Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4429128 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
Young man i hope u know what u're playing with. What role is ur wife and mother in law playing in this ur trado medicine. No let anything happen to that child cos u simply want to play doc.
Alenkakent: My 11 day old baby just vomitted yellowish fluid some mins after feeding(on breast),she was diagnosed to have jaundice on her 5th day and we've been using yellow bulb and bathing her with water(soaked wth pawpaw),she has a big stomach(looks lyk indigestion). Could the yellowish vomit be as a result of removin d excess bilirubin in her? What can be done abt the stomach? We have clinic visit by monday but ♠ can't just do nothin till then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2013
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 8:45am On Jul 07, 2013
I was not going to say a word but couldnt hold back

You didnt take to what we all told you initialy and when you have don the way that pleased you then you came back for what?!!!

Abeg anty CC help us tell am ooooo. Aba! continue to do Ur try your luck ooo. Its jst a pity peopl that have better need for children are not there to colect that child fron you!!!

pls do the right thing!! By now U should be in the hospital. Gosh!! 11days old baby?!! so tender a creature!!!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by younggirl: 9:32am On Jul 07, 2013
Alenkakent: My 11 day old baby just vomitted yellowish fluid some mins after feeding(on breast),she was diagnosed to have jaundice on her 5th day and we've been using yellow bulb and bathing her with water(soaked wth pawpaw),she has a big stomach(looks lyk indigestion). Could the yellowish vomit be as a result of removin d excess bilirubin in her? What can be done abt the stomach? We have clinic visit by monday but ♠ can't just do nothin till then.
Its quite sad dat you didn't take to the advice given! No two children are the same,dat baby A had jaundice and was treated at home doesn't mean baby B will also respond to home treatment! My first child was diagnosed with jaundiced and was given phototherapy,my second child was diagnosed wt jaundiced too but was treated at home because hers was not much! To be forwarned is to be forearmed!
We can only give u advice,but we cannot force you to take the advice. Just remember dat someone is out there praying to have a child to give the best care to! Wish you what you wish yourself,wish the baby quick recovery.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettytrust: 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hello mums in d house pls am having serious issue my 7mths baby refuses to take any food only frisogold n breastmilk n am 13wks gone already although she is my first pls wat will I do ooo cos I want to stop her breatfeeding am really havin serious pain in d nipple of my breast
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hello @all, how are our kids doing? I must say i really appreciate the way you all treat this guy's case, but i have an advise for him/her, if its money that has been making you treat that baby @home, i advise u to pls take him to a h/center close to u am very sure u will find a solution there, pls dont watch that baby die.... Mummies pls my boi has this thing that looks like boil scatered on his skin, we have seen his doc though, he gave us some med which we are already giving him, but i notices he scratch his body often, some1 already ask us to buy nycil products for him, but i want to seek second opinion on this....... Thanks......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
Helloo mummies & daddies in the house,it's been quite a while but i've been silently reading everything going on here & the stories have been wonderful i must say.

I had a new experience on friday, came back from work after picking my 11mths+ baby from creche.After breastfeeding her, she slept off & after sometime she shrugged her body & all of a sudden she was soaked in vomit,i was so confused as to what to do as it was just me & her at home so i quickly sprinkled her with water and clean her up & she was fine.What baffled me is that a closer look at the vomit shows some traces of indomie & i was like i never gave my baby indomie,then how come.I picked up the phone and called her nanny immediately as i'm sure she must be the one that gave her indomie but couldn't reach her,called the proprietress & she said she was going to look into the matter!My point is this nannies believed that once they're on a good note with you then they should help u give ur baby anything,what if something more serious had happened to d baby,what would have happened? Now i'm thinking of withdrawing my baby from them,but the proprietress has been begging meanwhile the nanny denied it. Has anyone had such experience before?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^^wow!!!!!!! Now that was not funny at all! Thank God nothing worse happened! The question I asked after reading your post was; whose indomie was it? did she knw how it was cooked? who sent her?!!!

No I'v not had such personal experienc ooo. I dnt tell the nannies at my baby's creche when I'll be picking my child so sometimes, when I'm early I 'sneak in' on them.lol. On one of these ocassions, I was just removing my shoes outside(we go in without shoes), I heard d nanny asking a pupil(1yr+), to bring her hand bag and I saw her giving the pupils tom tom from her handbag to lick! These are children that come with food and snacks ooo.

God will continue to preserve our LO for us.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDee7(f): 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I must commend u all for all d advice, encouragement and suggestions that u give. smiley

My baby is 8months+ and is teething but I dont know what to give him o. People have advised dt I give Piccan or Bonababe but I dont know which is better. Then, what is teething powder? Is it a medicine? Some have also said that I should not use anything. Ive taken him to d hospital and he is presently being treated for malaria and is on anitbiotics. Pls mums, what should I do?
Pls forgive my naivety. I'm a ftm. undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
Please, I have the same question as MamaDee. My 6month old is showing signs of teething & my MIL wants me 2 giv her teething powder & piccan or bonababe (she has been asking me to do this since 2months). I read the packs and Pican & Bonababe are paracetamol based - isn't that drug abuse? Isn't it best if I use only teething toys?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nimzy13(f): 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hello all, am a first time mom with a 2weeks old baby. My baby doesn't sleep at night at all and he always want to suck through out the night. Please is there anything I can do cuz this is really giving me a lot of concern.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
maxiflexi: Please, I have the same question as MamaDee. My 6month old is showing signs of teething & my MIL wants me 2 giv her teething powder & piccan or bonababe (she has been asking me to do this since 2months). I read the packs and Pican & Bonababe are paracetamol based - isn't that drug abuse? Isn't it best if I use only teething toys?
if u want to give ur baby piccan or bonababe then maybe he/she is running a temp. just continue with breastmilk. its the best ur baby can have at that age. my baby is 8mths pls and is bringing out her teeth. she's been teething since 4 months. i v only given her piccan which has finished since a week now. but she didnt run a temp just the head was hot. i m made to understand that teething doesnt bring about fever but head will be hot. i only made sure i breastfed her a lot more than necessary and she is doing fyn. the only thing she had was mild rash and decreased appetite, but she pulled thru it quite well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2013

i honestly dont know what to say to u. u were advised by the mothers on this thread and yet u decide to have ur way. ur baby needs help and u can only give that child the best care by taking her to a doctor. i ll suggest a general hospital. and if not take her to a nearest hospital ASAP.dont ever joke with that childs health. dont try to treat her on ur own. listen to the voice of reason.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TopeMel(f): 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
Mothers in the house, my 2months+ baby has something that looks like rashes on his arms and face. Now it's beginning to spread to his back. It's definitely not ella coz his ella just cleared up last week. Does anyone have an idea of what this is and What can be used to clear it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 11:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
ayobarmy: Hello @all, how are our kids doing? I must say i really appreciate the way you all treat this guy's case, but i have an advise for him/her, if its money that has been making you treat that baby @home, i advise u to pls take him to a h/center close to u am very sure u will find a solution there, pls dont watch that baby die.... Mummies pls my boi has this thing that looks like boil scatered on his skin, we have seen his doc though, he gave us some med which we are already giving him, but i notices he scratch his body often, some1 already ask us to buy nycil products for him, but i want to seek second opinion on this....... Thanks......

for the itching can u try getting calamin lotion n mix it with 'moju' powder n rub it on him. lets see how it would work.

TopeMel: Mothers in the house, my 2months+ baby has something that looks like rashes on his arms and face. Now it's beginning to spread to his back. It's definitely not ella coz his ella just cleared up last week. Does anyone have an idea of what this is and What can be used to clear it.

ella takes a very long time to go. i understand its a fungal infection. what have u been using for it before? mayb u should continue cos that thing called ella is quite stubborn and difficult to treat. u could also get baby tribotan or tribact and mix with ori to rub on the baby's body.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by deybowlah: 2:03am On Jul 09, 2013
i will advise you dont give all those medication to your child. just give paracetamol when you notice a fever.all those teething mixtures are bad cos we tend to abuse them. most times when children have fever, it is always misunderstood as theething and where as its either malaria or infection. i av confirmed this thrice with my daughter. So what i will say is when u notice fever or child actting strange, give paracetamol for a day and if no changes, take him or her to doctor.pls dont give piccan bonababe or theething powder its a waste of money and its also dangerous. its even unlikely you get original theething powder.
MamaDee7: Hi everyone, I'm new here and I must commend u all for all d advice, encouragement and suggestions that u give. smiley

My baby is 8months+ and is teething but I dont know what to give him o. People have advised dt I give Piccan or Bonababe but I dont know which is better. Then, what is teething powder? Is it a medicine? Some have also said that I should not use anything. Ive taken him to d hospital and he is presently being treated for malaria and is on anitbiotics. Pls mums, what should I do?
Pls forgive my naivety. I'm a ftm. undecided

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
@itsmelex,thanks o.I tell you strange things happen in this our world,people just decide to go out of their way to sure help/concern to other people children without even thinking of the outcome.Only God can help us watch over these little ones cos we don't always know what going on behind us no matter how we try.It is well us all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 6:00am On Jul 10, 2013
Hi all, pls i need ur suggestions. One of My 11+ months twins suddenly refused to nurse/breast feed.. My fear is they are yet to walk unaided, though they walk around holding onto stuff, will it interfer with his developmental process? Pls what do i do? Any i'm about changing der milk from Isomil to Peak 123. Tanx.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 6:40am On Jul 10, 2013
^^^ When did you intend to stop nursing her? I gues at 1yr right? If I were in you shoes, I'll continue giving the Isomil(she still takes that right?) until she is one then the peak 123, its jst less than a month.
However, If you still despirately want her to bossom feed,then maybe you try when she is drousy/feeling sleepy (this may not be the best as she may be wanting to nurse anytim she wantsvto sleep). In all, I wont be bothered at 11+.***WISHING I can stop by 10months!lol***
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2013
Lol @ if u were in my shoes. Tanx for ur input. Just seen his doc and he said there is no problem. That i should just fortify his diet. Xoxo
itsmelex: ^^^ When did you intend to stop nursing her? I gues at 1yr right? If I were in you shoes, I'll continue giving the Isomil(she still takes that right?) until she is one then the peak 123, its jst less than a month.
However, If you still despirately want her to bossom feed,then maybe you try when she is drousy/feeling sleepy (this may not be the best as she may be wanting to nurse anytim she wantsvto sleep). In all, I wont be bothered at 11+.***WISHING I can stop by 10months!lol***
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ToyinOpa29: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2013
Morning house! Please I'm a new mum with a baby boy of 8weeks. I've noticed in d last4days ♏Ɣ baby has been having rumblings in his stomach and passing out wind a lot! He spits a lot and whenever he finishes sucking he brings out stuff frm his mouth! He poos twice a day but it is very watery n pure yellow. He doesn't have a long deep sleep any more, rather he wriggles his body every time n cries while doing that! I've tkn him to the family hospital n was told may its ♏Ɣ diet n i should give him gripe water n nosparmin n an anti biotic which i reject. I've also taken him to see Doctor @ a health center n he said he's fine as long as he sucks n doesn't poo more than 3times per day n shuldnt gv him anything.his temperature is ok-32f though he feels warm sometimes! A friend suggested i get him infancol instead of gripe water. Pls what could be happening 2 him n what can be done 2 help ♏Ɣ baby(David) thank you!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDee7(f): 11:08am On Jul 10, 2013
deybowlah: i will advise you dont give all those medication to your child. just give paracetamol when you notice a fever.all those teething mixtures are bad cos we tend to abuse them. most times when children have fever, it is always misunderstood as theething and where as its either malaria or infection. i av confirmed this thrice with my daughter. So what i will say is when u notice fever or child actting strange, give paracetamol for a day and if no changes, take him or her to doctor.pls dont give piccan bonababe or theething powder its a waste of money and its also dangerous. its even unlikely you get original theething powder.
Thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by seundaniels: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2013
pinkydaisy: Hello mums,,new in here, had my baby on the 16th of May and to God be the glory. It has been from one problem to the other but all is well now, i can boldly come to this thread to learn more.
My baby didn't poop after the initial 4/5 days of mecomium,,,,,,she finally pooped after almost 11 days, come and see screaming and tears in the little angels eyes ,,,,but God being so merciful, she passed poop and has been calmer since then. People said it had to do with my diet but i have been reading online that it happens most times to most babies.

After her birth, i noticed her eyes were kind of off coloured from what am used to seeing in most new borns and drew the attention of the doctor to it but he kept on insisting it was normal, not until after about 24 hours when i noticed her pee was so concentrated and practically screamed the doctor into having a look at her,,,my sisters when she was tested for Jaundice, it was so high(the normal level of Billirubim for infants is about 2 but my baby's was 12 ) they began treatment for Jaundice with photo-theraphy for about 3 days and nights, i was just crying like a baby watching her under the heat of that light Unclad and alone. Her skin got so burnt and she lost so much weight very fast,you could just see her disapearing right before your eyes, worst of all, my milk refused to flow.
When we were finally discharged, i took my angel home preparing to start motherhood in peace, when it was noticed that the baby had more than the usual opening on her skull,,the Yorubas call it Oka,,hope i spelt it right? and the igbos call it ngbuwaisi,,,,,my dears, come and see panicking, everybody kept on bringing suggestions on how to help the skull cover up fast and sincerely i was at my wits end. i just turned to God in prayer and reminded him that his gifts added no sorrows so why am i jumping from one problem to the other with my gift that he has given me.I cried and cried unto God and finally somehow, i received his grace on what advice to listen to and what to discard.
Presently, my angel is thriving and she even smiles now, funny. She is eating fine and gaining the weight, slowly but surely.

Long and short of this is that every mother knows her baby best and should pay close attention to the child, always ask questions and be ready to sieve the responses you receive, discarding the unnecessary advices without being rude. Most of all,,God alone knows these babies best, always ask him for his grace and guidance on how to take care of your baby and please worry less cos God can not bring you this far to leave you.

IT IS WELL.

Hey pinkdaisy, plz am sorry to bother u. Plz just noticed my baby Has Oka. Plz wht did u do. Urgent advice plz.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
seundaniels:

Hey pinkdaisy, plz am sorry to bother u. Plz just noticed my baby Has Oka. Plz wht did u do. Urgent advice plz.

@seundaniels. pls be patient and dont fret. i did worse than u did.first n foremost dont give agbo to the baby. here's what i did. go to eleweomo these herb sellers and buy 'oka'. its like a dried fruit with an opening. there's a number u ll buy for each sex.i think 5 for boys and 7 for girls i m not sure. get a container with a lid and put the 'oka' in it. pour much water over d 'oka' in the container and cover for 3 days. after d third day, u can start using it to wash the head only. using ur hand scoop d water 3ce over the head of d baby.
the next thing is for u to buy silverbird. make sure u get d original. pour half of it in the baby oil (a full container). use it on the head and cover the head with cap as u are putting d oil.
thats what i did for my baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jade William:
My dear, I do what works 4me.My baby's hair was breakin so somone told me abt Kudos 100% Indian hemp hair cream so I bought it&mixed it wit lots of ori&olive oil hair cream for kids.U need 2c her hair 4mths later.
I've been looking for advise on growing my babies hair, & came across this comment.
Aren't our babies too young & their skin & bones too tender for Indian Hemp cream?
Please, wanting the best for your baby now also means thinking of her future - Hemp is too strong for her tender growing BRAIN!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
seundaniels:

My baby had it and i did absolutely nothing. I didnt even realise when it covered. In my opinion, silverbird is too strong for a new born baby. It says on d pack, not to be placed on skin.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
blank:
My baby had it and i did absolutely nothing. I didnt even realise when it covered. In my opinion, silverbird is too strong for a new born baby. It says on d pack, not to be placed on skin.

'oka' varies. some are mild and some r severe. i never said to place it staight from the bottle to the scalp. i said 'mixed' with oil. its what i use up till today and it helps with cold and catarh. baby oil bottles are quite big and thats what i look at before i mix and i know silverbird is srong. i may not mix up to half a bottle of silverbird but the little i did add helped work wonders. it may not have worked for u but it sure did work for me. moreso 'oka' causes stooling a lot in babies; so i m made to understand. my baby too xperienced it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmom: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2013
goodday . Pls i need suggestions. I have 14 month old baby since her birth she does not add weight that much but very very active and eats well, she started crawing @ Her 5th month and started walking @ her 9th month now people were like she has nta and akpafor (in igbo language) dont kn whelther it has English name that why she is not getting fat and this is normally treated with herbs, i'm scared of giving my baby herbs. Pls are those real?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
^^^I dont know what nta and akpafor are ooo so, I cant say anything in that direction, am sorry. However, what crossed my mind was: have you checked if its genetic( are U or hubby 'fleshy' or 'weighty')? is her Doc concerned/worried? Have you tried some food that they say make babies add weight and grow fat?

I may not have beter sugestion, but be sure your baby is getting all nutrients that she needs, and if her weight is within the range for her age then its ok( even if she may not be increasing that much)...I think those are what should be the utmost concern.

All the best
Hey! I wnt mind a description if that nta and apkafor. ***brings out pen and notepad for learning.***
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by seundaniels: 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
omogemi:

'oka' varies. some are mild and some r severe. i never said to place it staight from the bottle to the scalp. i said 'mixed' with oil. its what i use up till today and it helps with cold and catarh. baby oil bottles are quite big and thats what i look at before i mix and i know silverbird is srong. i may not mix up to half a bottle of silverbird but the little i did add helped work wonders. it may not have worked for u but it sure did work for me. moreso 'oka' causes stooling a lot in babies; so i m made to understand. my baby too xperienced it.
Thanks omogemi. Please can u give me ur number or add me on bbpin-2712D7F0. Thanks cos I av some personal question to ask about it. My fone number is 08023954804. Tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.