Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4409793 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 12:40am On Aug 05, 2015
@ sayoberry no I don't use any teething mixture.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enioladimeji: 6:20am On Aug 05, 2015
lovinam:

Hahahahhahaah. I've told u guys pickin wey go suck go suck. They start from the womb, if u try to stop the finger, they switch to tongue. He will eventually stop sucking. So patience is the key dear. Lol
Ure very correct ma'am. When my son wanted to start sucking his fnger, i no gree o. Now he sucks his tongue everytime. I think it's better than sucking fingers. People said i should leave him then , that with time he'll stop. No way!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:22am On Aug 05, 2015
PeyButtons:

Yes u can..i started giving my LO guinea corn pap with infant milk from 3months...though i usually make it myself...mix guinea corn,beans,dried plantain and fish together..grind,sieve and keep it at home..and she is so healthy and strong.

3 months! wow, okay, I thought babies couldn't handle anything else apart from mill till at least 4 months. All my family doctors are encouraging me to give breastmilk (pump and bf) for at least 6 months and be using breast milk to mix into their cereals.
How did she take it at first?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:33am On Aug 05, 2015
beedam:

Wow!!!

In the US, Mothers are moving more towards the way your grandmother did it: exclusively breastfeeding till 2 years of age, unmedicated birth at home with midwives, wearing your baby, natural organic living and cloth diapering, sleeping on the bed with your baby and all sorts. When i met some, they assumed since i was "from Africa" smiley I would be a champion at all that. They were surprised to hear that we over here are moving to disposables and weaning quickly and cots grin They feel that the natural way is better.

The way one reacted to hearing I was supplementing with formula, you'd have thought I was drinking gin and feeding my baby some. Well, let's see how it goes in Naija, I will post my routine then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RashMe(f): 7:14am On Aug 05, 2015
lovinam:

Hahahahhahaah. I've told u guys pickin wey go suck go suck. They start from the womb, if u try to stop the finger, they switch to tongue. He will eventually stop sucking. So patience is the key dear. Lol

I agree with u ma, I refuse my 10wks old from sucking her fingers and she gradually switched to tongue/lips sucking
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 7:48am On Aug 05, 2015
http://www.babycenter.com/404_should-i-worry-if-my-preschooler-cant-sit-still_70309.bc?scid=bulletin_pres_20150804&pe=MlV6cnZsbnwyMDE1MDgwNA..

For children with todlers.
enioladimeji:

Ure very correct ma'am. When my son wanted to start sucking his fnger, i no gree o. Now he sucks his tongue everytime. I think it's better than sucking fingers. People said i should leave him then , that with time he'll stop. No way!
hmmmmm I don't want to scare u but tongue sucking is way worse than finger. The child will suck till thy kingdom come o! They get easily distracted in class too. Do something about it now!!!!!!!
RashMe:

I agree with u ma, I refuse my 10wks old from sucking her fingers and she gradually switched to tongue/lips sucking
try to stop him from sucking his lips. Its difficult to correct in later years.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2015
@ lovinam, u r right. Though I prefer thumbsucking to tonguesucking.
Mamas my baby has chesty cough that won't go. Hv been to d hospital and hv taken all drugs and antibiotics, it gets beter and comes back. Last nite she was breathing as if sometin was blocking her chest. Any sugestions pls? I hv done hot water steam and all what not. It stil won't go ohhh.
Need I add "she is about sprouting upper tooth"
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enioladimeji: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2015
lovinam:
http://www.babycenter.com/404_should-i-worry-if-my-preschooler-cant-sit-still_70309.bc?scid=bulletin_pres_20150804&pe=MlV6cnZsbnwyMDE1MDgwNA..

For children with todlers.
hmmmmm I don't want to scare u but tongue sucking is way worse than finger. The child will suck till thy kingdom come o! They get easily distracted in class too. Do something about it now!!!!!!!try to stop him from sucking his lips. Its difficult to correct in later years.

Really? Pls how do I stop a 9months old + from sucking his lips/tongue ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 10:09am On Aug 05, 2015
Onegai:

In the US, Mothers are moving more towards the way your grandmother did it: exclusively breastfeeding till 2 years of age, unmedicated birth at home with midwives, wearing your baby, natural organic living and cloth diapering, sleeping on the bed with your baby and all sorts. When i met some, they assumed since i was "from Africa" smiley I would be a champion at all that. They were surprised to hear that we over here are moving to disposables and weaning quickly and cots grin They feel that the natural way is better.

The way one reacted to hearing I was supplementing with formula, you'd have thought I was drinking gin and feeding my baby some. Well, let's see how it goes in Naija, I will post my routine then.

my sister there s nothing new in this world o .this life Na cycle. d way we go back to old school things n it becomes a fad n class in our days. like clothin, hair styles, g ofada rice etc. we used to copy these oyinbo pple cos we thought all those modern things were d vogue &our ways backward n archaic. now they av realised the good in natural things and are advocating it. I was also surprised at all d crunchy n natural birth etc champions in US. didn't think such could be in such a place and here are we in naija trying to do everything foreign.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2015
Onegai:

3 months! wow, okay, I thought babies couldn't handle anything else apart from mill till at least 4 months. All my family doctors are encouraging me to give breastmilk (pump and bf) for at least 6 months and be using breast milk to mix into their cereals.
How did she take it at first?

Infact i'd to consult her paed b4 giving her nd she said its ok

She is such a hungry baby,took it like she has been waiting 4 it nd there's neva been any side effects

She is so strong and healthy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 11:50am On Aug 05, 2015
Yes Oh @lovinam. My Cousin Dat Sucks Her Lips Has One syd Swollen Dan D Oda(her Lower Lip) And Its Disfigured Evn Wen She Tried Stopn, Pls Try As Much As Possible To Stop It, Evn My 3mths Is Tryn 2 Suck Also Bt Her Own Na D Whole Hand She Wan Put 4 Mouth, So I Substitute It Wit A Pacifer, Which She Rejected @ 1st Bt I Kept Giving It 2 Her "wen She Puts Her Fingers In Her Mouth", And Now She Accepts.Wen She Sucks Its Sooo Cute 2 Luk @ Exp Wen She's Asleep. Bt I Remove It 1ce I C Shes Fully Asleep So She Wont Get Used 2 It. Evn During D Dy, God Hlp Our Precious Future Of 2mao.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by propertyaccess: 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Estate Name: Lekki Villas Phase 1
Location: Sapati/Bogije, Ibeju-Lekki - about 15 minutes drive from Ajah B/stop

Title: Registered Survey Excision Approved (Gazette will be published soon)

Documents given upon Purchase: Purchase receipt, Contract of Sales and allocation letter(given at allocation)
Welcome to Lekki Villas, Bogije in Ibeju Lekki. This area is of no doubt experiencing an impressive influx of dwellers from and outside Lagos and Nigeria. This is because the whole of the Lekki axis of Lagos has been considered a classy, secure and serene area to live by Nigerians who value tasteful living.

Ibeju-Lekki is currently experiencing a boom in land appreciation. Having a property in this area is a high yield guaranteed investment due to the mega government and private projects going on.

For Enquiry call: 07080169651

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biihem(f): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
MumZ:

Tank God I've seen someone dat uses boots shampoo o. I just got and I was telling my hubby dat dis 1 dat dey put a boy wit no hair on it, hope my DD hair is safe o. Cos she has very soft n curly hair even though we cut it @ 7days (Muslim tins). I also noticed it has dat component dat onegai says dries d hair. I looked everywhere 4 baby conditioner bt I dint find and had 2 settle 4 boots cos I know its a very good brand. I also use Shea butter 2 rub her hair always. Now I can use it without fear, its just 1ce a week anyway.
pls do u know where I can get boots shampoo in Lagos preferably Ogba axis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
biihem:
pls do u know where I can get boots shampoo in Lagos preferably Ogba axis

I'm not familiar wit Ogba. But I tink any big shop shld av.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Help me o, my baby seems to want to suck thumb and tongue. How can I stop him na cos na daily battle o and he keeps crying whenever I stop him. He accepts pacifier but can't grab yet so it falls and the crying starts whenever it falls. What do I do na
He is 8 weeks old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nefertitiram: 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
sheweezy:
Help me o, my baby seems to want to suck thumb and tongue. How can I stop him na cos na daily battle o and he keeps crying whenever I stop him. He accepts pacifier but can't grab yet so it falls and the crying starts whenever it falls. What do I do na
He is 8 weeks old.

Get a pacifier holder for him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
@sayoberry what are the changes u noticed in your boys poo?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
@sayoberry what are the changes u noticed in our boys poo?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 12:40am On Aug 06, 2015
Mzora:
@sayoberry what are the changes u noticed in your boys poo?

Watery, greenish(for formula) and dark brown (for pap), foamy (as if soap was there) and really smelly. It has reduced now. They were pooing at least four times a day before. But now once a day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 12:41am On Aug 06, 2015
sheweezy:
He is 8 weeks old.

Get pacifier. I've gotten one too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 12:57am On Aug 06, 2015
I can't take lip sucking o. It takes forever to stop a child. I have a forty something year old somebody that sucks lip.
When one of my previous dota wanted to start, I used to use a finger to tap her mouth till she stopped.
I got a pacifier and son is taking it, but spits when he wants to sleep because he lies on his chest so it gets in the way.

God will watch over our children for us. Pls let us constantly pray for them. Anytime I'm busy with the twins I usually mumble a prayer cos aswear this wahala dey too much. As 1am don reach now I still dey sing "twinkle twinke lirru star", one person go con say I no go reap fruit of my labour. NA God go deal with the person to, fro, front back and center.

May god bless us beyond our imaginations. Amen

*looks at twins and resumes singing*

30 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by euphorbia(f): 6:57am On Aug 06, 2015
enioladimeji:

LITTLE ME, PLAZA
www.littlemebabyworld.com
Currently,they don't ve too.I also need it.any other mama sabi another place to get original?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by euphorbia(f): 7:30am On Aug 06, 2015
PeyButtons:

...firstly,u av to wash all ingredient stated earlier throughly wit water... bt u wont add water wen going to grind it,water will be added at d mill..it will come out in form of paste..u'll use water to sieve it to remove d unwanted nd get d pap..den u'll need to change d water on d pap everyday...

den wen cooking..u boil water in a pot...mix pap wit little water and cook for 15 minutes on fire wit moderate turning to prevent it from forming balls..
Ll the beans be peeled?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eazee(f): 8:14am On Aug 06, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 8:30am On Aug 06, 2015
eazee:
Good day our sabi mamas,
How is everyone doing? Pls I need urgent help oo. My elder sister's 4 week old son has been running temperature since yesterday. We gave him paracetamol all thru ysterday but it persisted this morning.
My mama abeg kindly advise any home remedy before we prepare go hospital.

Thank you
find Lil towel dip in water and use it to clean his body...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biihem(f): 8:42am On Aug 06, 2015
MumZ:

I'm not familiar wit Ogba. But I tink any big shop shld av.
OK thanks. will do just that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 9:10am On Aug 06, 2015
eazee:
Hello my sabi mamas,
Pls my baby has been having Ela on her bum bum, I just noticed it and also she's has rashes all over her body, pls what can I use on her.. Pls its urgent as d Ela is spreading so fast.
Abeg sabi mamas make una come to my rescue.. I take God beg una. Tnx

She may have a sensitive skin. Mine does. When I stopped using wipes, rashes stopped. Especially nappy rash.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2015
eazee:
Good day our sabi mamas,
How is everyone doing? Pls I need urgent help oo. My elder sister's 4 week old son has been running temperature since yesterday. We gave him paracetamol all thru ysterday but it persisted this morning.
My mama abeg kindly advise any home remedy before we prepare go hospital.

Thank you

Please take him to the hospital right now. A fever in a baby that small is dangerous. Don't waste time giving him a bath, you can do it at the hospital and please don't pour cold water on him (it may cause convulsions).

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 9:28am On Aug 06, 2015
euphorbia:
Ll the beans be peeled?
Yes,wash and peeled
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2015
Good day mothers, pls my 3 weeks old baby has been fuzzy, stretching and crying in his sleep since yesterday she's also straining really hard cos she has not pooed for 3days now. She's breastfeeding well but also strains and stretch while on breast. Pls help out with how to help her poop and also stop the fuzziness and st retching cos she's not sleeping well both during the day and night. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by completey(f): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
Keji3:
Good day mothers, pls my 3 weeks old baby has been fuzzy, stretching and crying in his sleep since yesterday she's also straining really hard cos she has not pooed for 3days now. She's breastfeeding well but also strains and stretch while on breast. Pls help out with how to help her poop and also stop the fuzziness and st retching cos she's not sleeping well both during the day and night. Thanks
Its a phase, she will outgrow it. About the poo are you EBF? Pls watch your diet. Take orange and eat foods with high fiber content.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
Keji3:

Squeeze out some orange juice and give her please. Just a few spoons should help her poo asap! Then also check your diet and try to eat stuff that will ease digestion veggies and fruits and so on!

Good luck wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.