Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391510 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
mytestimony:

Hope this helps

Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ElizabethJason: 7:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=babythug post=38757534]

To wean a child from breast milk is best done in stages.

You should introduce the adult food/flavours in stages and in small bits.

Many mums start off with cereals- pap, cerelac, gerber brand of cereals, custard etc etc.

You can also try some noodles cooked to a pulp,boiled fish, amala and ewedu, potatoes- sweet and irish variety etc etc but it must be very very soft!

Don't have high expectations at first.

Then ensure he's hungry so that he may accept a few spoons.

[/quote
@babythug thanks alot for your prompt response. I really appreciate the advice given, would definitely put it into practice. Once again thank you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
@beedam where have u been seIf I miss u o troublesome beedam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by igb400: 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
Good evening mama's pls how do they make this fortified pap. For those dat add soya, do u soak d soya like d millet b4 grinding? Someone also talked of adding groundnut? Pls help!!!! Want to cut cost of cereals b4 dh riots. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
shndy:

Mama hw old is ur baby? How do u my his Moimoi. Tx

over 7months

essentially its same way u do moimoi for adult o. peel n wash d beans, blend it with onions n pepper if u want (tatase or bawa pls not chilli/rodo). you can add skimmed egg yolk and/or blended crayfish (I don't usually do since he takes these in other foods but I'm sure it will make the moimoi richer) add ur vegetable or palm oil. then put it in d leaves for moimoi (I use leaves. u can also use tin or nylon so far they are clean). n cook in a pot with little water for about forty mins. I don't add salt or any seasoning

I usually blend his beans separately from that of everyone else but cook it in same pot as that of the entire family but I mark his so I can recognise it. that way I don't av to cook his separately. I keep d moimoi in freezer n cut out in small bits when needed

hope the info answers ur question

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 5:23am On Oct 08, 2015
Hello Everyone, been a while. Someone told me a story yesterday, its from a song in his native dialect & felt compelled to share...

[b]Two childless women went to an herbalist to seek for babies, he told them he could help, they'd have the babies but run mad thereafter.

One of the women agreed while the other bluntly refused.

Fast forward a year after, the child free woman still went back but the herbalist said the condition hasn't changed, while the other that had become a mother went as well & said "Baba I thought you said I'd run Mad as soon as I have this baby?, but look at me very sane.

The herbalist laughed & put forth the following questions forth;

1.Do you talk to this baby who does not understand a word of what you say?

2. Do you dance withhout hearing music when this baby is crying?

3. Do you love this baby more than everything in this world including your own self..

The woman looked at the man strangely & said yes of course, It is my own baby!!!

The herbalist said "That is the madness cos without this baby in your hand, All the actions will be considered ABNORMAL. You are madly in love..[/b]

I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH MY LBK... smiley

God bless & keep our LOs..

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 7:16am On Oct 08, 2015
Mo,pls can you giv me the link to that pregnant thread?
modath:

Hello Everyone, been a while. Someone told me a story yesterday, its from a song in his native dialect & felt compelled to share...

I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH MY LBK... smiley

God bless & keep our LOs..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 7:21am On Oct 08, 2015
ahnie:
Mo,pls can you giv me the link to that pregnant thread?

Hi, which one??

Is there another, Apart from the other one on health board?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 7:39am On Oct 08, 2015
The one created by ma'am agiboma.
modath:

Hi, which one??
Is there another, Apart from the other one on health board?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 7:57am On Oct 08, 2015
Good marwin mamas in the hauz.pls my baby temperature is something x.reason being that,we went for immunization yesterday..penta3.i gave lil zee paracetamon after the injection,but she often run temp,i gave her pcm every six hours.we cudnt sleep last nyt.what shud i do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 8:11am On Oct 08, 2015
Morn mamas in d house, nid clarification pls. For those who gv dia kids food to creche @ what months or age did u start putting food for ur kids to be fed in creche.
Call me paranoid(yea I'll gladly acept cos d fear of choking is real) bt I jst can't put food lik say rice yam etc for dem to feed her @ creche, I'll rather feed her myslf @ home wen I gt bk frm work. So for now we just take cereals, ogi, egg etc to creche.
Lovinam,modath,tchiwinnie,kaffy4bill,
She wil b 1yr dis month, wen cn I start and what kinds of food, ideas plsssss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2015
Hi dear, it depends on d kind of creche to me because I believe they should kno how to feed a child in d d creche. I give my son 3 meals when goin to creche. He eats b4 goin and I made a time table. Today I put, cerelac, boiled sweet potatoe/stew/egg yoke and indomie in his bag. For home made food,they microwave a little b4 feeding them.

Gr8fulHeart:
Morn mamas in d house, nid clarification pls. For those who gv dia kids food to creche @ what months or age did u start putting food for ur kids to be fed in creche.
Call me paranoid(yea I'll gladly acept cos d fear of choking is real) bt I jst can't put food lik say rice yam etc for dem to feed her @ creche, I'll rather feed her myslf @ home wen I gt bk frm work. So for now we just take cereals, ogi, egg etc to creche.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2015
Nita2013:
Hi dear, it depends on d kind of creche to me because I believe they should kno how to feed a child in d d creche. I give my son 3 meals when goin to creche. He eats b4 goin and I made a time table. Today I put, cerelac, boiled sweet potatoe/stew/egg yoke and indomie in his bag. For home made food,they microwave a little b4 feeding them.

Nita thnks, ur creche must b very standard.
Pls hw old is ur son? Is he more than 1yr. Has he gotten molars and premolars?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 8:49am On Oct 08, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:

cheesy grin

You are a mum true true, thinking of how many ways things could go wrong.. grin

Follow @Nita2013' s advise minus Indomie, I'd prefer very very soft boiled spaghetti.

Noodles are not healthy,even for adults.

You can also add rice, well cooked beans & don't forget fish as well...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2015
Good morning great mothers....pls when can i stop bathing my baby with warm water and start using room temperature water? Thank y'all

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2015
ahnie:
Asaba,delta state ma'am.

Oh, its a lagos address i have.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:04am On Oct 08, 2015
Megilicious:
@miraclemum pls wher in ogba does d prsn sell it, I dnt mind going I stay @ berger

Sunday market Ogba - from wempco road enter the second gate. the lady just after the gate on your left. They have several others that sell ogi omode (children's pap) but i have only tried this lady's own.
her name and contact is in the image attached. she pasted this on the bowl i bought. She sells for 1k and 2k, i bought the bowl of 1k for trial.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:06am On Oct 08, 2015
MiracleMum:

Oh, its a lagos address i have.

May I have that address? Thanks smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 11:01am On Oct 08, 2015
He is 1yr old (September 26th). He doesn't av molars nor premolars yet. I make sure I extra cook his food so it's always very soft

Gr8fulHeart:

Nita thnks, ur creche must b very standard.
Pls hw old is ur son? Is he more than 1yr. Has he gotten molars and premolars?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2015
I make indomie without using d spice at all. I mix it with stew or egg.

modath:

cheesy grin

You are a mum true true, thinking of how many ways things could go wrong.. grin

Follow @Nita2013' s advise minus Indomie, I'd prefer very very soft boiled spaghetti.

Noodles are not healthy,even for adults.

You can also add rice, well cooked beans & don't forget fish as well...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 11:43am On Oct 08, 2015
Nita2013:
I make indomie without using d spice at all. I mix it with stew or egg.

Babe, no judgement, not at all... wink

Still fighting a major battle weaning my big kids off noodles as it is & i ain't winning yet... cheesy

The problem with noodles isn't the monosodium glutamate in the seasoning only, the binding agent that gives it that shape & the preservatives no be play play as well.

If you parboil a bit & strain the water before adding the other stuff, it is not so bad.....

We are all learning on the job, it is well. kiss

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 11:47am On Oct 08, 2015
Please help me o. My baby was stooling nd running temp.Wwhen d ttemperature was not going down I took her to d hosp. We ran test for mp and fbc. All were gd nd no malaria. But d doct insists on treating malaria and giving antibiotics. Please I am nt comfortable giving her drugs just like dat even after test is negative. Please help me o
Cc kaffy4bill
Tchiwinnie
Lovinam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
mytestimony:
Please help me o. My baby was stooling nd running temp.Wwhen d ttemperature was not going down I took her to d hosp. We ran test for mp and fbc. All were gd nd no malaria. But d doct insists on treating malaria and giving antibiotics. Please I am nt comfortable giving her drugs just like dat even after test is negative. Please help me o
Cc kaffy4bill
Tchiwinnie
Lovinam

If no malaria parasite or infection was found , just carry your precious & ruuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Nothing like prophylactic care, no bueno...

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mamas pls I ve 2 questions o.... 1. Is it compulsory 2 cut baby's hair after birth? 2. My baby is 10wks today n I'm yet 2 see my menses,is it normal?

Note: I never kpekus ooo cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Onegai:

May I have that address? Thanks smiley

Scroll up ma, the address is there.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nita and modath thnks. Hv picked smtins frm ur coments dt I'll work on

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
modath:

If no malaria parasite or infection was found , just carry your precious & ruuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Nothing like prophylactic care, no bueno...

If she runs from hospital ma, where else should she go to? Herbalist?
@Mytestimony get another opinion from a different and good hospital - make sure its a pediatrician you are seeing. Consistent high temp in a baby is a sign of something wrong.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2015
MiracleMum:

If she runs from hospital ma, where else should she go to? Herbalist?
@Mytestimony get another opinion from a different and good hospital - make sure its a pediatrician you are seeing. Consistent high temp in a baby is a sign of something wrong.

She will go to baba egbeji nah.. grin

On a more serious note, if test is done & no malaria or infection is found, would you advise anti malaria & antibiotic,, of course she should ruuuuunnnnnn away to another hospital with competent paed.

it is likely flu or major teething induced fever.....

I am no doctor, but i have senior pediatric consultants on speed dial... wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
proudmom38:
Mamas pls I ve 2 questions o.... 1. Is it compulsory 2 cut baby's hair after birth? 2. My baby is 10wks today n I'm yet 2 see my menses,is it normal?

Note: I never kpekus ooo cheesy
its nt compulsory. Very normal. some pple don't see until they stop breastfeeding. mine returned after abt 5months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
mytestimony:
Cc kaffy4bill
Tchiwinnie
Lovinam
The truth is dat just 1 negative mp does not rule out malaria. Ideally, u shld test for malaria up to 3x, wt each abt 8hrs apart. So its actually possible to have negative mp but still have malaria.
That said, how old is ur baby? If u re not comfortable wt wot ur Dr prescribed, u can go to anoda hospital. Since fbc was normal, u may not need d antibiotics. how s s stooling now? Were u given oral zinc and ors?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
Keji3:
Good morning great mothers....pls when can i stop bathing my baby with warm water and start using room temperature water? Thank y'all

It's entirely up to you and of course dependent on the weather at the time of bathing!

You feel the water on your own body/skin first and can intuitively tell if it won't cause the child to catch a cold.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.