Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Should Women Be Silent In Churches? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Women Be Silent In Churches? (10700 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by emmatok(m): 11:20pm On Jun 24, 2012
BERNIMOORE: @Emmatok,

im a christian,and unless you are not sure of your faith,or it is on questionable grounds,there is nothing holding you back from expressing your faith to anybody including athiest,they can also learn from well proven facts,

see a scriptures to that effect;below
1 Peter 3:15 ESV

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy,[size=16pt] always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you;[/size] yet do it with gentleness and respect,

Are you prepared to share your faith to anybody if you are so sure of it? its bibles command,not mine.
thanks.
You, must be a young Christian, didn't read that christians are not to argue with people of vain reasoning?
You do not seems to know LOGICBOY01, your argument would not convince him, but rather makes you look foolish.
Be wise and discerning.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
Goshen360:

I don't hate you and I will never. But you need to grow up, you are too loosed on this board and it's not a good lifestyle even if you are an Atheist, you should just grow up and be a man, Okay. Your Boss, Buzugee is not in today to deal with you.

See, me no get your time. I have precious things to do with my time not going in circles with you. If they/someone explain one thing in the bible to you, you will come up with another fault you are always looking for in the bible (as e be say na soso communion you dey go chop for catholic then when u be church goer for 22 yrs. The day wey communion no dey, you no go go church meaning na communion hunger dey carry you go church. shocked who knows maybe na because of communion u take become church goer in the first place sef, na only God sabi, grin ). You mind is veiled, turn to the Lord and the veil shall be taken away. You hear me.

LMAO. Goshen, you don craze finish. Communion is a very small and round piece of bread. Eat 50 and you will still be hungry
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ijawkid(m): 12:55am On Jun 25, 2012
@logic boy...if u like dey there dey deceive yaself..hand go soon reach u.....
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by BERNIMOORE: 1:10am On Jun 25, 2012
@Emmatok

You, must be a young Christian, didn't read that christians are not to argue with people of vain reasoning?
You do not seems to know LOGICBOY01, your argument would not convince him, but rather makes you look foolish.
Be wise and discerning.

Hmn, yes im young in the christian only that i have been a christian now for almost 4 decades and still happy to continue.

As you can see my replies were directed to some thoughtfull comments on the forum,
i dont see things the way you think,because others are gaining from these,its not about logicboy,he is just only part of the forum,but the interest of others is far more than just one person, ive not engage him although i read his comments,but im only being neutral to anybody until one really shows his color,and i can handle that in different ways,or tottaly ignoring comments without direction.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 2:02am On Jun 25, 2012
BERNIMOORE: @Emmatok

Hmn, yes im young in the christian only that i have been a christian now for almost 4 decades and still happy to continue.

As you can see my replies were directed to some thoughtfull comments on the forum,
i dont see things the way you think,because others are gaining from these,its not about logicboy,he is just only part of the forum,but the interest of others is far more than just one person, ive not engage him although i read his comments,but im only being neutral to anybody until one really shows his color,and i can handle that in different ways,or tottaly ignoring comments without direction.

Unfortunately, many christians like Emmatok are not ready to be patient with atheists
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 25, 2012
What this verse means is that women should stop running their mouths like an okada at Ogba bus stop and concentrate more on reading their Bibles, shikena
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by coolzeal(m): 5:09am On Jun 25, 2012
ijawkid:

Can u please tell me ur own story..??......

Mayb u belong to the ape family......

Well since you don't know how to research and even tho the internet is at your door step, still you won't either.
I believe in God, don't get me wrong here but something is too fishy about our religion.. Christian or Muslim.
check this fact and not some religious fiction.. https://www.nairaland.com/244676/black-woman-god

Good luck and continuing waiting for God to come down from the sky and rescue you and even the bible says "Heaven help those who help themselves"
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ifydio(m): 10:28am On Jun 25, 2012
DoctorMcgruff: Another reason why the bible should not be taken so literal Paul has already indicated that women can pray and prophesy in church (chapter 11), and a worship service includes two or three people prophesying in turn (14:29-32). This means that it is permissible for women to have formal speaking roles in the church. Paul was apparently forbidding some other type of speech. Just as he did not allow tongue-speakers or prophets to speak out of turn, he did not want women to speak out of turn, saying things in such a way that they were breaking social customs about what is appropriate.

nothing like that in chapter 11......please no misleading, the interpretation is clear. Women should not preach in church.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by fortran12: 10:53am On Jun 25, 2012
coolzeal:

Good luck and continuing waiting for God to come down from the sky and rescue you and even the bible says "Heaven help those who help themselves"

Which version of the bible are u reading? lol!!!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by sayso: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
With that type of dress they always wear.They can't be.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Bikaly: 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2012
Women shuld kip silent dat is tru,if dey hav eni tin to say let dem ask dia husband at home nd if dey dnt hav let dem ask dia pastor afta d service.paul wsnt talkin 2 dem alone bt even 2 dis generation. so let no pastor decive u pls.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 12:44am On Jun 26, 2012
emmalezy: if u know u are a true christian stop askin such question again::: jesus death has really broken all those laws... He said IT IS FINISH so wats do u think he was talkin about.. Is it only our sins or what... Open ur eyes man...no wonder the bible says ..... My people perish for lack of knowledge... Wise up.. Am sure a muslim brought up dis thread....

sad sad sad sad

Ignorance is a disease
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 6:58am On Jun 26, 2012
logicboy01:

lol.....Is it aching you that your bible is being exposed?

Exposed?
Can u imagine the adjective, ''exposed''!
U need to qualify that adjective with an adverb like ''stupidly''
LOL!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:00am On Jun 26, 2012
logicboy01:

If you notice, you were the one spouting lies and illogical things.

You put a baseless accusation on the Corinth women.

You claim that this quote is not sexist;

1 Corinthians 14:34
New International Version (©1984)
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says

I will talk to u when u become a logic MAN....u r still an ILLOGICALboy!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:01am On Jun 26, 2012
logicboy01:

Your guy, Paul did not tell husbands to submit but told the wives to submit. Sexist

U r still a boy....go learn from ur elders.
Do u know what submission means....ooohh, is that what u have been thinking?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:03am On Jun 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Chei logic boy I just don't knw what to do with u......

U need serious cane......

So u have a problem with submissiveness but forgot about the word LOVE that husbands are told to display....

Self sacrificing LOVe.......

Ur just a bigot and a trouble maker.....

I asked 2good who iis d head of his house...

And I'ma ask u too.....

Who will be d head of ur family mr logic boy when u get married??..

Serious panelling with Blala!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 7:05am On Jun 26, 2012
logicboy01:

Hi hater grin

I'm depressed? How christian of you. wink

It will be ''how christian of you'' if he was lying about ur depression!
Go take ur drugs and be a good boy!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by yoged(m): 7:48am On Jun 26, 2012
2good:

Do you believe in the crap you just wrote?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by yoged(m): 7:49am On Jun 26, 2012
2good:

Do you believe in the crap you just wrote?
M.oron,you should have eliminated the crap sentence . Na fight, i believe coz am not an atheist like u
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Tinkybabe(f): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2012
logicboy01:

lol....Rhema ko, deeper life ni.

Spiritual discernment? Do you need spiritual discernment to realise that a statement is sexist? Or are you a sheep that waits for the pastor to teach you how to read your bible?

I'm not in anyway advocating sexism or female discrimination.I'm a female so why would I be?We cannot rule out the fact that in those days women were regarded as lower species,hence were restricted in taking major roles.Moreso Paul was just sharing an opinion. My comment about spiritual discernment is about your other posts not exactly the topic.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by 2good(m): 9:06am On Jun 26, 2012
yoged: M.oron,you should have eliminated the crap sentence . Na fight, i believe coz am not an atheist like u

You need a proper education. Nigeria have failed you so I will not hold grudge against your ignorance and demeaning reasoning. You are the product of a failed system but there is still time to correct your backward reasoning.
Lastly tell me why you think simply having a male organ makes you better than a woman?

hint: please take time to think before responding to that question because your brain is not for decoration. It has a purpose.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 9:59am On Jun 26, 2012
Tinkybabe:

I'm not in anyway advocating for sexism or female discrimination.I'm a female so why would I be?We cannot rule out the fact that in those days women were regarded as lower species,hence were restricted in taking major roles.Moreso Paul was just sharing an opinion. My comment about spiritual discernment is about your other posts not exactly the topic.

Doesnt it show that the bible is not God's word? If such a nonsense opinion can enter the bible, how can we trust other things there?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 10:01am On Jun 26, 2012
ayobase:

It will be ''how christian of you'' if he was lying about ur depression!
Go take ur drugs and be a good boy!

Huh? Drugs ke?

You christians are sometimes the biggest liars on earth.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 10:08am On Jun 26, 2012
ayobase:

Exposed?
Can u imagine the adjective, ''exposed''!
U need to qualify that adjective with an adverb like ''stupidly''
LOL!

"Exposed" is used as a verb there. Go and learn grammar.

The bible is already evil from my perspective and so, no need to add an adjective to qualify it further. It is being exposed for what it is!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
logicboy01:

Huh? Drugs ke?

You christians are sometimes the biggest liars on earth.

Yeah, SOMETIMES!
Some can go any length!
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by ayobase(m): 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
logicboy01:

"Exposed" is used as a verb there. Go and learn grammar.

The bible is already evil from my perspective and so, no need to add an adjective to qualify it further. It is being exposed for what it is!

U need to grow up Logicboy.
Im still around cos of the teasings!
So, someone is exposing without knowledge aight?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Freksy(m): 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
emmalezy: if u know u are a true christian stop askin such question again::: jesus death has really broken all those laws... He said IT IS FINISH so wats do u think he was talkin about.. Is it only our sins or what... Open ur eyes man...no wonder the bible says ..... My people perish for lack of knowledge... Wise up.. Am sure a muslim brought up dis thread....

So there are those who are true Christians and those who are professed. What makes you think you are a true christian? If you are not merely professing to be a Christian, can you scripturally support your claim that Jesus' death broke the law limiting women's activities in the church?

..... My people perish for lack of knowledge... Knowledge about what?

Am sure a muslim brought up dis thread.... what makes you so sure? You sound a bit unchristian.

According to you, 'wise up'.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 1:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
ayobase:

U need to grow up Logicboy.
Im still around cos of the teasings!
So, someone is exposing without knowledge aight?

Whatever.
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Freksy(m): 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
coolzeal:

The event that took place in the bible is just 6000 to 7000 yrs old and the first modern human (Homo Sapien) appeared in Africa around 195000 yrs ago and in the same bible we're told by the European that Adam and Eve were white including Christian movies. Eve was suppose to come from Adam right.. Now ask yourself this question; How they hell did Eve came from Adam when we know that you cannot bring life into this world without a woman. A man cannot give birth to a child... A black woman was the first human on earth and she gave birth to humanity. Stop deluding yourself worshiping a white man in your church( AKA Jesus) and search for the real history. Who wrote the bible = the European and the bible was also use to justify slavery in Africa in those days. Go and ask your pastor how can a woman come from man when we as men don't have womb.... The story of Adam and Eve is fictitious.. sorry but it is the truth.
In addition, you should also research the BLACK MADONNA..

A black woman was the first human on earth and she gave birth to humanity very interesting! How did she get her first baby?

1 Like

Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by logicboy01: 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
Freksy:

A black woman was the first human on earth and she gave birth to humanity very interesting! How did she get her first baby?

A black man?
Re: Should Women Be Silent In Churches? by Princewell2012(m): 1:27am On Jun 27, 2012
embarassed
DoctorMcgruff: Its really easy to blow that verse out of proportion because it is very in your face and precise, like i stated earlier and the other guy there was something much more to it. First he was addressing the women of the church in corinth, not ALL women. Secondly they were doing something wrong at the time. Most likely misbehaving and he letting them specifically know what they should do
so paul is only preaching to the woman of corrinth? Wonderful cry
DoctorMcgruff: Its really easy to blow that verse out of proportion because it is very in your face and precise, like i stated earlier and the other guy there was something much more to it. First he was addressing the women of the church in corinth, not ALL women. Secondly they were doing something wrong at the time. Most likely misbehaving and he letting them specifically know what they should do
so paul is only preaching to the woman of corrinth? Wonderful what a misinterpretation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Questions For Atheists!!! / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent! / According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.