Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4414543 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
cutiereborn:
Good afternoon Mamas, Hqappy Sunday!
Please, my BG has this lil boil like pimples on her sclap(skull). When I first noticed it the day before yesterday, I used oilve oil on it & it disappered but more has come up today. Please wat do I do? I don't know if she is reacting to something.She has hair on her head.
Cc: Nurse kaffy4bill & othher experienced mamas.

Someone posted a picture of what you described, happening on her baby's hand a few pages back. Why not flip back and see what answers she got and how she eventually handled it (it cleared up). HTH
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Eminya:
Pls mama's how did you avoid vaginal farts after you delivered your lo's? a friend told me i won't escape it, that it happens to everyone, pls is it true? Though am yet to experience it.
cc: kaffy4bill missmalachi ahnie firsttymum modath tchiwinnie and all sabi mama's
I did not experience it cos mum n mil insist i sit on wooden stool n close my lap.it ws painful ooooo but i kept doin it so it made me escape virginal fart.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
ahnie:
Pls explain the sutures break down part ma'am
It is wen d virgina dat was sew due to tear or episiotomy lose. Datz my lay man explanation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2015
Mehn ah nor sabi endure pains o.you try
missmalachi:

I did not experience it cos mum n mil insist i sit on wooden stool n close my lap.it ws painful ooooo but i kept doin it so it made me escape virginal fart.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
@stadora, Ori oyo or shea butter is also known as okume(in igbo).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 9:34pm On Nov 30, 2015
Good evening mamas. Please let any mama put me through on how to make dry ground millet/maize/guinea corn and any other thing that is usually added. Thanks a lot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Am so sorry for the late response, how is she doin now? Did u change soap and cream for her or any change in environment or even food if u think it's an allergy.

Cc: tchiwinnie
Thank you nurse kaffy, I introduced pap to her diet, but that's like 2weeks ago, the boil like pimple just started this week & its only on her head(sclap).
@onegai, thank for your response but it isn't on her hand or anywhere else apart from her head, also I saw the pic that mama posted and its not same thing with what my DD has. Mine is more like small boils.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
ahnie you got me really laffing hard lol, tanks for your response mama's @ tchiwinnie mismalachi and ahnie

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AmJane(f): 11:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Yea, it fluctuates wen it returns. To kp ur mind at rest, u cld do a PT esp if u ve bn having unprotected kpekus.
. ok ma. I will do that asap. Thanks a lot for your reply.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forlahkhe: 12:25am On Dec 01, 2015
Congrats on d arrival of ur LO. When I had my baby then, he was ds usual gas pain in d tummy and I later learnt dt its called COLICS so I googled on it to gather more info; one of d tins I read was dt drinking of evaporated(tin) milk could cos colics in babies. I switched to powdered milk and that ended cholics in my baby. U can google and get some info too
Cherlene:
Greetings

I RECENTLY gave birth to another BEAUTIFUL girl. ♡my third daughter

- Seems my ANGEL has gas pain, any RECOMMENDATIONS to soothe the physical discomfort?

Cherlene

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jess20: 1:06am On Dec 01, 2015
cutiereborn:

Please can anyone help me out?

Coconut oil will help clear it

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oniadedoyin: 8:42am On Dec 01, 2015
kaffy4bill:

My baby was 4.2kg @ birth and by his 3rd month of life he was 8.2kg. My hubby is quite a big bone person. Wil it b fair for the mother of a 2.5kg baby born d same tym as my baby to compare their milestone? NO, cos it wil sure make her feel she's nt doin enuf. Hope u get my point.
Wats d physique of ursef and ur dh? Nt all children have the so called societal rating weight. Pls we all grow differently, as long as ur baby look healthy and u feed well, b rest assured everytin is fine.
And medically, we don't advice teething powder or drugs for d kids cos nt ll baby even manifest any sign nd symptoms while feeding.
My love to ur sweet baby and dh, stay blessed
gud day mamas in d house, pls can i give my 14wks baby Similac, bcs i was tod it's good. N ao do i prepare it, like ao many mils of water and ao n as many scoop of Similac at each feed. Tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 9:32am On Dec 01, 2015
kcpumping:

thanks dear ii was actually told by Dr DAT it is normal but do u think so and what is colic IMO

cheesy colic is a medical condition that affects babies in the early stages. It's like having gas in the tummy and makes them cry endlessly. You can google it up.

IMO means In My Opinion.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:40am On Dec 01, 2015
oniadedoyin:
gud day mamas in d house, pls can i give my 14wks baby Similac, bcs i was tod it's good. N ao do i prepare it, like ao many mils of water and ao n as many scoop of Similac at each feed. Tnx

Hello mama. How. are you?

Please read the back of the can of formula you are giving your baby. It says there the amount of milk (scoops) per ml or ounce of water to mix. All instructions are there. It is better you read it for yourself rather than. us telling you. I don't have ay advice on Similac, it depends on your baby if he/she likes it. I've heard milk like Gerber, Aptamil, Enfamil, Nan1, SMA, FrisoGold etc are good. I'm sure Similac is fine if it's for babies from birth upwards (it will say so on the can).

I've noticed you sound kind of frantic a little in your questions. Take a deep breath, you're doing good. smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:48am On Dec 01, 2015
cutiereborn:

Thank you nurse kaffy, I introduced pap to her diet, but that's like 2weeks ago, the boil like pimple just started this week & its only on her head(sclap).
@onegai, thank for your response but it isn't on her hand or anywhere else apart from her head, also I saw the pic that mama posted and its not same thing with what my DD has. Mine is more like small boils.

It sounds like. a case for her paediatrician. Actually sounds like a skin condition, not a food thingie.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2015
Onegai:

It sounds like. a case for her paediatrician. Actually sounds like a skin condition, not a food thingie.

Thanks, I have started applying ori & coconut oil as suggested by some, if it doesn't clear out by thursday, will visit the hospital.
@jess20, thanks for the advice. I started last night, hopefully it will clear soon.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 10:08am On Dec 01, 2015
ahnie:
My Dear,it happenned to me oo...mehn i was fartin uncontrollably,fartin some smelly devilish things. funny enuf my sweet Nnedim(mil)was cheerin me up to let the round bags of farts out. Mr Ahlex had to summon a family meetin n i had to sign to cease fartin...for where,iffah hear say e stop,mehn it was embarassin tho.d ikebe was just leakin farts out anyhow.it stopped 90percent,wen Zino clocked 3months,but it haff stop finally.iffah dey remember am,ah go dey laff.my DEAR,THEM TALK SAY,its caused by your not closin your legs when sittin after givin birth.some say..the womb dey contract bac to it original shape.dont worry,you 'l get over it

You are so funny. Be like say na warri you grow up

Eminya, my mum said it's if you don't sit in warm water and you don't close your laps when sitting on small apoti. It didn't happen to me.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 10:10am On Dec 01, 2015
Hello beautiful mamas,

I want to make pap using Guinea corn and millet. I also want to add crayfish and groundnut. Pls how do I go about it. Thanks.

Mummy2be, and others. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cherlene(f): 10:20am On Dec 01, 2015
forlahkhe:
Congrats on d arrival of ur LO. When I had my baby then, he was ds usual gas pain in d tummy and I later learnt dt its called COLICS so I googled on it to gather more info; one of d tins I read was dt drinking of evaporated(tin) milk could cos colics in babies. I switched to powdered milk and that ended cholics in my baby. U can google and get some info too

Happy new month.

Thank you dear.

- I am BREASTFEEDING fully

* Will do some RESEARCH dear, I pray it is not COLIC.
* Which I doubt too!!

Cherlene
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2015
My dear,you are hearin it from the horses mouth.firsthand xperience.
Eminya:
ahnie you got me really laffing hard lol, tanks for your response mama's @ tchiwinnie mismalachi and ahnie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2015
Spent some couple of years there sha.aunty rezzy,how z my boi doing?
rezzy:

You are so funny. Be like say na warri you grow up

Eminya, my mum said it's if you don't sit in warm water and you don't close your laps when sitting on small apoti. It didn't happen to me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 10:56am On Dec 01, 2015
Pls mamas baby zino's poop z still strong o.she cries anytime she wants to poop,and ayam the one that z@the receivin end.she pulls my long strands out everytime,she wants to poop.pls what shud i administer to soften the harden poop?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:29am On Dec 01, 2015
ahnie:
Spent some couple of years there sha.aunty rezzy,how z my boi doing?

He is fine oo.

I know baby Zino is doing fine too.

Give her orange and enough water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 11:34am On Dec 01, 2015
Okai
rezzy:

He is fine oo.
I know baby Zino is doing fine too.
Give her orange and enough water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mrsfeyo2(f): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hi mums, on sebamed,I want to change my babies lotion n soap n I can't seem to find it anywhere. Been hearing sebamed is scarce. I stay in festac,anyone know whr I can get around? I was only able to get bubble bath
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
ahnie:
Pls mamas baby zino's poop z still strong o.she cries anytime she wants to poop,and ayam the one that z@the receivin end.she pulls my long strands out everytime,she wants to poop.pls what shud i administer to soften the harden poop?
Always give her orange
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
rezzy:

Am still sitting in warm water every morning and night and today is 3 weeks since I gave birth. I have also been sitting on hard stool but not very often, I believe it's time to be more serious with the sitting on hard stool.
Thanks mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
Don't no hw old she is bt u cd gv her orange. Or blend very ripeeeee pawpaw for her. She go pupu straight away

ahnie:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
goldmine:
@stadora, Ori oyo or shea butter is also known as okume(in igbo).
Yea, I no ori is shea butter. Was tinkin ori oyo May b diferent. Thanks 4 d explanation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
Given...no poop yet
Eminya:
Always give her orange
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
Copy...thnks
Gr8fulHeart:
Don't no hw old she is bt u cd gv her orange. Or blend very ripeeeee pawpaw for her. She go pupu straight away

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.