Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? (16981 Views)

How To Easily Spot A Fake Galaxy S6 Smartphone / Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub / Why Birds Don't Get Electrocuted When They Climb Electric Cables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Emmyk(m): 7:45am On Jun 27, 2012
damibravo: @OP....exactly what use to happen to me.......The day ATM machine keypad shocked me was my worst one....
Who could be happenin?

atm machine?? Good Lawd! My own never reach that level oo..
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Emmyk(m): 7:57am On Jun 27, 2012
Rotflmao.. Hahahahahaahahah. Laugh wan electrocute me. Lol. Thanks for all ur comments they'r very well welcomed..
Yeah. I still got shocked outside home,the backs of CPU and UPS..
Maleeq, ah no have stepmother in Jesus name. Xfive, I dont drink alcohol!!!
I dont Bleach!!. But guys, is fear not a factor?
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Emmyk(m): 7:59am On Jun 27, 2012
Alien ke? Lol. I'm human o. *dont ask me how I know*
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by spendogram: 8:00am On Jun 27, 2012
Mehhhn ! This thtread is bleeping hilarious ! Thank God nobody is around. They would have suspected me of coloeing.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by whealthy(m): 8:03am On Jun 27, 2012
Your own better, na BB BA3 dey shock me. Loo
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 27, 2012
if u bite ur finger nails and they are always wet, u'll get little shocks from electric appliances cos like 80% of most buildings aren't earthed well or the earthing condition is deteriorated.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by LordReed(m): 8:50am On Jun 27, 2012
Emmyk: Almost every electronic equipment gimme a "ghrrrrrrrrr" effect whenever I touch a part of it that any other person touch with success. Ranging from Fridge,Stablizer,UPS,CPU. And ofcourse Laptop adaptor, I mean the tip dat is inserted into laptop, I touch it and I get shocked! The next second I call anyone else to touch it and they feel okay, not like they didnt breath when they touch it! Does this weird thing happen to someone else there?

You build up alot of static charges on your hand(s) probably from the fabric of the clothes you wear or the the materials you handle in your day to day. Also if you stay alot in aircon-ed environs your hands maybe getting dry and building up static charges when you use things like pens or even driving.

Rub more lotion on your hands to keep your hands moisturised and if you notice them going dry apply some more lotion that should lessen the static build up on your hands.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by tope33(m): 9:06am On Jun 27, 2012
you don't have a health problem as far as i know. you are probably suffering from static electricity build up in your body. Our bodies are made to accumulate and discharge electricity.
Static electricity shock seems to affect some people more than others, so i guess your case is one of the extreme ones.
Your shoes make a big difference: rubber shoes are insulators which allows static to build up. Leather shoes allow you to discharge static through the soles of your feet.
Avoid wearing synthetic materials wherever possible, especially nylon and acrylic - wear natural fibres such as cotton, wool and silk instead.
And another fact is that you have a low iron level in your blood, take some blood tonic, eat more meat, dont drag ur feet while you walk.
Good luck!
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by tope33(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2012
Movingcoil: if u bite ur finger nails and they are always wet, u'll get little shocks from electric appliances cos like 80% of most buildings aren't earthed well or the earthing condition is deteriorated.
You are right. One gets shocked especially those taps, but in his own case we are not sure if its only in his house or everywhere.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by GaussS: 9:38am On Jun 27, 2012
i remember watching a clip about someone with a disorder similar to yours, it turns out the guy had high iron in the blood
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by LeJeun3: 11:05am On Jun 27, 2012
Its in ur mind brother! Fear.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Chitos(f): 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
Movingcoil: if u bite ur finger nails and they are always wet, u'll get little shocks from electric appliances cos like 80% of most buildings aren't earthed well or the earthing condition is deteriorated.

Absolutely on point. I used to experience shock from electric appliances too but stopped when I implemented my Dr's advise ie, 'stop biting your finger nails + don't leave your palms wet'

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Colleoni: 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2012
laugh wan kee me for office oooo. seun pls move to joke section, just too funny
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by inspectorhans(m): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
this just a simple physics, you must be handling/touching most of this electronics cables with wet hands. there is nothing like a medical condition, don't follow blindly such kind of advice
smiley
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by a1solution: 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
its unfortunate that this important topic nobody can offer d poster a reasonable sugestion. well poster maybe you post the problem again some other time your helper may come then. before you part with ur money to any doctor make sur he explain d details of the problem to you so you wud not be rip off of ur hard currency. as for those mocking you just forgive them they dont know what dey are doing.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by biometrics: 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
Emmyk: Almost every electronic equipment gimme a "ghrrrrrrrrr" effect whenever I touch a part of it that any other person touch with success. Ranging from Fridge,Stablizer,UPS,CPU. And ofcourse Laptop adaptor, I mean the tip dat is inserted into laptop, I touch it and I get shocked! The next second I call anyone else to touch it and they feel okay, not like they didnt breath when they touch it! Does this weird thing happen to someone else there?

You don't have any problem. The fact remains that your body might be sensitive to what is happening around you. This happening to me around Febraury,2012, when i went to meet my inlaw i was in their guest room and i plugged my laptop. I was shocked. I felt it and I try again it shocked me and the kids were not shocked. They moved into the house in November, 2011, and nothing haapen to them.

I informed them both wife and husband they did not buy what i said but later on following month wife told me that it seems it was shocking. Since he did not shocked husband nothing was done. This month husband told me about 2weeks ago that he was shocked and he refuse to let his wife know about the incident but he had to call electrician that day to fix it - that was husband confession to me and i laughed.

Some years ago - 1992. I was a worker in rccg and i was assisting technician. I used to hold wires with teeth and hands nothing where happening to me then. I cant try it now because i dont know what happened that i was never shocked or electrified. May be i was working for God i was not into much sins. But mind you electric doesnt no saint.

There might be Earth affecting the neutral or live wire. I am not expert but i think you are okay and others will later be shocked. This thing happens once in a while. I hoped i was able to help.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by abombom(m): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
guy u a mutant. U've gat sum powers u are unable 2 kontrol.cum mak i lecture u.ur case is similar 2 myn. Ma own weneva i touch curentles bulb e dy lyt
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by sincere22k(m): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2012
you guys are still responding to an electrocuted man! the dead are unconscious for God sake!
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Emmyk(m): 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2012
sincere22k: you guys are still responding to an electrocuted man! the dead are unconscious for God sake!
you'r well-less, na u be dead man.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Emmyk(m): 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2012
Thanks Biometric nd everyone
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by davidrichard22(m): 4:07am On Jul 13, 2012
Please ma i need your help
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Wazzaowner(m): 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
Guy Connect Urself 2 Electri Current 4 lyk 2 to 3. Hours. So as To be Immuned Against Electricity...
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
sincere22k: Electrocuted? I think you should change the subject of this post if your still alive.
how did he manage to post if he was electrocuted, abi he posted frm yonder?
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Stepbystep: 11:13am On Apr 17, 2013
I get shock even with out any thing my phone sometime shock me, my dvd, tv, any tin dat has current shock me easy but dnt do to my broda n sista
CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHY?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by LordReed(m): 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Step by step: I get shock even with out any thing my phone sometime shock me, my dvd, tv, any tin dat has current shock me easy but dnt do to my broda n sista
CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHY?

You build up static charge on your hands/body. You probably have dry skin and you handle materials that increase static charge build up. Keep you hands and body moisturized and you won't have the shocks.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Emmyk(m): 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
Alright. Thanks man.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by raphealolami(m): 9:47pm On May 22, 2013
Maleeq: Lol...make i ask u dis question. No vex abeg, but u get stepmother? She fit don tie ur name put ontop transformer o! grin
Ahh!!! LOL u r damn funny. Anyway, I guess u are speaking from personal experiences.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by goody1shoe73(m): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
U wia electrocuted,and ur alive to tell d story? People sabi lie 4 me o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Astronomers Now Agree Universe Is Nearly 14 Billion Years Old / Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males / Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.