Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Understanding Religious Delusion - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Religious Delusion (5550 Views)

Understanding Religious Preaching Bill - El-rufal Writes Nigerians / PROOF: Understanding Religious Delusion / Understanding Religious Delusions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by cyrexx: 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

A lorry-load of crap. In one statement what exactly is your point?

if you still cant see my point after reading all these, then you truly cannot see. go and see an optician for your mind's eyes.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by FXKing2012(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2012
cyrexx:

if you still cant see my point after reading all these, then you truly cannot see. go and see an optician for your mind's eyes.

Yet more crap!
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by OlaAjia(m): 10:10pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

Try a little humility and honesty. Of what purpose would a one statement summary be to you when you have already classified this "a lorry-load of crap"?
Why don't you try summarising the Bible in one statement?
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by FXKing2012(m): 10:20pm On Jul 02, 2012
OlaAjia:

Try a little humility and honesty. Of what purpose would a one statement summary be to you when you have already classified this "a lorry-load of crap"?
Why don't you try summarising the Bible in one statement?

The Bible in one statement: The Bible teaches us about love and salvation for the purpose of eternal life. Now, pls summarize that crap in one statement. Thank you.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

The Bible in one statement: The Bible teaches us about love and salvation for the purpose of eternal life. Now, pls summarize that crap in one statement. Thank you.
wow this is Almighty Crap. Bible teaches you love? I wonder if moses or joshua will say the same. You must be on some cheap shyt.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by FXKing2012(m): 10:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
diluminati:
wow this is Almighty Crap. Bible teaches you love? I wonder if moses or joshua will say the same. You must be on some cheap shyt.

And u are on some lost shyt. Dont u know the old testament was written for our knowledge, oh, sorry, I forgot u know nothing of the Bible.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by OlaAjia(m): 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

I'm afraid that in all honesty, your summary is a false caricature of the contents of the bible. Yes, it teaches about love, but it also teaches about hate, chauvinism, slavery and oppression of women. The bible has wisdom, but it also has some contradictions best described as dubious and questionable. A more apt summary would be that the bible makes a messy paradox of itself.

That you call this crap betrays a certain knowledge of its content. You've read it then, I presume? If that is the case, then what it is saying in effect is that on what premise would you say your belief is the objective truth, and not that of the Muslim, Hindu, Jew, Zoroastrian, ETC?
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by FXKing2012(m): 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
OlaAjia:

I'm afraid that in all honesty, your summary is a false caricature of the contents of the bible. Yes, it teaches about love, but it also teaches about hate, chauvinism, slavery and oppression of women. The bible has wisdom, but it also has some contradictions best described as dubious and questionable. A more apt summary would be that the bible makes a messy paradox of itself.

That you call this crap betrays a certain knowledge of its content. You've read it then, I presume? If that is the case, then what it is saying in effect is that on what premise would you say your belief is the objective truth, and not that of the Muslim, Hindu, Jew, Zoroastrian, ETC?

It's obvious u dont have a spiritual understanding of the Bible, so I will not waste my time debating the contents of the Holy Bible wt u.
And how do I know my believe is the right one? Well, that is where the spirit comes in. And besides, it has been proven several times where the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob defeated and destroyed worshipers and priests of other gods. It has also been confirmed even by the devil in the new testament that Jesus is the Son of God. The list is endless my dear.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by OlaAjia(m): 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

It's obvious u dont have a spiritual understanding of the Bible, so I will not waste my time debating the contents of the Holy Bible wt u.

I assume the bible you read is written in English? I don't suppose when you're writing exams in school, you require spiritual understanding of your questions (written in the same English) before you can answer them correctly? If you do, then we're cearly on different planes.

FXKing2012:

And how do I know my believe is the right one? Well, that is where the spirit comes in. And besides, it has been proven several times where the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob defeated and destroyed worshipers and priests of other gods. It has also been confirmed even by the devil in the new testament that Jesus is the Son of God. The list is endless my dear.

I didn't ask how you know your belief is the right one, I asked how you know that it is objectively the right one. These are two different questions requiring two different approaches. The latter requires objective evidence, not subjective ones, like ones from inside the Bible.

Your example of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob defeating and destroying worshipers of other Gods might seem objective to you, but it isn't. For instance, why hasn't the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob dared fight the God of the Hindus and their followers? Why wasn't the Christian God able to ward off the Muslim conquerors who swept the whole of Egypt, Constantinople, Babylon (Iraq) and other places that were erstwhile majority Christian nations? Would it then be fair to say that the Muslim God, in defeating the Christian God, is the objective truth?

3 Likes

Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by FXKing2012(m): 12:01am On Jul 03, 2012
OlaAjia:

I assume the bible you read is written in English? I don't suppose when you're writing exams in school, you require spiritual understanding of your questions (written in the same English) before you can answer them correctly? If you do, then we're cearly on different planes.

The Bible is a spiritual book so u need a certain level of spiritual leverage to understand it, it is not a text used in school.

OlaAjia: I didn't ask how you know your belief is the right one, I asked how you know that it is objectively the right one. These are two different questions requiring two different approaches. The latter requires objective evidence, not subjective ones, like ones from inside the Bible.
Objective evidence: there are numerous cases of people who have been healed of sicknesses by praying to God. I have had a personal encounter where I was healed so I know.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by OlaAjia(m): 12:21am On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

The Bible is a spiritual book so u need a certain level of spiritual leverage to understand it, it is not a text used in school.

Not entirely certain what you mean by "the bible is a spiritual book". I am quite sure the bible is as physical as physical can be! I have a beautiful NKJV copy myself.

FXKing2012:

Objective evidence: there are numerous cases of people who have been healed of sicknesses by praying to God. I have had a personal encounter where I was healed so I know.

There are numerous cases likewise, of people who have NOT been healed of sicknesses despite praying to (Christian) God. Furthermore, there are numerous cases of those who have been healed by praying to Krishna, Ganesh, Allah, and so on. There are even numerous cases of those that have been healed, even though they didn't pray to anybody.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

If you cant discern the logical, I wonder how you can claim to discern the spiritual..
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by tpia5: 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
dekung: I wonder how christians treat Joseph Smith's Mormon Theory?

Do christians know you exist?

Your life is meaningless to you no doubt, else you wouldnt be such a pathetic attention seeker with no brain worth mentioning.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 13, 2013
Bump...
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by FXKing2012(m): 6:20am On Jan 13, 2013
...the lost souls.
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by Nobody: 4:24am On Apr 12, 2013
Bump
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by Heatblast(m): 11:54am On Apr 12, 2013
Wow.... How did I miss this shocked
Totally love this thread.

Bookmarked for future reference

1 Like

Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by cyrexx: 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
Heatblast: Wow.... How did I miss this shocked
Totally love this thread.

Bookmarked for future reference

You are very welcome

1 Like

Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by truthislight: 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
cyrexx:

You are very welcome

Hi! Pastor Cyrexx,
have you by any chance seen pastor mosquito in the "service/church" today?
cool
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
truthislight:

Hi! Pastor Cyrexx,
have you by any chance seen pastor mosquito in the "service/church" today?
cool

Your truth must really be darkness if you didn't see me...
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by truthislight: 6:36pm On Apr 12, 2013
musKeeto:

Your truth must really be darkness if you didn't see me...

Hi, pastor musk.

How was/is "service" today?
cool
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 12, 2013
truthislight:

Hi, pastor musk.

How was/is "service" today?
cool
no wonder u wear dark shades, lol

Where u run go hide since? Ur friend, obazugee is running amok, and being chased by fine Nl damsels
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by truthislight: 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
musKeeto:
no wonder u wear dark shades, lol

Lol.

I know that when Cyrexx is in "church" muskeeto will be around some where.

You know that just as we preach, you and cyrexx and co also preach as well, but on different sermon.
cool.

musKeeto:

Where u run go hide since?

Hide? Naa!

Just kind of hooked overly on certain things as such my input are sparingly.

However, i am still ensuring to answer "present" though.

musKeeto:

Ur friend, obazugee is running amok,

That one ^?

Its like that Guy has some deep frustration on international politics and economics that he is feeling God is responsible and as such he is taking it out on God and the bible.

His case is different, i see no need to west my time on his case.
His application of the bible is off the "christian" message most times.
(The end will come though)

musKeeto:

and being chased by fine Nl damsels

Maybe he is in need of a wife or they need husbands.

All the same, wishing them well.

Btwn, when are you taking a stand and stop floating?
cool
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
Bleep it...
another bump..

this thread's good... smiley
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by MrTroll(m): 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
aManFromMars: Bleep it...
another bump..

this thread's good... smiley
Thank you sir. I just had a swell afternoon. . .
Re: Understanding Religious Delusion by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 14, 2014
a year bump.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? / Many Lies Of Redeem's Adeboye For 2016 / Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.