Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (798) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401863 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by princessG35: 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
ambient:
I can't even take fresh air in peace grin grin
Hahahaha just like my son wey no dey rest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2017
Gloriawinning:
I am five months and barely have a bump , I had my 20 weeks routine scan and baby is fine and healthy . It's my first and I'm not craving anything nor am I irritated. I feel great , but in first trimester I was ill for a month or so. Are there any common discomfort in third trimester?
I mean common discomfort that's normal in third trimester. I don't mean any complications you had personally , just general 3rd trimester symptoms. thanks
Tiredness and plus all the 1st trimester ills may return in full force.

Click the link to mingle with other expecting moms later you can return here when you've had your baby smiley congrats by the way.

https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
harbeordune:
Good day momas', pls I noticed dat my LO's neck is always tilted to the right wen he is held up, it gives me concern, wat can I do. He is 15 weeks old.
Nothing is wrong with him, my nephew was like that as a baby and we all thought there was something wrong with the neck till we took him to the hospital doctor checked and said he is fine, he stopped it by himself can't remember when sef.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
harbeordune:
Good day momas', pls I noticed dat my LO's neck is always tilted to the right wen he is held up, it gives me concern, wat can I do. He is 15 weeks old.

If you're worried its best you get a Dr to check him out!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ambient: 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
harbeordune:

It happens when you keep him in one position while he is sleeping, try to be changing his sleeping position frequently, left then right and maybe straight up.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by harbeordune(f): 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
@ ambient, babythug nd coldfeet, Thank u so much, i'll watchout to change positioning more frequently.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bisoye82: 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
UmmTwins2:
mummyhere's our complaint: for 2 days now he's been running temp., (especially his head) n his eyes r bringing out dt "cheesy" blob of dirt(ipin in yoruba) not water; I give pcm n d temp., subsides to rise again (especially very early morning or in d evening). he's bringing out teeth (canines n premolars; 6 of them at once) but they'r all out already before this "condition" started so now I dnt know if it's teething or malaria....but with d dirt in d eyes....gumming his eyelids in d morning
Mama's please your advise is needed
My twin girl is also experiencing blob of dirt from her eyes but no temperature thou.
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 9:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
Bisoye82:

My twin girl is also experiencing blob of dirt from her eyes but no temperature thou.
Thanks
Dip a cotton wool in a saline solution you can get it from a pharmacy! Clean the affected eye wiping once to one side discard and use another wool to wipe to the other end. Do it each time the booger pools in the eyes. You may have to keep an eye on her cos this usually signifies the unset of a cold. If it doesn't go away or becomes red and itchy please take her to see a doctor.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 1:38am On Jan 21, 2017
Onegai:

Darling, you must learn how to hush, wait and let things play out. smiley

How is baby E.and himself?

My greetings to them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 8:05am On Jan 21, 2017
princessG35:

Hahahaha just like my son wey no dey rest
Hello mama, hw's the family? It's been awhile
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayolight(f): 8:39am On Jan 21, 2017
Hello mothers, I travelled to Ilorin yesterday for
some assignments. And i gave it a thought to
check on Tomilola. Been the first time in about
10 years of been to Ilorin. I met the mother at
post office where she has a small shop of
cosmestics.
Seen Tomilola, one will not believe she is having
any health challenge, but moving close to her
you will suspect something is out of place.
She has a very big tummy, which protrudes when
she breathes in and relax a bit when she
breathes out.
She is very light for her age.
She looks like a 4-6months old baby in stature
but her face says otherwise. I learnt she is over
1year old now.
She is neither crawling nor talking
But she is a very pretty girl. Very adorable and
cute. Her beauty helps to hide her health
condition.
According to the mother, she just recovered from
one of her several crisis.
My palasa cannot upload pix on Nairaland but
the pictures i took of her has been uploaded by
Someone on the thread created to solicit for funds on her behalf. Pls Click on my signature
Pls mommas lets help this baby. God bless you all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 8:50am On Jan 21, 2017
Coldfeet:
Dip a cotton wool in a saline solution you can get it from a pharmacy! Clean the affected eye wiping once to one side discard and use another wool to wipe to the other end. Do it each time the booger pools in the eyes. You may have to keep an eye on her cos this usually signifies the unset of a cold. If it doesn't go away or becomes red and itchy please take her to see a doctor.
Thanks for ur response ma'am. Is the name exactly that....saline solution? I'm going to get it now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2017
Bisoye82:

Thanks
My son stopped running temperature too n ppl keep telling me it's teething. I'll go try Coldfeet's suggestion. Hp ur daughter gets better soon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Queen1(f): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
SOS!!! Mothers please i need your help! they (dh n mil) are about to give my 6weeks old baby agbo (concoction). my dd has what Yoruba people call "eila" i don't know what its called in English. please what can i do to clear it off before the agbo arrives. here's a picture of the rash, though it's not very clear. cc zaynie, lifted hands, soonest, onegai, helovesme, and all other mamas please help a ftm out. thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
Queen1:
SOS!!! Mothers please i need your help! they (dh n mil) are about to give my 6weeks old baby agbo (concoction). my dd has what Yoruba people call "eila" i don't know what its called in English. please what can i do to clear it off before the agbo arrives. here's a picture of the rash, though it's not very clear. cc zaynie, lifted hands, soonest, onegai, helovesme, and all other mamas please help a ftm out. thank you.

Lol @ SOS.
If the agbo is for bathing only, I subscribe to that.
She might be bringing that red plant,,,,is it alphapha? Can't seem to let the name stick in my head.
Anyways, there is this potent leaf that is widely used in bathing babies with eela. Just make sure you dont use your favorite towel cos it stains.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Queen1(f): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
zaynie:

Lol @ SOS.
If the agbo is for bathing only, I subscribe to that.
She might be bringing that red plant,,,,is it alphapha? Can't seem to let the name stick in my head.
Anyways, there is this potent leaf that is widely used in bathing babies with eela. Just make sure you dont use your favorite towel cos it stains.
ma'am zaynie if it was only for bathing i wouldnt be worried o, they said she will also drink from it ni o. asked it
I can drink it while she sucks from bm dem say she sha must drink ni o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
Queen1:
ma'am zaynie if it was only for bathing i wouldnt be worried o, they said she will also drink from it ni o. asked it
I can drink it while she sucks from bm dem say she sha must drink ni o.

That is where you have to put your foot down, gently but firmly.
Is the baby ebf? Then declare nothing but milk go in there....

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
Queen1:

Use Sebamed soap and cream. It works like a charm. Would look for a before and after picture of my baby using it. In just 2 days there was a visible difference. Also help by reducing what would make her sweat.

But that Sebamed is expensive sha.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
Queen1:

I heard here that bathing with 'red flower‘ cures eela. Like Zaynie already said.

If they did not join you to push the child out, I advise you be in charge of what goes into the child's mouth. Na YOU born the pikin. Tell yourself that, and you'll be surprised at what decisions you can get away with.

Maybe use joke to insist lo doesn't drink it. Or form fabu story of how 3 mommies on nairaland said it killed their children. Or swear that your doctor friend warned you against it.

Maybe show dh askthepaedriatrician's post on eela.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
zaynie:

That is where you have to put your foot down, gently but firmly.
Is the baby ebf? Then declare nothing but milk go in there....
I agree with Z, bathing only please! My son had it one time and I totally refused the agbo way( both bathing and drinking ) I went to the hospital and guess what it was this same red acalipha abi wetin dem dey call am undecided they gave me to put in his bathing water though already processed and bottled! And it worked.

Try to also keep her cool and topless during the day as heat and sweat can irritate the skin and make her very uncomfortable.

Cc Queen1

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SisiNini(f): 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
Queen1:
SOS!!! Mothers please i need your help!

I was in your shoes last week... My MIL prepared "agbo" for my DS... She said it cures colic and that he would drink it... I didn't object but was dying inside... When I couldn't take it again (Na only me push d pikin na)... I quietly and firmly approached her that deep in my heart I don't want my son to take the "agbo" and that she shud allow me to take it while he sucks from me... She replied that she won't give my DS again if I don't want him to take it... I was over-joyous... My MIL might feel bad abt it but I no look face o...

Quietly tell her you don't want your baby to take the agbo... Please stand ur ground on some issues; even if you have to say it jokingly... Please don't keep quiet because u want to be in her good book... For ur DH, "strongly" explain the possible implications to him too...

May God bless our LOs...

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 10:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
Queen1, get baby tribotan and apply in the affected area or boil red acalypha in water and use it to bath her. No agbo or herbal concoction for baby's tender liver, pls insist.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 6:33am On Jan 23, 2017
mother please, sorry for my Neva ending complaints. I av Wicklow in one of my fingers, aching me lyk mad and I av a 5month old baby without house help, pls do I manage, any home remedy to treat d Wicklow? thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2017
eolowu1:
mother please, sorry for my Neva ending complaints. I av Wicklow in one of my fingers, aching me lyk mad and I av a 5month old baby without house help, pls do I manage, any home remedy to treat d Wicklow? thanks
YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR FAST! Meantime place ice on the affected thumb to ease swelling and pain, soaking in salt water helps too, take vitamin c to boost your immune system to help you fight it off internally, Please do not burst the lesion. Whitlow is caused by viral herpes and it's very contagious see your doctor for medication before it gets to others around you especially your baby.

Good morning .

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 23, 2017
Can someone help me with Mrs Tooth fairy contact, please is verrry urgent. Good morning mama's
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amypearl: 9:57am On Jan 23, 2017
babythug:

Congrats!

It may not be colic could even be hunger! Are you exclusively breast feeding ? Are you sure he's getting enough? He may also just be hot do you layer him excessively? Just express some milk into a bottle and be sure he's getting enough then we move on from thee.

You also avoid eating beans, dairy products bf m and overly spicy foods for now

Thanks for the response dear, am certain it's colic cos he eats very well. I haven't started taking dairy products yet since my cs. No beans and spicy foods yet too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 10:52am On Jan 23, 2017
Eoluwu1, pls go and see a doc and not a nurse or chemist pls, knew an old classmate that lost a finger to Whitlow. It won't be ur portion.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
pls mamas how do I care for my son's circumcision. it was done dis morning and the bandage just fell off. the site is bright red and he cries hard if I try to wear diapers on him. so I left it open applied Vaseline . Wat do I to make it heal fast. How do I bath him, how do I soothe him cos his sleeping on my arm now ND I don't know what to do when he wakes up
zaynie tchwinnie ND Oda sabi mamas

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2017
Charmy, what type of circumcision was done for your son, plastibell or traditional method?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
hotmomma:
Charmy, what type of circumcision was done for your son, plastibell or traditional method?

traditional
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 3:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
Aww, heard that method is so painful for the child. Well, get ready to over bribe him with breast and petting. Paracetamol for babies was given to me to use for ds when he did his although wasn't traditional mtd but I don't knw if you mind giving him that for pain but if u would do, pls use prescription.Pele ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 7:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
CharmyBliz:

traditional

I did the ring method but I remember I was given penicillin to rub there with each diaper change and pls avoid bathing the p this night n 2moro morning.kpele,I was singing to my son 'to be a man is not easy ...'.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.