Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4405219 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
helovesme:

i am totally with you on this ''exclusive breastfeeding without water'' issue. i am an 100% advocate of combination feeding - breastmilk, formula and water.

the ones that amuses me are those that will be screaming ''exclusive'', ''exclusive'' and then you catch them feeding their 3 months old baby ''ogi'' grin grin grin Hian !!

meanwhile on this colic issue. i have a friend that mixes gripe water with her baby's milk and that is the only thing that has worked for her and eased her son's discomfort from colic. personally, i swear by infacol - it worked like a charm for me. i guess to each their own.

I'm telling u... Some of our nurses will b scamming us esp ftm since 19okolo... I see whei during my first child's birth. I no go try d exclusive n water only again. This time I must combine formula. Come n see as I leghan (too lepa) cos of breast. My daughter can suck 4 Africa ehnnnn. B4 I Comot breast 4 her mouth say mk I jst branch toilet come n see cry. Naso mil go scream Oya oooooo!!!! Come n give my grand daughter breast. Any small tin, breast. She sneezes, grandma go shout Oya oooo , where r u? U too dey waste time, infant no dey wear bra again cos my grand baby must suck on d go and my daughter sooo hated feeding bottles. This forum is a very nice, funny n educative classroom.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
firsttymum:

THANKS.
That being said...

ABEG MAMAS SUGGESTIONS ON BABY FOOD THAT CAN MAKE A BABY CHUBBY.
grin grin grin you can come take some from Ekene! I yaff taya to carry his 9kg ass at just 7 months old embarassed
I hear aptamil is good cos of its sweetness and babies will crave to eat more and thus gain weight!

Chubby babies sleep better and make less fuss, their fluffy cheeks and sturdy legs are so adorable for kisses wink

You buy clothes all the time cos they quickly outgrow the ones they have angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2016
sassyangel1:

I'm telling u... Some of our nurses will b scamming us esp ftm since 19okolo... I see whei during my first child's birth. I no go try d exclusive n water only again. This time I must combine formula. Come n see as I leghan (too lepa) cos of breast. My daughter can suck 4 Africa ehnnnn. B4 I Comot breast 4 her mouth say mk I jst branch toilet come n see cry. Naso mil go scream Oya oooooo!!!! Come n give my grand daughter breast. Any small tin, breast. She sneezes, grandma go shout Oya oooo , where r u? U too dey waste time, infant no dey wear bra again cos my grand baby must suck on d go and my daughter sooo hated feeding bottles. This forum is a very nice, funny n educative classroom.

i want to believe that its only in nigeria that nurses, et al carry this 'exclusive' matter on their head and will at any opportunity 'bully' mothers into it.

i cannot remember at any time having any health professional moan to me about what i do with my breast and how i feed my baby.

my son was on strictly breastmilk, formula and water for the first 6 months. as long as he is hitting/exceeding his milestones and growing in accordance with the growrth chart/percentile for his age - daz all - the health professionals were happy.

when i had the 6 months check with my HV and she asked about his feeding, i told her he was on breastmilk, formula and water. she was pleasantly surprised that he was still being breastfed and she really praised me. she told me that most mothers give up at 4 months and introduce solids.

breastfeeding is a lottttttttttttttttt of work - whether full time or part time.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
Liftedhands:
grin grin grin you can come take some from Ekene! I yaff taya to carry his 9kg ass at just 7 months old embarassed
I hear aptamil is good cos of its sweetness and babies will crave to eat more and thus gain weight!

Chubby babies sleep better and make less fuss, their fluffy cheeks and sturdy legs are so adorable for kisses wink

You buy clothes all the time cos they quickly outgrow the ones they have angry

funny, i have tasted both breastmilk and aptamil - breastmilk is sweeter grin grin

i dont like to use the word ''chubby''. i prefer ''well fed''. grin grin

well fed babies even look better in clothes. the other day i dressed my son in trousers, shirt, suspenders with leather loafers. grin grin see compliments. grin he looked so good that i was so proud and i literally forgot my CS scar. grin

firsttymum, biko listen to your hubby and boost your son's meals.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
helovesme:

i want to believe that its only in nigeria that nurses, et al carry this 'exclusive' matter on their head and will at any opportunity 'bully' mothers into it.

i cannot remember at any time having any health professional moan to be about what i do with my breast and how i feed my baby.

my son was on strictly breastmilk, formula and water for the first 6 months. as long as he is hitting/exceeding his milestones and growing in accordance with the growrth chart/percentile for his age - daz all - the health professionals were happy.

when i had the 6 months check with my HV and she asked about his feeding, i told her he was on breastmilk, formula and water. she was pleasantly surprised that he was still being breastfed and she really praised me. she told me that most mothers give up at 4 months and introduce solids.

breastfeeding is a lottttttttttttttttt of work - whether full time or part time.

In Nigeria, brutal exclusive( I.e without water) is what the nurses force mothers to do while they do d exact opposite. I could remember wen I had my baby girl in our military hospital come n see monitoring as if say na parade we dey. I don't knw Hw I forgot myself n dis particular over sabi single lady jst carry herself 2 my bed space dt I shd give her d water I'm giving my baby n give her breast. You need 2 see d way I looked @ her. Thk God she Kuku understood d msg. We jst enjoy discomfort in dis country ehnnn. After passing all d sleepless 9 months journey, sleepless night in d hospital cos of baby cries, I go Kon come hse n I no go fit sleep wth my baby cos of colic ( person go Kon tell me say mk I no give my baby gbomoro?) I go bite person ear b dt ooo. Kai, I hail all our mothers ooo. Colic get degree ooo. If u see d 1 dt troubled my baby ehhnnn. Everybody in d hse was soo scared esp @ nite cos she'll sooo cry wth her microphone voice dt d deaf go hear n ask ahn ahn wat happinnnn?

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
morenitemi:
Thanks mumsgirl27, I now guess it's teething as you said, he had his first set of teeth last month and the upper sets are on the way now I just succeeded in feeding him with carrot puree mixed with plain yoghurt and I just got custard and oats I pray he will accept that. Thanks for your advise.

you are welcome mama.hope he accept them.Regards to the young man

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
helovesme:

funny, i have tasted both breastmilk and aptamil - breastmilk is sweeter grin grin

i dont like to use the word ''chubby''. i prefer ''well fed''. grin grin

well fed babies even look better in clothes. the other day i dressed my son in trousers, shirt, suspenders with leather loafers. grin grin see compliments. grin he looked so good that i was so proud and i literally forgot my CS scar. grin

firsttymum, biko listen to your hubby and boost your son's meals.

You can say that again! "Well fed" babies look so cool when dressed, the clothe sits better on them.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2016
helovesme:

i cannot remember at any time having any health professional moan to me about what i do with my breast and how i feed my baby.

In the UK and western europe,you are "encouraged" to breast feed exclusively for 6 months including not giving water. But na encouragement. As long as the baby is doing well weight wise, is happy and alert, them no dey break head on top the matter...

if you are formula feeding, you can give some water as there is a higher chance of constipation but they try and tell you to limit it to a few sips from a spoon or cup as opposed to feeding bottle, so you dont fill their small tummies with water rather than food.

Infact in your hospital bag list, they will tell you to bring your own formula and bottles to the hospital, if you decide to formula feed as they dont provide that for you. They have sterilizer and hot water facilities for you to make up your baby's milk.

In Naija however...... una know say our tori must get K-leg, everyhing we do must turn to war! From chesting labour pains like a hebrew woman! , to exclusively breastfeeding the baby even for up to a year sef as if there is a prize or crown to be had.

Abeg tel aviv FAR from lagos, carry your hebrewness to oneside and pass me the epidural.

Also with the maternity leave being so short at only 3 months i dont know why they stress so much about it. Combined with the no-light situation in the country to store expressed milk well, it can be quite challenging to exclusively breastfeed and combine conventional 9-5 work ( or rather 5 -9 when you factor in lagos traffic)

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
undecided lipsrsealed...*sigh*

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ambient: 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
Pls mamas i dont know wether it has been treated but i would want to know how to boost my breast milk production my 3 weeks baby have officially reject formular and i dont wether he is getting enough milk because my breast appears very soft and my baby can suck breast throughout the night because he is always awake(another worry)
Pls help a ftm abeg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CoolOne1: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
firsttymum:

THANKS.
That being said...

ABEG MAMAS SUGGESTIONS ON BABY FOOD THAT CAN MAKE A BABY CHUBBY.
. Kia, u are too funny.Well, u may need to increase his number of feeds per day.i also think Genes play a part too.My son is chubby and am guessin he took after his dad.He is on frisogold,cerelac and Nan 2 with breastmilk as dessert and sleeping pills
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Am sure of luth but u can check FMC ebute Metta. No idea abt the price tho
Sure other mamas will help
thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
mumi kaffy4bill...a reminder mamgrin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by koredeeniola(f): 10:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
Mamas here shld pls enlighten me,my son will b 8 months old ds saturday bt he doesn't have any tooth yet, he hasn't shown any sign of teething,I was expecting d normal igbe eyin abi nt all children does dat?,he can eat for africa even witout teeth nd can stand on his own,is dere anytin to worry abt
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
koredeeniola:
Mamas here shld pls enlighten me,my son will b 8 months old ds saturday bt he doesn't have any tooth yet, he hasn't shown any sign of teething,I was expecting d normal igbe eyin abi nt all children does dat?,he can eat for africa even witout teeth nd can stand on his own,is dere anytin to worry abt
Nottin to worry abt mam..d big man is taking tins one step at a tym..no rushing o..my 2yia old boy had 4teeth for a yr plus..he jst added 8 atonce last 2wks nd no fever or any ish watsoeva.ehugs to him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by koredeeniola(f): 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
Fortius:

Nottin to worry abt mam..d big man is taking tins one step at a tym..no rushing o..my 2yia old boy had 4teeth for a yr plus..he jst added 8 atonce last 2wks nd no fever or any ish watsoeva.ehugs to him.
Thanks alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hafyz23(m): 10:56pm On Jun 21, 2016
What do you think could happen to a 4mth + to just start crying and squeezing face like he is in discomfort, would not take breastfeeding and dnt stop crying.
This neva happend before as he likes playing alot and eating. Help a dad.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
koredeeniola:
Zero tooth her at 8 months plus. Nothing to worry about.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MadameU: 1:03am On Jun 22, 2016
@Hafyz, I suggest you see a paediatrician, if your baby isn't playing and agile as usual and gives off an indication of being in discomfort then you should go have him checked out.
@ Ambient to boost milk production let your baby suckle more, feed on demand and on schedule, express milk and store for use later, get a breast pump to make it easier.E at healthy and regularly. Also Keep hydrated drink milk,or Ovaltine, tea, pap, milk , kunu Aya, watermelon.Above all relax more avoid stress there's no flow killer like stress.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 1:56am On Jun 22, 2016
Fortius:
mumi kaffy4bill...a reminder mamgrin

End product of kpekus by dh... hope u understand now wink
Sorry for replying late

One love always

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bqlekan(m): 5:40am On Jun 22, 2016
Mamas and papas grin in the house, I pray our bundle of joy will not turn to sadness in our lives. I pray we live to reap the fruit of our labour.

Pls I want to solicit for your support in the ongoing Miss nairaland contest. Kindly help vote our young, beautiful and intelligent contestant. No other one than Lanicky. We really need your vote. http://nairaland.com/Lanicky

Round 3 will commence 10 am today and end 6pm.

Format of voting
Just type

'I vote Lanicky
Cc NLJega'

Please don't forget to tag NLjega for your vote to be valid. Thanks
God bless us all.

Let me mention few.
cc:
kaffy4bill
Fortius
MadameU
Ozycy
Hafyz23
Koredeeniola
Rhukie
Coolone1
ambient
AlphaHandMaiden
Goldenruby
liftedHands
Mumsgirl27
sassyangel1
Helovesme
firsttymum
Nggie
Zaynie
Dunnybaby
And every other blessed mamas.
Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 22, 2016
shocked shocked....jeezzzz..ohmy!ohmy!!..am a learner o..tnx my senior.kaffy4bill av a luvly day ahead ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 22, 2016
Ambient...take hot Pap or milo ,bournvita,pounded yam works for sum mamas too..all d best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hafyz23(m): 6:59am On Jun 22, 2016
Hafyz23:
What do you think could happen to a 4mth + to just start crying and squeezing face like he is in discomfort, would not take breastfeeding and dnt stop crying.
This neva happend before as he likes playing alot and eating. Help a dad.
Thanks @MadameU
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Laeroy(f): 7:27am On Jun 22, 2016
dunnybaby:

Mama pls take it easy o,maybe u shld not take a lot of clothes from customers.explain to them DT u av to rest if not u may break down,or get a stay in help pls.God will assist u
Amen.....TANX
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Laeroy(f): 7:40am On Jun 22, 2016
sassyangel1:

Wow!!!! Seriously worn out!!!!! Mehnnnn, u gat 2 slow down so dt u don't break down n land in d hospital. Is it a joint business? If yes, ur hubby shd understd n help seriously or employ som1 cos taking of a child no b beans. Do not stress urself cos u wnt 2 prove super woman or u r a hardworking mother. U Berra b sane 4 ur child b4 depression sets it. The lord is ur muscle. This our country weh woman go dey hustle like man or pass man sef. It is well oooo... I Kent koma kill maself ooo ontop Hw much?
My sister U won't understand, I was the one who came here some couple of months back asking for business ideas just to support my husband cos his salary has been mortgaged at the end I chose to do laundry becos I felt it will gv me time for my kid and d family before this I tried applying to few as a teacher to few schools here in IJEBUODE but the salary isn't worth it.....so I resorted to LAUNDRY....The average WE make monthly is 25,000 whc isnt enof for the bills we incur, Now tell me how do I employ a stay in cotonou maid from this pittance when I'll monthly pay her 10k from it.......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:56am On Jun 22, 2016
koredeeniola:
Am in same boat with u o my sis, my own is even nine months, am very worried but I know mamas here will relieve us. Meanwhile I don't think teething cause diarrhea only that immunity will be low to fight infection for them, putting dirty things in mouth cause it and not teething. there can only be mild fever.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=Laeroy post=46805603]
hmmmm...may d Lord bless u for supporting ur hubby nd He will bless ur home nd relieve u of dis burden,dis country is jst sumhw o nd its evrywia..pls do find tym to rest as already adviced by mamas here nd consume fruits cuz it helps to reliev tension frm d system nd ..dis might sound silly o bt its jst one of d ways i mak myself happy..i use 30mins to listen to music nd dance to my fav song ..i feel young nd happy aftagrin.i wish u all d best mam nd pls kip scouting for beta job too,dnt relent.regards.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 22, 2016
mimzy:
[b]A very good morning to you all

My sincere apologies for flooding your mentions cry

I just want to use this medium to say thanks to you all for standing by MIMZY so far and also to remind you that TODAY IS THE SEMI FINAL cheesy cheesy

I still need all of you so much as I cannot bear this weight on my own cry and that's why I humbly plead with you to come out and cast your vote for MIMZY AS THE NEXT MISS NL2016. cheesy

Here is a link to today's voting thread
Voting commences by 10am and ends by 6pm
https://www.nairaland.com/3180901/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final#46802897

Just copy and paste this format

I VOTE FOR MIMZY

CC: NLJega

God bless you all immensely. I really do appreciate

Senior Beedam
Miraclemum
Kaffy4bill
Fortius
Onegai
And every other blessed mum in the house

NAOMI IS SAYING A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL FOR BRINGING HER MUM THIS FAR. GOD BLESS YOU ALL IMMENSELY.[/b]

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby: 10:44am On Jun 22, 2016
koredeeniola:

nothing to worry abt BT all to be thankful for.my Ist walked before teething too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:53am On Jun 22, 2016
dunnybaby:

na im make I dey fear anoda belle now o.make d third one no com be boy 3.Happy for u o.may God preserve d bundle of joy in d womb

Amin oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.