Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,141 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? (27227 Views)

Festival Of Fire @erema Community Of Onelga Lga, Rivers State(photos) / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Truckpusher(m): 4:30am On Aug 31, 2012
afam4eva:
I have no problem with any group going solo but they should do that without trying to distort history so as to justify their detachment from the greater Igbo nation.

Even if they create an identity for themselves, the'll still be seen as Igbo by the entire world. It will be record breaking to tell someone that your name is "Chinedu Amaechi" but you're not Igbo.
wouldn't it be record breaking to tell someone that your name is "EPENI CHUKUMBANA or ABIAMAMBANA rather than "EKPENIM CHUKWUEMEKA" and your still an ibo? (enye isu)? mind you the word chukwu in ibo isn't the same thing for the ogbas' the ogba people clearly call it "ABIAMA" at least i saw and lived with my grandfather so i know what i'm talking abt.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Truckpusher(m): 4:32am On Aug 31, 2012
afam4eva:
The same reason why anyone would consider Ogba to be Igbo is the same reason why anyone will equally consider Ngwa Igbo. What makes Ngwa Igbo and not Ogba. Pls be sincere in your reply.
YOU ARE SO LOST IN THIS ARGUMENT.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by oturugo(m): 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
Truckpusher: why would you waste your precious time trying to educate these ignorant igbos...pazienza is only demonstrating his lack of knowledge in history and geography yet i find it appalling the manner which they carry themselves,bragging abt a great igbo nation when 85% of negative name calling of nigerians in foreign countries are crimes being committed by this great and wonderful people...great and wonderful indeed mtcheew.
Stop this your silly logic. In my own community, God is also called Chukwuabiama, Abiama Igwe. Does. That make my community less Igbo.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Truckpusher(m): 2:16am On Sep 01, 2012
oturugo:
Stop this your silly logic. In my own community, God is also called Chukwuabiama, Abiama Igwe. Does. That make my community less Igbo.
SURE WE KNOW THAT THERE ARE SOME IGBOS THAT CAME AND SETTLED IN THE 1800S FOR TARDE AND ALSO THOSE THAT WHERE BOUGHT AS SLAVES BUT THIS REPRESENTS A VERY LITTLE PORTION OF THE ENTIRE POPULATION THAT IS IF THE LINEAGE STILL EXIST TILL THIS 21ST CENTURY...MAYBE YOU ARE ONE THEM.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Abagworo(m): 3:57am On Sep 01, 2012
Truckpusher: wouldn't it be record breaking to tell someone that your name is "EPENI CHUKUMBANA or ABIAMAMBANA rather than "EKPENIM CHUKWUEMEKA" and your still an ibo? (enye isu)? mind you the word chukwu in ibo isn't the same thing for the ogbas' the ogba people clearly call it "ABIAMA" at least i saw and lived with my grandfather so i know what i'm talking abt.

Abiama is Igbo god rooted in Aro . Must have traveled down to Ogba through Aro traders. It does not however prove anything but I just want to tame your ignorance. It is used in almost the entire Igboland in Igbo traditional religion.

The Igbo believe in a supreme omniscient god called Chukwu Abiama that never interferes with their livelihood. No sacrifices are ever made to Chukwu, but he's still considered the receiver of all sacrifices which are made to the plethora of minor gods.

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by pazienza(m): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2012
Truckpusher, you are really stup.Id, you know nothing about igbo tribes,the fact that you are comparing a simple tribe like ogba to a conglomerate of tribes like the igbo nation further proves how ill equipped you are for this topic.

Imagine your ignorance,you think ogba is the only tribe that says ABIAMA,gosh! Even my 10yrs old cousin knows that abiama is an aro lexicon used by many igbo tribes .
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by pazienza(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2012
Truckpusher: SURE WE KNOW THAT THERE ARE SOME IGBOS THAT CAME AND SETTLED IN THE 1800S FOR TARDE AND ALSO THOSE THAT WHERE BOUGHT AS SLAVES BUT THIS REPRESENTS A VERY LITTLE PORTION OF THE ENTIRE POPULATION THAT IS IF THE LINEAGE STILL EXIST TILL THIS 21ST CENTURY...MAYBE YOU ARE ONE THEM.

Hehe! First of all,you go about throwing abiama around thinking it is peculiar to ogba,and when your ignorance was exposed,you pulled this shi.t above from your anus.

Guy,do yourself a favour,leave that your bushland,travel to other igbo clans,and learn. Stop disgracing this board with your ignorance. The problem with you lots is that you seldom travel,and you know next to nothing about other igbo tribes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by emma1508: 4:12am On Oct 31, 2012
lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by adaide1: 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Please this argument is becoming repetitious. let them be whoever they seem fit. If being Igbo is so hard for them to bear while they can claim it as language; then they can be considered as aliens who took root from Binis' but happen to speak Igbo or better still they can fall from the skies, others have done it before. but my advice is they should restructure the language and their culture so that they won't be mistaken for who they aren't since a greater number of people are already using the Language/culture and they are not from bini.

Besides, I heard a part of owerri do not inter marry with the Ikwerres as they are related. How True is this?
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by steveec122(m): 2:41am On Jul 16, 2013
So you still do not understand that explanation, ok
Bini can not by land from Edo
Arewa cannot by land from hausa
ijebu can not buy from yoruba
kai, Please Igbo's are people not just a spot on earth,
no man made creation of state or region can make igbos in rivers or delta (Ikwerre, ogba, aniocha,etc)
deny their root.
Imo people understand their language better than the Afikpos and Ohafias
abdul izom: You can disprove me by making an inquiry, not by castigation.
This is a reality, no Igbo can buy a single plot of land in Omoku and Onelga as whole.
Confirm it, this is a world of info tech.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Geolegacy: 11:30am On Sep 04, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Wonders shall never end! Who are these Onelga ppl ? Firstly,I will not set foot there talk more of buying lands there....Kogi and Benue ppl are giving lands free to Igbos to invest and we are hear discussing a group with no presence! If they like let them sell lands to yorubas and boko harem.......I dont care! If they like let them claim Uhrobo I dont care but one thing I am sure of is that they will need our help 00pm oneday just like the Ijaws....These ppl are probably not up to 100,000 in population and we are here discusing a non factor..Op is probably from there and comehere to seek cheap populaity amongst the IGBOS!
Op,tell ur ppl I said they should shove all ther lands into their weak a..ss! Everybody wan use Igbos shine!
Some1 has really proven that illiteracy could be spotted even among learned elites. . . .ONELGA is the largest LGA in the Niger Delta and Nigeria at large and also it produces over 50% out of the 71% revenue Nigeria generates for itself from Rivers States oil and gas, this region has produced many glamourous dignitries which a litle bit of research on your own part should prove,these nobles which cut across every noble field and department in the success firmament are noteworthy and oustanding,e.g africa's foremost political economist,PAN-Africanist and Activist, Prof. Claude Ake who with the likes of Walter Rodney(Guyana), Kwame Nkrumah(Ghana), Nelson Mandella(S'Africa),Julius Nyerere(Tanzania) as well as others gave in their best and in synergy of efforts worked to curb Neo-colonialism and Imperialism,the likes of Prof C. T. I. Odu, the ever illustrious Sen.(sir) Francis Ella(Of Blessed M), the amiable Dr. Peter Odili just to mention but a few,are all from the LGA....if u scan tru Nigerian political history and the lingering crisis of tribalism and ethnicity carefully,one might be tempted to hastily declare a genocide on the igbo populace but they are honourable, if one consider the rate of fraud and abuse on customers of theirs businesses,one might be forced to pray down fire and brimestone on Nd'igbo but why should i? Especially because they are honourable, if one considers their arrogance,dubious nature,brashness,ingenuity in relationships and association,condescending and belittling attitude,proud and difficult,egocentric and ethnocentric,self-centredness,selfishness,uncouthness,vulgarity and a host of other ills, the whole world might be forced to blot them out of history,for even angels and demons alike frown at this fellows. But Nd'igbo are still very honourable and if this all being honourable is all about then a civilized Yoruba man is dishonourable.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Geolegacy: 11:33am On Sep 04, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Wonders shall never end! Who are these Onelga ppl ? Firstly,I will not set foot there talk more of buying lands there....Kogi and Benue ppl are giving lands free to Igbos to invest and we are hear discussing a group with no presence! If they like let them sell lands to yorubas and boko harem.......I dont care! If they like let them claim Uhrobo I dont care but one thing I am sure of is that they will need our help 00pm oneday just like the Ijaws....These ppl are probably not up to 100,000 in population and we are here discusing a non factor..Op is probably from there and comehere to seek cheap populaity amongst the IGBOS!

Op,tell ur ppl I said they should shove all ther lands into their weak a..ss! Everybody wan use Igbos shine!
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by pazienza(m): 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
Geolegacy: Some1 has really proven that illiteracy could be spotted even among learned elites. . . .ONELGA is the largest LGA in the Niger Delta and Nigeria at large and also it produces over 50% out of the 71% revenue Nigeria generates for itself from Rivers States oil and gas, this region has produced many glamourous dignitries which a litle bit of research on your own part should prove,these nobles which cut across every noble field and department in the success firmament are noteworthy and oustanding,e.g africa's foremost political economist,PAN-Africanist and Activist, Prof. Claude Ake who with the likes of Walter Rodney(Guyana), Kwame Nkrumah(Ghana), Nelson Mandella(S'Africa),Julius Nyerere(Tanzania) as well as others gave in their best and in synergy of efforts worked to curb Neo-colonialism and Imperialism,the likes of Prof C. T. I. Odu, the ever illustrious Sen.(sir) Francis Ella(Of Blessed M), the amiable Dr. Peter Odili just to mention but a few,are all from the LGA....if u scan tru Nigerian political history and the lingering crisis of tribalism and ethnicity carefully,one might be tempted to hastily declare a genocide on the igbo populace but they are honourable, if one consider the rate of fraud and abuse on customers of theirs businesses,one might be forced to pray down fire and brimestone on Nd'igbo but why should i? Especially because they are honourable, if one considers their arrogance,dubious nature,brashness,ingenuity in relationships and association,condescending and belittling attitude,proud and difficult,egocentric and ethnocentric,self-centredness,selfishness,uncouthness,vulgarity and a host of other ills, the whole world might be forced to blot them out of history,for even angels and demons alike frown at this fellows. But Nd'igbo are still very honourable and if this all being honourable is all about then a civilized Yoruba man is dishonourable.

What exactly is the point of this your ill thought essay?

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by MaziChiozo1(m): 1:49am On Jun 29, 2016
How can an obga person tell who is igbo or not. Isnt ogba and ndoni igbo? How can they tell the difference of a se igbo and ss igbo if they bear the same name.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Chukwuedoz: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
It appears some people just like to argue about what they have no knowledge of or have refused to tell themselves the obvious truth ..truth so glaring that it needs no argument of any sort .igbos are despised and rejected in onelga and therefore allowed to merely exist under watchful envious eyes.Land is not sold to igbos at all at all...infact let me put it like they put it ....land is not sold to "indi isu".That's the degrading term they use to show disdain and describe igbos.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Chukwuedoz: 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
Amazing thing is that they all answer Igbo names and speak mutilated Igbo.But yet they reject igbos...its simply becos of that oil.clearly u can see they are igbos but they reject it with disgust.Yet the lifeline of the entire onelga is dependent. on igbos..all the supermarkets are run by igbos ,all the big stores are owned by the same igbos they merely allow to pitch.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by raumdeuter: 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2019
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by fero007: 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
I'm just hearing of this, if it's true then must be due to some misunderstanding in the past, not bcuz omoku pepo or igbo pepo r bad, but even blood brodas have disagreements once in a while, no tribe is saintly
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Mar 02, 2019
Just to revise this topic, which group in ONElGA does not sell land to Igbo's because Egbema people who are located in this local government are unrepentant Igbo's and would sell land to Igbo's.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by HopeAtHand: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
Afam4eva:
Just to revise this topic, which group in ONElGA does not sell land to Igbo's because Egbema people who are located in this local government are unrepentant Igbo's and would sell land to Igbo's.

So what do you intend to gain with that piece of info?
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
HopeAtHand:

So what do you intend to gain with that piece of info?
There's nothing wrong in learning. I hadn't been to Egbema when this thread was opened and i assumed that the thread was referring to the entire ONELGA. Infact, i didnt even realize that there were different Igboid groups i the said ONELGA. So, what i stand to gain is to get better information because it ill be misleading to assume that Igbos are not being sold land in the entire local government.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Vcblinks(m): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
abdulizom:
You can disprove me by making an inquiry, not by castigation.
This is a reality, no Igbo can buy a single plot of land in Omoku and Onelga as whole.
Confirm it, this is a world of info tech.
thats true bro,noticed it
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by hitmanogo: 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
Vcblinks:
thats true bro,noticed it
Interesting....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

King Edward Asimini Celebrates 20 Years On The Throne In Bonny Kingdom / Ooni Of Ife Hosts American Delegates At His Palace In Osun State. Photos / Idowu Olaniyi Adediwura, Crowned As Obalufe Of Ife (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.