Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4392103 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:39am On May 23, 2017
feddy27:

Jazzy, sorry dear I didn't reply all your mentions... the tiredness these days is sometin else..i do more of reading.. I just had to comment as regards the househelp

1. With domestic staff, no room for assumptions.! Show them exactly how you want things to be done eg. feeding baby, preparing meals, washing clothes etc. Their background is diff from urs as such they might have some crude ways of doing things. Example, I explain to my nanny how to prep my baby's food, washing clothes + what qty of comfort to use for rinsing clothes, how to diaper baby (yes! cos they used napkin with pin in her days so this is different). Try to communicate as much as possible.

It's okay I understand. I know most mama's here work smiley
Thanks for the response. I'll definitely do this. How's beautiful Fedora and her big bro

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 11:15am On May 23, 2017
queensnow:
Good evening

Mamas make una help me oo my anus hurts wen ever I sit an decide to stand before delivery thought it was baby head that press down on it and it will stop after delivery but to my surprise it started again 3days after delivery, wheneve I sit down and decide to stand up I felt sharp pain in my anus area after I stood up it will stop
It only occur wen I sit and decided to stand
Anyone experienced dis before or with ideas on wats going on and d cure bcus I yam tired ooo
I experienced same cos it was like I pushed the baby out from my anus. It's stopped after two weeks. Do sitz bath it will stop. Pele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 11:23am On May 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Thanks so much for the links. I'm going 5o read them extensively now.

Ilan is fine now. The boy hates medicine like kilode just like I did when I was a kid *and I still do sef*

*coughs coughs* errm should I say congratulations? grin
you this mama sef.
Biko bye bye.
I'm so scared to even use test strip.

Please read, it should help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 11:26am On May 23, 2017
Yesitsme:
I experienced same cos it was like I pushed the baby out from my anus. It's stopped after two weeks. Do sitz bath it will stop. Pele
okay I will try that thank u. Hot water, salt and dettol?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:28am On May 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

It's okay I understand. I know most mama's here work smiley
Thanks for the response. I'll definitely do this. How's beautiful Fedora and her big bro

They are fine my darling. Have you sorted out the circumcision ish? Didn't see the pic so I couldn't contribute. If it has to be redone, then he should be under anesthesia.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:56am On May 23, 2017
Jazzy, I'll sit this one out as I have never had a maid so I don't know what to do in such situation.
Good luck! kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Treasures02: 12:44pm On May 23, 2017
Baby girl dresses for sale. Call 09059293608

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 1:39pm On May 23, 2017
queensnow:
okay I will try that thank u. Hot water, salt and dettol?
warm water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:52pm On May 23, 2017
feddy27:

They are fine my darling. Have you sorted out the circumcision ish? Didn't see the pic so I couldn't contribute. If it has to be redone, then he should be under anesthesia.

Yes I have. I went back to the doctor who saw me throughout my pregnancy period. Since he's a surgeon and the only one that would say things the way they are, he looked at it and said its not a problem. He also said that it was noted in my son's hospital file that there was lots of fat in the genital area during the circumcision. He said not to fret that as he's growing, it'll come out well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:55pm On May 23, 2017
zaynie:
Jazzy, I'll sit this one out as I have never had a maid so I don't know what to do in such situation.
Good luck! kiss

Never had a maid? How do you cope MA?
I've been having a very hard time coping. I barely have time for dh or myself cos I'm always exhausted at the end of the day. Honestly it's not easy at all

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:56pm On May 23, 2017
MizMyColi:

you this mama sef.
Biko bye bye.
I'm so scared to even use test strip.

Please read, it should help.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:17pm On May 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Never had a maid? How do you cope MA?
I've been having a very hard time coping. I barely have time for dh or myself cos I'm always exhausted at the end of the day. Honestly it's not easy at all

It's never easy.
I wake up early, bathe the girl or both if there's time.
Make breakfast and their school lunch.
Pack extra clothes in their bag for after school the night before.
Then I feed the girl before I leave and Moyo and his dad sort themselves out.
My husband is self employed and works close to their school so he drops them in school (teachers are always complaining of late coming) .
In the afternoon he goes to pick them up and drops then with my mom (she lives about 15 mins away from us)
I close from work or school and pick them up cos husby always busy in the evenings. I can only ask him to if I'm running late or sick.
I get home, make dinner, feed both kids and we hit the bed.
I clean on weekends (we're hardly ever home anyways), Wash on weekends with my washing machine, cook in bulk at the beginning of the month also go to mile 12 to buy in bulk sonic get to buy all I need in one market, someone comes home to make our hair and pedicure grin(to save time of going to the salon), get someone to iron for me, someone to come in and wash my car ( I don't see myself spending 2hours at the car wash abeg.)

My husband, my mom, my in-laws.
They are my support groups wink

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 23, 2017
Mama Zaynie, has that your family friend gotten a nanny job? There is a new advert on SDK blog for a nanny in Surulere. 20-35years,neat, patient and good with children. Number to call is 07083335962.
Its urgent according to the advert.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:35pm On May 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Yes I have. I went back to the doctor who saw me throughout my pregnancy period. Since he's a surgeon and the only one that would say things the way they are, he looked at it and said its not a problem. He also said that it was noted in my son's hospital file that there was lots of fat in the genital area during the circumcision. He said not to fret that as he's growing, it'll come out well

Ok, that's fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:33pm On May 23, 2017
zaynie:

It's never easy.
I wake up early, bathe the girl or both if there's time.
Make breakfast and their school lunch.
Pack extra clothes in their bag for after school the night before.
Then I feed the girl before I leave and Moyo and his dad sort themselves out.
My husband is self employed and works close to their school so he drops them in school (teachers are always complaining of late coming) .
In the afternoon he goes to pick them up and drops then with my mom (she lives about 15 mins away from us)
I close from work or school and pick them up cos husby always busy in the evenings. I can only ask him to if I'm running late or sick.
I get home, make dinner, feed both kids and we hit the bed.
I clean on weekends (we're hardly ever home anyways), Wash on weekends with my washing machine, cook in bulk at the beginning of the month also go to mile 12 to buy in bulk sonic get to buy all I need in one market, someone comes home to make our hair and pedicure grin(to save time of going to the salon), get someone to iron for me, someone to come in and wash my car ( I don't see myself spending 2hours at the car wash abeg.)

My husband, my mom, my in-laws.
They are my support groups wink

You're very lucky.
My mum lives an hour away and she's a civil servant.
Mother in-law lives 4 hours away
No relatives close by
My people are in akwa Ibom and dh people are in jos!
My grand cousin who is always a huge help when she comes is in the uni
It's just me and dh
And he's always super busy!
He does his best to help out during the weekends but then most weekends he still has to work!
So I do everything! I cook, clean, look after our son who's very attached to me now. By the time I'm done with everything, I'm already worn out. Hence the decision to get a maid.
It is well

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tippex(f): 3:34pm On May 23, 2017
My dear sisters, how are you are all and your los?

My baby will be 9 months in a week ad we never still see teeth. I am not worried at all though, will just enjoy her toothless smiles while it lasts. I have stopped giving her paps cos she got so used to it at a time and will refuse other meals. The only meal she enjoys is rice and its not as though he eats a lot, but i just try to give her anytime we are eating. She also seems not to like beans, the last time we gave her beans, she just kept making this sound like she wanted to vomit and the beans was really delicious.

Now she is cruising so well, though sometimes she releases her grip from the furniture and hits her bumbum on the floor. we have also been very careful because our house is tiled, and i wont want her to hit her head on the tiles

I also want to tell mommies esp first time mommies not to give into the pressure of doing a huge party is they don't want to. I havent said its bad, i just mean that dont allow yourself to be pressured if its not in your plan. The way people have been asking me about my baby's first party, you would think they are giving me part of the money to plan grin

We will only do a cake smash photosession and cook jollof rice for whoever wants to stop by. But no bouncing castle of face painting wahala for now, i no get strength.

I really cant wait to be preggy again sha, i can see that some of my september teamies have received alert. Will join you guys soon by the grace of God.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 4:00pm On May 23, 2017
gwng:
Contact 09053629994 or 09098642287 for details or orders!!!

New Arrival!!! Kinyo Double SuperFast Electric Breast Pump FOR ONLY 27K PROMO PRICE!!! With Battery Case Bonus FREE (allows you use the pump without power supply)!!!

Regular Price: 30,000
Promo Price: 27,000 (with COMPLEMENTARY BATTERY CASE)

Buy yours while promo lasts!!!

Watch video on pump here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVyNsSXKtY

Contact 09053629994 for details or orders!!!

If you want a product that is fast, gets the job done quickly, light weight and easy to carry, then Kinyo Superfast Electric breast pump is exactly what you need. You can either plug your pump into the mains when you’re at home, or use with batteries when you want to express away from home.
Most Breast Pumps around have a pressure pump rate of 80 – 200 mmHg. The Kinyo Superfast breast pump capacity ranges from 130mmHg to 340mmHg; this means it is extra fast, yet gentle on you. It is light and easy to carry around, delivering high pumping capacity that gets the job done quickly, quietly and gently.

Manufactured in China, to American Standards. Backed by 12 Months Warranty.

New Arrival!!! Kinyo Double SuperFast Electric Breast Pump FOR ONLY 27K PROMO PRICE!!! With Battery Case Bonus FREE (allows you use the pump without power supply)!!!

Regular Price: 30,000
Promo Price: 27,000 (with COMPLEMENTARY BATTERY CASE)

Buy yours while promo lasts!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:30pm On May 23, 2017
Pls reconfirm your email address, I know I've sent stuff before but I can't seem to find it

jazzyjazz:

Thanks so much. Please share the form with me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 4:38pm On May 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

You're very lucky.
My mum lives an hour away and she's a civil servant.
Mother in-law lives 4 hours away
No relatives close by
My people are in akwa Ibom and dh people are in jos!
My grand cousin who is always a huge help when she comes is in the uni
It's just me and dh
And he's always super busy!
He does his best to help out during the weekends but then most weekends he still has to work!
So I do everything! I cook, clean, look after our son who's very attached to me now. By the time I'm done with everything, I'm already worn out. Hence the decision to get a maid.
It is well
Aren't you guys lucky ? My only support group is hubby and then occasionally my 8 year old . With 3 kids at the end of most days I feel like I have been hit by a trailer. I don't have a maid and there is no hope of that . I will be starting work by September which means even less time to rest. I have just learnt to look away sometimes. When I am too tired to cook I buy food . When am too tired to clean I just let it be until I have strenght. I use disposable plates and cups to reduce what I have to wash. Some days I probably sleep 4 hours but it is well I know it will get better as the kids get older.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:52pm On May 23, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Pls reconfirm your email address, I know I've sent stuff before but I can't seem to find it

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:54pm On May 23, 2017
jaysmama:

Aren't you guys lucky ? My only support group is hubby and then occasionally my 8 year old . With 3 kids at the end of most days I feel like I have been hit by a trailer. I don't have a maid and there is no hope of that . I will be starting work by September which means even less time to rest. I have just learnt to look away sometimes. When I am too tired to cook I buy food . When am too tired to clean I just let it be until I have strenght. I use disposable plates and cups to reduce what I have to wash. Some days I probably sleep 4 hours but it is well I know it will get better as the kids get older.

My dear even I am learning to look away. Still e no easy o
May God help us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:08pm On May 23, 2017
No be small thing. Welldone
Jazzyjazz you can take off the email address, I've copied it, I'm on my way home from work, will send tonight when I settle down
jaysmama:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebony13: 5:32pm On May 23, 2017
Jazzyjazz abeg where are you planning to get help from, abeg carry me join body.
I'm at zone b extension. Which side are you? This chikini hope its plenty chikini sha? tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:43pm On May 23, 2017
@tippex my September teamie.
You are not alone.
Ayomide turned 9months today but his first teeth showed on Sunday. (Wondering if that's why he was feeling unwell 2weeks ago)
What's keeping him from walking without holding furniture is fear.... But he​ is getting more confident.
You dey even plan to cook rice, we plan to just do photoshoot. I hate parties and the stress that comes with it. Meanwhile, we would only start celebrating birthdays he can remember unless my DH changes his mind.

I don't want another Belle now o, not until after keto does it's magic on my body
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maureensylvia(f): 7:58pm On May 23, 2017
@mizmycoli have not seen nor heard of the bead stuff before

seems fetish to me

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Whyterose: 8:08pm On May 23, 2017
Pls my able mama's, I am in need of urgent advice. I Jst got a job wen my baby clocked 3months. Her birth weight was 2.7kg...fast forward 2her 14weeks immunization she weighed 7.5kg n we were on exclusive breastfeeding.Bt wen I resumed work I enrolled her in a creche at my work place hoping 2continue with my exclusive breastfeeding as I had an arrangement with d nanny 2call me wen Eva she cries. Bt den I discovered my baby was getting light by d day cos her initial routine was eating every 2hours b4 I started working. I den weighed her after a week at work n I discovered she dropped 2 7kg after 5days at work n her wet pampers reduced. Out of fear of starving my baby I started expressing breast milk n taking 2d creche. Then agn d kept giving stale breastmilk 2her, refusing 2throw away wen sour. Finally I concluded 2introduce formular (lactogen) bt my baby is still reducing in weight. Pls wat am I not doing right? Shd I go ahead n introduce pap? I really feel defeated as a mum. She's 4months already.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 8:10pm On May 23, 2017
[quote author=tippex post=56802634
I also want to tell mommies esp first time mommies not to give into the pressure of doing a huge party is they don't want to. I havent said its bad, i just mean that dont allow yourself to be pressured if its not in your plan. The way people have been asking me about my baby's first party, you would think they are giving me part of the money to plan grin

My dear the mentality of Nigerians as it has to do with parties is horrible. When I told people I will be dedicating my baby with an after party they were disappointed and most people didn't come to the church. When u follow people u will just punish urself for nothing. A lady used all she had to celebrate her baby's first birthday expecting the guest will give her money. One naira she didn't receive now she is very broke.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Whyterose: 8:12pm On May 23, 2017
By the way,her poop had been slimmy n greenish in colour Eva since she was 2months old she's been on antibiotics bt it still comes back 2green after a while. People say its ela n Jedi Jedi. Pls how true is this?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 9:01pm On May 23, 2017
Hey mamas,my son is about 1month old. He throws up Everytime he over feeds and I really do not know how to control the quantity of breast milk he takes in. Sometimes when I feel he has had enough he just keeps crying and turning his head left and right in the most pitiable manner,when I give him more I get the whole breast milk on my cloth. I have been the hospital on 2 occasions we were placed on admission for 5days and he was given antibiotics.

I am really worried because I wonder how he will put on weight with this habit. He also poops say after 2 episodes of breastfeeding,the paediatrician says it is normal though. I am a ftm,I am getting very frustrated with all these. The colic thing isn't helping matters too

So I am wondering if anyone has had same experience,let me know how it was resolved. PLEASE MAMAS HELP ME Ooooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:05pm On May 23, 2017
ebony13:
Jazzyjazz abeg where are you planning to get help from, abeg carry me join body.
I'm at zone b extension. Which side are you? This chikini hope its plenty chikini sha? tongue
We're actually using an agent. He brought us one girl today and she was perfect but test result showed she has hepatitis. So we're waiting for him to bring another girl

Errrmmm it's not plenty chikini o. MIL didn't make that much. Imagine you even de zone b and I de zone c. God is watching you o.
Make I show your side tomorrow? grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:13pm On May 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

We're actually using an agent. He brought us one girl today and she was perfect but test result showed she has hepatitis. So we're waiting for him to bring another girl

Errrmmm it's not plenty chikini o. MIL didn't make that much. Imagine you even de zone b and I de zone c. God is watching you o.
Make I show your side tomorrow? grin grin grin

Jazzyjazz be like say the kind of boredom that is doing me is doing u too grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:25pm On May 23, 2017
Chanbaby:

Jazzyjazz be like say the kind of boredom that is doing me is doing u too grin

My own pass be careful grin

Na Abuja you de? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.