Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Should Women Be Silent In Churches? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Women Be Silent In Churches? (10699 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Theblessed(f): 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2012
[size=16pt][b]W H Y

Jesus did not order that neither did God himself, abi?? lipsrsealed

To the person who asked this question may I ask, do you know your scriptures, at all??

Do you understand it? There is a difference between knowing your scriptures and understanding the revelation of God in these scriptures.

If you understand it at all, then, you'd know that - that was Paul's INSTRUCTION AND THOUGHTS - his order to the Church in Ephesus - God did not order that (Timothy Chpt. 2 v. 9 - 15)

Therefore, don't run with the price!

If God had meant that women be silenced in Ministries why did the Holy Spirit have to give his Gifts to whom he likes? 1 Corinthians Chpt. 12 V 4 - to the end (Go read it!!!).

Remember, some are called to be:

Teachers, Pastors, Evangelist, Prophets, Speaking in Tongues, Interpreters, Healing Anointing etc so, how could women among them do/perform their roles, if they are silenced

So, what have you got to say about this - are women not included in these Gifts of the Holy Spirit?

Therefore, I suggest you go and re-learn your scriptures because, people who ask this sort of question are those who take it upon themselves to 'oppress' women and are against women aspirations because of their own insecurity and 'domineering' nature.

That is, people who likes seeing women suffer when it is not the 'Will of God' that any of his children should suffer. This behaviour can not be any thing short of 'demonic'.

Listen, let me inform you - you and your kind 'can not' silence women, get it, ok! This is because, women are good 'Communicators' and we're given the gift of communication and we must communicate the word of God - whether you approve or not.

Secondly, if God had meant women to be silenced in the Ministries, why the 'call' then?

In Mathhew Chapt. 28 v. 19 and Mark Chpt. 16 v.15 - 16, we are all given the Authority to go and proclaim the Word of God to all people in the 4 corners of the World/Earth? Would you say you did not hear that?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

So, you want to say that women were not included in that ' Call/Command? Please, read your scripture every day and the Holy Spirit will Minister and reveal alot to you.

God bless you for receiving this eye opener!!! [/b][/size]
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by okeyxyz(m): 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
2good:

Africa still have a long way to go with your reasoning. Its really a pity that people will regards you as a leader with a God given authority. Have you ever worked under a woman in a cooperate environment?

of course! Infact, i'd had two women bosses, but the word is corporate, not spiritual, you seem to be mixing the two.
Jesus had a reason for saying "give to ceasar what belongs to ceasar & to god what belongs to god!"
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by 2good(m): 6:48pm On Jun 24, 2012
okeyxyz:

of course! Infact, i'd had two women bosses but the word is corporate, not spiritual, you seem to be mixing the two.
No I am not mixing the two. You said God made woman to be a helper to the man and such she is answerable to a man while the man is answerable to God alone. Helper did not specify whether it is spiritual or physical.
Why then breaking that rule when it comes to your own survival as a man?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Silence doesn't mean thÉy shuld move aboÙt d congregation with padlocks around there lips....

It means they shuldnt assume headship roles that rightly belongs to men in Gods arrangement.......

That verse applies to a congregation gathering......

Women have d great priviledge of preaching Gods word from street to street and from house to house,but as far as taking d lead in d christian congregation is concerned its for men....

Read 1 timothy chapter 3 and see if women can meet up those qualifications to serve as bishops and deacons.................

Now I knw why ur an atheist....

Ur so myopic as not to have understood simple bible principles and hw they shuld be applied........

When u can't comprehend u run into conclusion that God encouraged sexism....

Like I also told u even Jesus couldn't have assumed Yahwehs role in some issues......

That is headship my bro,not devaluation.....

That arrangement was made so that things can go on decently and by arrangement(1corinthians 14:40)

In ur home if @ all u'll get married u'll be d head of d house.....

Ur wife definitly will have limited authority compared to yours.....

If common sense can't teach u that,then I wonder what to do with u.......

Men and women have the same leadership abilities. You are blind to sexism in the bible.

Well, I am not surprised. You actually believe the fairytale that women are not made in the image of God rather, in the image of men. Sexist.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
Orikinla: I don't think women were excluded when the Psalmist said the following in praise of God:

[size=28pt]100 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.[/size]

3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

~ Psalm 100

King James Version (KJV)

Stop picking and mixing the bible. Address the quote, Mr Apologist
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
Tinkybabe: I'm surprised many are still trying to prove some points to the poster.He's an atheist(doesn't believe in God or His existence) so spiritual discernment would be nothing but gibberish to him ..I feel he came up with this question to pose confusion.Ayobase..Your contribution has been more than enlightening,thanks for it..Logic mind..I'm not surprised you do not know about the written word of God (logos) and the spoken word of God (rhema).Pls don't be an author of confusion here. Christianity isn't science that you prove with facts and figures.

lol....Rhema ko, deeper life ni.

Spiritual discernment? Do you need spiritual discernment to realise that a statement is sexist? Or are you a sheep that waits for the pastor to teach you how to read your bible?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
2good:

Africa still have a long way to go with your reasoning. Its really a pity that people will regards you as a leader with a God given authority. Have you ever worked under a woman in a cooperate environment?

We are talking about d christian congregation ur talking about d cooperate world.....

Do they sound alike??

Because of ur mentality women no longer respect men anymore.....

No respect for headship......

Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by 2good(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

We are talking about d christian congregation ur talking about d cooperate world.....

Do they sound alike??

Because of ur mentality women no longer respect men anymore.....

No respect for headship......

Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!

Do you respect women in return? So you think because you have a male organ you are superior to a woman? You are as ignorant as a white racist that believes he is better than a black man because he has a white skin.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
Goshen360:

You see logicboy01, this is the problem you have even when I showed you from other scriptures that the same Paul wrote that woman pray and prophesy which both involves speaking or talking, you still can't reason with that. I have said it in the beginning of my response to you that your 22 yrs of being a Christian or church goer needs to be questioned and you just confirmed the truth to my statement. How can you still continue to argue after I just showed you. If you say "keep silence" means shut up, and I showed you other instances where same Paul wrote women to speak/talk, then Paul will be contradicting himself.

You see what your problem is, you are reading the Bible with a veiled mind and therefore, you are reading to find fault. The word of God is NOT contradictory IF YOU TAKE TIME TO STUDY (not just reading like circular novels or newspapers). This is one of the reasons why I don't like dealing with you because you are always wanting to keep arguing and am not in for that, am sorry. If everyone is like me on this board, you will be preached to in due season just like Frosbel said but if you refuse, you will be completely ignored and allow to talk to yourself. However, I still promise to engage you someday that I have time for you. No harm meant. I leave you with these words from the Bible:

But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 2 Cor. 3:16 Niv

lololol

The word of God isnt contradictory?

Polygamy is wrong but there are 40 polygamous people in the bible including David, Solomon and Abraham.

Incest is bad. But the first man and woman commited incest since Adam is Eve's parent (Eve is from Adam's rib). Abraham's wife (Sarah) is also his step-sister.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
2good:

Do you respect women in return? So you think because you have a male organ you are superior to a woman? You are as ignorant as a white racist that believes he is better than a black man because he has a white skin.

Epic smackdown! Ijawkid's argument has been floored, can he get up?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

Men and women have the same leadership abilities. You are blind to sexism in the bible.

Well, I am not surprised. You actually believe the fairytale that women are not made in the image of God rather, in the image of men. Sexist.

Logic boy please go read ur books on evolution and leave d bible alone...

Ur lil brain can't understand words written in d holy scriptures........

Adam was 1st created........

Woman was gotten from d man.....

Don't u understand principles of headship.......??

Its for orderliness.........

Ur d kinda guy that will relegate himself. To 2nd place in d house ,while ya wife becomes d head of d family.......

There's no sexism in that scripture,its pure theocratic arrangement....

U fail to have known that women still have d same prospects men have in Gods eyes.....

They all have d hope of living in heaven forever and ruling along side Jesus as co- kings and co-priests............

What do u say to that??
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by okeyxyz(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
2good:
No I am not mixing the two. You said God made woman to be a helper to the man and such she is answerable to a man while the man is answerable to God alone. Helper did not specify whether it is spiritual or physical.
Why then breaking that rule when it comes to your own survival as a man?

Again, I say to you: "give to ceasar what belongs to ceasar & to god what belongs to god!"
Why can i not differentiate between spiritual & non-spiritual matters?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by 2good(m): 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2012
okeyxyz:

Again, I say to you: "give to ceasar what belongs to ceasar & to god what belongs to god!"
Why can i not differentiate between spiritual & non-spiritual things?

What you just did is cherry picking. You selectively pick bible verses to favour your immediate need. The number 1 problem with religion is that the holy books are open to interpretation and different people interpret it in different ways to suit their interest and that is what you just did.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2012
2good: I am surprised that Christians are this sexist. Why do women still cling on to religion with all these discrimination they experience from the men? Both Christianity, Islam and Judaism all have discrimination against women yet women look for excuse to justify their relegation to a second class status. Really funny

Were d ladies in question complaining, so whats ur pain?
U wanna win somebody over?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

Sharaap

I have been waiting for this!
U r a coward!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Logic boy please go read ur books on evolution and leave d bible alone...

Ur lil brain can't understand words written in d holy scriptures........

Adam was 1st created........

Woman was gotten from d man.....

Don't u understand principles of headship.......??

Its for orderliness.........

Ur d kinda guy that will relegate himself as 2nd in d house ,while ya wife becomes d head of d family.......

There's no sexism in that scripture,its pure theocratic arrangement....

U fail to have known that women still have d same prospects men have in Gods eyes.....

They all have d hope of living in heaven forever and ruling along side Jesus as co- kings and co-priests............

What do u say to that??

See this sheep talking! angry

The story of Adam and Eve is not real. I can show you videos of priests saying that is metaphorical! Why are you so dull? Warri no dey carry last. Stop embarrassing Niger-Delta. Stop falling my hand.

As for men and women, the difference is only physical. However, the psychology is the same.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
2good:

Ur so ignorant because ur comparison doesn't fit what we are talkin about...

This is about arranged headship.....

This is how it has always been......

Ur head to ur wife......

If u still dnt know that then u need a brain check.......

A white man feels his more superior to a black man just because @ one time or the other he was more priviledged,not because from d onset he was created 1st or it was written in d scriptures....

As for that principle in d bible it applies to everytin......

If u had read 1 corinthians 11:3 I quoted u wuld have understood d whole gist.....

But ur heads are bent on critisizing d scriptures.....

And for ya questio::::n.....I .respect women À lot even more than u do.........

Haven't u read d scriptures that talks about how husbaÑds shuld treat there wives??

U want me to quote them??

U dnt jus deliberate on a verse frm d bible and give peurile explanations to them....

Immature minds!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
ayobase:

I have been waiting for this!
U r a coward!

Coward? This coming from a guy that is not willing to question his religion? A man that is not willing to live his life without the help of his sky daddy in heaven?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Ur head to ur wife......

A white man feels his more superior to a black man just because @ one time or the other he was more priviledged,not because from d onset he was created 1st or it was written in d scriptures....

If u had read 1 corinthians 11:3 I quoted u wuld have understood d whole gist.....

Haven't u read d scriptures that talks about how husbaÑds shuld treat there wives??

U dnt jus deliberate on a verse frm d bible and give peurile explanations to them....

Immature minds!!!!!!!!!

Will you kill yourself if your wife earns more than you? Suicide is not allowed in christianty grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
Goshen360: @ OP,

I first responded to this thread because I was about going to bed when you started this thread yesterday. I know you as an Atheist and you claimed to have been a Christian for 22 years or so. If truly you are once a Christian, I wonder how you read your bible within those 22 years and later became an Atheist. Well, that is by the way. I didn't want to jump into your thread because I hate wasting my precious time with you as you don't read ANYTHING about the Bible to learn but to discredit it. You are always reading the Bible with the mind of finding fault and loop holes forgetting that the letters kill but the Spirit gives life. However, I do not want you get away with this. Now, back to the thread.

First. There is NO one verse of the scripture that stands on its own. This is what the bible meant when it says, "no scripture is is PRIVATE interpretation". You cannot up-root one verse OUT OF CONTEXT and give/apply an interpretation. This is not how the bible says we should interpret the bible. Okay. (Am going through this, if only you want to learn)

Now, Let look at 1 Cor. 14: 34 in context (the whole) and see if actually Paul is saying. What does it mean to be silence according to that verse and in context?

Silence is an English word translated from the Greek, "sigao" and it means: to be still, KEEP silence, to hold one's peace. So what is the Apostle saying? Let's put this meaning in place of silence and in context and let's see how it reads:

Let your women [be still, KEEP silence, hold their peace] in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law. When we read "keep" as it precedes "silence" means a state of "maintaining" silence and not a state to shut up without talking.

Paul is NOT saying they should NOT talk because the context of "keeping silence" does NOT mean one should NOT SPEAK. How did I know this? The context. In the same context of 1 Cor 14:27-28

If any man speak in an [unknown] tongue, [let it be] by two, or at the most [by] three, and [that] by course; and let one interpret. But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

Here we read Paul said one should keep silence AND LET HIM SPEAK. Ladies and Gentlemen, I submit to you that, the sense of "keep silence" does not mean one cannot speak. It simply means to hold one's peace and be still IN THE CONTEXT OF ORDERLINESS AND FOR EDIFICATION. This we can clearly see in the context of verse 30-31 same chapter,

If [any thing] be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.. So we read clearly here in this context that the sense of "keeping silence" IS NOT OR NOT TO SPEAK IN THE CHURCH BUT EDIFY, ORDERLINESS, LEARNING AND COMFORT. The context of 1 Cor. 14:34 is demonstrated in the next verse 35,

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

It therefore follows that the sense of "keep silence" in the church IS NOT TO MEAN THEY CANNOT TALK AT ALL WHILE IN THE CHURCH BUT THE SENSE AND CONTEXT IS AS IT RELATES TO DISORDERLINESS, LEARNING, CONFUSION AND NOT EDIFYING. Because we already see in the context of verse 28 that one is asked to be silence and still speak. How can someone be told to be silence and still asked to speak? It doesn't make any sense that way. So we should understand what Paul is saying.

Again, "KEEP SILENCE" cannot not mean total non-speaking state in the sense that same Paul in 1 Cor. 11:5 taught that women can pray and prophesy in the church which involves an act of speaking.

But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

So how can a woman pray and prophesy if she should totally remain quiet? Paul is not saying women should be silence in the sense of total non-speaking/talking state when they come to church BUT silence as in the sense of learning, comfort, edification and orderliness and this truth we clearly see in verse 35, 26-33 and verse 40 which says,

Let all things be done decently and in order.

Im so blessed...thanks very much!
What an insight!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
Mr..Cork:

hell yesssss. they talk too much (no oofeinse)....ermm Mr MOD Sexxskillz, its just my profesional opininon! angry

After 5...when cock don crow finish!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

See this sheep talking! angry

The story of Adam and Eve is not real. I can show you videos of priests saying that is metaphorical! Why are you so dull? Warri no dey carry last. Stop embarrassing Niger-Delta. Stop falling my hand.

As for men and women, the difference is only physical. However, the psychology is the same.

If u dnt believe in d existence of adam and eve then what am I doing with u??

Its complete waste of time....

Its guys like u that ur wife will boss around.....

That's why d western world is so damn lawless...

No respect for headship....
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

All this epistle you are writing does not mean anything.

Silence/hold your peace means shut the hell up! End of story.

Yes, you are right....I hardly read the bible when I was a catholic. Catholics in general do not read the bible. Just go to mass and take holy communion like sheep.

U r just making fool of urself....I wouldnt associate with you if I were an athesit.....u r such a disgrace to atheism...
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by okeyxyz(m): 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
2good:

What you just did is cherry picking. You selectively pick bible verses to favour your immediate need. The number 1 problem with religion is that the holy books are open to interpretation and different people interpret it in different ways to suit their interest and that is what you just did.

lwkmd cheesycheesy
so you believe there's an absolute answer for all facets of human/natural phenomenon. of course we cherry pick because each situation requires it's own unique solution. I'm assuming you r a smart person, so you'd know that law court does not apply a particular legal principle to all events, the law has to cherry-pick to suit the occasion. the same applies in mathematics, management & all science for that matter. so why can i not determine where my spiritual life stops & the corporate/academic/etc life begins?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by 2good(m): 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Ur head to ur wife......

Remember that the early European slave owners also used the bible to justify their superiority over the black race and the reason why black servitude to the white is a thing of natural order. You still ignorant because your having two balls between your legs does not make you better than a woman who is smart.

ijawkid:

All senseless cock and bull story

ijawkid:

Immature minds!!!!!!!!!

I have a wife so I speak from the experience of being married. I don't need to read the bible or any book to know I should love my wife (who by the way is a serious Christian and I give her her religious space) because common sense tells me she is a human being that deserves to be respected irrespective of what I was taught as an African male child that I am superior to girls.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

Will you kill yourself if your wife earns more than you? Suicide is not allowed in christianty grin grin grin grin

Why shuld I kill myself??

If she earns more than I do I'll be happy for her.....

That's nt a problem to me.....

But when it comes to making decisions and
Exercising authority in d family that responsibility rests on d man.....

U still dnt get it do u??

These arrangement of head ship only brings about peace and harmony.. .....

It is this same pattern of arrangement that has made Jesus always obedient to his Father rather than trying to feel he is equal to him anÐ that .is why they arÉ in agreement...

I never look down on women,that I learnt from d bible....

But there r principles that governs how d christian congregation shuld be run for smooth results......
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2012
2good:

Remember that the early European slave owners also used the bible to their superiority over the black race and the reason why black servitude to the white is a thing of natural order. You still ignorant because your having two balls between your legs does not make you better than a woman who us smart.

All senseless cock and bull story

I have a wife so I speak from the experience of being married. I don't need to read the bible or any book to know I should love my wife (who by the way is a serious Christian and I give her her religious space) because common sense tells me she is a human being that deserves to be respected irrespective of what I was taught as an African male child that I am superior to girls.

Please show me where in d bible that says men shuld dis-respect women.??

Who says we shuldnt respect women??

The african mentality fosters that,but nt d holy scriptures my bro......

Once again I'll ask u 1 simple question

WHO IS D HEAD OF YOUR HOUSE HOLD??
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

If u dnt believe in d existence of adam and eve then what am I doing with u??

Its complete waste of time....

Its guys like u that ur wife will boss around.....

That's why d western world is so damn lawless...

No respect for headship....

I believe in equality. You can beat your wife and tell her to cook for you everyday and call you "daddy". Your choice. grin grin grin

The western world is lawless? See this Ijaw man talking out of ignorance. I have seen men beating their wives while police is begging the man to stop. "oga no vex". Do you know how politicians get away with nonsense in Nigeria?

Your Ijaw people are suffering from corruption and lawlessness as politicians are stealing oil money and you are there calling the west lawless? Epic dummy!

Sorry for the insults but I can not see my fellow naija delta boy fecking up!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by 2good(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
okeyxyz:

lwkmd cheesycheesy
so you believe there's an absolute answer for all facets of human/natural phenomenon. of course we cherry pick because each situation requires it's own unique solution. I'm assuming you r a smart person, so you'd know that law court does not apply a particular legal principle to all events, the law has to cherry-pick to suit the occasion. the same applies in mathematics, management & all science for that matter. so why can i not determine where my spiritual life stops & the corporate/academic/etc life begins?

I like your honest response. But unfortunately, during the course of cherry picking, different people come up with different interpretation for thesame bible text, causing confusing and creating more problem for the society. That is why you have different Christian groups interpreting thesame bible you have in different way. Atleast in many western countries, you have women being the head of churches and nobody complains because they were able to interpret the bible to suit themselves. But in Africa, the men mostly are still bent on holding on to the interpretation that favours them so that they can still be in charge of women.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Why shuld I kill myself??

If she earns more than I do I'll be happy for her.....

That's nt a problem to me.....

But when it comes to making decisions and
Exercising authority in d family that responsibility rests on d man.....

U still dnt get it do u??

These arrangement of head ship only brings about peace and harmony.. .....

It is this same pattern of arrangement that has made Jesus always obedient to his Father rather than trying to feel he is equal to him anÐ that .is why they arÉ in agreement...

I never look down on women,that I learnt from d bible....

But there r principles that governs how d christian congregation shuld be run for smooth results......

Shows that you're poor and not experienced. You can not control someone who is richer than you for long. Never, either you are equal or the richer person is on top or you get dumped.

Equality is d way forward.

You say that you respect women, yet you believe that women are secondary to men. What is the difference between you and a polygamist?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
Goshen360:

You see logicboy01, this is the problem you have even when I showed you from other scriptures that the same Paul wrote that woman pray and prophesy which both involves speaking or talking, you still can't reason with that. I have said it in the beginning of my response to you that your 22 yrs of being a Christian or church goer needs to be questioned and you just confirmed the truth to my statement. How can you still continue to argue after I just showed you. If you say "keep silence" means shut up, and I showed you other instances where same Paul wrote women to speak/talk, then Paul will be contradicting himself.

You see what your problem is, you are reading the Bible with a veiled mind and therefore, you are reading to find fault. The word of God is NOT contradictory IF YOU TAKE TIME TO STUDY (not just reading like circular novels or newspapers). This is one of the reasons why I don't like dealing with you because you are always wanting to keep arguing and am not in for that, am sorry. If everyone is like me on this board, you will be preached to in due season just like Frosbel said but if you refuse, you will be completely ignored and allow to talk to yourself. However, I still promise to engage you someday that I have time for you. No harm meant. I leave you with these words from the Bible:

But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 2 Cor. 3:16 Niv
He is just been making fool of himself!
He is not even a qualified atheist!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by 2good(m): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Please show me where in d bible that says men shuld dis-respect women.??

Who says we shuldnt respect women??

The african mentality fosters that,but nt d holy scriptures my bro......

Once again I'll ask u 1 simple question

WHO IS D HEAD OF YOUR HOUSE HOLD??

We are partner and work together in making decision on how our life should be while also understanding our limits as human being.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Questions For Atheists!!! / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent! / According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.