Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401515 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 11:21am On Aug 08, 2013
veronix:

I meant this soup that is being given to mothers that puts to bed. I have another question, my baby has tummy problem. It disturbs him everytime. So someone adviced me to use grip water. What do u pple suggest. Thanks.

Well,

I have a friend that had the same tummy issues with her little one, well, she used gripe water and it purged the baby big time, while not relieving the pain, so she was adviced to use gbomoro. She did n it stopped. the pains stopped too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
When can one start giving babies beverages like milo?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
corrall: When can one start giving babies beverages like milo?
Its mostly advised to start giving them as from 1year, because baby bellies are too young to digest anything but water, breastmilk & formular until they are a year old. However, MIL (who happens to be a retired nurse) says I can start giving my 6mth girl Milo now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
Okay, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abeg, do babies have rashes on their face when they are teething? mine has tiny tiny rashes like that. what can one do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
corrall: Abeg, do babies have rashes on their face when they are teething? mine has tiny tiny rashes like that. what can one do?
they r not related to teething
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2013
R u sure?

Cos i read on babycenter.com, that they are especially if the baby is really drooling.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2013
corrall: R u sure?

Cos i read on babycenter.com, that they are especially if the baby is really drooling.
If it doesn't look like normal heat rash & nothing seems to work, then it maybe as a result of teething. My colleague's son had this weird eczema around his mouth 2days before his first tooth apeared & it dissapeared as soon as the tooth came out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2013
corrall: Abeg, do babies have rashes on their face when they are teething? mine has tiny tiny rashes like that. what can one do?

i depends. @ least mine also had those rashes u talked of while teething. i did not even know the rashes was related to teethin until the teeth came out then the rashes just disappered.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2013
maxiflexi:
If it doesn't look like normal heat rash & nothing seems to work, then it maybe as a result of teething. My colleague's son had this weird eczema around his mouth 2days before his first tooth apeared & it dissapeared as soon as the tooth came out.
yeah am sure, NO rashes r related to eruption of teeth atleat by what knw frm available medical literature
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 7:09pm On Aug 14, 2013
joker5180: yeah am sure, NO rashes r related to eruption of teeth atleat by what knw frm available medical literature

It is not from the teeth erupting directly. It is from the drooling and the rubbing of the drool against the face thus causing irritation. The drool is cause the baby is feeling uncomfortable. The drool also causes the runny tummy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
blank:

It is not from the teeth erupting directly. It is from the drooling and the rubbing of the drool against the face thus causing irritation. The drool is cause the baby is feeling uncomfortable. The drool also causes the runny tummy.

its what i experienced with my daughter. she never drooled while teething and the rashes were not on her face but on her back mostly and a little at the front. i used so much to control it to no avail including calamine lotion but immediately d teeth cut thru d gums, the rashes disappeared within 48 hrs.

@maxiflexi is ryt, it did not look anything like normal heat rash.

joker5180: yeah am sure, NO rashes r related to eruption of teeth atleat by what knw frm available medical literature

forget medical literature, this is reality. dont u know some children bring out boils when teething? @ least i ve seen that b4. its different for each baby to my own understanding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
Hello mums, I want to introduce soy beans( powder) to M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby. He will be 6mths by d end of dis month. I have started him with pap nd he is responding well but I feel like addin soy beans to d pap. Someone suggest dat I par boil d soy beans then dry out in d sun for 2days after which I roast before grinding. Pls has anyone used dis method b4 nd how was d result? Am just hearing abt d par boiling aspect, I used to know abt roasting nd grinding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 15, 2013
omogemi:

its what i experienced with my daughter. she never drooled while teething and the rashes were not on her face but on her back mostly and a little at the front. i used so much to control it to no avail including calamine lotion but immediately d teeth cut thru d gums, the rashes disappeared within 48 hrs.

@maxiflexi is ryt, it did not look anything like normal heat rash.

forget medical literature, this is reality. dont u know some children bring out boils when teething? @ least i ve seen that b4. its different for each baby to my own understanding.
how many babies hv u seen with that nd over what period of time?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by limsycutey(f): 9:30am On Aug 15, 2013
Hello house, thanks for the responses about the cradle, i let her scalp soak in oil and the combed it out gently and shampooed it, i did this a few times and its totally gone now
I want to start her on baby purees when shes four months old (for when when we are in church or sunday or where it wont be convenient to breastfeed) i want to know the best brand of baby puree to buy cow and gate, gerber or purity and also where i can get them in lagos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2013
demmykay: Hello mums, I want to introduce soy beans( powder) to M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby. He will be 6mths by d end of dis month. I have started him with pap nd he is responding well but I feel like addin soy beans to d pap. Someone suggest dat I par boil d soy beans then dry out in d sun for 2days after which I roast before grinding. Pls has anyone used dis method b4 nd how was d result? Am just hearing abt d par boiling aspect, I used to know abt roasting nd grinding.
parboiling it is de best method. Its a very crucial step that pple neglect in soy powder preparation. Even during dry season, u parboil and wash de back like u wash ur beans for moimoi.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2013
@ ifysworld tanks for d info. I will do d par boiling aspect before roasting. Will try to make it later in d day. Must it be sun dry for 2days? Am asking cos with dis weather we hardly see sun des dayz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
pls mothers in the house. where can i buy breast pump in abuja or lagos? which is the best one to buy and how much does it cost?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
omogemi:

No wonder!!! When my baby was bringn out his upper teeth, he had boil first on his back, then on his arm and later on his tigh. They were coming one after the other and I guesd it was bc of the teeth, I didnt go to the hospital oh cause he had takin much antibiotics since his birth so I gav him saint leaf water (dnt know how I got the boldness to do that!!!lol), and he was fine in two daz, dnt knw whether its the saint leaf or the emergance of the teeth.lol. Hmmmm, God help us!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
missmishel: pls mothers in the house. where can i buy breast pump in abuja or lagos? which is the best one to buy and how much does it cost?

I realy dont know tge best but I got AVENT manual pump from garki hospital at 8500, and it worked well for me. I also got that same type for my friend at SAHAD supermaket(abuja) at same price.

Any good store/supermarket should have the brand you settle for.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
itsmelex:

I realy dont know tge best but I got AVENT manual pump from garki hospital at 8500, and it worked well for me. I also got that same type for my friend at SAHAD supermaket(abuja) at same price.

Any good store/supermarket should have the brand you settle for.
alright. thank u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bunlizlaw(f): 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hello Blessed Parents!I have gone through this thread and I must commend u all for your educative comments.I really want 2 know which hospital type is better for baby immunisations?General hospital or Private hospital?My baby is almost 3 months old and she has been taking her immunisations at d private hospital where I delivered her.However,I just learnt of the Rotavirus vaccine from a friend tonight and I'm not quite sure if my baby had been given.This is giving me a source of concern now.I need advise pls from experience parents!Thanks in anticipation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 4:27am On Aug 16, 2013
itsmelex:

No wonder!!! When my baby was bringn out his upper teeth, he had boil first on his back, then on his arm and later on his tigh. They were coming one after the other and I guesd it was bc of the teeth, I didnt go to the hospital oh cause he had takin much antibiotics since his birth so I gav him saint leaf water (dnt know how I got the boldness to do that!!!lol), and he was fine in two daz, dnt knw whether its the saint leaf or the emergance of the teeth.lol. Hmmmm, God help us!

joker5180: how many babies hv u seen with that nd over what period of time?

mr daddy joker, i hope dt answers d question a bit. Moreso, my daughter i hv had experience with as per d rashes n my neighbour's son who came out with serious boils all over his head and face.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 4:35am On Aug 16, 2013
bunlizlaw: Hello Blessed Parents!I have gone through this thread and I must commend u all for your educative comments.I really want 2 know which hospital type is better for baby immunisations?General hospital or Private hospital?My baby is almost 3 months old and she has been taking her immunisations at d private hospital where I delivered her.However,I just learnt of the Rotavirus vaccine from a friend tonight and I'm not quite sure if my baby had been given.This is giving me a source of concern now.I need advise pls from experience parents!Thanks in anticipation

as for me, i ll suggest u take ur baby 2 a Public Health center in ur area for vaccinantions. Reason is cos the vaccines r used up @ once hence nothing like carry over coz i understand they arnt meant to stay too long for a period of tym so it doesnt expire. Moreso, the nurses hands are very experienced.
And then from tym to tym, take him/her for check up/complains in a private hospital. Thatz what i do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bunlizlaw(f): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2013
omogemi:

as for me, i ll suggest u take ur baby 2 a Public Health center in ur area for vaccinantions. Reason is cos the vaccines r used up @ once hence nothing like carry over coz i understand they arnt meant to stay too long for a period of tym so it doesnt expire. Moreso, the nurses hands are very experienced.
And then from tym to tym, take him/her for check up/complains in a private hospital. Thatz what i do.
Thanks for your response.Hope it's not too late to switch? cos she is already 12weeks old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
bunlizlaw: Thanks for your response.Hope it's not too late to switch? cos she is already 12weeks old.

I use a private hospital. What i did was to get the hospital's list of vaccinations and check it to the comprehensive list of vaccinations available. I have come to realise that vaccines like Rotavirus, Chicken pox etc are not free and the amounts paid are higher as compared with the other vaccines, 6k vs 150naira. There are some vaccines i have to go to another hospital to take cos my hospital does not give it.

Let me give an example. In USA, they give vaccines for pneumonia but do not give polio vaccines. Some hospitals in Nigeria give Rotavirus some do not.

In other words, it is not enough reason to leave your hospital. Just get the required vaccines
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by limsycutey(f): 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hi mums, I'm still waiting for response about the baby purees.
Another thing, I've been hearing a sound from my baby's throat, like there is liquid there, especially when she's lying flat on her back, I'm getting really worried, does anyone know what this is?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
bunlizlaw: Hello Blessed Parents!I have gone through this thread and I must commend u all for your educative comments.I really want 2 know which hospital type is better for baby immunisations?General hospital or Private hospital?My baby is almost 3 months old and she has been taking her immunisations at d private hospital where I delivered her.However,I just learnt of the Rotavirus vaccine from a friend tonight and I'm not quite sure if my baby had been given.This is giving me a source of concern now.I need advise pls from experience parents!Thanks in anticipation
for me i prefer health center for immunisation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bunlizlaw(f): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
blank:

I use a private hospital. What i did was to get the hospital's list of vaccinations and check it to the comprehensive list of vaccinations available. I have come to realise that vaccines like Rotavirus, Chicken pox etc are not free and the amounts paid are higher as compared with the other vaccines, 6k vs 150naira. There are some vaccines i have to go to another hospital to take cos my hospital does not give it.

Let me give an example. In USA, they give vaccines for pneumonia but do not give polio vaccines. Some hospitals in Nigeria give Rotavirus some do not.

In other words, it is not enough reason to leave your hospital. Just get the required vaccines
Thanks for your comment.I'll definitely take note at my baby's next appointment.God bless u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bunlizlaw(f): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2013
julicoka: for me i prefer health center for immunisation
.I chose not to go to general hospital cos of their annoying delays.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bunlizlaw(f): 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
limsycutey:
Another thing, I've been hearing a sound from my baby's throat, like there is liquid there, especially when she's lying flat on her back, I'm getting really worried, does anyone know what this is?
Pls take her to the hospital.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.