Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4405515 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 02, 2017

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dunni29(f): 8:37am On Mar 02, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good evening mama's
My ds is supposed to have his 6th week immunization on Friday. I was told to give him pcm but I don't remember how many hours interval they said I should give hin

Pls those of you that have done 6th week immunization, when did you administer pcm? And at how many hours interval?
We took ours last week. I only gave pcm drops when she showed fever after the immunizations. The drops were 0.4ml every 6hours or 4 times a day. Please note that some pcm syrup are not made for kids below 1yr so look at the instructions well before administration. Ensure that the one you purchase specifically stated for babies below 1yr

Modified.
Please also use cold water to massage the injection site during bath time. Some vaccines cause the muscle around the area to bunch up

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dunni29(f): 8:43am On Mar 02, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Really? I think I'll not give him. The nurse told me to give him before the immunization and her reason was that 6th week immunization is usually very painful for babies and can make them feverish

And I hate to give him drugs anyhow

Giving the baby pcm before the injections inhibits the effectiveness of the vaccine as it causes the baby to have a reduced antibody response to the vaccine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dunni29(f): 8:47am On Mar 02, 2017
classic01:
Evening mums please my 8weeeks old baby makes some sound in his chest as if he has cough Wat can I give him to stop it or Wat should I do plz help a ftm
Does he sound congested like he's got a cold? You can put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in his bathe water and on his clothing in front so he can inhale. Saline drops into his nose if he's got a nasal congestion and use nasal aspirator to suck out loosened mucus
Unfortunately no medication for colds at this age

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tippex(f): 9:21am On Mar 02, 2017
iomoge2:

My baby is 4 months too
And she had even taken injection o as test showed infection...
I was suspecting her food too cos d pupu changed d moment we bought a new pack of aptamil... she had been using aptamil since 2weeks old... i just felt its d aptamil thats bad. I dumped it n got another one. A different batch number and all.
Dunno o.
should i go back to nan1? Or is 4months their shitty shitty time.

Loool, maybe 4 months is truly their shitty shitty time. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 9:24am On Mar 02, 2017
luscioustrish:

Hello teamie..long time no mention grin
How's your boy? smiley

He's fine teamie darling. We are waiting for him to start sitting well so that we can register him for Waec grin grin grin. Hows your little angel.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 10:05am On Mar 02, 2017
smiley
jazzyjazz:
Really? I think I'll not give him. The nurse told me to give him before the immunization and her reason was that 6th week immunization is usually very painful for babies and can make them feverish

And I hate to give him drugs anyhow

I guess you guys are there now.

Incase tht place starts swelling, just get water that is cold, but not extreme, apply it on his facetowel then put it there, no press am o
just leave it there for a bit, remove, leave it, remove...after like 3 times, stop. If he gets cranky again, you can repeat to reduce the discomfort.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:10am On Mar 02, 2017
I'll wait till after the immunization before I give him
Dunni29:

Giving the baby pcm before the injections inhibits the effectiveness of the vaccine as it causes the baby to have a reduced antibody response to the vaccine.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:10am On Mar 02, 2017
This is the one I bought.

I'll wait till after the immunization before I give him. I'll also take it with me to the hospital in case they ask me for it

Thanks for the response
Dunni29:

We took ours last week. I only gave pcm drops when she showed fever after the immunizations. The drops were 0.4ml every 6hours or 4 times a day. Please note that some pcm syrup are not made for kids below 1yr so look at the instructions well before administration. Ensure that the one you purchase specifically stated for babies below 1yr

Modified.
Please also use cold water to massage the injection site during bath time. Some vaccines cause the muscle around the area to bunch up

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:13am On Mar 02, 2017
It's tomorrow.
Thanks so much for the tip I appreciate
MizMyColi:
smiley

I guess you guys are there now.

Incase tht place starts swelling, just get water that is cold, but not extreme, apply it on his facetowel then put it there, no press am o
just leave it there for a bit, remove, leave it, remove...after like 3 times, stop. If he gets cranky again, you can repeat to reduce the discomfort.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:14am On Mar 02, 2017
I Don pack the panda for my bag already. I no want stories that touch
hotmomma:
Juliao, pls just follow what mamaoo said, I will be resuming soonest and my 16wk old Ds is exclusively breastfed and that's what I will do too, thumbs up mamaoo,
Jazzyjazz, abeg carry panda go for that immunization but only administer after vaccination, that ish is painful for them, get ready to dance, pet and even cry lol, one small advice, hold his thigh firmly when d vaccine is administered to prevent abscess later.
Besea, wow, I can't even imagine this your story, so scary to do so. Thank God oh!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:15am On Mar 02, 2017
Hmmmmmmm
Make I call my padi for the hospital to confirm

helovesme:

i have realised that different doctors/nurses/health visitors give different advice regarding administering paracetamol before immunisation. i guess this is because different hospitals have different vaccine schedule.

for mine, paracetamol is a MUST and the vaccines will NOT be administered without confirming that the baby has been given paracetamol and what time/dosage. my son had 5-in-1 vaccine (diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b) ,Pneumococcal vaccine, Rotavirus vaccine and Men B vaccine at 8 weeks.

in a nutshell, if you have been told to give your baby PCM before her vaccination, please do. Fever as a side effect of vaccines can be very stressful for both mum and baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dunni29(f): 10:16am On Mar 02, 2017
jazzyjazz:
This is the one I bought.

I'll wait till after the immunization before I give him. I'll also take it with me to the hospital in case they ask me for it

Thanks for the response
Panda is also okay. As long as it's stated for neonates. Don't worry some babies don't even have any side effects

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:28am On Mar 02, 2017
Chei
My own eyaf finis oq
zimunachimdi:
jazzyjazz,that 6 weeks vaccine showed us shege ooo. Thank God for pcm. My son temp rose. Mil even called severally to know how he was faring. I think i gave three times for that day. At the health center they kept shouting,hope we came with our pcm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:31am On Mar 02, 2017
It's for neonates.
I pray he doesn't have any side effects o
Cos when this boy is cranky, it's never funny o
This past 2 days that he's been cranky hehn, I Don hear am
Dunni29:

Panda is also okay. As long as it's stated for neonates. Don't worry some babies don't even have any side effects

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:32am On Mar 02, 2017
Make I begin pray be that
I hope he doesn't have any temperature after the immunization
MamaOO:

I guess it depends on your healthcare provider and yourself. If you feel comfortable with it or not. My baby is 6months old and he's has like two rounds of vaccinations or so. At 8 weeks and 16 weeks. They didn't even mention giving him any medication and at the one he had at 8 weeks, I tried to give him baby Tylenol but he spit it out. So I didn't bother again. He didn't cry or fuss at all after thre initial cries when he got stuck with the needle. His temperature was alright and he just slept a lot. So I didn't bother with any medication the next time he took his vaccinations and he was fine and dandy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by WambyDiapers: 11:21am On Mar 02, 2017
Follow, follow, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter because it will be juicy and we don't want anyone to miss out.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by WambyDiapers: 11:24am On Mar 02, 2017
Hello mums. We have launched our Newborn prefolds (we listened to feedback and gave this great option!). We also hear mums say "I don't know how to use the prefold and snappi", so we have put up a very pic-heavy tutorial on how to use prefolds on our blog.

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/03/hurray-for-our-newborn-cotton-prefold.html?m=1

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/03/how-to-fold-cotton-prefold-on-babyand.html?m=1

Below is a pic of our pretty model who is about 4 weeks plus in our Newborn cotton prefold. So a nice organic choice from birth plus you can use it later as a doubler and booster for older babies and more inserts.

Meanwhile, we showed a couple of grandmas and nurses at a big GH in Lagos state and they all folded and snappied without us showing them how. Then they proceeded to "yab" new mums and call them "small gehs of nowadays who will born and don't know much" but we defended your honour! grin and said we would get 10 pics of fluff Mamas confidently using prefolds. So please help us by sending in your pics of your sweet babies in diapers (so that matron and Apex nurse will eat their words). We can do this!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Haleematm(f): 11:35am On Mar 02, 2017
abeg experienced mothers pls contribute. I did exclusive for my son. through out d period I was not eating abnormally. Now dt he has started eating other things I noticed dt I am begining to feel light headed frequently due to hunger. and the rate at which I eat has increased. I am yet to loose my pregnancy weight dts why im worried. pls is it normal? pls share ur experience after 6 months of exclusive breast feeding
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luscioustrish(f): 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
BellaElla:

He's fine teamie darling. We are waiting for him to start sitting well so that we can register him for Waec grin grin grin. Hows your little angel.

Aha! We're in the same shoes,started practicing small small,he'll be 5 months next week...happy registration kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
Haleematm:
abeg experienced mothers pls contribute. I did exclusive for my son. through out d period I was not eating abnormally. Now dt he has started eating other things I noticed dt I am begining to feel light headed frequently due to hunger. and the rate at which I eat has increased. I am yet to loose my pregnancy weight dts why im worried. pls is it normal? pls share ur experience after 6 months of exclusive breast feeding
Check your blood and sugar level that's what I can think of now could be responsible.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 12:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
@Besea, thank God for His ever present protection.
We shall never cry over our loved ones in Jesus name, Amen!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

cc besea

I don't think they were trailed, they probably noticed a lone woman with a baby in the car and thought ... easy target. these things are usually crimes of opportunity.

Anyways all na speculation, lets just thank God for your family. because robbers are usually more violent with men, if your BIL was in car it could have been a very different story.

May God continue to protect us and ours and may evil not see us or come near us. i hope your SIL is ok as she seems to have been the one to bear the brunt of the whole ordeal.

OK, I get.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by classic01(f): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
Thank you so much God bless you
Dunni29:

Does he sound congested like he's got a cold? You can put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in his bathe water and on his clothing in front so he can inhale. Saline drops into his nose if he's got a nasal congestion and use nasal aspirator to suck out loosened mucus
Unfortunately no medication for colds at this age

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 3:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
boladale:
Hello mums. Pls can anyone help me on info for vaccinations? My baby is 2 and half years old now but only took vaccinations given by the govt. So i discovered she missed chicken pox, pneumonia & otitis media, MMR, rotavirus, meningitis, typhoid fever and perhaps any other I'm not aware of. We would really like to have her get them. Is this still possible? Can anyone who knows help me with info on costs and where they can be accessed please? I live in festac but can take her anywhere within Lagos.

Just saw this.

You can ask for the other ones from the health centre at festac, ask for nurse Uwakwe there. She will answer all your questions. Better still, go to an hospital and ask. EMEL gives immunization on Fridays, La Bonne Sante at 321 road gives on Saturdays. All the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
Haleematm:
In addition to liftedhands suggestions, do a PT too grin

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
After a successful 6months ebf cool my DS is now on pureed solids. Initially we battled with constipation but now he poos easily.....But the quantity of poo that comes out from such a tiny body is worrisome Is this normal or should I be indeed worried?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
Pls mamas in the house, my 2weeks old baby has rash on his forehead and some part of his face. His baby oil is coconut oil and my sil always rub some on his face after bathing him . What kind I do to remove it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by valeriechima(f): 8:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hello mums, I'm so glad I'm here...I have a lil challenge, I breast fed my son exclusively for 5months and I have resumed work. I decided to give my him pap but he is not eating. I stopped and I gave him only formula milk(similac). He is refusing everything I give. What do I do? Help me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 8:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
sugah:
After a successful 6months ebf cool my DS is now on pureed solids. Initially we battled with constipation but now he poos easily.....But the quantity of poo that comes out from such a tiny body is worrisome Is this normal or should I be indeed worried?

is it very runny poo ?

it must be his diet.

stop all pureed FRUITS totally (including fruits combo such as baby rice and apple) and see if there is any improvement.

if you notice any improvement, then gradually reintroduce fruits back to his diet but be mindful of the quantity. eg. one slice of apple a day or 3 small slices of banana a day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 8:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Chanbaby:
Pls mamas in the house, my 2weeks old baby has rash on his forehead and some part of his face. His baby oil is coconut oil and my sil always rub some on his face after bathing him . What kind I do to remove it?

sounds like heat rash.

try not to overdress your baby. no need for multiple layer of clothing, thick shawl, woollen hat, etc especially if you live in Nigeria. overdressing a baby encourages breakout of rashes and they are sometimes hard to treat/stop when they start.

reduce the various layers of dressing, use a very light shawl to cover her when indoors (or none at all) and apply baby tribotan on the affected areas. it should clear in a week or there about.

if you stick to the above and the rashes continue to appear, then you might have to stop the coconut oil and get something else.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.