Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,035 members, 7,863,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (888) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4466356 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 12:28pm On May 05, 2017
Lmao at bobby full everywhere cheesy grin
Having the same issue,most of my old clothes don't fit around the bobby area cry, can't imagine having to shop cos of work undecided

Wanted to buy tommee tippee manual breast pump but the reviews im seeing online is not encouraging shocked embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 12:32pm On May 05, 2017
@oubankemi Most of this helps are like that, its just a pity, the thought of leaving my daughter with a stranger scares me,most people can't be trusted but what can one do than place them in Gods care
Maybe you should source for another help but what is the gurantee she will be any better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 12:39pm On May 05, 2017
sugah:

I'm a 32H, I senior you small grin grin
I actually worry the wrong band size of bra all my life! I wore a 36D even while I was weighing less than 60kg. Then it increased to Double D but until I went to dunni's and she measured me to be a 32waist size. The difference is clear with my new bras, I can actually run in them without having to hold my boobs.
Most naija women wear wrong size of bra.

No. 1, me grin up till now I don't know my breast size, I know I look out for size 36, I don't understand the d or dd or c part.
After 3 kids, breast no still big sad

As for weight part I weighed 75kg pre pregnancy, and 83 post pregnancy, and I am still lepa, so I don't understand why @ jazzy jazz @sugah both of you are trying to lose weight. You won't know I just gave birth, my dd is almost 12weeks, I dey find fat sef
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 12:59pm On May 05, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Hmm keto
I tried it oh for 2 days
But my son suffered. Breast milk supply reduced drastically! And I did the one for nursing mums o.
I just advised myself and stopped
Now I download videos of intense workouts meant for weight loss and flat stomach.
The result is slow cos I'm not consistent as I no get house help and I'm alone with my son and the boy too like cuddle. Lol

Sorry dear, the one for nursing mums is actually jollification compared to the actual keto. Enjoy the fat small grin.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 1:03pm On May 05, 2017
chychy4us:

No. 1, me grin up till now I don't know my breast size, I know I look out for size 36, I don't understand the d or dd or c part.

As for weight part I weighed 75kg pre pregnancy, and 83 post pregnancy, and I am still lepa, so I don't understand why @ jazzy jazz @sugah both of you are trying to lose weight. You won't know I just gave birth, my dd is almost 12weeks, I dey find fat sef

Are you sure that weight is accurate? I weigh 84 and orobo has taken over. Maybe you are tall and have plenty muscle sha. Even pre-preggy when I was 73, I was stil oroboish

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:40pm On May 05, 2017
MamaOO:

Lmao. I wear size 4-6 clothes but I'm a G cup. Infact 32G like Sugah sef grin. The only place I buy bras is at Soma and Wacoal. Cos I went to Victoria secrets and the idiot salesgirl said it out loud to me (and everyone else there). We don't carry your size!! cheesy cheesy

You might have to get resized for a bra though, cos I used to wear D cups then, but the will always jump up annoyingly. The bras I get from those places might be expensive but they're very durable and last looonggg! Now I'm even able to wear strapless bra. Praise the lord!! grin
So we plenty like this? Even alpha mama carry sef? Issorit cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 4:35pm On May 05, 2017
nazablossom:
we are doing fine, thank you very much ma, I appreciate . how is your Prince?

Good to hear from you. He is fine, getting ready too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nazablossom(f): 4:57pm On May 05, 2017
Gaily04:

Good to hear from you. He is fine, getting ready too.
yes oo, that's nice. May baby's rocks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:25pm On May 05, 2017
chychy4us:

My sister if you saw me before Peggy days ehn I was a perfect size 8! But now? I'm very sure I'm a size 10! I'm a smallish person so if I add weight small, e de show. And after giving birth, the way my hips and ass popped ehn lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 5:44pm On May 05, 2017
chychy4us:

You are 83 and lepa? shocked how is that possible? I was 73 prepregnancy and now 77 post but I think the extra 4kg is in my cheeks, boobs,arms and tummy. People that knew me prepregnancy now say I've turned orobo cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 5:47pm On May 05, 2017
wholesomegrace:

Are you sure that weight is accurate? I weigh 84 and orobo has taken over. Maybe you are tall and have plenty muscle sha. Even pre-preggy when I was 73, I was stil oroboish

Yes oh it is, I weighed 83kg @9months pregnancy, m sure I am back to my regular 75kg. I am not just a fat person, just tall, I think it's d big bone thing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 6:03pm On May 05, 2017
jazzyjazz:

My sister if you saw me before Peggy days ehn I was a perfect size 8! But now? I'm very sure I'm a size 10! I'm a smallish person so if I add weight small, e de show. And after giving birth, the way my hips and ass popped ehn lipsrsealed

Hahaha lucky you, I used to have that at the back of my mind that after giving birth, I ll pop up in d right places, for where, I still dey as I dey.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 6:14pm On May 05, 2017
Onegai please can these wamby diapers pass as swimming diapers?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydeporch(f): 6:30pm On May 05, 2017
It's d turn of our weight today. I weighed 95kg prepregnancy , by middle of first trimester I was 85kg. I was 92kg by delivery date (though on diet).now am weighing 78kg.my husband bought 2trousers for me and they were loose,hubby didn't like dt I lost weight because it dodnt fit as he expected. size16 is now big for me. He was telling me to be eating well when he was going back. That's what bf is doing to me. Hope am able to keep watch on d weight after I stop bfding.

The bra case is another tin entirely. Me dt I like to pack everything very well. Used to wear 42dd but after sizing at BHS b4 buying, I bought 40d and they have bbm ok as maternity bra but now dt av lost weight. With time I will find solution to it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 05, 2017
Us with small weight and small boobs. When will I weigh 60kg bikonu.
Happy birthday in arrears and advance to all MAY 2016 babies.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TFeminist(f): 9:44pm On May 05, 2017
Akuko! Lol
obinrinrere:
it could be a sign of under feeding,may be breast is not enough again

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:00pm On May 05, 2017
brownsugars:
Mamas Wholesomegrace and iOmoge2 pls where can one get info on keto for nursing mums?

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend...
Just check facebook for ketogenic nursing mums

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 05, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 05, 2017
Oh my, everyone thanks so much, this shows how much we loves our kids. You mothers. Are number one best mothers in the whole world. Kisses. Thanks for the care, advise, love and all.

@Onegal, you so on point! Like you saw her and narated all her vices. Waoooo, every dam thing you mentioned are in her plus others. I have turned a nag. I shout daily. I hadly sleep during the day time, wetin be hardly, I don't sleep. I don't ever leave them with her at home and sleep, something will go wrong. Before now I used to be worried about her hand picking attitude but now I had to tell myself at least she can't sha eat all I have at home so I go to bath without carefully listening to how she opens the kitchen door. Wetin I never see? Infact I don't even want anybody again, I want my simple life. She don break things so tey she break my hubby's office laptop screen.

Yeah, it has been decided, she is going, Ican'tfitcomangethypertension.

Life na jeje.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 3:44am On May 06, 2017
greetings mamas. pls i nid more opinoons. is circumcision painful? mamas dt hv baby boys?
cc babythug. zaynie sugah olubankemi and all sabi mamas. dont read and pass cos we hv circumcision on monday and il love to know wat we are abt face, d stuffs i read online say na like surgery, surgery ke? egbami oo abi mk i leave d peepee lia dat?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:25am On May 06, 2017
sugah:
Onegai please can these wamby diapers pass as swimming diapers?

Yes. The diaper covers only. Swim diapers are not supposed to be absorbent, they are supposed to keep poop out of the water. At the club, I put them over disposable swim diapers (I practice US style of double protection because a lot of kids do training and squad there) and disposable swim diapers break down after one use because of the chlorine so they don't hold leaks as well.
So make sure you get a snug fit with the diaper cover around your baby's thighs for no poop leaks. Try adding 3 fleece liners inside it (for softness), it should work fine (worked for other Mums but I'm training a female Michael Phelps, so madame stays an hour in the water with coach wink).
When you get the reusable Diaper covers, make sure you rinse the cover out very well after swimming, as chlorine is hard on everything (hair, skin, swim diapers etc). Working on reusable, unisex swim diapers (soon) so I'll keep you in mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:24am On May 06, 2017
Gr8fulHeart:
greetings mamas. pls i nid more opinoons. is circumcision painful? mamas dt hv baby boys?
cc babyth.ug. z.aynie su.gah oluba.nkemi and all sabi mamas. dont read and pass cos we hv circumcision on monday and il love to know wat we are abt face, d stuffs i read online say na like surgery, surgery ke? egbami oo abi mk i leave d peepee lia dat?
Are you doing it in Nigeria? If yes, then it's painful... Very painful.
How old is your baby? The earlier it's done the better because when they are still a few days old they get over the pain quicker than when they are older.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:25am On May 06, 2017
Thanks onegai. Would try and order one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 7:56am On May 06, 2017
sugah:

Are you doing it in Nigeria? If yes, then it's painful... Very painful.
How old is your baby? The earlier it's done the better because when they are still a few days old they get over the pain quicker than when they are older.

No ma. It's not painful because it's done in Nigeria. Where, the method and who does the circumcision determines the pain.

@ Gr8fulHeart, I had my first son in 2008, he was circumcised in a private hospital here in Lagos by my gynae and he did not cry and it was ok after some days. Same with d second one in 2010. I think they were circumcised 1 month after birth.
If you do it d traditional way, expect pain and loss of blood because they use razor and fire. I really don't know but it's very painful. I don't know d method they use in general hospitals but if you're using a private one with modern equipment, it's d same experience you'll get anywhere in d world.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 8:07am On May 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Aah you're lucky na. My own nightmare is that my belly is still big
I was 50kg pre pregnancy now I'm 63kg!
I was 65kg two weeks ago but I've been doing cardio and HIIT workouts at home. I'm still on the intense exercise I need to get my sexy back

65kg is not bad o,, or are u short. cos I'm 65 kg and my colleagues keep complimenting me DAT i don't look like a woman DAT has dropped 2
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by voucher(f): 8:13am On May 06, 2017
[quote author=Gr8fulHeart post=56252347]greetings mamas. pls i nid more opinoons. is circumcision painful? mamas dt hv baby boys?
cc babythug. zaynie sugah olubankemi and all sabi mamas. dont read and pass cos we hv circumcision on monday and il love to know wat we are abt face, d stuffs i read online say na like surgery, surgery ke? egbami oo abi mk i leave d peepee lia dat?

Leave it like that ke? Nooo...circumcision is painful but it's something you have to do nd the earlier the better,my son was circumcised 8days after birth nd he cried oh,serious cry! But when he was brought out nd i fed him that was d end..then i was told to give him pcm that day and by the next day he was fine,the ring fell after 5 days
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:16am On May 06, 2017
Gr8fulHeart:

Lol don't leave it like that.
It's only painful while they're doing it. Afterwards it isn't so..do the ring one to reduce the risk of infection.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 8:25am On May 06, 2017
Graciouscharis:

razor and fire
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The address of the people using this method should be made public and sanctioned accordingly cry

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:28am On May 06, 2017
Graciouscharis:

No ma. It's not painful because it's done in Nigeria. Where, the method and who does the circumcision determines the pain.

@ Gr8fulHeart, I had my first son in 2008, he was circumcised in a private hospital here in Lagos by my gynae and he did not cry and it was ok after some days. Same with d second one in 2010. I think they were circumcised 1 month after birth.
If you do it d traditional way, expect pain and loss of blood because they use razor and fire. I really don't know but it's very painful. I don't know d method they use in general hospitals but if you're using a private one with modern equipment, it's d same experience you'll get anywhere in d world.
My nephew was circumcised in a private hospital in Nigeria and the boy cried and even refused to eat.. I don't think they are given pain numbing medicine.
My son was given pain numbing medicine and he was sleeping peacefully when they brought him back to me after the circumcision.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 8:36am On May 06, 2017
chychy4us:

83 and u call itself lepa... u want to weigh 100 ehn. 83 is fat o

(1) (2) (3) ... (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.