Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? (17086 Views)

How To Easily Spot A Fake Galaxy S6 Smartphone / Girl 24, Electrocuted While Pinging In The Bath Tub / Why Birds Don't Get Electrocuted When They Climb Electric Cables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by chrizfasa(m): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
try to see if u wear any rings and metal substance, if any try to remove and try it again. Very important try to remove ur mindset for shocking.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by toluxe0075: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
Is dis boy going crazy? Dat was d question my dad just asked my mother due to my thunderous laff just because of dis my hilarious nairalanders...i swear una wan scatter me wit laff...
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
ion imbalance in your fluid is a possibility but not a guarantee, reduce your salt in take, and take laxative. To remove physical doubts, have electricians check your earthing, I assume there is no earthing done though for that to occur.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by ibrokay(m): 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
It is due to static electricity. I also have the same problem.
Try to read about it online.
Our bodies conduct static electricity and it depends on individuals.
I dont think you have any problem. Try to change your footwear.
Avoid wearing footwear that is made from rubber or plastic.
Dont drag your feet on the ground when you are walking.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Azidogen2: 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
The problem is that in terms of genetics (inheritance of characteristics from one's parents), the guy's body has an electrical resistance far below that of the average human. "Resistance" is a term in electricity used to describe the ability of a thing or object (living thing or non living thing) to prevent or reduce the amount of electricity passing through it. Some human beings like a man in india have very high body "resistance" such that they can withstand very high electric voltages or currents far above that any normal or common human being can tolerate without getting killed. The problem with the person who started this thread as i had earlier stated, has a body resistance far below that of most "normal" humans. I would suggest to him to start taking lots of multivitamins as these can help him. But he should seek the help of a geneticist if there is anyone available and likely not a medical doctor as he will be not well versed but tell you to accept your fate like that. More later if am chanced.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Ekiti1: 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
Chei. U guys wan use Laughter scatter my belle
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by latbas(m): 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
lalaosky: Lwkmd...chai...fiffle think say i don dey craze wt d way i dey laff...NL z nefa a dull place..my ribs ache..
@OP,wen was the last u yanshed?...not ol dis bend down select ashi...i suspect its excess unreleased sper.m..to get cured,try cossy orjiakor...if symptom persist afta 3days,then sharon stone z ur only hope...lol
.roflamao
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by code9(m): 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
;Dplease look for electric fish - eel- and eat loads of em. it will increase your voltage level! it appears to me that u r serially connected to mother earth instead of the widely accepted parallel connection. please reverse your polarity now when e b say na 4.5v dc dey shock you. if 220v touch you eeh. .... ;Dplease look for electric fish - eel- and eat loads of em. it will increase your voltage level! it appears to me that u r serially connected to mother earth instead of the widely accepted parallel connection. please reverse your polarity now when e b say na 4.5v dc dey shock you. if 220v touch you eeh. ....
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by damibravo(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2012
@OP....exactly what use to happen to me.......The day ATM machine keypad shocked me was my worst one....
Who could be happenin?
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by 76Naira(m): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
@ poster......please ignore those who make a joke of this.
I understand what you are talking about as I experience the same.
I am also AA, O positive.
My case is related to static electricity and I had to buy a discharge wrist collar.
I am still sensitive to it due to my history but the actual effect is reduced.

Mine was so bad that once its dry, anyone I shake hands with receives a very mild shock.

You should also check your clothing and seating material as some combinations really generate significant charge build ups.
Ion imbalance can also elevate it.

Google up "managing static electricity shocks' and "blood ion imbalance" and read till you are tired.

Cheers bro
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by purpinkx(m): 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
Maleeq: Lol...make i ask u dis question. No vex abeg, but u get stepmother? She fit don tie ur name put ontop transformer o! grin
why always him grin
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by sincere22k(m): 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
Electrocuted? I think you should change the subject of this post if your still alive.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Dranatomy: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2012
MY BROTHER , THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WIT U....THE FACT REMAINS DAT UR BLOOD VOLUME, HEAMOGLOBIN AFFINITY AND CIRCULATION RATE IS EXTREMELY HIGH....ITS A SIGN OF GOOD LIVING.....TO AVOID THOSE ELECTRIC SHOCKS, ALWAYS HOLD UR BREATH TO INCREASE UR BLOOD'S CARBONDIOXIDE FOR A WHILE AND LATER START TO BREATH NORMAL, MAYBE AFTER 20 SECONDS...TRY TO BUILUD UP BODY FAT, DONT EXERCISE ON EXCESS, AVOID EXCESSIVE HEAMATINICS......AM AN ANATOMIST BY PROFESSION, MEET ME ON 2GO.CO.ZA FOR MORE INFO" Dranatomy"

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Afam4eva(m): 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
Trust Nairalanders. They'll make a joke out of everything.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by antsut(m): 9:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
life_style: You need to do some physical exercise, go to a stadium or any open space and run 100 meters 5 times or go get laid. undecided

You think getting laid will make him fit? Lol!
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by iykescream: 9:56pm On Jun 26, 2012
it amazes me the way nairalanders respond to people's issues as if the person came to nl to make a fool of himself.pls u must not respond to a thread if u have nothing constructive to contribute.may u nt xperience wat u mete out to other people
@poster u r not alone as i also have a similar xperience.mine is wit my decoder.it has shocked me so many times.also the little f-connector @ the tip of d cable often shocks me.last sat i xperiencd a shock,switched off @ d sockect,touched my decoder n got another shock.
It does nt have anything to do wit body cream as i do nt use any body cream,but i'm aware that i sweat a lot on my palms.as i'm typin this my palms r wet.i will also try taking blood tonic.
To all who made usefull cntributions ,thanks
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by uzoexcel(m): 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
na cunji...2 much cunji dey cause am
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by trisurface: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
There'snothing wrong with U that wearing dry slippers wont cure.
We respond to latent electricity differently.
U did not grow up in the North, U would have noticed this B4.
There are 4 people in my House. 2 get static electricity from our kitchen sink, 2 dont.
Its no Biggie.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
Are u a northerner? Have u ever taken expired Kunu or Zobo? Sorry for your experience. A doctor might help you.

See a neuroscientist or Neurosurgeon.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
trisurface: There'snothing wrong with U that wearing dry slippers wont cure.
We respond to latent electricity differently.
U did not grow up in the North, U would have noticed this B4.
There are 4 people in my House. 2 get static electricity from our kitchen sink, 2 dont.
Its no Biggie.

Oga, that of kitchen sink happens often in homes where you have a water heater and/or electric cooker. Some connection has been exposed or a house that has wrong wiring from the onset whereby any little wetness on the ground necesitates shock with kitchen sinks.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by sammirano: 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
@OP, tow things could be the cause, one the wiring in your house is having breach then when you touch some electronics as you have mentioned you get shocked, secondly from my study our body stores some electric in it especially our palm, which is why it is advised anytime you want to work on an electronics board you rub your hand on the floor in order not to damage the board and there are times our body is just vulnerable to the smallest electronics when you becomes acquainted with electronics you will understand when to handle electronics anyhow and when not. your list CPU, UPS these things normally do shock.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:08am On Jun 27, 2012
Emmyk: Lmao. For real!? I'm too healthy sef. My genotype is AA and O positive as my Blood Group.. Why dont I get sick then if its weak blood? The last time I had injection was in 2009 for typhoid...
consult a doctor jare,next
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by staggerman(m): 12:08am On Jun 27, 2012
@Poster, I can point out a few reasons why you receive electric shock

1. Your house is not properly earthed. If it was earthed, fake rods were probably used,or the ground where it was buried has poor conductivity (less fertile soil or dry ground, mostly found in dry regions). This can be rectified by re-earthing with original rods and increasing soil conductivity by pouring salt or charcoal before burying the rod.

2 You probably sweat often. Water is a good conductor of electricity, so also is salt. Sweat is salty. The presence of sweat in hands, palms and feet increases conductivity to a very high degree. This can be corrected by cleaning off sweat as often as possible, especially before touching potential electrical hazards.

3. You probably have high percentage of water in your body, due to frequent consumption of water.

4. You may be wearing metallic jewelries such as wrist watches, necklaces, earrings, rings or bracelets. Gold and Silver are good conductors of electricity.

Also try to use insulated hand gloves before touching electrical hazards. Use insulated rubber shoes as well.
STAY SAFE
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by steeving(m): 3:01am On Jun 27, 2012
not only yu bro,,.
Am also anoda victim........Wen I contacted my Doctor past years ago he told me ma skins were very sensitive dat I shld handle any electronics wit slippers on ma foot............
Till now it's still happening to me
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 4:53am On Jun 27, 2012
The advice u all are giving the poster is wrong! @OP, rubber is a good insulator against electricity so start eating foods that look like rubber. eg: Kpomo or round-about. Eat plenty of them everyday and thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 27, 2012
Are you sure you dont sweat on your palms a lot, because if you do, it contains salt and water - so i wont be surprised.
Some people even complain of ATMs shocking them. . .
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by crackhouse(m): 6:51am On Jun 27, 2012
Just go for a test cos u may be having too much virus in ur blood system.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by crackhouse(m): 6:55am On Jun 27, 2012
chrizfasa: try to see if u wear any rings and metal substance, if any try to remove and try it again. Very important try to remove ur mindset for shocking.
u must be a psychologist.
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 27, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: SIN.....dats the cause soon ur mattress will start shocking
laughing real hard. U are so wicked. So he shouldnt sleep again abi?
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 27, 2012
Emmyk: Almost every electronic equipment gimme a "ghrrrrrrrrr" effect whenever I touch a part of it that any other person touch with success. Ranging from Fridge,Stablizer,UPS,CPU. And ofcourse Laptop adaptor, I mean the tip dat is inserted into laptop, I touch it and I get shocked! The next second I call anyone else to touch it and they feel okay, not like they didnt breath when they touch it! Does this weird thing happen to someone else there?

maybe d salt level of ur body is above normal...
Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Afodot0022(m): 7:25am On Jun 27, 2012
hmmm. Dis person is getn shocked. Could we say nigeria had breaktru in their epileptic power supply cos ds dude could be d next I PASS MA NEIGHBOUR GENERATOR.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? by Depot(m): 7:45am On Jun 27, 2012
@Poster,check wheather d earth wire in d house's properly connected.because such case arises when its nt connected.Im an Electrical Engr.Watz ur location,i cn fix it or call any Elect. Engr around u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant / Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males / Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.