Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4421075 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nefertitiram: 10:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
missmalachi:
Pls mama's, tomorrow will be my 6wks post delivery.for d past 3days, I have been spoting wit mild waist pain but this evening d blood was much lik i ws in my period.
Could it be my period or do I need to go to hospital?

Hehehehe, you sef de this boat? Howz the LO? I had mild back pains to but paid no attention. Only to see bleeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nefertitiram: 11:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
cancerlib:
Pls does anyone know De Prince supermarket? Are they well stocked in baby food? Shoprite Ikeja is heartbreaking! Or any other good store pls.....ogba, Ikeja, Berger axis
Tx

Very stocked.
I was there on saturday. Gbagada store, near deeper life
Infact their prices match american store prices.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 1:43am On Oct 15, 2015
nefertitiram:
Hi mamas,
Abeg see me see wahala o!
My LO is 7 weeks today, and I just found some bleeding.
I am breastfeeding but not exclusively, and -m thinking it's too early to have a period naaa!
I have been stressed out lately, wondering if it could be stress.

Help me out, biko

Don't worry. I had a one off period at 7 wks too. Dint get it for almost a year after then
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 1:43am On Oct 15, 2015
nefertitiram:
Hi mamas,
I am breastfeeding but not exclusively, and -m thinking it's too early to have a period naaa!

Help me out, biko
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 6:54am On Oct 15, 2015
missmalachi:
Pls mama's, tomorrow will be my 6wks post delivery.for d past 3days, I have been spoting wit mild waist pain but this evening d blood was much lik i ws in my period.
Could it be my period or do I need to go to hospital?

It's nt impossible, cld b ur period. Body make up differs and u mite nt see it again til u stop bf and u mite start seeing it every month. Pls do go for ur post natal clinic and talk to ur midwife/doc. Ao is ur lo doin? Sure gr8, my love
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 6:55am On Oct 15, 2015
nefertitiram:
Hi mamas,

Help me out, biko

Body make up differs, could b d stress and maybe dat u hv started. All d best, my love to ur lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 8:26am On Oct 15, 2015
Onegai:

It doesn't matter how old they start, it's what they learn and in what environment. My nephews go to one expensive (N1mil per annum for both boys) Montessori and the only good thing I see is that at least it's a safe environment and they keep the kids happy there, but half of the kids sounded like Fulbright Scholars and the other half sounded like they spent a looootttt of time with their uneducated nannies at home watching AfricaMagic. Meanwhile another cousin whose kids go to school (N450, 000 per annum) sound just as smart as the first group. Each child progresses according to the PARENT (who is the one that has the time to sit with the kids, go through homework together with them and reinforce the lessons learned in school). School gives them interactions with other kids (good) but a good teacher is a must (rare in these parts) but what they learn the most is from you.
thank u so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 9:02am On Oct 15, 2015
Hahahahahaha nefertitiram u too funny. My period started exactly 5weeks after delivery. So it may be it and it may just be for one month till later

nefertitiram:
Hi mamas,

Help me out, biko
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 9:09am On Oct 15, 2015
nefertitiram:

Hehehehe, you sef de this boat? Howz the LO? I had mild back pains to but paid no attention. Only to see bleeding.
Teamie, its like me n you are doing bumper to pumper oooo.how is our adorable princess doing?hope u are back now.do takia
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 9:11am On Oct 15, 2015
kaffy4bill:

It's nt impossible, cld b ur period. Body make up differs and u mite nt see it again til u stop bf and u mite start seeing it every month. Pls do go for ur post natal clinic and talk to ur midwife/doc. Ao is ur lo doin? Sure gr8, my love
Thank u so much our able nurse.i will be going for my 6wks check up today I will discuss it with my doctor. Hope to visit ur maternity someday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opella(f): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2015
please mamas i have some questions to ask
1) How do/did you cope with midnight feeding of your LO? My DS keeps waking up in the night to feed, i want to wean him next month, how do i manage the night feeding?
2) can i give him biscuit? he is 9 months +

Cc Kimoni
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2015
opella:
please mamas i have some questions to ask
1) How do/did you cope with midnight feeding of your LO? My DS keeps waking up in the night to feed, i want to wean him next month, how do i manage the night feeding?
2) can i give him biscuit? he is 9 months +

Try and ensure you give him a heavy* meal of cereal at night. it will help sustain him till morning.

Initially you may have to offer the baby water or milk during the night when you wean. Some children nurse during the night out of habit and not necessarily hunger.

There are some baby biscuits you can give your son. Though many mums give regular N5 biscuits and cheeseballs too cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opella(f): 10:51am On Oct 15, 2015
babythug:

Try and ensure you give him a heavy* meal of cereal at night. it will help sustain him till morning.

Initially you may have to offer the baby water or milk during the night when you wean. Some children nurse during the night out of habit and not necessarily hunger.

There are some baby biscuits you can give your son. Though many mums give regular N5 biscuits and cheeseballs too cheesy

Thanks dear, I think my DS is trying to form waking up severally at night as a habit, because I ensure I feed him well before he sleeps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 11:41am On Oct 15, 2015
Hello everyone, how are ur kids doing? pls my queen is 6weeks old, we noticed he stretches too much lately then people says it's her stomach,... then we took her to d clinic and they gave us Nospamin, and says it will help reduce the pain, till it finnally gone @3months, but honestly i pitty her when she cries from the pain... Someone else says we should try copan/copam that it's more effective than Nospamin... Anyone with same experience? and how did u get it solved...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2015
[quote author=ayobarmy post=39005753]Hello everyone, how are ur kids doing? pls my queen is 6weeks old, we noticed he stretches too much lately then people says it's her stomach,... then we took her to d clinic and they gave us Nospamin, and says it will help reduce the pain, till it finnally gone @3months, but honestly i pitty her when she cries from the pain... Someone else says we should try copan/copam that it's more effective than Nospamin... Anyone with same experience? and how did u get it solved...[/quote

I'm assuming the baby has colic....

I did gentle massage on the baby's tummy with a heated towel... it seemed to alleviate the pains!

Also she needs to be well burped after meals to avoid gas in her tummy and her mum should watch her diet at this time. I hear* that some mums have to stop taking dairy products because of this!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 11:52am On Oct 15, 2015
[quote author=babythug post=39006011][/quote] Thanks Sis,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 11:54am On Oct 15, 2015
[quote author=babythug post=39006011][/quote] Thanks Sis, but can u pls explain better on which of the diary's?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
@Ayobarmy.
She has to run away from milk and milk products, yoghurt. I avoided beans too during mine
My Dd had colic and I didn't use any drugs, though it ain't easy seeing your baby in pain.
I only ensured she's burped well after each feed, then I massage her tommy with warm water.
All these drugs contains alcohol, it doesn't reduce the pain, it only makes them sleep and after they wake, the routine continues. Nospamin, gripe water, copom amidst others should be avoided as much as possible except in very chronic cases of colic.
my love to the LO.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2015
Now am getting cofused here, avoid milk ke? i thought they said milk and tea is a necessity for ebf mothers. ...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
ayobarmy:
Now am getting cofused here, avoid milk ke? i thought they said milk and tea is a necessity for ebf mothers. ...

A mother on ebf needs Fluids and not necessarily milk. Adults milk can't get digested on time in a baby's system and you know a baby sucks whatever the mother eats. Their digestive system is still developing. That's why babies have their milk while adults have theirs too. that's why a motgee whose baby isn't pooing is advised ti take more fruits and fibre cos it aids digestion, hence the baby will be able to take it from breastmilk.
I hope this explains it better?

Other mamas will explain better.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
ayobarmy:
Thanks Sis, but can u pls explain better on which of the diary's?

Milk, cheese, eggs and foods containing any of them. Not sure though, maybe you can google further on the subject
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
Please mothers,i took my DD for immunization today,she was giving (penta, Rotavirus and Pneumococcal conjugate) this 3 cost me 19500.my issue is dat d hospital is still asking me to come back foe same immunization during her 10wks visit costing same amount.my question is dat i thought those 3 immunization is one off.am confuse whu d repetition.
Cc
Kaffy4bill modath and all d sabi mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
ayobarmy:

Colic abdomen happens to every baby but the degree of pain differs as we all have different pain threshold.
Having said dat,tummy time(place d baby of the tummy for like 5-10mins everyday with supervison), tummy massage(massage d tummy in a circular motion),burp baby after each feed and bicycle motion wit d baby's leg
Pls NO to Nospamin, it causes abdominal distension and u won't knw or mite nt notice cos u r nt conversant wit it
Even infacol is nt given for more dan 5days to one week, pls it wil take it course
Weneva the baby is in pain, tell the mum to lie the tummy on hers or u can do it to her. It helps.
Hope dis helps
My love to ur lo

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
missmalachi:
Please mothers,i took my DD for immunization today,she was giving (penta, Rotavirus and Pneumococcal conjugate) this 3 cost me 19500.my issue is dat d hospital is still asking me to come back foe same immunization during her 10wks visit costing same amount.my question is dat i thought those 3 immunization is one off.am confuse whu d repetition.
Cc

Rotavirus is 2 doses while pneumococcal is 3 doses. It's well, we r doin it for d kids,pray we reap it in gudness
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2015
ayobarmy:
Hello everyone, how are ur kids doing? pls my queen is 6weeks old, we noticed he stretches too much lately then people says it's her stomach,... then we took her to d clinic and they gave us Nospamin, and says it will help reduce the pain, till it finnally gone @3months, but honestly i pitty her when she cries from the pain... Someone else says we should try copan/copam that it's more effective than Nospamin... Anyone with same experience? and how did u get it solved...

Its two ways u can either wait it out or keep giving something to relief d constant stretching. Mine was colicky too gave him gripe water though but only relieves him for awhile. Kai I just thank God those episodes are over now as my DS is already 4 month+ now. Don't worry it will pass.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2015
missmalachi:
Cc

Yes, thats the way it is. You have to pay 19500 2 times and maybe 13k the 3rd time. Cos one of the vaccine is just 2 doses. It is well my sis.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
missmalachi:
Cc

Though I get my vaccines from a pharmacy cos hospitals in my area don't give. Rotavirus is 8thousand per dose, and pnemo is 9k per dose. Rotavirus is 2doses while pnemo is 3doses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
missmalachi:
Cc
Its not one off o. Penta s given 3x. D money u pd must hv bn for d rotavirus and pneumococcal wch are 2 and 3 dose each depending on d brand they use.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2015
@missmalachi,i'm surprised ppl payin such huge amount.in asaba general hospital okwe,i paid only 200 naira for bcg,100 naira for penta 1,100 naira for penta 2,100 naira for penta 3 n 100 naira for pneumonia injection.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Its not one off o. Penta s given 3x. D money u pd must hv bn for d rotavirus and pneumococcal wch are 2 and 3 dose each depending on d brand they use.
Thank you ma,though i use R jolad in gbagada n i ws charch 4k for d penta 7500 for rotavirus n 8k for pneumococcal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
missmalachi:

Thank you ma,though i use R jolad in gbagada n i ws charch 4k for d penta 7500 for rotavirus n 8k for pneumococcal

U were charged for penta cos its a private hosp, govt hosps don't charge for penta though they don't hv pneumo and rota and for those that hv u pay
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumFiyin: 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
Hello, my son was given d penta 1 when he was 6wks and we went for his 10wks appt yesterday and he was given penta 2 and he his to collect penta3 when he's 14wks. We haven't had to pay for any of his Immunization injections so far. Mayb u shld try General hosp or something, I use National hosp.

missmalachi:
Cc

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.