Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Principles For Nigeria's Rapid But Sustainable Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Principles For Nigeria's Rapid But Sustainable Development (936 Views)

Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / Some Of The Pictorial Sustainable Development In Delta State... / Protesters Shot At By Rapid Response Squad In Ogba, 1 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Principles For Nigeria's Rapid But Sustainable Development by koruji(m): 5:47am On Jun 24, 2012
Please list your top three fundamental principles to guide Nigeria to the path of rapid, but sustainable, development.

You can list them here or visit this open discussion at the NAO Forum (with all the spam bots I'll probably regret this grin):[url]http://nao.nigeriaanew.org/forum/index.php/topic,83.msg531.html#msg531[/url]
Re: Principles For Nigeria's Rapid But Sustainable Development by koruji(m): 4:21am On Jun 28, 2012
Okay. A few days since posting this.

Let me start off this exercise by illustrating how one might go about identifying the top three fundamental principles for Nigeria's development.

In the past when questions about what is preventing Nigeria's development have been asked many people replied with the following:

"Corruption, corruption, corruption", "tribalism" or similar thoughts.

Although these issues are correctly identified as bedeviling Nigeria's development they do not express the missing basic ingredients of development.

Thus, I encourage readers here to think in the following terms: If your first idea is for example "eradicate corruption" think further about what underlying principle may be missing in our society that leads to corruption. In this regard, "eradicate corruption" may lead to "enforce the law", and so on and so forth. Continue this process until you have arrived at a number of principles that represent the basic ingredients for Nigeria's development in your view.

The choice of 3 principles is not a hard and fast rule - 1,2,3,...,n principles can be identified, but 3 is to ensure that what is left at the end are the basic principles.

My hope is that we might be able to find a few common basic principles that would need to be forllowed in our quest for development in Nigeria.

Many thanks for your contribution.

koruji: Please list your top three fundamental principles to guide Nigeria to the path of rapid, but sustainable, development.

You can list them here or visit this open discussion at the NAO Forum (with all the spam bots I'll probably regret this grin):[url]http://nao.nigeriaanew.org/forum/index.php/topic,83.msg531.html#msg531[/url]
Re: Principles For Nigeria's Rapid But Sustainable Development by DuduNegro: 6:10am On Jun 28, 2012
We are not united in Nigeria and there is no point further wasting time and energy asking people to contribute ideas to a disunited cause.

Nigeria is dead, but my fatherland must not die with it!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: A CIA Covert Operation; Destabilization Plots Against Nigeria / Dana Crash Report, How Captain Battled With Failed Engines Mid-air / Benin Republic Yoruba Monarchs Re-unite With Nigerian Kin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.