Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412480 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hernyhorla: 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
Good evening mamas,please I need advice on the best electric breast pump to buy . This is my third pregnancy and for my first and 2nd, I wasn't working so I just used the manual camera . Right now, I wish to buy one that will fast and pumps wells. Your recommendation is highly needed, please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Hi kidco. Its wambydiapers

The blog address is :

http://mameandboo..co.uk/?m=1

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hello mamas. happy sunday, to all of us, I pray for a blessed week, our week willbe less of stress and fruitful to the glory of God.
Am planning start weaning my kids but the thought of them loving breast like kilode is giving me headache. I don't really know how they will react to it. My hubby said I should wait till they are a year six months, that like seven months aways, huh? Can I cope, I beg am managing till they are a year old.

Pls what's the best practices for weaning kids?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
olubankemi:
Hello mamas. happy sunday, to all of us, I pray for a blessed week, our week willbe less of stress and fruitful to the glory of God.
Am planning start weaning my kids but the thought of them loving breast like kilode is giving me headache. I don't really know how they will react to it. My hubby said I should wait till they are a year six months, that like seven months aways, huh? Can I cope, I beg am managing till they are a year old.

I am all for gradual retreat. As that worked well for me. My dd was completely weaned at 10 months.

Planned to breast feed till she was 12 months but i noticed that my 10 months she wasnt bothered with breast and would do without. So i kukuma pack my thing go keep.

Are they on solids at all? What is your usual daily feeding routine - solid/ breast/ formular.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

I am all for gradual retreat. As that worked well for me. My dd was completely weaned at 10 months.

Planned to breast feed till she was 12 months but i noticed that my 10 months she wasnt bothered with breast and would do without. So i kukuma pack my thing go keep.

Are they on solids at all? What is your usual daily feeding routine - solid/ breast/ formular.

Thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate.

10months, that's nice.

They will soon be 11 months old oo.

Daily feeding routine- pap/cereal/-cereal/breast/solid/rice/beans/fruits-cereal.

Before anyone of them sleeps, I always breast feed, that's anytime of the day.

But most times they don't even bother in the morning after eating they sleep, but if I had to pet to sleep in the morning they must suck.

I must admit that they have reduced their day time suck suck, like yesterday I had to beg them to relieve me when my chest became so heavy but at night, they wake up like 3times each to suck. I really don't know why, I sleep in their centre so i just turn to anyone who needs my attention, am having a feeling it's because I give them too much attention that's why they wake up so much to suck.

Or what do you think?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 6:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Chia no experience yet. @olubankemi

Good Morning house.
Please can a breast fedding mum take worm medicine?
I need to deworm.
If yes... which donu advise?
I haven't deworm myself in close to 2years now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Doynb:
Evening mamas, pls help me profer solution to the rashes on my daughter's bum plus the area is peeled and red because she's been stooling for Some days now..
Cc zaynie, Alphahandmaiden, Onegai, Comtem2011 and other sabi mamas
Thank you
u can apply sudocream and also free her from diaper during the day. With time, it will dry up. Hope the stooling has stopped? if no, pls take her to the hospital for proper treatment.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:42am On Mar 27, 2017
iomoge2:
Chia no experience yet. @olubankemi

Good Morning house.
Please can a breast fedding mum take worm medicine?
I need to deworm.
If yes... which donu advise?
I haven't deworm myself in close to 2years now.
Mum Zoe, I will advice u to ask ur Dr to guide u.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:53am On Mar 27, 2017
olubankemi:

Reduce it gradually till they feel the taste no more. U can't just stop them at a go, it's a gradual process. that's what works for me. Rather than breastfeeding at night, give them cereal.

In another news, let me quickly go and re-open my register on the pregnancy thread.

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:40am On Mar 27, 2017
olubankemi:

Thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate.

10months, that's nice.

They will soon be 11 months old oo.

Daily feeding routine- pap/cereal/-cereal/breast/solid/rice/beans/fruits-cereal.

Before anyone of them sleeps, I always breast feed, that's anytime of the day.

But most times they don't even bother in the morning after eating they sleep, but if I had to pet to sleep in the morning they must suck.

I must admit that they have reduced their day time suck suck, like yesterday I had to beg them to relieve me when my chest became so heavy but at night, they wake up like 3times each to suck. I really don't know why, I sleep in their centre so i just turn to anyone who needs my attention, am having a feeling it's because I give them too much attention that's why they wake up so much to suck.

Or what do you think?

Personally i feel the night feeds are for comfort.

I hail you oh! How do you even manage to survive the daytime if you wakeup at least 6 times to feed your babies... shocked

You should try and stop the night feed. Give yourself a month to stop the night feeding.
●Use the first 2 weeks Cut it down to 2 feeds maximum, and space it out evenly so that if they wake up anytime before 1am its water. Around 1 am you feed them. Anytime before like 4 or 5 am, its water as well and if they wake around 4-5 you feed.

●the next week cut it down to 1 breast feed per night.
Cut out the 1am feed and give water. Only feed them IF they wake up between 4 - 5.am mark.

●then the final week no more feeds.

Take water with you in a sippy cup. As soon as you hear peem just start patting and petting them. You may find they may just go back to sleep, they may just want to know that you are still here.

If they start getting restless, give them some water in the sippy cup and then just pat them back to sleep. They will resist at first. But it they realise that its most likely only water,; they will go back to sleep.

Note: for then sippy cup, do not get the ones with straw, or the ones without valve. You want to able able to blindly plug thier mouth ( whilst half asleep) without the whole bed getting wet or you having to raise their heads to drink. Get the ones with a valve, so it stops water spilling if turned upside-down. ( due to hygiene i personally only use the cups with the clip-on valves with water.... no milk or any other drink. )

Try not to associate petting to sleep with breast feeding. As then they wont now want to sleep if there is no breast.

I can imagine its much harder with 2 babies. So you may have to tailor any advise to suit your condition.

You can try and introduce formular. When its time for their usual bm/ nap / sleep, give them the bottle let them feed themselves. What i use to do with dd was so go to bed with the milk, give her the bottle, she will drink by her self and then start playing with the empty bottle. Then i just pet her and she will eventually sleep by herself. As opposed to me breast feeding her, then rocking her to sleep.

This is my own two - cents.
Hope it helps....

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:48am On Mar 27, 2017
comtem2011:
Reduce it gradually till they feel the taste no more. U can't just stop them at a go, it's a gradual process. that's what works for me. Rather than breastfeeding at night, give them cereal.

In another news, let me quickly go and re-open my register on the pregnancy thread.

Yay! Congratulations.... grin cheesy grin

In my view giving cereal is just replacing one bad habit with another....
I can understand if it is once in a while, but every night!?? lipsrsealed undecided
Abeg make we just carry mattress go sleep for kitchen,... lol!

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 9:14am On Mar 27, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Nne please kindly tell me measurement of the sugar.how many tsp u use.meanwhile the mixtur÷ na morning afternoon night abi?? .or na as many times as possible.
Abeg help me. D cough is deep eh!

The sugar actually depends on d size of oil. Thats why no measurement perse

But since she has started eating... u can use level measured teaspoon of sugar and 5tbsp palm oil.
Let her drink every hour. 1 teaspoon of d mixture every hour.she will cough out the mucor in 24hrs .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 9:29am On Mar 27, 2017
hernyhorla:
Good evening mamas,please I need advice on the best electric breast pump to buy . This is my third pregnancy and for my first and 2nd, I wasn't working so I just used the manual camera . Right now, I wish to buy one that will fast and pumps wells. Your recommendation is highly needed, please.

iomoge2 will help you with your question, i think she has used different types and still fell back into using the Camera manual.

I bought avent manual and didn't like it, stressful pumping and pumping. Automatic is always better i hear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:44am On Mar 27, 2017
Congrats comtem2011.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 9:51am On Mar 27, 2017
good morning good mamas in the house. please my 5 months old baby has cough and i bought benylin for children. my worry now is that the dosage reads from one year as 5ml. can my baby take it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:07am On Mar 27, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

I can understand if it is once in a while, but every night!?? lipsrsealed undecided

Thanks ma!!

Ma, how can one go about it then? Though cereal was what saved me during the weaning period, rather than breastfeeding at night, I gave him cereal or tea and this reduce the rate at which he used to feed at night. Then , during the day also, I reduced to breastfeeding like 2x, later reduced to 1. after 2 weeks, if I say suck suck he will just put his mouth and bite my nipple. That was how I stopped finally. Then dealing with engorgement again is another work, but warm compress helped me and I was relieved finally after 1week.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doynb(f): 11:48am On Mar 27, 2017
comtem2011:
u can apply sudocream and also free her from diaper during the day. With time, it will dry up. Hope the stooling has stopped? if no, pls take her to the hospital for proper treatment.
Thanks for your response ma'am and congratulations. The stooling has reduced, got discharged from the hospital yesterday evening.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 11:53am On Mar 27, 2017
hernyhorla:

I hear medela is good.
I also hear lansinoh (spp?) Is good too.

I got *kinyo* from mothersbond... google the site.
i like it gan.....pumps really fast.
If on a low budget... with this economy... u can get this... china but good.
Double pump is 34k

i got Nubi too (dual-manual /electric ) didnt like it cos wheb i got it i wasnt lactating so i blamed it...lol but after lactating well i liked it.. but had already moved on to kinyo.

@wholesomegrace
I went back to camera cos my work is not demanding again.
So i jusy pack my electric keep For my next children.
The camera manual serves me well o.....abi is d one am calling camera not camera? See pix.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
Doynb:

Thanks for your response ma'am and congratulations. The stooling has reduced, got discharged from the hospital yesterday evening.

Pele dear.
Wen my girl was stolling.... see what i did

I put a markintorch on my bed, put an old bedsheet over it then layed her on it and used my old cloth under her bum..... i then lay beside her and we stay that way.
After every pu... i change d old cloth and wash.
Then use water to wash her bum.

This was 4 3 days o. At night i wear her daipers.
And the already mildly gathered rash disappeared.
I was also applying castrol oil n zinc cream.

But when she was going to creche i made sure they change her aftet every pu. Use water to rinse and apply d cream b4 the bew daiper.
This is because using wipes can further irritiate the irritated skin.

Pele dear.
Thank God u r back home.
Just continue making sure baby is hydrated.
My baby was eating and drinking after every pu n urine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 12:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
Fyngal1:
good morning good mamas in the house. please my 5 months old baby has cough and i bought benylin for children. my worry now is that the dosage reads from one year as 5ml. can my baby take it?

No ma.
Its for children n not infants.

Just see a doc for the right one to use.
My hubby got neofylin or so and we didnt have to ise it.

But palm oil n sugar has been my saving grace.
We dont cough 4 up to 2 days in my house since i knew this mixture.... adult inclusive grin

Thanks to Mummy Zaynie

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 12:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
Congrats comtem2011

Am ready to join you soon even if i still have IUD on. grin cheesy
Congratulations dear.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Please ma. When can d night food stop.
My madam only sucks when sleepy or at night.
She is 5months now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
comtem2011:

Waoo, congrats. Safe carriage by God's grace.

Thanks for the advise.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doynb(f): 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
iomoge2:

Pele dear.
Wen my girl was stolling.... see what i did

I put a markintorch on my bed, put an old bedsheet over it then layed her on it and used my old cloth under her bum..... i then lay beside her and we stay that way.
After every pu... i change d old cloth and wash.
Then use water to wash her bum.

This was 4 3 days o. At night i wear her daipers.
And the already mildly gathered rash disappeared.
I was also applying castrol oil n zinc cream.

But when she was going to creche i made sure they change her aftet every pu. Use water to rinse and apply d cream b4 the bew daiper.
This is because using wipes can further irritiate the irritated skin.

Pele dear.
Thank God u r back home.
Just continue making sure baby is hydrated.
My baby was eating and drinking after every pu n urine.
Thanks for the tips ma'am,will try this method
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
iomoge2:
Congrats comtem2011
Am ready to join you soon even if i still have IUD on. grin cheesy Congratulations dear.
Ok now, let's go there.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Personally i feel the night feeds are for comfort.

I hail you oh! How do you even manage to survive the daytime if you wakeup at least 6 times to feed your babies... shocked

You should try and stop the night feed. Give yourself a month to stop the night feeding.
●Use the first 2 weeks Cut it down to 2 feeds maximum, and space it out evenly so that if they wake up anytime before 1am its water. Around 1 am you feed them. Anytime before like 4 or 5 am, its water as well and if they wake around 4-5 you feed.

●the next week cut it down to 1 breast feed per night.
Cut out the 1am feed and give water. Only feed them IF they wake up between 4 - 5.am mark.

●then the final week no more feeds.

Take water with you in a sippy cup. As soon as you hear peem just start patting and petting them. You may find they may just go back to sleep, they may just want to know that you are still here.

If they start getting restless, give them some water in the sippy cup and then just pat them back to sleep. They will resist at first. But it they realise that its most likely only water,; they will go back to sleep.

Note: for then sippy cup, do not get the ones with straw, or the ones without valve. You want to able able to blindly plug thier mouth ( whilst half asleep) without the whole bed getting wet or you having to raise their heads to drink. Get the ones with a valve, so it stops water spilling if turned upside-down. ( due to hygiene i personally only use the cups with the clip-on valves with water.... no milk or any other drink. )

Try not to associate petting to sleep with breast feeding. As then they wont now want to sleep if there is no breast.

I can imagine its much harder with 2 babies. So you may have to tailor any advise to suit your condition.

You can try and introduce formular. When its time for their usual bm/ nap / sleep, give them the bottle let them feed themselves. What i use to do with dd was so go to bed with the milk, give her the bottle, she will drink by her self and then start playing with the empty bottle. Then i just pet her and she will eventually sleep by herself. As opposed to me breast feeding her, then rocking her to sleep.

This is my own two - cents.
Hope it helps....

Ohhhh, thanks for this. I so much appreciate you. Really helpful and have bookmarked it for future use self.

But the water thingy, they vehemently refused water when I trie it oo.

As for how I cope, Hmmm, I sleep in their middle at night, when they wake up at the same time u simply face up and they each take the breast in the side n suck tilll they sleep off and I position them well again.

Once I get their snacks and I allow them scatter, then sucking is the least thing on their minds during the day except when they wants to sleep.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
olubankemi:

Waoo, congrats. Safe carriage by God's grace.
Thanks for the advise.
Amen ma, tapping from Ur anointing o, Twins!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
comtem2011:
Amen ma, tapping from Ur anointing o, Twins!!!

Receive them by God's grace.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
@iomoge2: can d oil nd sugar thingy be given to a 5 month old baby? i thought sugar cannot be given until a baby is 6 months?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2017
iomoge2:

No ma.
Its for children n not infants.

Just see a doc for the right one to use.
My hubby got neofylin or so and we didnt have to ise it.

But palm oil n sugar has been my saving grace.
We dont cough 4 up to 2 days in my house since i knew this mixture.... adult inclusive grin

Thanks to Mummy Za.ynie

This one you're sounding like this, hope you haven't been getting high on palm oil and sugar cheesy

#RunsOut. tongue

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Does any mama have idea on how much general hospitals in Lagos charges to repair a large hernia above the belly button?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Doynb:
Evening mamas, pls help me profer solution to the rashes on my daughter's bum plus the area is peeled and red because she's been stooling for Some days now..
Cc sabi mamas
Thank you

Sorry for the late reply. Glad to know you are back from hospital. .. i see other mamas have responded.
If you are not as brave to do iomoge's commando technique grin, you can do bum free time between each nappy change. About 5 mins or so.

Be generous with your bum cream. I really cant decide if sudocream is that moisturising but others swear by it. By the way i mostly use cloth nappies so i cant really use zinc based creams anyway.
I tend to use my own mixed cream with cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil or i just use her normal body cream and add some generous helping of coconut oil.

Change nappy more frequently even if only pee. And bypu can use a clothb wipe wl and water to clean her bum if only pee as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: pyceey(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.