Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395314 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Deezou(f): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Vegetable soup
Ok thanks.will do dat asap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2015
Hello mamas, how are your LO. Hope everyone is okay. Haven't heard from you dunasy. Hope you're okay, you keep on entering my mind though.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hernyolar:

You this woman, you wan ma prouddad detbeg comon, go luk for fp do jare and give oga the 'do' grin

As per the hair, my 7months DD's hair is so full and all curls..imo, I think it depends on how you treat the hair.

kisses to little proudy

Lol ayaf hear o sis...My baby's hair is curly too n we dnt want 2 cut it now jare...Thanks 4 ur response. My love 2 ur lo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
sheweezy:

Had same issue with MIL cos my sons hair is full and curly and he sweats alot on his head that MIL said I should go cut it. In my mind I said this fine hair will snap one year pishure. U don't have to cut it my dear. The hair he will cut taya.

Abi ooo. Thanks jare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
lamdec:

You might not menstruate for up to a year if you are breastfeeding, but you may start ovulating at 6weeks. Please look for a convinent family planning option ASAP.

I will dear. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
MiracleMum:
With my daughter, if you like use syringe oh - put the drug under the tongue or by the side she will spit everything out. or hide it in her mouth then when you look away she will turn her head to the side and bring out everything. So i had to do it the "soldier way" (I know some mothers will crucify me now but its for her good and also mine). I spank her a little on her toes, once she opens her mouth to cry i quickly drop the drug and next thing she swallows it. Then i pet her. shikena

I also discovered another way to make her swallow drugs. i tickle her then while she opens her mouth to laugh i quickly drop and kpere she swallows it - mission accomplished.

grin

Soldier way works for stubborn little boys more than sweet babies in my family. I have used a live chicken to scare someone to screaming point just to get him to eat his food. He may need Therapy when he grows up but he finished that food that afternoon. I also threatened to hold another one under water in the bathtub if he kept annoying me.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pelupelu:
we are very fine....thanks ma,e ku itoju lil proudy..na vigilante no dey gree me do anything, my twin boy can cryyyy.infact is crying now

Eyeah,abiamo ku oro omo. Isu omo ajina fun wa je o.Amin..My kisses 2 dem

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thanks mothers oh. May God bless una in this forum. May God bless and keep our LOs

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
NoQualms1:
Good day sabi mamas, I trust our Los are doing well. Please where can I get good tombrown in Lagos apart from the Mrs Debbie ? Thank you.

Awaiting responses. Thank you mamas.

To mums that have done their LOs one year birthday, I need ideas for a simple party of about 50 adults and 50 children. Thanks mamas.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
My dear it's ur budget u ll av to work with. What u intend to spend is what will determine d things u can av

NoQualms1:

To mums that have done their LOs one year birthday, I need ideas for a simple party of about 50 adults and 50 children. Thanks mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:14am On Oct 10, 2015
SAMBARRY broken it down before let me down again

parlour Parry means small party. The child doesn't have to invite all his classmates in school and Sunday school class. Tell him to just invite 3 of his close friends in class
3of his close friends in the neighbourhood and 3of his close friends in church making 9 children

there are affordable low price cakes. Find one struggling caterer you can tell to bake you better cake of not more than 5k.at most 7k

rice of 8 derica is ok . One derica is 200 naira, so making it 200naira x 8 cups is1600 naira.

tomato 400 naira, pepper 200 naira is ok then 100 naira onions, 50naira Maggi, thyme of 80 naira making it 830naira then buy 2kilo of turkey. A kilo is 800 naira so 2 will be 1600 naira

photographs shouldn't be more than 2k

A pack of plastic coke is 2k.mix it with fanta another 2k making it 4k.no need for dj.na parlour party. Just make the environment children friendly and put children music on

those that want to play video game should go to another section of the sitting room

No need to buy water. Water is in the dispenser near the dinning table. Any child that wants water should indicate

then pack of sweet is 400 naira

Big bowl of ice cream is 1500 just pour some inside small plastic cups for them

decorate the sitting room with balloons. Just buy 150 naira balloons

calculate all that money and tell me if e reach 10k talk more of 40k

.you people just believe that if you've not done a big party for kids you've not done anything

souvenirs too shouldn't be too expensive. Inside the souvenir will be exercise book of 100 naira. Put 3sweet and 3chewing gum. Buy sweet of 3 ten naira and chewing gum 10 naira making it 20 naira. Put eraser 5m 30 naira and pencil 10 naira inside the souvenir small nylon as take away for 9 kids lobatan

The reason why kiddies party go overboard is because of ADULTS. at the end of the day you displace the kids and the kids have no other choice than to sit back and watch. Some adults don't even know their actions make kids feel bad

Ask him to invite his friends and classmates His birthday is all about celebrating him and not you. Put them in groups, find a couple games for them to play( including board games), take pictures while they are doing one activity or the other, cut the cake when it is almost time, serve them the food then send them off to their homes.

It is his birthday not the family's. That is why he should be the one doing the invitataon. You want to have a personal swell time, get him involved in the food preparation (he can help out with the tasting and mixing albeit with your supervision), also you can ask him to choose the colours for the decoration.

Please don't act like our typical Nigerian parents who turn their kid's birthday into a society affair. There is no reason for an adult to present at a kid's birthday. You don't need speakers or chairs, if your living room is big enough- decorate it for them. You also do not need 20 kids, there is nothing wrong with having 10 kids around.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 3:39am On Oct 10, 2015
@onegai,

The problem is this phrase in Yoruba "I hear, I branch"

Those kids will invite their siblings and neighbours. Then the neighbours will invite their own friends too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 6:33am On Oct 10, 2015
proudmom38:

I will dear. Thanks
Be sure to check with your health care official first to weigh your options cos the early (at least 2 months) after childbirth the better to prevent 'gbege' . Natural family planning is good without side effects.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2015
NoQualms1:

I had a Minnie Mouse themed party. Ordered all the Minnie Mouse deco and stuff from aliexpress In china

Decorated the house
Ordered a Minnie Mouse cake
Then a cold stone cake for the adults
Got a caterer to cook
No party pack. Think it's ridiculous for a one year old birthday
Bought some ice cream
Bought some soft drinks
Got a good photographer cuz I wanted a photo book - memories
Invited friends that had kids and also family

Total of 50 people or less including the kids

Had it all in my sitting room

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 9:50am On Oct 10, 2015
Goodm mamas, pls my is having stomach rumbling due 2 naval wht shld i give her.2.which type milk wil use being that i need tea
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2015
MGeey:
Hello mamas, how are your LO. Hope everyone is okay. Haven't heard from you dunasy. Hope you're okay, you keep on entering my mind though.

Good morning ma'am,

how's u and the family doing? believe blessed.

I am doing very well, thanks for the mention ( i just dey form reading mode)

My LO keeps me busy always( breastfeeding things ) .

May God keep them for us. AMEEEEEEEEEEEN

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 11:12am On Oct 10, 2015
Good morning house, pls my LO took the bcg vaccine 12 days after birth and up till now she does not have the scar to show for it(she will be 3 months old tomorrow). Do i need to go back to the hospital to complain or its normal for some people not to have the scar.
Abeg also i need methods to get my baby to take bottle o, i've been on that now for a week and i'm no way winning. Resumption back to work is knocking on my door and i'm scared of starting creche for her. Thanks peeps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2015
@keji3, I didn't notice the bcg scar on my baby till he was 4 months. I think u should chill for some time, other mammas can add sha.
I never won bottle feeding with my baby as well, I just started spoon feeding him with the formula and he took spoon better than the bottle. Spoon may be slow though just be patient.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 11:42am On Oct 10, 2015
MiracleMum:

Sunday market Ogba - from wempco road enter the second gate. the lady just after the gate on your left. They have several others that sell ogi omode (children's pap) but i have only tried this lady's own.
her name and contact is in the image attached. she pasted this on the bowl i bought. She sells for 1k and 2k, i bought the bowl of 1k for trial.

M sorry if this question sounds somehow. Forgive my being naive! Is this ogi in powder form or its been mixed with water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 11:58am On Oct 10, 2015
customised87:

M sorry if this question sounds somehow. Forgive my being naive! Is this ogi in powder form or its been mixed with water?

its the normal way ogi comes ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2015
MiracleMum:

its the normal way ogi comes ma.
Ok,thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
Onegai:

grin

Soldier way works for stubborn little boys more than sweet babies in my family. I have used a live chicken to scare someone to screaming point just to get him to eat his food. He may need Therapy when he grows up but he finished that food that afternoon. I also threatened to hold another one under water in the bathtub if he kept annoying me.

Jesus Christ!!! Madam you are strong!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
Nita2013:
Ok dear thanks. Actually thought u were talking about all those things we read about radioactive stuff in microwave. Pls send d picture of d flask.

The smallest flask in the image didnt keep water hot up to 2 hours but the others did for 2 days, so i just guessed its because that one is stainless and not colour coated like others. I use the food flask there, next to the stainless for her pap and it keeps it fresh and hot.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
Good morning mamas, please can I be taking lime n Lipton? Hope it won't affect my baby cos she is only 5weeks plus on on ebf.thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
sheweezy:

@keji3, I didn't notice the bcg scar on my baby till he was 4 months. I think u should chill for some time, other mammas can add sha.
I never won bottle feeding with my baby as well, I just started spoon feeding him with the formula and he took spoon better than the bottle. Spoon may be slow though just be patient.

Ok thanks i appreciate, i'll chill out on the bcg. Waoh spoon feeding formula well i'll try that out today. This babe is so starting cereal next month so help me God
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
Keji3:
Good morning house, pls my LO took the bcg vaccine 12 days after birth and up till now she does not have the scar to show for it(she will be 3 months old tomorrow). Do i need to go back to the hospital to complain or its normal for some people not to have the scar.
Abeg also i need methods to get my baby to take bottle o, i've been on that now for a week and i'm no way winning. Resumption back to work is knocking on my door and i'm scared of starting creche for her. Thanks peeps

Wait till she's hungry before offering her a bottle.
Let someone else also feed with bottle and try to step outside the environment she may accept it.
Some children move straight to spoon and bowl. Explore that too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shrekandfiona: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
Just registering my presence after following for a while in stealth mode. Vigilante mamas, shrek dey hail o

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shrekandfiona: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
Abeg my question be say I circumcise my boy at 5 weeks and he is going to 7 weeks now the ring never fall off o. My hubby wants to take him to the doc that did the circumcision to remove it but am afraid of bleeding.

Is this normal? I want to chill till the 3rd week and see if it will fall off but hubby thinks otherwise. We did the plastibel (ring)

Secondly also did his bcg immunization same time but he was given on his lower arm. I asked the nurse why cos I tot its usually on the upper arm . She didn't give me any satisfactory response so I say make I ask sabi mamas here o. Thanks for your answers

cc: kaffy4bill, Modath, onegai, lovinam and all sabi vigilante mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
babythug:

Wait till she's hungry before offering her a bottle.
Let someone else also feed with bottle and try to step outside the environment she may accept it.
Some children move straight to spoon and bowl. Explore that too

I've tried the hungry before bottle approach, she no gree. I'll try the spoon method and give feedback. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
MiracleMum:

The smallest flask in the image didnt keep water hot up to 2 hours but the others did for 2 days, so i just guessed its because that one is stainless and not colour coated like others. I use the food flask there, next to the stainless for her pap and it keeps it fresh and hot.

Ooooo, I never knew they have food flask too.

I use the haers stainless flask, it keeps water hot for 2 days.

Maybe that one is fake or bad production.

Did you fully immerse it in water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dharmsexy(f): 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
Keji3
I was told at d health center I use for my LOs dt d scar is expected to show within six months of taking d vaccine. If after six months of taking it and nothing happens den u take her back fr anoda shot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
shrekandfiona,

Howdy, how baby, don't know much about this cos my big kid's few off within 5days & LBK's was done & wrapped with GAUZE....

...so asked for an Expert's opinion & was told to ask you to go to the hospital as it's supposed to fall off at most within 10 days & the that immunisation on the forearm too is strange...

@mama keji3,

Keji3:

Ok thanks i appreciate, i'll chill out on the bcg. Waoh spoon feeding formula well i'll try that out today. This babe is so starting cereal next month so help me God

mummmy wa, ejo ma, please help us till 4mths, thank you ma... wink

Don't be scared about creche, get recommendations of good ones from trusted people, pick one & PRAY about your choice...... & also do what we do, smiley, ethics be damned, na pikin we dey talk about..... sad

Mark one staff & "be financially & recharge "cardedly" nice to the person, the person will make sure princess gets the requisite care to ensure you don't stop.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.