Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? (27266 Views)

Festival Of Fire @erema Community Of Onelga Lga, Rivers State(photos) / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OneNaira6: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
ChinenyeN: Don't play dumb. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, and it's certainly not an insult. You're Delta state, so you're technically not Igbo. Someone else like me for example, who by design is Abia state, is technically Igbo. That's simply the way things are.

SMH. I won't even deify that with an answer.

Continue, this is how una created the division yet una still they wonder why some Igbos deny being Igbo.
Continue with the fake and real Igbo brouhaha.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
Don't include me in that your "una". That dynamic has nothing to do with me. My only thing here is that I just didn't get why you would actually need an explanation for how your family has land where Igbo supposedly "can't", as if you didn't already know.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by AndreUweh(m): 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
ChinenyeN: Don't play dumb. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, and it's certainly not an insult. You're Delta state, so you're technically not Igbo. Someone else like me for example, who by design is Abia state, is technically Igbo. That's simply the way things are. So it shouldn't come as such a surprise to you that your family apparently has land in places where Igbo supposedly "can't".
You again. I thought you have stopped all this your useless assertions. Oh my God, what has made you to go back to those your days of retarded posts?.
Did you sleep well last night, or what part of your body is in pains?
Above all, why are you insulting one naira and his fellow proud deltans of Igbo origin?.
Don't go there.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
deleted
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
At times i wonder if Igboid groups in River state don't have access to the internet because i've never seen a single Rivers Igbo man coming to tell us the real situation of many arguments that we've had concerning them on this site.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
I don't see why you all need to get tight. I didn't insult anyone.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by AndreUweh(m): 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
@Afam, that Odenigbo called One_naira has never insulted any of us before and it is not fair for anyone to insult him here. An insult to him is an insult to us all. Am not happy.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
Andre Uweh: @Afam, that Odenigbo called One_naira has never insulted any of us before and it is not fair for anyone to insult him here. An insult to him is an insult to us all. Am not happy.
I did not insult one-naira oo. Are you mistaking me for Chinenye? Why should i insult him when he is one of us.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by AndreUweh(m): 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
afam4eva:
I did not insult one-naira oo. Are you mistaking me for Chinenye? Why should i insult him when he is one of us.
Sorry, I didn't say you insulted him. It was Chinenye who insulted us.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
I repeat: I didn't insult anyone, but if you all decide to feel insulted, then sorry. I still stand by my statement to One Naira.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by AndreUweh(m): 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
@The poster, this your thread belongs to the waste bin.
Most hostels, shops and buildings around the college of education in ONELGA are owned by Ndigbo from the south east. At the moment, they are still developing the area.
This your thread has not achieved anything.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OneNaira6: 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
ChinenyeN: Don't include me in that your "una". That dynamic has nothing to do with me. My only thing here is that I just didn't get why you would actually need an explanation for how your family has land where Igbo supposedly "can't", as if you didn't already know.

Yes I would need an explanation since the accusation is against ALL IGBOS, it did not single out SE. My family and any-other Anioma is as Igbo as you whether you like it or not. Judging from the anger emitting from your post, it would seem you dislike delta Igbo claiming the community and trying to connect to SE igbos so chinenyeN you are part of the "una". There is nothing written anywhere that states since you are from Abia state, somehow you have more authority and right to claim Igbo than I neither is written anywhere that SE Igbo are the only true Igbos.

Get off your high horse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OneNaira6: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
@ afam4eva and andrew

Thank you smiley
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 5:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
One_Naira: @ afam4eva and andrew

Thank you smiley
You're welcome.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
One_Naira: Yes I would need an explanation since the accusation is against ALL IGBOS, it did not single out SE. My family and any-other Anioma is as Igbo as you whether you like it or not. Judging from the anger emitting from your post, it would seem you dislike delta Igbo claiming the community and trying to connect to SE igbos so chinenyeN you are part of the "una". There is nothing written anywhere that states since you are from Abia state, somehow you have more authority and right to claim Igbo than I neither is written anywhere that SE Igbo are the only true Igbos.

Get off your high horse

Too many assumptions in your post for me to even begin with. It'll just be easier for me to allow you to continue to assume them all. Continue assuming that I care about the political dynamics or the identity issues between "SE" and "Delta" Igbo. Even, continue assuming that I somehow think of myself as "more Igbo" than you, or even "real Igbo". Ochi lei, i go die.

Lol, just continue to include me in that your "una". I no longer mind. It'll be much easier than having to explain anything.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OneNaira6: 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2012
ChinenyeN: Too many assumptions in your post for me to even begin with. It'll just be easier for me to allow you to continue to assume them all. Continue assuming that I care about the political dynamics or the identity issues between "SE" and "Delta" Igbo. Even, continue assuming that I somehow think of myself as "more Igbo" than you, or even "real Igbo". Ochi lei, i go die.

Lol, just continue to include me in that your "una". I no longer mind. Things will just be easier that way.

dude I don't need to assume, You can try to track back all you want but your post speaks for itself.

Is this not your words?

Don't play dumb. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, and it's certainly not an insult. You're Delta state, so you're technically not Igbo. Someone else like me for example, who by design is Abia state, is technically Igbo. That's simply the way things are. So it shouldn't come as such a surprise to you that your family apparently has land in places where Igbo supposedly "can't".

Care to explain how an Igbo from Abia state makes the said person "Technically Igbo" while an Igbo from Delta states makes that said person "technically not Igbo"

First of all it is an insult; if you weren't aware of it, you aware of it now.

Your post, is it not real vs. fake Igbo bs? why yes it is.
Are you not saying someone from Abia state have the right to be classified as "igbo" as oppose to someone from delta state? Yeah you are
Are you not saying being from delta state somehow emits our Igboness or whatever you might call it? Yes you are
Are you not saying Delta Igbo are treated differently from SE Igbo? Yes you are

No I'm not assuming, you said it all.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
Anyone who has been on NL long enough knows for a fact that I don't care about "real"/"fake" Igbo nonsense, and would know better than to misinterpret my statement the way you did. I seriously will not take time out to explain to you, because it is simply easier for you to continue to assume that your misinterpretation is correct.

Besides, you seem 100% in your conviction. So continue to enjoy it.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by odumchi: 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
ChinenyeN: You're Delta state. You're technically [b]not [/b]Igbo, in context of this discussion.

Chineke mee! shocked

Biko, ekwukwa udi ihe a odo...
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by odumchi: 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
On a serious note, I kind of understand what Chinenye is trying to say. He's trying to say that the discrimination (if at all there is any) exists towards the "typical" south eastern Igbo and not necessarily to the Igbo outside of the "five Igbo states".

However, I believe he could've said the same thing in a better way instead of saying that "technically, One_Naira is not Igbo". Maybe Chinenye's point could've been buttressed with quotations or something. Anyway, in this case, there's really no way to differentiate an Asaba Igboman (as One_Naira is) from an Onicha Igboman so the stigma doesn't necessarily apply to him. However if he were an Igboman from Agbor or Kwale then maybe the distinction between he and an Igbo from Abakaliki or Umuahia could've been made.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 8:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
People should learn to read and understand a statement, as it is written.

My full statement was thus: "You're Delta state. You're technically not Igbo, in context of this discussion".

In all of people's rush to take offense, they conveniently chose to only read "You're technically not Igbo" and conveniently ignore "in context of this discussion". As far as the truth stands, the point I made was a legitimate and simple one, and my statement was clear and non-ambiguous. I cannot be held liable for any reader's careless misinterpretation. Nothing in my initial statement is offensive or designed to be offensive, unless you (the reader, whomever you are) so choose to read it as such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by odumchi: 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
ChinenyeN: People should learn to read and understand a statement, as it is written.

My full statement was thus: "You're Delta state. You're technically not Igbo, in context of this discussion".

In all of people's rush to take offense, they conveniently chose to only read "You're technically not Igbo" and conveniently ignore "in context of this discussion". As far as the truth stands, the point I made was a legitimate and simple one, and my statement was clear and non-ambiguous. I cannot be held liable for any reader's careless misinterpretation. Nothing in my initial statement is offensive or designed to be offensive, unless you (the reader, whomever you are) so choose to read it as such.

Please, enough of this "people should"; just be direct.

I understood everything you said and was even helping buttress your statement. It's just that statements like that can have a wide range of emotional effects. What you intended to mean may not be what another perceives.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
Odumchi, I recognize that you understood, and that you were also helping them to understand. I appreciate that, and I appreciate your efforts to arbitrate this, though I feel that your efforts would actually not have be necessary had One Naira and Andre simply read my statement, as I wrote it, instead of them being so quick to take unnecessary offense.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Abagworo(m): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
One_Naira:

The Op is not onelga for one thing and for two the story is not true. I'm still waiting for one of them to answer why my fam has lands in a place we supposedly cannot get a land. Abagworo you too, I'm awaiting una answers.

By the way Nri priest, seriously do some of una ever visit a place before attacking and insulting the place and people or do you guys just base all you know about a place from stories written by 1diots on this forum.

Everyone in Rivers sells land to Igbos apart from Omoku so it is likely your family land is elsewhere.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:35am On Jul 04, 2012
Chinenye, meelu onwe gi ebele! Are you seeking attention or what ? One naira is a full blooded Igbo! Shikena.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Obiagu1(m): 1:36am On Jul 04, 2012
@ ChinenyeN, it's obvious you can't really express yourself properly. When every "simple" statement you make is misconstrued, then you should know you have problem with expression not matter how well you think you can write.

1: Well, One Naira, what's there to explain? You're Delta state. You're technically not Igbo, in context of this discussion.
This is a very ambiguous statement and in a way, bluntly telling One_Naira that he is technically not Igbo in the context of this discussion because he is from Delta state; therefore, he should step aside.

2: Well, One Naira, what's there to explain? You're from Delta state. You're assumed, by some people, not to be Igbo so you're treated differently from SE Igbos.
Simple clear statement and One_Naira wouldn't be seeking explanation from you for telling him he is not Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:14am On Jul 04, 2012
Obiagu1: @ ChinenyeN, it's obvious you can't really express yourself properly. When every "simple" statement you make is misconstrued, then you should know you have problem with expression not matter how well you think you can write.

1: Well, One Naira, what's there to explain? You're Delta state. You're technically not Igbo, in context of this discussion.
This is a very ambiguous statement and in a way, bluntly telling One_Naira that he is technically not Igbo in the context of this discussion because he is from Delta state; therefore, he should step aside.

2: Well, One Naira, what's there to explain? You're from Delta state. You're assumed, by some people, not to be Igbo so you're treated differently from SE Igbos.
Simple clear statement and One_Naira wouldn't be seeking explanation from you for telling him he is not Igbo.

Nwanne,ike gwulu nwokem afu sef ! Foolishly stubborn ! I wonder who gave him the right to say who is Igbo and who isnt....That boy have a serious problem and am just being civil here.....When I start punking him you guys will shout me down.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:21am On Jul 04, 2012
Obiagu, those two statements (my original and your rewrite), though they are essentially saying the same things, have different implications. I did not word my statement like you did, for a reason. But that is of no actual consequence at this point. So I'll just say thank you for your directness and honesty. I will keep your statement in mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Abagworo(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
ChinenyeN made a sarcastic statement with barely no seriousness but drove home a point. The post civil war definition of Igbo is Southeast. If you are Igbo in Rivers, your new ethnic group is either the name of your clan or more appropriately "Rivers man". The Delta "Ibo" have suffered more in this renaming cycle from Midwest to Bendel to Delta. The emphasis is most often laid but the Igboness is a thing of the mind. There will always be protagonists and antagonists depending on where the wind blows the person involved.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by odumchi: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
ChinenyeN: Odumchi, I recognize that you understood, and that you were also helping them to understand. I appreciate that, and I appreciate your efforts to arbitrate this, though I feel that your efforts would actually not have be necessary had One Naira and Andre simply read my statement, as I wrote it, instead of them being so quick to take unnecessary offense.

Nwanna m nsogbu adighi. I understand clearly what you're saying.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
Chinenye, saying that Delta Igbo is "technically not Igbo" is the most absurd and despicable thing to say to an Anioma man. This assertion is what irk some some Anioma people into de-emphazing their Igboness. You are no more Igbo than me who is from Delta. Mind you, there is no accreditation board for who is "technically Igbo." You owe Delta Igbo an apology! Being technically Igbo is purely subjective.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by AndreUweh(m): 12:01am On Jul 05, 2012
omonuan: Chinenye, saying that Delta Igbo is "technically not Igbo" is the most absurd and despicable thing to say to an Anioma man. This assertion is what irk some some Anioma people into de-emphazing their Igboness. You are no more Igbo than me who is from Delta. Mind you, there is no accreditation board for who is "technically Igbo." You owe Delta Igbo an apology! Being technically Igbo is purely subjective.
Biko, do not be offended by the foolishness of one man here. He has not got the backing of any person over his utterance. We are one and we are one love family.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:03am On Jul 05, 2012
You really have no idea. Omonuan, as far as my actual opinion is concerned, you Anioma are more Igbo than I, but that is beyond the scope of this discussion. I'll admit that I do understand where you people coming from. You feel hurt by your [mis]interpretation of my statement. You perceive it as insensitive, and you believe I owe Anioma an apology. I on the other hand, see your reaction as overly sensitive and unnecessary. To me, you all seem to care more about taking offense, than anything else. It's as if we might as well just forget about having a straight discussion, since taking offense takes precedence over comprehension.

My point still stands. One Naira had no reason to be surprised at his family owning supposedly "restricted" lands since they come from Delta and that definitively makes them not Igbo, as opposed to someone who comes from Imo or Enugu who carry Igbo/Biafra war stigma. Simple, now carry on.

Anyway, I'm done here. Monyem adii iri la hnwe Anioma. Ma ra we akwuu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary / Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History / African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.