Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4409211 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 10:09am On May 21, 2017
jaysmama:

My 4 and half month old too does not like to lie down . I have to bathe him sitting up if not it becomes a struggle. He is the only 1 of my kids that I am experiencing this with. I guess each child is different

Sure babies are different, we just need to observe them, so we don't dull them grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:24am On May 21, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hayyy. My fresh bumbum. No oh, it's not me it's him. I know he's too young but you should see him. Once he's on his back he struggles to sit up and I'm trying to figure out how to stop it. Also the boy hates tummy time grin
Tchai!! I had to go reread what you posted initially. I misread the "struggling to sit part".

If he has good head control already then you can prop him up with pillows and give supervised sitting time. Please be careful so he doesn't fall and hurt himself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:54am On May 21, 2017
Ok ma. I'll only do it on my bed sef.
sugah:

Tchai!! I had to go reread what you posted initially. I misread the "struggling to sit part".

If he has good head control already then you can prop him up with pillows and give supervised sitting time. Please be careful so he doesn't fall and hurt himself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:08pm On May 21, 2017
zaynie:

Yorubas say 5months for a boy.
Signs to look out for is neck control. Can he raise his head from lying on his back?
You can put him to sit on his bouncer or rocker if he wants to sit.

My mum started putting him to sit at 2 months. He's 4 months old now and he sits well on his own (with supervision). Sometimes he will stay without falling and sometimes he will fall. But he sits very well

Cc
Hunniesuzie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:10pm On May 21, 2017
Thanks Mama
jazzyjazz:

My mum started putting him to sit at 2 months. He's 4 months old now and he sits well on his own (with supervision). Sometimes he will stay without falling and sometimes he will fall. But he sits very well

Cc
Hunniesuzie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 12:51pm On May 21, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Thanks ma'am but please should I repost the picture of his pee pee so that you see the circumcision?
Ok.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:12pm On May 21, 2017
soonest:

Ok.

This is it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 1:51pm On May 21, 2017
chychy4us:

Of course, u can give your baby cod liver oil, it helps with the immune system and it promotes good sight and skin. Back then oh, when I gave birth to my daughter in navy hospital, if you don't buy cod liver, abidec, they won't discharge u and ur baby. You must present them before you will be discharged.

Thanks alot dear...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 1:56pm On May 21, 2017
@jazzyjazz, I really don't see what's wrong with the circumcision, just a little foreskin but it's really not a problem neither is it unsightly. The cap(glans) is very visible. Does the skin cover the cap on a normal day? I will say you should leave it, what does your doctor say?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:04pm On May 21, 2017
soonest:
@jazzyjazz, I really don't see what's wrong with the circumcision, just a little foreskin but it's really not a problem neither is it unsightly. The cap(glans) is very visible. Does the skin cover the cap on a normal day? I will say you should leave it, what does your doctor say?
The skin doesn't cover the cap. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow. Will update when I'm through with him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 21, 2017
Thank you. I can't wait for it to stop. It makes me so worried

enque:

U have 2 options ;
A- Don't give drugs, try some natural remedies and wait it out...(colic stops at 3 months)

B - Give drugs and see if it works.

I didn't give any drugs cos my DD didn't have very serious colic. I just waited it out.

Congrats n kisses to ur lo

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:52pm On May 21, 2017
Thanks ma

AlphaHandMaiden:

Ha ha ha !

i think she has just realised she has another appendage other than her hands. when my DD discovered her feet! we will find that the feet of her onsies were soaking wet from saliva! so we started wearing her socks as that was easier to change. i think she got bored after a while and stopped. sure it will be the same too for your baby. just remove her feet from her mouth when you see her do it. not sure there is much more you can do. it is unlikely to form into a habit like finger sucking.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 21, 2017
Hmm mm. Okay o. Thanks. It takes a strong heart to nurse a baby Sha. I've been worried!

hunniesuzie:
Wait it out. I swear it's very hard and if you see my post history I worried experienced mamas on this thread, the paediatrician sef hear whiin. But LO is 3 months and it's gone. I can't even say when it stopped but I just realised one morning that it had stopped
If your mind no gree gripe water/infacol are options. You can also make an infusion with cloves (kanafuru) and drink it. LO gets it through your breastmilk. All those are options I got that other mamas say worked for them but e no work for me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olulove(m): 4:25pm On May 21, 2017
Gaily04:
@lawvlyPearl, wataguan? Why have you gone on exile? miss you loads.
Happy Birthday to your princess. plenty kisses from us.

@olulove, Happy Birthday to your princess. Warm regards to madam.

Many thanks mam...celebration was low This year...She's still scared of standing by her self...celebration will be elaborate when she turn 2 by next yr...God's grace.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zuriela: 6:49pm On May 21, 2017
olulove:

Many thanks mam...celebration was low This year...She's still scared of standing by her self...celebration will be elaborate when she turn 2 by next yr...God's grace.

cutie... kiss kiss. she's adorable but careful with that eye pencil.
I don't like makeup on kids though
olulove:

cutie... kiss kiss. she's adorable but careful with that eye pencil.
I don't like makeup on kids though

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zuriela: 6:55pm On May 21, 2017
blank:

What i did for my 2nd son that loved walking on tip toes was to buy him ankle shoes (shoes that extend to the ankle). With the ankle shoes, it is not very comfortable to walk on tip toes and it made him correct his way of walking. The difference is that he was already walking when i noticed it. I don't know if it will work for your child.
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by izik31: 7:29pm On May 21, 2017
please my new born baby has joindis as they call it and it's over a month now and no improvement. we try d normal sun vitamin d but it still persists
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by izik31: 7:30pm On May 21, 2017
please my new born baby has joindis as they call it and it's over a month now and no improvement. we try d normal sun vitamin d but it still persists . is there any drug I can use?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:38pm On May 21, 2017
izik31:
please my new born baby has joindis as they call it and it's over a month now and no improvement. we try d normal sun vitamin d but it still persists . is there any drug I can use?

Y don't u go back to the hospital since u said its over a month and no improvement.
I don't know of any drug to cure jaundice

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opejulie10: 7:46pm On May 21, 2017
izik31:

my baby also had jaundice, we discovered it after she was 8days old.. I started using unripe pawpaw soaked in water for her, two baby spoons three times daily, we bathe her with it and also do the early morning sun stuff and it cleared within a week, but your baby is a month old already so it is better you take her to the hospital for proper treatment since you didn't detect early.... Wishing you baby speedy recovery

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luscioustrish(f): 7:46pm On May 21, 2017
izik31:

Morning sun
Unripe pawpaw,cut into pieces and soak in water for 3 days in a new bucket with cover,after that use it to bathe your baby morning and night, then give him to drink.. one teaspoon is enough.
This was what I did even after he was under phototheraphy or so...can't remember the name.

Hope this helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by izik31: 7:55pm On May 21, 2017
luscioustrish:

Morning sun
Unripe pawpaw,cut into pieces and soak in water for 3 days in a new bucket with cover,after that use it to bathe your baby morning and night, then give him to drink.. one teaspoon is enough.
This was what I did even after he was under phototheraphy or so...can't remember the name.

Hope this helps
thanks will try dat

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydeporch(f): 9:23pm On May 21, 2017
sugah:

Lemme ask you what my doctor asked me.....when you say cattarh, what do you mean? Is anything coming out of his nose or you are just hearing him breathe like his nose is stuffed?
Exactly what i have in mind to ask. If nothing is coming out of his nose. He will outgrow it. Just follow other mamas advice wt silverbird.
It will stop . My boy experienced d same till 2mnths plus
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by portable4real: 10:30pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=izik31 post=56744999]please my new born baby has joindis as they call it and it's over a month now and no improvemen

with my little knowledge and experience.. I think if it is mild it should have subside by now.
please why not take ur baby to the hospital for proper evaluation. let her have her serum bilirubin level checked and other investigation.

Jaundice is not something to take with levity hand in a baby. it complications are usually fatal in them. let them rule out the cause. I think if it is physiological it should have take it course. might be as a result of infection or other causes which are called pathological causes

well done ehn.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iyceconcept: 10:46pm On May 21, 2017
Gr8fulHeart:
@nita, tnks 4dt detailed corn preparatn mixture.
Pls I want to ask what is tom brown? I hear ppl talking abt it.
Secondly, dt soyabeans, sm say boil and sun dry, some say fry and grind. Biko wich is d real one? Mama, pls answer

Q1. Tom Brown is a food formula specially used for weaning babies. It is highly nutritious when properly prepared and the right constituents
used. This food formula originated from Ghana and its a daily meal in Ghana. The Ghanaian Government introduce this food formula to help
nursing mother deal with the problem of malnutrition for their babies. Its constituents include;
-Soy Bean
-Corn
-Millet
-Groundnut
- Crayfish(optional)

It is tested and trusted. The RDA(Required Dietary Allowance) that a baby needs to grow healthy are all present in this food formula.
This is what my baby have been feeding on since she was 4months old and the difference is very clear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettmum(f): 10:50pm On May 21, 2017
sugah:

Lemme ask you what my doctor asked me.....when you say cattarh, what do you mean? Is anything coming out of his nose or you are just hearing him breathe like his nose is stuffed?
Lolz mummy Ayomide, yes he is breathing like his nose snuffed and nothing is coming out from his nose. How is your prince charming.?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:53pm On May 21, 2017
@mama Boomz, Happy Birthday to your son
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:09am On May 22, 2017
jaysmama:

Thank God . Babies make you scared when they are down. Well done mama.

Thank you Ma. Have a very blessed week.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 2:02am On May 22, 2017
[quote author=olubankemi post=56752240]

Thank you Ma. Have a very blessed week.[/quote
Thanks dear. You too . Kisses to the babies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:50am On May 22, 2017
Una neva ansa me fa cry cry cry!
Jazzy
Enque
cry cry cry
Sansa143:
Morning oh,i have come again!Pardon us dis ftm,we can so ask question!So I woke up dis mrn to find my right hand wrist swollen(though I dislocated it in 2014 n is yet to heal properly n d site dat is swollen more is where d thumb is)no crious pain sha,hope is ntin to wori abt?Pls,just as I said pardon us d jjc's!Epp me ansa,dont read n pass!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:36am On May 22, 2017
Sansa143:
Una neva ansa me fa cry cry cry!
Jazzy
Enque
cry cry cry

Sorry dear...
I've gat no idea
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:45am On May 22, 2017
mydeporch:

Exactly what i have in mind to ask. If nothing is coming out of his nose. He will outgrow it. Just follow other mamas advice wt silverbird.
It will stop . My boy experienced d same till 2mnths plus
My boy had same thing......it's nothing, It's normal. There's even no need for the silverbird sef.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.