Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401456 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
aye88:
Hello everyone, pls there's this pimple like spot on my baby's hand. What can I use for her. Thanks

Looks like impetigo to me. Google it up and see a Dr as soon as you can!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
OmogeNG:

Ori can sometimes do more damage than good. My son reacted TERRIBLY to Ori. It worsened his already existing rash. You should look into stopping the ori for now.
Sis u r so on point. My baby's bum is darker than the rest of his body and it's the only place I rub ori. He also have rashes when rubbed on him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
MiracleMum:
@ Mamacajah Please drop your recipe for mashed potatoes or do you use the one you described earlier (recipe from a friend).
I have pasted one below that i intend to try out but i have issues with the boldened part. Dont know how it will be preserved after adding formula. Mama's that know better, please put me through. Thank you.

How to make Potato Puree:
Ingredients:
Potato - 1 medium size (fresh & white variety)
Formula Milk Powder - 1 scoop ( I use lactogen )
Water - 3 to 4 tblspn + for boiling potatoes

Method:
Take a firm, fresh, white potato. Peel it and cube them. Wash it well in cold water.

Add it to a sauce pan, cover it with clean water. Put it on stove and bring it to boil.

Simmer the flame and cook till the potatoes are tender. This will take around 15 mins.

Now drain it and put it in a bowl. Mash it up in a mortar or blender.

Now to make the puree creamy, make some formula milk. Dissolve some formula milk powder which you are using for your baby in some warm water. Pour this over the mashed potato and mash it more to make it creamy.

Transfer this to a bowl and feed your baby with a spoon.
I only add formula to the one he's eating soon. If u r freezing u can always add formula prior to feeding

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
Instead of white potato y not use sweet potato, it's more nutritious
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2015
God bless u for this post. same applies to me, work mon to fri, take Lo to office creche, cant stop at d market etc, n after doing d house chores on sat i get so tired, pls kindly share more recipies if u have more, ur post has helped n sharing more will b great. tnx
mamacajah:

I use president or oldenberg..any foreign butter sold in the supermarkets is fine. Someone also taught me her method. Get carrots, sweet pea, fish (titus) and potatoes. Boil the carrots, peas and potatoes together. boil fish seperate, de-bone and mash. once boiled, put the potato mixture into a blender, add the mashed fish, a little water and blend. It produces a smooth nutrious pudding.
Keep in freezer. when you want to warm, dethraw the food, either use microwave or put a little president butter on the frying pan and add the food for warming. Tastes delicious.

I also followed the advice here, bought basmati rice, boiled it, grinded it into rice pudding.
Then I served it with either milk or my special stew sauce.
Stew sauce: buy tomatoes, onions, pepper (shonbo-non peppery), beef, chicken and fish.
Boiled all the meat and fish. debone and mash fish, meat. For the meat, I used my salad grater to grate the beef and chicken. Blend the tomatoes ingredients. Put on fire to boil with a little oil. when cooked, add the mashed meat/fish, including little salt to taste and mix. Voila -tomatoes sauce with mashed mixed meat.

Its not been easy trying all the recipes I get here becos I work all week, take her with me for office creche and can't stop at the market on the way home lipsrsealed but I now a system of cooking her meals on Saturday for the week, freezing it and bring it out when I need it. Thank GOD for improved light situation. grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2015
shndy:

I only add formula to the one he's eating soon. If u r freezing u can always add formula prior to feeding

ok. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2015
shndy:
Instead of white potato y not use sweet potato, it's more nutritious

I thought as much too. I got the recipe online, i'm yet to try it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
MiracleMum:
@ Mamacajah Please drop your recipe for mashed potatoes or do you use the one you described earlier (recipe from a friend).
I have pasted one below that i intend to try out but i have issues with the boldened part. Dont know how it will be preserved after adding formula. Mama's that know better, please put me through. Thank you.

Ingredients:

Method:
Take a firm, fresh, white potato. Peel it and cube them. Wash it well in cold water.

Add it to a sauce pan, cover it with clean water. Put it on stove and bring it to boil.

Simmer the flame and cook till the potatoes are tender. This will take around 15 mins.

Now to make the puree creamy, make some formula milk. Dissolve some formula milk powder which you are using for your baby in some warm water. Pour this over the mashed potato and mash it more to make it creamy.

Cc sayoberry

Pls tell me when to stop o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
OmogeNG:

So you are on the group too...nice. Happy everyone found it and joined.
Pls mamas in the group should help post the link. We would rily appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
Pls my mamas, what fruits are to safe to use to make natural juices and smoothies for my 6 month old son?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bims87(f): 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
aye88:
Hello everyone, pls there's this pimple like spot on my baby's hand. What can I use for her. Thanks

That's called Alefo in Yoruba language. People say it's mostly fat babies or babies that have tendencies to be fat that often have it(Old wives' tale). My baby had it and when I took him to the hospital(during resident Doc's strike) ,the matron that attended to me said it's nothing and asked me to apply a topical cream (Clotriderm)that I was given on his hands and if it doesn't get better in 2 days I should bring him back to the hospital. It cleared up within 2 days. He had it again like a month later on his palm and at the back of his hands too and I still applied the cream and it cleared up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by aye88: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
bims87:

That's called Alefo in Yoruba language. People say it's mostly fat babies or babies that have tendencies to be fat that often have it(Old wives' tale). My baby had it and when I took him to the hospital(during resident Doc's strike) ,the matron that attended to me said it's nothing and asked me to apply a topical cream (Clotriderm)that I was given on his hands and if it doesn't get better in 2 days I should bring him back to the hospital. It cleared up within 2 days. He had it again like a month later on his palm and at the back of his hands too and I still applied the cream and it cleared up.

God bless you for this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bims87(f): 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2015
aye88:

God bless you for this

Amen and u too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
FexCathy:
Pls my mamas, what fruits are to safe to use to make natural juices and smoothies for my 6 month old son?
Apple, pear, plum, avocado, banana.
For apple,pear and plum, peel, remove seed , cut into small pieces and steam (little water in a pan and reduce heat) till soft. U can mash or puree.
Banana and avocado doesn't need to be cooked. Just peel banana, cut and mash/puree.
*Slice avocado from side to side, remove d seed and scoop out d flesh, mash/puree

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
shndy:

For apple,pear and plum, peel, remove seed , cut into small pieces and steam (little water in a pan and reduce heat) till soft. U can mash or puree.
Banana and avocado doesn't need to be cooked. Just peel banana, cut and mash/puree.
*Slice avocado from side to side, remove d seed and scoop out d flesh, mash/puree
Can I give him watermelon juice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shawbabe: 10:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
Didn't even know this thread exists and I was stuck in the Travel birth thread asking questions.

My baby is 5 months, is it safe to start giving her soups, fruits, mashed potatoes and fish?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 1:14am On Sep 08, 2015
FexCathy:

Pls mamas in the group should help post the link. We would rily appreciate it.

Search for Ask the Paediatricians on Facebook.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 2:21am On Sep 08, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 2:22am On Sep 08, 2015
D group is closed that's y they r not seeing it

OmogeNG:

Search for Ask the Paediatricians on Facebook.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 2:27am On Sep 08, 2015
http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/solidfood4to6montholdbaby.htm

Shawbabe:
Didn't even know this thread exists and I was stuck in the Travel birth thread asking questions.

My baby is 5 months, is it safe to start giving her soups, fruits, mashed potatoes and fish?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaoyekemi(f): 7:50am On Sep 08, 2015
Gud morning beautiful mamas,pls my daughter stomach is always making some funny noise and she stretch weneva it makes does funny noise,and again my daughter as been battling with cough and cattarh for some days now we were given JAWACLOX antibiotic and vitamin C but it seems it only reduce BT d cattarch is still dere.I always feel her pains wen d cattarch is disturbing her and makes breathing a little bit difficult for her.pls any suggestion on wat to use.she will b 3mnth by Sunday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 8:36am On Sep 08, 2015
temmy2103:

Can I give him watermelon juice
Depends on the age of ur baby. SM give at 6mths sm at 8mths.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 8:40am On Sep 08, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamacajah: 8:52am On Sep 08, 2015
MiracleMum:

Ingredients:

Method:

Yes I use the recipe I described. This looks good but you can't add milk to all. only to the amount you want to serve. I preserve mine the way it is. Hmm I have got to try this one. I only use butter for her potatoes. grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 10:03am On Sep 08, 2015
shndy:

Depends on the age of ur baby. SM give at 6mths sm at 8mths.
Thanx, he's 6-months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2015
shndy:

I made the banana puree yesterday and fed my daughter. she collected it but vomitted everything almost immediately. Chai, i felt like slapping her. She's not been eating for some weeks, holds food in her mouth like forever and when she finally swallows it - she will refuse to open her mouth for another feed. the thing don tire me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2015
MiracleMum:

I made the banana puree yesterday and fed my daughter. she collected it but vomitted everything almost immediately. Chai, i felt like slapping her. She's not been eating for some weeks, holds food in her mouth like forever and when she finally swallows it - she will refuse to open her mouth for another feed. the thing don tire me
No slap am o a beg, lol. Was it thick? Don't feel frustrated sis, those sweeties' cn be funny. U can try again with just little feed, den u cn gradually increase it.
About not eating, my baby does dt too at times but he eats well at the creche, ppl said it's cos he knows he's with his mother
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 11:57am On Sep 08, 2015
Hahahahahaha my dear u just quoted my son as regards holdin food inside mouth. My son can hold food inside his mouth for 1hr. It's really frustrating. Though he is a large eater.

My new method now is to make sure he is very hungry b4 I feed him. With that he swallows d food but when he is almost full, he starts storing d food in his mouth and I give him water to push it in.

MiracleMum:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by onose01(f): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
Good day ladies. Its nice to know all these wonderful and sabi mamas on this thread. Una weldone plenty!
Pls my son is 6months old. He has rashes on his face for almost 2 wks now. It has even extended to his neck and back. The one at his back is in patches. I hv bn using ori since his birth but now I am confused. I thought it wld go on its own but its just stubborn. Pls what will I use? I need to solve this b4 talking abt his food. Feeding him na big wahala grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
shndy:

No slap am o a beg, lol. Was it thick? Don't feel frustrated sis, those sweeties' cn be funny. U can try again with just little feed, den u cn gradually increase it.
About not eating, my baby does dt too at times but he eats well at the creche, ppl said it's cos he knows he's with his mother

It wasnt thick oh. She eats at the creche as i was told, but with me - it's a no no. she just wants to play with every part of my body then when she is sleepy she'd just take little breastmilk and doze off.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zuriela: 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hello Mummies,
Pls join our BBM channel (online shop) for trendy, quality and affordable Children C00220270 you will fall in love with what you see...For the Kids we love
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nita2013:
D group is closed that's y they r not seeing it

It does not matter. It is a closed group, not a secret group. The only thing is they will need to join to get updates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.