Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,190 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406792 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by betty1983(f): 1:42pm On May 26, 2016
Purity baby puree food, fruits, yoghurt and cereals are good products from South Africa. My baby has been on it from 6 months and still on it @ 15 months. They have different stages, varieties and sizes. Mine usually finishes one jar at one feeding so I serve straight from the jar at room temperature. The few times I had left over and tried to heat up in warm water, the food became too watery and had to dispose. If you're not sure your baby can finish one at once, then do not feed directly from the jar (as written on product)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 3:19pm On May 26, 2016
b

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maureensylvia(f): 3:56pm On May 26, 2016
MetroTee:

Yes o @maureenaylvia Everything cleared and she is much better now. Skin is back to original smiley Thanks so much for checking xx

thank God, what did u use in clearing it cos my son have one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 5:22pm On May 26, 2016
Tanks mama. I got baby tetomosol soaP and rising powder. I have also started using d coconut oil too.
HoPe am not overdoing it. I jus want the rash clear as fast as Possible.

Hoping to see a huge difference by next week.

Drada, zaynie,modath
greatp80:

Just as Mum Zaynie said. @Rofemiguwa and maureensylvia, I had my dd dis April and her own is scary. Her, face, hands, infact, all her body was almost covered with dis kind of rash u posted. D weather then was too hot, so I blved dat it is heat rash. What i did was to stop wearing her cover all and continued with my coconut oil. I is all cleared now, infact d skin is like oyimbo now. I don't know how to post pics here, I for post d pix for you.
It got to a stage dat it began to peel off self. it
is over. More patience, it will clear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 5:31pm On May 26, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Tanks mama. I got baby tetomosol soaP and rising powder. I have also started using d coconut oil too.
HoPe am not overdoing it. I jus want the rash clear as fast as Possible.

Hoping to see a huge difference by next week.

Drada, zaynie,mo

Tetmosol for baby? why?

Is it craw craw? yes you are overdoing it, most rash are symptoms of heat or allergy, coconut oil is ok, powder, not bad, let breeze touch baby well well and give it time....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 5:40pm On May 26, 2016
b
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 5:47pm On May 26, 2016
g
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 5:49pm On May 26, 2016
double post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 6:02pm On May 26, 2016
greatp80:
@ mo she said dat it is tetmasol baby soap. I stand to be corrected. Don't know d soap but one mother said it worked for her here.

ohk, didn't know there is baby tetmosol, my mind just went to the tangy adult version..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 2:59am On May 27, 2016
maureensylvia:

thank God, what did u use in clearing it cos my son have one

Thank God o. I bathed her with the agbo daily (red acalypha leaves) and started using coconut oil as her body lotion. alternated with Shea butter...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wendypenny: 3:44am On May 27, 2016
The mama with the rashes on her baby's skin should check what she is eating especially the milk she is taking. It is allergy. And also the soap and cream baby is using. Try using acqeous cream to bath her then epidmax cream for her body . Cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nyenyel: 5:50am On May 27, 2016
DrAda:
Personally I avoid anything that comes with hormones. Complications are just too messy ranging from increase in weight, hypertension to cancers. So, I always go for the non-hormonal type of Iucd. It comes with its own issues but at least your chemistry is safe. I am currently using one now for almost 4 years.
Goodmrnin sabi mamas I ve bin following dis thread silently put dis is my first post. Dr Ada I be bin on dis iucd non hormonal since Sep 2015 and HV bin having irregular cycles at times it will run for 2 weeks straight and am trying to monitor my cycle cos am trying to kW my ovulation cos I HV 3 girls already what do you advice me to do pls ,i will like to kW from anyone who has had similar situation and what did u do.sorry for d long post pls tnx

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 8:12am On May 27, 2016
Good day doctors in the house, thank u for d great work. a friend of mine was on bromergon did her menstrual period on Feb 10, fell ill on 26th of feb after series of test, blood test for pregnancy says positive but urine remains negative. a week after she went to another lab, blood test is positive and urine remains negative. After a month she went for scan but scan sees nothing that was early April, in mid April she repeated same test in different lab again blood still positive and urine remains negative . Early May she went for scan again same result says both ovaries appears normal in size and structure. both adnexa appears free. pod is empty, no free pelvic collection, no fibroid, no cysts, no crisis or retained products of conception sighted. What can she do ? because she has stopped d bromergon since February ending. is she really pregnant?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutestmummy: 10:11am On May 27, 2016
ejeh121:
Hello mothers in the house,I have always turned to dz trend if I had issues while I was pregnant and nursing,finally I have to share my tale cos I need answers,ok to cut the long gist short.........I had Aviel 10months ago nd his bin d sweetest boo ever,fast forward to march 22 I started feeling funny then nausea,I quickly informed my husband,we went 4 a blood test and it was confirmed I was 4weeks pregnant,am a naturally slim person,wen am stressed it shows all over me,i continued bfing my son,and at a point it became tiring bin sick with all day sickness and bfing,i feel I have failed my son,i have guilts I feel his loosing weight,is it possible I continue bfing? Or will he be alright wit time? Pls help!
he will be fine dear, I weaned my son @11months and he's fine so just introduce solid and be strong ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutestmummy: 10:14am On May 27, 2016
stadora:
Gud mornin Mothers
Thank u so much 4 d wondaful bday wishes and
prayers on my birthday. It reminds me dat my life
is filled with friends and family who loves and
apreciates me.
I say Thanks again 4 d love n suport that you continue 2 show me, not only on my bday, but on all d days of my life.
GOD bless You all.

pls there s this baby fruit puree product callled PURITY, It has different types like apple, carrot, mangoes, etc. I saw it ystday @ shoprite.
pls Wo knows abt it and has used it b4. how was it n is it Gud 4 babies? how can 1 gv it 2 a baby.
pls those that knows abt this purity should help me out.
thanks
used it for my son and had no issues with it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AdaBiafra(f): 5:37pm On May 27, 2016
babythug:

Have you tried adult foods? Some children accept it more readily than cereals. Foods like mashed potatoes, amala or semo.with ewedu no stew

Fish, indomie with little or no spice etc etc..

Just try it may work.

I'v started giving him adult foods and he likes it more than baby foods. The only cereal he likes eating now is cerelac dat is meant for babies dat are up 1year. I tank God he is adding weight small small.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 27, 2016
Mamas how would you feel if your maid lied about her age by reducing it. Including the person who brought her. After telling her the age range you need
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 9:18pm On May 27, 2016
hotmum:
Mamas how would you feel if your maid lied about her age by reducing it. Including the person who brought her. After telling her the age range you need
It depends on her general attitude since her arrival. of she has been obedient and hard-working, I will only scold her for lying but if her attitude has been bad, I will show her the way home.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 9:29pm On May 27, 2016
Issfat:
Good day doctors in the house, thank u for d great
work. a friend of mine was on bromergon did her
menstrual period on Feb 10, fell ill on 26th of feb
after series of test, blood test for pregnancy says
positive but urine remains negative. a week after she
went to another lab, blood test is positive and urine
remains negative. After a month she went for scan
but scan sees nothing that was early April, in mid
April she repeated same test in different lab again
blood still positive and urine remains negative . Early
May she went for scan again same result says both
ovaries appears normal in size and structure. both
adnexa appears free. pod is empty, no free pelvic
collection, no fibroid, no cysts, no crisis or retained
products of conception sighted. What can she do ?
because she has stopped d bromergon since February
ending. is she really pregnant?

Helo If blood test is positive den she is pregnant. I had a similar case. Urine cud not detect d pregnancy on time.pls sabi mamas contribute.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 9:56pm On May 27, 2016
Hello mamas, I need your advice o. So i was told that it's better to reduce rate of breastfeeding when you want to wean to avoid excessive engorgement in the final time. SO I decided to wean my lo gradually who doesn't bf during work hours cos I am at work but once I pick him up like this na breast. I thought I could restrict to just night feeds but no matter what he'd cry n cry n it seems almost impossible to even reduce that.
Reducing night feeds naa nko... he'd cry so tey. The thing is when he is sleepy he usually would not drink or eat anything except breast. So trying to give him a drink in the night he'd refuse it, then once he wakes up like that he'd find it difficult to sleep back. he doesn't sleep that easily before. like last night now, he woke up by to 12am cos I refused to give him the breast and didn't sleep back till around 2am ( I ended up giving him breast at some point but despite that he still didnt sleep back easily).

Please I just need advice on how to go about weaning. he's one year 4 months.
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 10:40pm On May 27, 2016
joyousf:
Hello mamas, I need your advice o. So i was told that it's better to reduce rate of breastfeeding when you want to wean to avoid excessive engorgement in the final time. SO I decided to wean my lo gradually who doesn't bf during work hours cos I am at work but once I pick him up like this na breast. I thought I could restrict to just night feeds but no matter what he'd cry n cry n it seems almost impossible to even reduce that.
Reducing night feeds naa nko... he'd cry so tey. The thing is when he is sleepy he usually would not drink or eat anything except breast. So trying to give him a drink in the night he'd refuse it, then once he wakes up like that he'd find it difficult to sleep back. he doesn't sleep that easily before. like last night now, he woke up by to 12am cos I refused to give him the breast and didn't sleep back till around 2am ( I ended up giving him breast at some point but despite that he still didnt sleep back easily).

thanks

Take him to your mum's place for a week.

@issfat, let her do a repeat scan. Blood pt is more accurate than urine pt. It could be as a result of very early miscarriage.
Other sabi mamas pls contribute

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 11:11pm On May 27, 2016
soonest:

Take him to your mum's place for a week.

@issfat, let her do a repeat scan. Blood pt is more accurate than urine pt. It could be as a result of very early miscarriage.
Other sabi mamas pls contribute

thanks sis. I wish so too but my hubby doesn't agree to such a plan.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 8:46am On May 28, 2016
joyousf:

thanks

You have to be firm. Babies always cry but at the same time they 'gbakamu' faster than adults. My baby stopped sucking breast at 6months but sucked his finger like the finger wan comot. When i decided to stop him at 9 months. He cried and almost brought the whole house down but i ignored o. There were times i was tempted to leave him but i keep saying just one more day. It took a whole month to stop him but he has finally stopped. The thing is once he sees this woman no send me he will stop the cry eventually and accept whatever you give him.
Hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 12:01pm On May 28, 2016
for mamas that need mash and bowl that was uploaded sometimes back, shopville. com/product/annabel-karmel-freshfoods-mash-and-serve-bowl/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:49pm On May 28, 2016
sheweezy:

You have to be firm. Babies always cry but at the same time they 'gbakamu' faster than adults. My baby stopped sucking breast at 6months but sucked his finger like the finger wan comot. When i decided to stop him at 9 months. He cried and almost brought the whole house down but i ignored o. There were times i was tempted to leave him but i keep saying just one more day. It took a whole month to stop him but he has finally stopped. The thing is once he sees this woman no send me he will stop the cry eventually and accept whatever you give him.
Hope this helps

1 month? shocked shocked shocked
I don die!
I tried stopping my small madam last month. One week and I gave up.
Na slap she dey slap us if we carry her....just whining anyhow. I just gave up! embarassed
Maybe that will be our goal this holiday sha.....

Proudmum38, how long did it take u to stop lil proudy?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sameme2: 4:47pm On May 28, 2016
Mama's in d house I salute thee....I delivered my bundle of joy yesterday..on getting home today my neighbor told me not to use any antiseptic on her until d next one month dat she was told so at university of Port Harcourt teaching hospital.... Pls I need some clarification from experiencd mama's in d house..thks

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 5:23pm On May 28, 2016
zaynie:

1 month? shocked shocked shocked
I don die!
I tried stopping my small madam last month. One week and I gave up.
Na slap she dey slap us if we carry her....just whining anyhow. I just gave up! embarassed
Maybe that will be our goal this holiday sha.....

Proudmum38, how long did it take u to stop lil
proudy?

Lmao. U have to carry face ni and be consistent. God bless them all. Regards to your lo's

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 28, 2016
Sameme2:
Mama's in d house I salute thee....I delivered my bundle of joy yesterday..on getting home today my neighbor told me not to use any antiseptic on her until d next one month dat she was told so at university of Port Harcourt teaching hospital.... Pls I need some clarification from experiencd mama's in d house..thks
CONGRATS! yes as long as the water you are using is clean. New born babies don't need all that ish( was told same during anc) it's not like the baby will be rolling in dirt to warrant an antiseptic bath.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sameme2: 10:09pm On May 28, 2016
Chinwendym:
CONGRATS! yes as long as the water you are using is clean. New born babies don't need all that ish( was told same during anc) it's not like the baby will be rolling in dirt to warrant an antiseptic bath.
Thks alot I guess I ll stick to it till d next one month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 11:05pm On May 28, 2016
Mamas in d house gud day. Pls my lo vomit often and sometimes tru d nose . don't kno wat causes dat n how do I handle dat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:19am On May 29, 2016
Stadora,I've used the purity brand for years. My babies never reacted to them. ( Cereal and puree). The puree should be given from a plate or the bottle if you think she can finish the bottle. The prune puree is very good to use when baby is constipated.
IryNky:
Mamas in d house gud day. Pls my lo vomit often and sometimes tru d nose . don't kno wat causes dat n how do I handle dat.

Do you over feed him? Do you lay him down after eating? Do you burp him? Your answers will go a long way to determine what's wrong.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 1:24pm On May 29, 2016
[quote author=Sameme2 post=46056508][/quote]
If you are using clean tap water that has not been stored, there is absolutely no need for the antiseptic cos in one way or the other someday, some water will enter your baby's mouth and you don't want that water to be the one with antiseptics. But if your water is not clean, you can use little of it and endeavour she doesn't swallow the water while bathing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.