Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Should Women Be Silent In Churches? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Women Be Silent In Churches? (10703 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by coolzeal(m): 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Logic boy please go read ur books on evolution and leave d bible alone...

Ur lil brain can't understand words written in d holy scriptures........

Adam was 1st created........

Woman was gotten from d man.....

Don't u understand principles of headship.......??

Its for orderliness.........

Ur d kinda guy that will relegate himself. To 2nd place in d house ,while ya wife becomes d head of d family.......

There's no sexism in that scripture,its pure theocratic arrangement....

U fail to have known that women still have d same prospects men have in Gods eyes.....

They all have d hope of living in heaven forever and ruling along side Jesus as co- kings and co-priests............

What do u say to that??

The event that took place in the bible is just 6000 to 7000 yrs old and the first modern human (Homo Sapien) appeared in Africa around 195000 yrs ago and in the same bible we're told by the European that Adam and Eve were white including Christian movies. Eve was suppose to come from Adam right.. Now ask yourself this question; How they hell did Eve came from Adam when we know that you cannot bring life into this world without a woman. A man cannot give birth to a child... A black woman was the first human on earth and she gave birth to humanity. Stop deluding yourself worshiping a white man in your church( AKA Jesus) and search for the real history. Who wrote the bible = the European and the bible was also use to justify slavery in Africa in those days. Go and ask your pastor how can a woman come from man when we as men don't have womb.... The story of Adam and Eve is fictitious.. sorry but it is the truth.
In addition, you should also research the BLACK MADONNA..
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2012
ayobase:
He is just been making fool of himself!
He is not even a qualified atheist!

What am I? An unqualified atheist? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Use google to your advantage and read about how christianity came to Nigeria. Start questioning your religion.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2012
coolzeal: You do realize that in some of the ancient religion in Africa, women were deities and are worshiped, in fact you will hardly find male deities then. I think some history are not being told and the bible is genuinely not accurate..

Why not remix it!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

Stop picking and mixing the bible. Address the quote, Mr Apologist

Stop picking?
Tot u were picking also!
Mixing the Bible?
What do u know about it?
Address the quote?
How many times are they gonna explain to u?
Are u slow in learning!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
Tinkybabe: I'm surprised many are still trying to prove some points to the poster.He's an atheist(doesn't believe in God or His existence) so spiritual discernment would be nothing but gibberish to him ..I feel he came up with this question to pose confusion.Ayobase..Your contribution has been more than enlightening,thanks for it..Logic mind..I'm not surprised you do not know about the written word of God (logos) and the spoken word of God (rhema).Pls don't be an author of confusion here. Christianity isn't science that you prove with facts and figures.

Thanks!
What do we do....
Logicboy is logically interpreting the Bible.
And besides, if Paul was ''wrong'', he wasnt even talking God's mind, but suggesting.
Who are we to follow? Jesus!
Its obvious illogicalboy is a boy!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
ayobase:

Stop picking?
Tot u were picking also!
Mixing the Bible?
What do u know about it?
Address the quote?
How many times are they gonna explain to u?
Are u slow in learning!

I can afford to pick the bible as I do not believe in it. I can pick evil quotes to show christians that their bible is immoral as well. When they claim that I put quotes out of context, I challenge them to then explain the quote in context and they fail- always.

Here is a nice quote;

Leviticus 25:44
"'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

Sharaap

I wanna ask u again.
Quote where Jesus was sexist!
Besides, Paul wasnt speaking God's mind, but giving his opinion for orderliness in the church in Corinth.
Okay, lets assume Paul was ''wrong'', a reason enough to become an atheist?...what happens to Jesus's and one we should look unto as perfect example!
Misplacement of leadership role dey worry u....u r a grown man , but not ......
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Ovaiegbe(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
When you want to look at any subject within a text it is best to start from the very begining. In Genesis 1 the Bible records the story of creation and states,"..... and God made man in his own image; male and female created he them". At that point he did not make any distinction between the mal and the female. Neither did he even assign to them reponsibilities. It was Adam who discovered Eve and said, "this is now the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh". This statement clearly sets forth the principle of equality of all men - male or female, for you can not be greater than your own bone or your own flesh. In essence Adam was saying, this is a form of myself.
When we go to school we compete with each other on the basis of intellectual content and not gender, when we go to work we compete on the basis of our output and not gender but when it come to religion, we want to lord it over the female simple on the basis of gender. Guys, this just can not sell. Where a more worthy female exist, you just must settle for second best or else there will be no reason for exellence.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

lololol

The word of God isnt contradictory?

Polygamy is wrong but there are 40 polygamous people in the bible including David, Solomon and Abraham.

Incest is bad. But the first man and woman commited incest since Adam is Eve's parent (Eve is from Adam's rib). Abraham's wife (Sarah) is also his step-sister.

Stop displaying ur foolishness on NL.
Dont think u were ever a xtain cos a 10yrs old boy will explain this perfectly!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

Coward? This coming from a guy that is not willing to question his religion? A man that is not willing to live his life without the help of his sky daddy in heaven?

And a real sky daddy for that matter.
Always watching my back!
Who gat ur back boy.....ur 2good?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

I believe in equality. You can beat your wife and tell her to cook for you everyday and call you "daddy". Your choice. grin grin grin

The western world is lawless? See this Ijaw man talking out of ignorance. I have seen men beating their wives while police is begging the man to stop. "oga no vex". Do you know how politicians get away with nonsense in Nigeria?

Your Ijaw people are suffering from corruption and lawlessness as politicians are stealing oil money and you are there calling the west lawless? Epic dummy!

Sorry for the insults but I can not see my fellow naija delta boy fecking up!

Oboy I will never lay my hands on my wife...

Its against Gods commands....

If u have a problem with d african tradition that's fine...

But never come here to mis-interprete scriptures just to feed ur hatred for d bible.......

The bible in no
Way suppo®ts husbands oppressing there wives or berating them....

The bible says husbands shuld love there wives just like they love there own body
.That no husbaÑd eve.r hated his own flesh....

U dwÉll on ur explanations and forfeÍt important principles that d bible gives....

You know all these other scrÍtures that says how marraige mates shuld be treated but u ignore them.

All I'm defending is d fact that Gods principle of headship stands....

It is for d smooth running of d house......

GoÐs principlÉ on headship does not abrogatÉ d fact that wÉ are all equal in Gods eyes...

I support equalÍty...

And .I also support headship arrangements....

There is a reason why u obey ur bo§s @ ur work place.......

we are all humans but ofcÙs u must respect hÉadship.......
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Ovaiegbe(m): 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
ayobase:

Stop displaying ur foolishness on NL.
Dont think u were ever a xtain cos a 10yrs old boy will explain this perfectly!
You guys should stop antagonising Logicboy01. he may be ignorant, misguided, or outrightly whatever but he still has a right to an opinion and the right to express it. There are a thousand and one schools of thought in the world and we can not be fighting or cursing simple because the other man thinks differently. Do not forget it is God's prerogative to save.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2012
coolzeal:

The event that took place in the bible is just 6000 to 7000 yrs old and the first modern human (Homo Sapien) appeared in Africa around 195000 yrs ago and in the same bible we're told by the European that Adam and Eve were white including Christian movies. Eve was suppose to come from Adam right.. Now ask yourself this question; How they hell did Eve came from Adam when we know that you cannot bring life into this world without a woman. A man cannot give birth to a child... A black woman was the first human on earth and she gave birth to humanity. Stop deluding yourself worshiping a white man in your church( AKA Jesus) and search for the real history. Who wrote the bible = the European and the bible was also use to justify slavery in Africa in those days. Go and ask your pastor how can a woman come from man when we as men don't have womb.... The story of Adam and Eve is fictitious.. sorry but it is the truth.

Questioning the unquestionable!
Hmmmmmm!
Are u not even seeing the works of the unquestionable in nature.
The unquestionable has different means of reproduction!
Studying the unqestionable could result to .......
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2012
coolzeal:

Can u please tell me ur own story..??......

Mayb u belong to the ape family......
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

I can afford to pick the bible as I do not believe in it. I can pick evil quotes to show christians that their bible is immoral as well. When they claim that I put quotes out of context, I challenge them to then explain the quote in context and they fail- always.

Here is a nice quote;

Leviticus 25:44
"'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.

That just defined how sparsely you could think!
U are not worthy to be an atheist...believe me....its better u r just a misnomer!
Going into ''slave'' will do harm to ur brain cell......who are those living around Isreal?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2012
Ovaiegbe:
You guys should stop antagonising Logicboy01. he may be ignorant, misguided, or outrightly whatever but he still has a right to an opinion and the right to express it. There are a thousand and one schools of thought in the world and we can not be fighting or cursing simple because the other man thinks differently. Do not forget it is God's prerogative to save.

He is not even expressing it.....he doesnt know which is which....an atheist will be able to break Bible down with relevant verses LOGICALLY, but he.....
He is not up to the task...he shld go learn from Soyinka and d likes before coming to disturb the peace of NL....he is not even on point....just in a gaseous state!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2012
ayobase:

That just defined how sparsely you could think!
U are not worthy to be an atheist...believe me....its better u r just a misnomer!
Going into ''slave'' will do harm to ur brain cell......who are those living around Isreal?

lol.....Is it aching you that your bible is being exposed?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
Ovaiegbe:

Look at this religionist calling someone "ignorant and misguided"

Where is the evidence for you God?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2012
ayobase:

He is not even expressing it.....he doesnt know which is which....an atheist will be able to break Bible down with relevant verses LOGICALLY, but he.....
He is not up to the task...he shld go learn from Soyinka and d likes before coming to disturb the peace of NL....he is not even on point....just in a gaseous state!

If you notice, you were the one spouting lies and illogical things.

You put a baseless accusation on the Corinth women.

You claim that this quote is not sexist;

1 Corinthians 14:34
New International Version (©1984)
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by emmatok(m): 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
Why are peeps replying a tread created by an ATHEIST.
Wonder why these guys fear Muslims? They dare not .
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
@logic boy...

Please look up this scripture...

It seems when u were u a catholic u never read them.....

Ephesians 5:21-33

21 Submit to one another out of reverence for
Christ.
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own
husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the
husband is the head of the wife as Christ is
the head of the church, his body, of which he is
the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to
Christ, so also wives should submit to their
husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ
loved the church and gave himself up for her
26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the
washing with water through the word, 27 and
to present her to himself as a radiant church,
without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish,
but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way,
husbands ought to love their wives as their
own bodies. He who loves his wife loves
himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their
own body, but they feed and care for their
body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for
we are members of his body. 31 “For this
reason a man will leave his father and mother
and be united to his wife, and the two will
become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a profound
mystery—but I am talking about Christ and
the church. 33 However, each one of you also
must love his wife as he loves himself, and the
wife must respect her husband.

What do u deduce from those words of paul??l
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid: @logic boy...

Please look up this scripture...

It seems when u were u a catholic u never read them.....

Ephesians 5:21-33

21 Submit to one another out of reverence for
Christ.
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own
husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the
husband is the head of the wife as Christ is
the head of the church, his body, of which he is
the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to
Christ, so also wives should submit to their
husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ
loved the church and gave himself up for her
26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the
washing with water through the word, 27 and
to present her to himself as a radiant church,
without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish,
but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way,
husbands ought to love their wives as their
own bodies. He who loves his wife loves
himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their
own body, but they feed and care for their
body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for
we are members of his body. 31 “For this
reason a man will leave his father and mother
and be united to his wife, and the two will
become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a profound
mystery—but I am talking about Christ and
the church. 33 However, each one of you also
must love his wife as he loves himself, and the
wife must respect her husband.

What do u deduce from those words of paul??l

Your guy, Paul did not tell husbands to submit but told the wives to submit. Sexist
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by plappville(f): 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
oloriooko: If they are silent how then will they pray? undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by BERNIMOORE: 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2012
@Theblessed,

[b] Mankind8
your quotes below,raise some Controversial issues concerning adherence to the scriptures;(bolded)

If you understand it at all, then, you'd know that -[size=14pt] that was Paul's INSTRUCTION AND THOUGHTS - his order to the Church in Ephesus - God did not order that[/size] (Timothy Chpt. 2 v. 9 - 15)
[size=14pt]you personalise these scriptures as opinions of paul acting outside God's instruction,and limited to the ephesus.
[/size]
okay,below Mankind8 earlier personalise another scripture drumming the same thing to the corinthians,

Mankind8: The Mesage was meant for the Corintian women who believed to be more Than there Husband. The were proud, heartened and thought the were equal or supirior. That was why ApOSTle [size=14pt]Paul was giving them His personal openion to corintian Women and duty[/size]. GO AND READ BIBLE HISTORY BASIS.

now read below,maybe it is God's instruction or not,im quoting from same verses of same chapter in 1 cor 14;
1 cor 14:33,34,37,40

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak;

[size=16pt]37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.[/size]

40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

now lets see how early christians operate during the apostles,

overseers are appointed by team of apostles and older men, there is no mention of women,and i challenge anybody to show bible account that says anything as deaconess leading the church,...nowhere,
lets see the requirements below,

1 Timothy 3 :1-13;
New King James Version (NKJV)
Qualifications of Overseers

3 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop,[a] he desires a good work. 2[size=14pt] A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife,[/size] temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,[b] but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; [size=16pt]4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?)[/size]; 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Qualifications of Deacons

8 Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, 9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. [size=16pt]10 But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons,[/size] being found blameless. 11 Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. 12 [size=14pt]Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.[/size] 13 For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Their wives are not commanded to lead the church,her job is to support her husband in the oversight of training and raing their children humbly as as example to the church....an oversight abandoned to the society that lead bishop or pastors children to be learn other vices or some becoming athiest,due largely to abandonement of duty by the woman.hence

''4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?)''

so if you must reply,kindly back it with scriptures,thanks.
[/b]
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by NonsoJide: 10:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
women should not speak in churches they should just shut up and let the men take charge
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

Your guy, Paul did not tell husbands to submit but told the wives to submit. Sexist

Chei logic boy I just don't knw what to do with u......

U need serious cane......

So u have a problem with submissiveness but forgot about the word LOVE that husbands are told to display....

Self sacrificing LOVe.......

Ur just a bigot and a trouble maker.....

I asked 2good who iis d head of his house...

And I'ma ask u too.....

Who will be d head of ur family mr logic boy when u get married??..
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

So u have a problem with submissiveness but forgot about the word LOVE that husbands are told to display....

Ur just a bigot and a trouble maker.....

And I'ma ask u too.....

We will be equal in marriage. grin

No head, no tails. Just one in marriage grin grin grin
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Goshen360(m): 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2012
ijawkid:

[size=15pt]Ur just a bigot and a trouble maker.....[/size]

And I'ma ask u too.....

Ijawkid,

My candid advice for you is stop wasting your precious time with someone who knows the truth but just looking for loop holes in the word of God. The guy is simple depressed and looking for people to play around with on the Internet. You guys are giving him room to express his carnality on this thread. If I were you, Ijawkid, I will rather go use my precious time for something better because this logicboy01 will keep taking you in circles and wasting your time. If you have nothing better to do, go sleep and refresh yourself or do something better with your time. Thank you.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
Goshen360:

Ijawkid,

My candid advice for you is stop wasting your precious time with someone who knows the truth but just looking for loop holes in the word of God. The guy is simple depressed and looking for people to play around with on the Internet. You guys are giving him room to express his carnality on this thread. If I were you, Ijawkid, I will rather go use my precious time for something better because this logicboy01 will keep taking you in circles and wasting your time. If you have nothing better to do, go sleep and refresh yourself or do something better with your time. Thank you.

Hi hater grin

I'm depressed? How christian of you. wink
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by BERNIMOORE: 10:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
@Emmatok,

emmatok: Quote Post
Why are peeps replying a tread created by an ATHEIST.
Wonder why these guys fear Muslims? They dare not .

im a christian,and unless you are not sure of your faith,or it is on questionable grounds,there is nothing holding you back from expressing your faith to anybody including athiest,they can also learn from well proven facts,

see a scriptures to that effect;below
1 Peter 3:15 ESV

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy,[size=16pt] always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you;[/size] yet do it with gentleness and respect,

Are you prepared to share your faith to anybody if you are so sure of it? its bibles command,not mine.
thanks.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Goshen360(m): 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

Hi hater grin

I'm depressed? How christian of you. wink

I don't hate you and I will never. But you need to grow up, you are too loosed on this board and it's not a good lifestyle even if you are an Atheist, you should just grow up and be a man, Okay. Your Boss, Buzugee is not in today to deal with you.

See, me no get your time. I have precious things to do with my time not going in circles with you. If they/someone explain one thing in the bible to you, you will come up with another fault you are always looking for in the bible (as e be say na soso communion you dey go chop for catholic then when u be church goer for 22 yrs. The day wey communion no dey, you no go go church meaning na communion hunger dey carry you go church. shocked who knows maybe na because of communion u take become church goer in the first place sef, na only God sabi, grin ). You mind is veiled, turn to the Lord and the veil shall be taken away. You hear me.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Princewell2012(m): 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
1 corintians 14 verse 34 to 38 have answer that question, the other one was written by timothy that a woman should keep silence in the church while this one was written by paul himself. Now verse 35 said if they want anything they should meet their husband, he goes further and said it is a shame for a woman to speak in a church, he also let us to know that, it was a comandment from God, if you call yourself a pastor, evangelist or prophet you should know that, this comandment is from God. Now the question is this, why our pators not following this scipture? They ordain woman as a pastor and even give them branches to held. Today woman take lead in so many area in churches, those it means that paul was not with the holy spirit when he was writing that very scipture? Then if we agree to that it also mean that paul might as well writen other sciptures that is not with the help of the holy spirit, and if that is the case why do we still believing the bible? Nevertheless if we all agree that paul is doing everything with the help of the Holy spirit, and that he can not make a mistake, then why do we not follow his teachings and his comandment? Because majority of the new testament scripture was writen by paul.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / CAN Fecilitates With Muslims At Eid-El-Kabir / Dangers Of Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.