Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? (16974 Views)

How To Easily Spot A Fake Galaxy S6 Smartphone / Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub / Why Birds Don't Get Electrocuted When They Climb Electric Cables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2012
Emmyk: Almost every electronic equipment gimme a "ghrrrrrrrrr" effect whenever I touch a part of it that any other person touch with success. Ranging from Fridge,Stablizer,UPS,CPU. And ofcourse Laptop adaptor, I mean the tip dat is inserted into laptop, I touch it and I get shocked! The next second I call anyone else to touch it and they feel okay, not like they didnt breath when they touch it! Does this weird thing happen to someone else there?
Of course, the second you touch it the charges present at the tip discharge through you. If any other person touches it, nothing should happen since the charges are no longer present.
Apparently, your apartment or house is not properly earthed and as a result electronic equipment will continue to store charges. Check with your house electrician.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by bonna4u(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
isquar3d3: Ur grandfather probably fought in d civil war and had a shrapnel from those ogbunigwe things lodged in his body. It's obviously inheritable. Sorry.

Check ur house wirings again jwor.
He could be the terminator made manifest in real life.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Mcdondayan: 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
i dont know d kind of pple selected 4 NL. Tears are still rolling down my chin due to excessive laughter.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by jamez3d(m): 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
Your blood is ionized. Drink a lot of haemoglobin, and try again. If it still shocks you. Try this. Have somebody touch you while you touch a part that shocks you but doesn't shock them. If it shocks you both, then you have a very conducting body +skin. It has to do with water percentage in your body. Stay clear of storms cos you will be likely to be struck by lightening( just saying). If it shocks you but doesn't shock them, then I guess you have got a prob. Talk to a doc wink
PS: I have no idea what I was talking about wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by lwise(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
Your body resistance is 0.5ohms,consult your doctor.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by tunax5loon(m): 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
jamez3d: Your blood is ionized. Drink a lot of haemoglobin, and try again. If it still shocks you. Try this. Have somebody touch you while you touch a part that shocks you but doesn't shock them. If it shocks you both, then you have a very conducting body +skin. It has to do with water percentage in your body. Stay clear of storms cos you will be likely to be struck by lightening( just saying). If it shocks you but doesn't shock them, then I guess you have got a prob. Talk to a doc wink
PS: I have no idea what I was talking about wink grin

LWKD
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by wildguy(m): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
@Poster had the same thing before.mine was worse cuz I couldn't hold a pen without getting shocked. Blood tonic stopped it.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by bonna4u(m): 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
@ OP, you could just be the answer to our power problems. PHCN could actually use you to conduct electricity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
I think it has to do with free radicals in your body.... try and eat unripe pawpaw and get rid of the free radicals. you'll be fine
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by ochiaha1(m): 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
It might have to do with static electricity. Try reading up on the subject.Read this article, http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/static.html
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by TechRev: 4:57pm On Jun 26, 2012
wild guy: @Poster had the same thing before.mine was worse cuz I couldn't hold a pen without getting shocked. Blood tonic stopped it.

no blood
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by sapien(m): 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
@op,since you have electric current in your body,please,let me bring Farouk Lawani and Otedola, so you can electrocute them to death.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Jahcares(m): 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
lutherking1:

u get baaaaaaaaaaaad mouth o. lwkmd
na wa o
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by amiskurie(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
tonyx4x44: Genetic mutation like X-men I guess electric guy
Finally,our very own STEEL MAN...u jst need to be happy guy.I compare u to the brazilian magnetic boy.
...Plus I'm gonna dash u ma sister Mr STEEL
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Jahcares(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
It happened to me sometime ago but it has now stopped... How it got healed, I dont know.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by amiskurie(m): 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
wise_many2k: I think it has to do with free radicals in your body.... try and eat unripe pawpaw and get rid of the free radicals. you'll be fine
Too many doctors inhere,well I'm suggesting he add cocoa butter with indocide and all will be normal.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by adewasco2k(m): 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
wow...seriously....im having same problem...almost every electronics in the house gets me electrocuted, and if others touch it nothing, my mom have been so concern about his issue, lately i cant regulate the AC (window), touch the refrigerator and some times even the door undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
Lwkmd...chai...fiffle think say i don dey craze wt d way i dey laff...NL z nefa a dull place..my ribs ache..
@OP,wen was the last u yanshed?...not ol dis bend down select ashi...i suspect its excess unreleased sper.m..to get cured,try cossy orjiakor...if symptom persist afta 3days,then sharon stone z ur only hope...lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Caracta(f): 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
[b][/b]
bonna4u: @ OP, you could just be the answer to our power problems. PHCN could actually use you to conduct electricity.

LMAO!
@Poster, just see a doctor. And pls b careful of lightening. I don't want u 2 gan pa! How long hav u been experiencing ds?
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Caracta(f): 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
[quote author=adewasco2k]wow...seriously....im having same problem...almost every electronics in the house gets me electrocuted, and if others touch it nothing, my mom have been so concern about his issue, lately i cant regulate the AC (window), touch the refrigerator and some times even the door undecided undecided undecided

For real? I think u guys need 2 set up ELECTROCUTE ANONYMOUS! On a more serious note, pls see a doc.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Lovine: 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
It happens to me also just as this nairalander said. If I hold someone and touch anything electronic it will shock the person but me. But if the person touch them he will not feel anything. If I touch them it will shock me whether bare foot or not, why? I don't feel it is a problem but it started recently, sometime few years back I had the experience but it stopped, but supprised that recently I started experiencing it.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by sholatech(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
How on earth did this question turn into a comedy thread?Damn I've been laughing with my ribs partially cracked and my driver wondering if some great inflows don enter my account. I wonder if the poster can still sieve the solution from the gibes
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Watermelon(m): 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
Olboy, go an see ur doctor, a neurologist to be precise, it could be an early symptom of a disese
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by LeJeun3: 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
Emmyk: Almost every electronic equipment gimme a "ghrrrrrrrrr" effect whenever I touch a part of it that any other person touch with success. Ranging from Fridge,Stablizer,UPS,CPU. And ofcourse Laptop adaptor, I mean the tip dat is inserted into laptop, I touch it and I get shocked! The next second I call anyone else to touch it and they feel okay, not like they didnt breath when they touch it! Does this weird thing happen to someone else there?

Bro, seriously have you tried touching these electronics outside your house? Say maybe and a friends place or at work? Cos if its just in your own house you sure got an electrical problem.
However, if it still persists contact me, for links to d -Mercury Man-
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by kennethromanus: 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
grin@maleeq nawa 4 u o...abi u wnt make person die 4 u here. grin@maleeq nawa 4 u o...abi u wnt make person die 4 u here.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by ladyju(f): 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
Maybe it's because u have sweaty palms.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by gbadexy(m): 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
I understand what you mean. You would need to be earthed.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Koolking(m): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2012
ghrrrrr! Tht's serious. You could make a good transformer on my street. On a serious note, I think it's more of an intuitive response. It's possible
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Coldfaya(m): 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
Laff wan end my lyf......kai.....nairalanders, u guys got me screaming n laffing non stop. My ribsssss....lol.....lol...
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by maclatunji: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
Static Shock?
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
bonna4u: @ OP, you could just be the answer to our power problems. PHCN could actually use you to conduct electricity.
i swear na crazy peeps full NL! Laff don kill me die pata pata!
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by maclatunji: 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
OP, I am convinced it is static shock, read what you find in proper detail and follow the pieces of advice given in the link below.

tp://ask.metafilter.com/158464/Tired-of-getting-static-shocks

In addition use a quality moisturizing cream every day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant / Astronomers Now Agree Universe Is Nearly 14 Billion Years Old / Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.