Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,054 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391970 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Not really.she is jus healthy.her foods are portion controlled.dy r normally not more than 120ml. She loses interest fast.so jus small small den every. 2 to 3 hrs

Pretty princess.. I love her smiles. Keep it up mummy. I jus wish she will b my daughter inlaw

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
rofemiguwa:

She has bin using coconut oil from day one.it started when MIL started placing her on her back to sleep.prior to that.my mom placed her on her tummy and sides.

Will buy their product den.i even got sebamed shampoo.that one is worse dries her hair like mad.thank God na weekly shampoo tinz.her hair for don strong kakaraka.

Just ensure u get conditioner.

Bday is coming o.
She must do bday hair.
grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Not really.she is jus healthy.her foods are portion controlled.dy r normally not more than 120ml. She loses interest fast.so jus small small den every. 2 to 3 hrs

Awwww
So pretty.

When i saw dat ma lady should be eating 7scopes now...i got worried.
Now ma mind is at rest.

Well don mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
iomoge2:

Awwww
So pretty.

When i saw dat ma lady should be eating 7scopes now...i got worried.
Now ma mind is at rest.

Well don mama

Hahahahahaha my husband use to joke that those guys jus want their product to finish fast fast so u come back for more.thats why they will write 8 scoops per meal.hehehehehe
Dunno if its true o.if u try that with my pikin u go chop 2/3 of the food.once she don chop reach.as u dy put am for mouth she is bringing it out for you.she will jus collect it and spit it out immediately.

Just relax.as long as she dey chop.me i make small small den feed often.i also make sure its nutrient dense so the little she eats goes a long way.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Hahahahahaha my husband use to joke that those guys jus want their product to finish fast fast so u come back for more.thats why they will write 8 scoops per meal.hehehehehe
Dunno if its true o.if u try that with my pikin u go chop 2/3 of the food.once she don chop reach.as u dy put am for mouth she is bringing it out for you.she will jus collect it and spit it out immediately.

Just relax.as long as she dey chop.me i make small small den feed often.i also make sure its nutrient dense so the little she eats goes a long way.

I tell u.
Ma lady has started staring at my food like no mans business.
Then she grabs my hand and licks it when am eating yo taste d food. Lol

She will be 5months tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2017
iomoge2:

I tell u.
Ma lady has started staring at my food like no mans business.
Then she grabs my hand and licks it when am eating yo taste d food. Lol

She will be 5months tomorrow.

Berra bring out her own plate and start giving her small small... she may be one of those children that after her first taste of pounded yam and betta soup, she will spit out your nipp.le the next time you try to breastfeed her ! grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 7:13am On Mar 24, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Berra bring out her own plate and start giving her small small... she may be one of those children that after her first taste of pounded yam and betta soup, she will spit out your nipp.le the next time you try to breastfeed her ! grin grin grin
Lol
Am trying to hold on to 6months...
Plus she would def be a picky eater....cos she tastes everything first even bmilk.
Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 11:53am On Mar 24, 2017
gwng:
Educational Toys for Kids:

Wooden Shape Sorting Clock (#2,000): learn shapes, colours, numbers and counting then gradually to learn to tell the time. Teaches fine motor skills, numbers, colors, shapes, and concepts of time. Can help cultivate baby’s hands, eyes, brain coordination ability, exercise finger flexibility to guide the baby paradigm shift capability, essential goods for the children to learn and grow

Tetris Brain Teaser Puzzle Toy (#3,500): Creative puzzle, using a variety of building blocks, posing a variety of graphics. Aims at Training kids imagination, eye-hand coordination and color & shape recognition

Early Mathematics Educational Box with Wooden Numbers (#3,000): Learn numbers and alphabets, Learn simple maths arithmetic, Helps develop kid’s intelligence and practical manual ability.

Kids Educational Microscope Kit (Magnifies 100-1200X) #7,500: Microscope Kit encourages scientific exploration and discovery, introduces a key scientific tool in a fun way.Provides high magnification for educational applications,100x, 400x, and 1200x Magnification. Super educational toy includes everything necessary for a child to be introduced to science and get started dissecting specimens. Monocular viewing head with LED,Comes with multi-piece accessory kit

Call 08060675824 to order or visit https://edtech.com.ng/product-category/educational-toys/

Delivery available all over Nigeria

Educational Toys for Kids:

Wooden Shape Sorting Clock (#2,000): learn shapes, colours, numbers and counting then gradually to learn to tell the time. Teaches fine motor skills, numbers, colors, shapes, and concepts of time. Can help cultivate baby’s hands, eyes, brain coordination ability, exercise finger flexibility to guide the baby paradigm shift capability, essential goods for the children to learn and grow.

Early Mathematics Educational Box with Wooden Numbers (#3,000): Learn numbers and alphabets, Learn simple maths arithmetic, Helps develop kid’s intelligence and practical manual ability.

Call 08060675824 to order or visit https://edtech.com.ng/product-category/educational-toys/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
Good afternoon mamas

How do I get to OGunlana Drive from Oshodi?

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hi Mamas last night my baby slept from 11 till 5:30 and didn't wake to eat. I tried waking him he no answer. He's just 5 weeks, is he too young to be sleeping throughout the night? He eats well normally but the bobo likes to sleep
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
public transport or driving?

rezzy:
Good afternoon mamas

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
@feddy27
Pls what did u do 4 ur girl to start eating again
Zoe dont wanna eat again.

Presently she is on Aptamil and Nubi bottles
Any other mama pks input.

She is just 5months now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
Please mama's is it okay to deworm a year old baby? cc helovesme cc Zaynie and all sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hi Mamas last night my baby slept from 11 till 5:30 and didn't wake to eat. I tried waking him he no answer. He's just 5 weeks, is he too young to be sleeping throughout the night? He eats well normally but the bobo likes to sleep

That's almost 7hrs of sleep without feeding. In my opinion, a 5 weeks old baby shouldn't sleep that long without taking in food. I think you should always try to wake him up if its becoming a regular thing. He should feed at most every 3-4hours. More experienced mamas will shed more light
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
LadyPrecy:
Please mama's is it okay to deworm a year old baby? cc helovesme cc Zaynie and all sabi mamas

My baby was dewormed at 7months. It was written on the immunization card thought that deworming is done at 6months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
mitchyy:

My baby was dewormed at 7months. It was written on the immunization card thought that deworming is done at 6months
Ok thanks Mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
iomoge2:
@fedd...y27

She is just 5months now.

O dear! It's a phase

I see u bought august secret products, I also use dem. When she wakes up, breastfeed her, then she should take anoda nap till around 10. Then feed her pap or rice. You need to make it sweet o. I add pureed apple or pureed banana to her pap with enough milk. If it's ground rice, I cook with coconut milk or I add pureed carrots. Make it a bit watery and you have to be patient with her. Take it slow ehn, she will be fine

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
LadyPrecy:

It is.
But check with a pharmacist or Paed on the best choice for drug.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
rezzy:
Good afternoon mamas

Thanks

Oshodi-Mushin/Ojuelegba- Masha.
Ogunlana drive is at Masha and it's quite long sha.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
hunniesuzie:

He's too young to sleep that long.
Did you put breast in his mouth and he refused?
But if this is the first time or afterwards he was awake for a longer while than usual, then it's fine. But if he is always sleep or feeling drowsy, you might want to let your Paed know at the 6th week postpartum clinic.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
iomoge2:
@feddy27

She is just 5months now.

She might want a change of meals.
Bring out the elubo grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
zaynie:

It is.
But check with a pharmacist or Paed on the best choice for drug.
I definitely will do just that. Thanks Sis

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
zaynie:

She might want a change of meals.
Bring out the elubo grin

I was eating boiled yam n egg n she was opening her mouth.
I mashed small yam like a tiny bit n gave her. She ate o. shocked shocked shocked
Chio.

I got nan1 and avent bottle.
She drank d nan very very well. But am still watching.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
feddy27:

O dear! It's a phase

I see u bought august secret products, I also use dem. When she wakes up, breastfeed her, then she should take anoda nap till around 10. Then feed her pap or rice. You need to make it sweet o. I add pureed apple or pureed banana to her pap with enough milk. If it's ground rice, I cook with coconut milk or I add pureed carrots. Make it a bit watery and you have to be patient with her. Take it slow ehn, she will be fine

Her dad says i should stop it.
Her nanny at d creche thinks its not time too.

I am d one eating my thing n drinking my pap too.

Am patiently waiting 4 six months but she is losing weight now. Like looking slimmer.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mizbaby(f): 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hello lovely mamas, pls assist me. I'm an ftm, its just me, hubby and baby o, no mum or mil to assist me here. Ds has very dry skin, I took him to the paediatrician and was told to use eucerin and bathe him with very little soap. I had already ordered for Cetaphil, I have bought the eucerin but plan to use the cetaphil when it finishes because the on the eucerin it says avoid contact with eyes and ds rubs his face and eyes a lot.

Please who has used Cetaphil baby wash and shampoo and Cetaphil moisturizing oil, is it very good for dry skin. We are in Alberta, Canada and the weather here is extremely dry.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 24, 2017

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:24am On Mar 25, 2017
mitchyy:

Mama Mitchyy...longest tym. Hows Hansel?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mizbaby(f): 3:08am On Mar 25, 2017
brownsugars:

Cetaphil is very good for dry skin. My Lo developed very dry skin which started scaling too. Cetaphil or aquaphor were prescribed for it. My elder Sis swears by cetaphil for dry skin, but the only issue is its a bit pricy in the long run.
I tried aquaphor and after the $6 tube only lasted us for 2days, I just jejely went and brought out my Shea butter, coconut oil and mixed them together very well and that's our own perfect brand for dry skin since then.

I think they (Eucerin, Cetaphil, Aquaphor) all get the job done, pediatricians just pencil down their different individual preferences.

You might really want to reduce the quantity of soap you use when bathing your Lo if you bath more than once a day.

Thanks very much. I bathe him just once a day. I got the Cetaphil for 14cad which is cheaper than the Eucerin I bought for 22cad so I think I will stick with it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 8:16am On Mar 25, 2017
Please my baby brought back cough n catarrah from creche for me.i cant find st louis sugar around my area.pls can i use granulated sugar.how many teaspoon.

Pls what else can i use for the catarrah.i have being doing steam inhalation but the mucus no gree comot. Abeg help us

Zaynie,iomoge2,helovesme.other sabi mamas

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2017
rofemiguwa:
Please my baby brought back cough n catarrah from creche for me.i cant find st louis sugar around my area.pls can i use granulated sugar.how many teaspoon.

Pls what else can i use for the catarrah.i have being doing steam inhalation but the mucus no gree comot. Abeg help us

Zaynie,iomoge2,helovesme.other sabi mamas

I think u can. Cos i used it recently n it worked.
Just mind d neasurement.

Then for the steam inhalation....am sure if the mucor in d throat comes out... it will be easier for it to come out.

Other mamas will input.
Pele.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 9:17am On Mar 25, 2017
@ rofemginwa, after one month of serious cattarh and trying all I knoe., I got olbas oil and it worked. You might give it a try. Olbas oil for children.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 10:38am On Mar 25, 2017
enque:

Mama Mitchyy...longest tym. Hows Hansel?

Hansel is doing great. Recession doesn't give us enough time to follow up on the thread anymore. How are you guys doing now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.