Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400918 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
honey86: I have a meal plan that I got off a blog, if you can send me your email address, I can send it to you.

Thanks a lot...chilakachukwuemeka@yahoo.ca is my email. Look forward to getting the meal plan.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
itsmelex: @Debbi, U can start with pap first, thier tender stomach tolerates that. If you decide to introduce tin food, start with a light cereal like rice, leav wheat till she is much older(this is from my own experience oh, she may tolerat it).

Cant remember all now but U could try these:
-peeled apple boiled and mashed
-irish or sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed ( I add crayfish, titus and tiny magerine or olive oil while cooking and blend all together)
-blended oats(to smooth whil dry), cook and add milk
-well cooked and mashed peeled beans(I introduced this at about 9mnths and very minut quantity..not much at all)
-egg yoke (somtimes I add this to well cooked/mashed white rice)
-yougut

These are the ones I can remember now. I'l sugest you try the pap for 2-3wks first befor gradualy introducing any other thing U feel lik. I started my baby on solid at exactly 6mnths! pap is mild, you can make it very light...dnt forget U introduc a food at a time and wait for like 4days before introducing another(I waited upto a week to intro new food cause my boy is very sensitive...but now two days max)

In all sis, do what you'r comfortable with and if you'r very confused visit the ped. Heard every mum has great instinct, don't ignor yours now!

All the best

Nice tips...also like the idea of watching your Baby's reaction to the solid meal for 4 to 7 daz. Pap from millet constipates my 8months baby. Didn't start her on solids till Her 5th month cause breast milk couldn't satisfy her. Sharing this with Madam ASAP.... cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
itsmelex: @Debbi, U can start with pap first, thier tender stomach tolerates that. If you decide to introduce tin food, start with a light cereal like rice, leav wheat till she is much older(this is from my own experience oh, she may tolerat it).

Cant remember all now but U could try these:
-peeled apple boiled and mashed
-irish or sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed ( I add crayfish, titus and tiny magerine or olive oil while cooking and blend all together)
-blended oats(to smooth whil dry), cook and add milk
-well cooked and mashed peeled beans(I introduced this at about 9mnths and very minut quantity..not much at all)
-egg yoke (somtimes I add this to well cooked/mashed white rice)
-yougut

These are the ones I can remember now. I'l sugest you try the pap for 2-3wks first befor gradualy introducing any other thing U feel lik. I started my baby on solid at exactly 6mnths! pap is mild, you can make it very light...dnt forget U introduc a food at a time and wait for like 4days before introducing another(I waited upto a week to intro new food cause my boy is very sensitive...but now two days max)

In all sis, do what you'r comfortable with and if you'r very confused visit the ped. Heard every mum has great instinct, don't ignor yours now!

All the best
pls itmelex i real need help i ve been battling wit my baby she is going to 8 months she doesn't eat i ve tried many tin pls what will i do her d worse part of it is water she doesn't drink it pls real need help urgent
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OMOLADY(f): 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
honeyyetty: maybe she's on d smaller side,or u place her on wellkid multivitamin.

Thanks honeyyeety i will try dis on her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
Thanks @kenny, she has stop b/feeding but all the food u stated here, are just her best friends and she love sugar just the way she loves me, she doesnt eat eba, but semo, and the funny thing is that she like to eat big a once........ So am confused oooooooo...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
debbie: Thanks for the tips! Pls for how long will I boil the fruits? Can it be stored in the fridge for how long? I hear sm pple say de don't put baby fomular in the pap,but use breast milk.how do I put vegetable in de pap? Am gathering my stuffs together.

I boil till its soft enof to mash, not timed it oh. I store the potatoe puree and beans in freezer but not stored fruit puree befor but I'v put blended watamelon mixed with orang extract in fridge stayed for like 3days. Experiment it and we will lik to know how it went

I dont know about the formula stuff but I tried the two oh, formula then breastmilk but my small oga no gree take pap ooo. Most people add formula jor! dont know of veg but my baby's ped recomended adding grinded crayfish, U can also try it with soya plus.....Babies?No be joke oh!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
julicoka: pls itmelex i real need help i ve been battling wit my baby she is going to 8 months she doesn't eat i ve tried many tin pls what will i do her d worse part of it is water she doesn't drink it pls real need help urgent

So sorry oh. Have you tried oranges/multivitamins to boost her appetit? Oranges work well for me. U can try the egg yoke ( just put litle in her mouth to lick ) I gues it can make her thirsty and dont forget she's a baby and may not drink as much as we expect as the quantity may look too small for us. does she urinate well?

Strickly my opinion oh! all d best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
[/b][b]
ayobarmy: Thanks @kenny, she has stop b/feeding but all the food u stated here, are just her best friends and she love sugar just the way she loves me, she doesnt eat eba, but semo, and the funny thing is that she like to eat big a once........ So am confused oooooooo...

lol@the sugar part
Bro Ayo I know how you feel but truth be told, 98% of the work should come from her. She has to see reasons to work on herself and be determined to! I gave birth thru CS and I'm still breastfeeding but I which I can stop TODAY!lol. Why? I need to focus on my diet abeg!

I have always been feeling unhappy about my tummy and added weight, my cute and expensive ahirts can't button at the tummy side. annoying! What got me to my 'senses' was a pics we (my family) took in church two weeks ago with a celebrating family friend. I said NO oh! this is not me!lol. I came up wit a diet fast fast oh and hide somtims to follow it strickly cause hubby will say am breastfeeding.lol. After putting baby to bed, I do a min of 15min exercise befor bathing to sleep. will post the time table I compiled when am very free

bottom line, She has to wiiling and determined then apply decipline.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
itsmelex:

So sorry oh. Have you tried oranges/multivitamins to boost her appetit? Oranges work well for me. U can try the egg yoke ( just put litle in her mouth to lick ) I gues it can make her thirsty and dont forget she's a baby and may not drink as much as we expect as the quantity may look too small for us. does she urinate well?

Strickly my opinion oh! all d best

i do give her multivita,vit c,B complex no improvment.d egg york she refuses it.am always crying everyday about dis pls any other suggestion
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
julicoka: pls itmelex i real need help i ve been battling wit my baby she is going to 8 months she doesn't eat i ve tried many tin pls what will i do her d worse part of it is water she doesn't drink it pls real need help urgent

what does she eat? as in what foods do u give her? does she accept it? have u tried homemade meals? does she eat cereal?isit that she doesnt eat what u offer at all or she takes a little? u need to give more info so mothers on this thread can help u. what i ll sugest first is to give bcomplex syrup only no multivita or vitamin c. it helps boost appetite in babies. when she's hungry, dont give her the breast; offer food in a little quantity.

@Ayobarmy. ur wife may not see herself the way u see her. so she may not be bothered abt the tummy. until she sees herself the way itmelex did.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
cry I feel Ur concern. Dont knw what else oh. Hopfully other mum could help out. If you can force a litle on her tongue Icwas hoping it will creat quest for water...that was how I started initially. stay strong, you'l pull throught and praying she comes around and increas apetit.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
omogemi:

what does she eat? as in what foods do u give her? does she accept it? have u tried homemade meals? does she eat cereal?isit that she doesnt eat what u offer at all or she takes a little? u need to give more info so mothers on this thread can help u. what i ll sugest first is to give bcomplex syrup only no multivita or vitamin c. it helps boost appetite in babies. when she's hungry, dont give her the breast; offer food in a little quantity.

@Ayobarmy. ur wife may not see herself the way u see her. so she may not be bothered abt the tummy. until she sees herself the way itmelex did.

omogemi i ve tried friso rice,cerelac maize,cerelac rice ad pap.all dis tin food she start vomiting it immediately but pap she wil not vomit it but d problem is let d pap to enter her stomach
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
okay now we can start from somewhere. stick to pap for now. do u mix it with milk? moreso dont u think u are giving her too much drugs at the same time? just give bco syrup. my baby used to have the same problem too though she wasnt vomiting

another thing; how do u feed her? as in what position do u place her?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shilees(f): 11:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mothers in the house,may God bless our babies.pls ma baby is 9months plus and has not grown teeth,should I be worried?thks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 1:08am On Jul 25, 2013
omogemi: okay now we can start from somewhere. stick to pap for now. do u mix it with milk? moreso dont u think u are giving her too much drugs at the same time? just give bco syrup. my baby used to have the same problem too though she wasnt vomiting

another thing; how do u feed her? as in what position do u place her?
dat is what i did,i stick to pap,i mix it wit sma milk,i position her head at my left side.pls which type of bco wil i buy pls recommed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 7:19am On Jul 25, 2013
just normal b complex syrup. U can get it @ d pharmacy. I ll suggest u give her 5ml 2ce a day. What u ll do is dis. When u wake up in d morning, breastfeed her. Let her have her fill. When she burps or after abt 10mins, give d b complex. Then go bath her. Dont offer breast again. Instead, go prepare her food. If she wants to sleep aftr d bath let her. But if she dsnt sleep, let her play. When she crys out for d breast again offer her d pap. She may not lyk d position u place her. Try another method. Let her sit in a chair. Or place her on ur lap sitting n sing rhyms for her or any song she likes . Offer her d food and see if she takes. If she dsnt take d pap leave her just dnt offer breast at dt moment. And if she takes a spoon or two, fyn, let her sleep with that. When she wakes u ll offer food again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbie(f): 7:25am On Jul 25, 2013
To me I think there is nothing wrong with it as long as ur baby is healthy.my little boy started growing teeth at almost a year old! They said baby girls develop faster than boys but not in all cases, and hasn't been proven I guess,Don't worry ur baby will surely eat his birthday cake and chicken.........
shilees: Mothers in the house,may God bless our babies.pls ma baby is 9months plus and has not grown teeth,should I be worried?thks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 8:00am On Jul 25, 2013
omogemi: just normal b complex syrup. U can get it @ d pharmacy. I ll suggest u give her 5ml 2ce a day. What u ll do is dis. When u wake up in d morning, breastfeed her. Let her have her fill. When she burps or after abt 10mins, give d b complex. Then go bath her. Dont offer breast again. Instead, go prepare her food. If she wants to sleep aftr d bath let her. But if she dsnt sleep, let her play. When she crys out for d breast again offer her d pap. She may not lyk d position u place her. Try another method. Let her sit in a chair. Or place her on ur lap sitting n sing rhyms for her or any song she likes . Offer her d food and see if she takes. If she dsnt take d pap leave her just dnt offer breast at dt moment. And if she takes a spoon or two, fyn, let her sleep with that. When she wakes u ll offer food again.
thank u maa let me try it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OMOLADY(f): 8:33am On Jul 25, 2013
imurboss: @OMO LADY,is she taking any multivatamins,my baby is also a consumer naturally but now i give her Mim & cod liver oil which makes her eat extra and she has added more weight.Maybe u can try that too,cheers!

Thanks a bunch i will give it a trial.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OMOLADY(f): 8:38am On Jul 25, 2013
itsmelex: Happy happy happy birthday to your babies!!!(ify's world and Omo lady), many more joyful and prosperious years ahead!

@ Omo lady, what was the doc's recomendation abi na only complain him just dey complain? Am sory I dnt knw what to advice, would have said you try giving her vitamines/multivitamines/oranges but you already said she is a consumer! Hope she start adding soonest.

@ify do what you'r comfortable with ooo and leav side-sayers. WHO says breasfeed till two years, our mothers say 1yr, me I say 10months(ONLY A WISH OOO!lol). They can get what they need from peak 123?
***i tap this your twin anointing for my next preg ooo***

Thanks for the wishes and prayer. The doctor said i shud be bringing her every month to check her weight since she feeds fine. I do give her lots of vitamins even oranges is her best fruit.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OMOLADY(f): 8:43am On Jul 25, 2013
imurboss: @OMO LADY,is she taking any multivatamins,my baby is also a consumer naturally but now i give her Mim & cod liver oil which makes her eat extra and she has added more weight.Maybe u can try that too,cheers!

Thanks. I will give it a try
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2013
@julicoka, u can give me a call. smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 10:03am On Jul 25, 2013
Morning mothers, no response to M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ case. Wetin I do una
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:20am On Jul 25, 2013
hello demmykay. what type of antibiotic were u given n how many days? how does d poop look like watery or solid? is he taking d breasts well?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
Tanks omogemi, he is actually taking bosom milk well. I was given suitrox(azithromycin) for 3days and flygy. His poo is watery. I took him back to d clinic today nd was given ocefix(cefixime) to administer for 7days. Pray it soothes him. Once again tanks omogemi
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
Pls mothers, can i give my 16months old baby honey for her cough?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
omogemi: just normal b complex syrup. U can get it @ d pharmacy. I ll suggest u give her 5ml 2ce a day. What u ll do is dis. When u wake up in d morning, breastfeed her. Let her have her fill. When she burps or after abt 10mins, give d b complex. Then go bath her. Dont offer breast again. Instead, go prepare her food. If she wants to sleep aftr d bath let her. But if she dsnt sleep, let her play. When she crys out for d breast again offer her d pap. She may not lyk d position u place her. Try another method. Let her sit in a chair. Or place her on ur lap sitting n sing rhyms for her or any song she likes . Offer her d food and see if she takes. If she dsnt take d pap leave her just dnt offer breast at dt moment. And if she takes a spoon or two, fyn, let her sleep with that. When she wakes u ll offer food again.

Good!! Talking about baby eating time. I also observ (for me) that position, spoon shape, plate or feeding bottle, rhymes... can encourage or discourage babies. Somtimes my son will refuse spoon and take bottle at other times reverse will be the case for the same food oh! when he was 8mnths I must sing befor that food will finish, now no need for that. hmmmm! I even changed this song
...mummy oh oh oh, wa pke laye.... to
...mummy oh oh oh, your food is so sweet, daddy oh oh oh, I love it so much....hahahaha, funny now.lol

It is well.

demmykay: Tanks omogemi, he is actually taking bosom milk well. I was given suitrox(azithromycin) for 3days and flygy. His poo is watery. I took him back to d clinic today nd was given ocefix(cefixime) to administer for 7days. Pray it soothes him. Once again tanks omogemi

Good luck Dear!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Luvlystar: Pls mothers, can i give my 16months old baby honey for her cough?

Sure you can! Heard they can take honey from 1yr. You may want to get a good honey.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
@Julicoka, just thinking about your daughter reminds me of a boy I know, he's 8mnths+ now and doesnt take pap, cerelac, baby formulas... but if you see him with semo ehn? omg! he drags food with adult oh, be it eba, semo, rice, beans...any adult food but semo is his favourite. Have you tried adult food? does she show some interest when adults eat? just thinking sha....Or Omogemi have you also thought in this line? hmmmm! no be joke oh!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 7:46am On Jul 26, 2013
MrMexs007:

Thanks a lot...chilakachukwuemeka@yahoo.ca is my email. Look forward to getting the meal plan.

please did she send it?

can you send to me? corralle@yahoo.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
corrall:

please did she send it?

can you send to me? corralle@yahoo.com

[size=13pt]She did oh...infact eh she also shared a link to trainer Mom's youtube page, oh have I got lots of downloading to do, finally I can put my BIS to GOOD use. Madam is so loving Her hubby right now wink Will send both to you...
[/size]

[size=13pt]Thanks [/size]@Honey86
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
MrMexs007:

Please, send to me too @ mathy205@yahoo.com. Thanks[size=13pt]She did oh...infact eh she also shared a link to trainer Mom's youtube page, oh have I got lots of downloading to do, finally I can put my BIS to GOOD use. Madam is so loving Her hubby right now wink Will send both to you...
[/size]

[size=13pt]Thanks [/size]@Honey86

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Shedrack36(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.