?

300 naira from any pharmacy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Motun31(f): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
olaoyekemi:

Its normal. Don't be scared . My baby did dt too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 3:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
lamdec:

For my kids right from birth,i've alwaz used NATURAL SHEABUTTER for the whole body and also during diaper change so there hasnt been any rash.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
mydreams25:
Yepee!!! Pls put me through all these questions because if i make mistake my DH can sue me o

Lmao cool cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
lamdec:

. d only time my LO had serious diaper rash was when i tried using a different wipes. baby tribotan really worked wonders, tnx to all mamas on this forum. u can try huggies wipes is very gud, then mind d diaper too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by euphorbia(f): 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
Rashomo:

mummy baby,dont be scared,sumtyms dey ar lyk dat..my baby hav spend two weeks witout poo poo.. its lyk dat if u on EBF ..once ur baby farting ,its ok..
Which one now is normal now I thought breast milk digest faster and thus makes EBF babies poo more than those feed along or with formular.my almst 3 months baby poos very well in the morning and little little after each (most) full feed. But he is gaining weight

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 4:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
MiracleMum:

300 naira from any pharmacy.

OK, tank u plenty

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
PeyButtons:

For my kids right from birth,i've alwaz used NATURAL SHEABUTTER for the whole body and also during diaper change so there hasnt been any rash.

Babies r different, my DS never had diaper rash no matter d type I used. I only used Shea butter 4 him truout his diaper days. But I tried it wit my DD, 2wks afterbirth, started havn diaper rash. In fact, she had ela, change of skin n reacted 2 baby oil touching her face, bed sheet n all. I had 2 get sudocreme 4 her bum, though its slow, it works. But d rash comes back after like every 2 mths, dats y I want 2 try dis baby tribotan. Dis my epistle long no b small.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TopeMel(f): 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dear Mumz, pls what does the change of skin and Ella look like on baby's skin?

MumZ:

Babies r different, my DS never had diaper rash no matter d type I used. I only used Shea butter 4 him truout his diaper days. But I tried it wit my DD, 2wks afterbirth, started havn diaper rash. In fact, she had ela, change of skin n reacted 2 baby oil touching her face, bed sheet n all. I had 2 get sudocreme 4 her bum, though its slow, it works. But d rash comes back after like every 2 mths, dats y I want 2 try dis baby tribotan. Dis my epistle long no b small.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
euphorbia:

Which one now is normal now I thought breast milk digest faster and thus makes EBF babies poo more than those feed along or with formular.my almst 3 months baby poos very well in the morning and little little after each (most) full feed. But he is gaining weight

I cant say which is normal,only talkin frm experience..for my first n second ,dey poo atleast once in a day,after six month,wen i introduce other food to dem..it depends on body n ur baby too.. I went as far as given my two month baby little drop of orange for him to poo,wen i dont knw wat to do again..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
TopeMel:
Dear Mumz, pls what does the change of skin and Ella look like on baby's skin?

Ella was d lightness of her face. Though she is light in complexion, her cheeks were extremely lighter dan d rest of her face. D change of skin, was large dry patches on her back. After I googled it, saw it was noting serious, just kept rubing d Shea butter. D dry patches later peeled off by itself n all d skin blended.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaoyekemi(f): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
Rashomo:

tanks ma,am relieved now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaoyekemi(f): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
Motun31:

Its normal. Don't be scared . My baby did dt too.
tnks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SweetDinma(f): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2015
MumZ:

Ella was d lightness of her face. Though she is light in complexion, her cheeks were extremely lighter dan d rest of her face. D change of skin, was large dry patches on her back. After I googled it, saw it was noting serious, just kept rubing d Shea butter. D dry patches later peeled off by itself n all d skin blended.
My baby's face is fairer than her body, could it be Ella?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 8:41am On Jul 30, 2015
I AF come again with my comlain grin
So I kind of regret (small) that I allowed my twin boy suck his thumb. But acutaLly anytime he sucks, I get to concentrate on his really over attachy sister and now my boy is sooo used to it that in d middle of fEeding he pushes the breas,t away and slips in his thumb.
That one by the side.
Now his thumbs are charred, white with red blisters anD I think it pains him Too.

I tried all methods to make him 'rest' the thumb a bit. From bitterleaf to plasters to mittens and even wrapping him. D boy go suck anything o, chew d mitten till its soaked, start rolling everywhere when wrapped etc.

One mama told me that I should make sure he is full with every feeding so the sucking will reduce. It did work-for sometime. But once he eats till he's about to exlode, he falls sleepy and when I put him down to sleep- in goes the thumb.

Any other remedy
Pls
And I've googled it. But NA oyinbo method dem put.

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.