Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (967376 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by cuteid(f): 8:09am On Feb 06, 2015
good monin plz aw do i reset d connection settings i use etisalat.n i dnt mynd u givin me settins for other network also
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bolaji3071(m): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2015
obaayo2:
set swiftkey to default. dats all
Ave set it as default bt if I reboot my phone it will be disabled again
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by obaayo2: 8:30am On Feb 06, 2015
bolaji3071:
download titanium and make swifkey system app
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 9:00am On Feb 06, 2015
bolaji3071:
I just do it now, I av only SwiftKey now. Bt if I still reboot my phone it will be disabled, plus how do I make it permanent

How many other keyboards app do you have running on your device ? After shooting out with NoBloat, go into the options of backed up apps and remove it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bolaji3071(m): 9:53am On Feb 06, 2015
Lexusgs430:

How many other keyboards app do you have running on your device ? After shooting out with NoBloat, go into the options of backed up apps and remove it.
weneva I reboot my phone it is google voice typing dat will now be set as d default input method... Until I go now click on swiftkey again.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bolaji3071(m): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2015
obaayo2:
download titanium and make swifkey system app
was about NoBloat,
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On Feb 06, 2015
bolaji3071:
weneva I reboot my phone it is google voice typing dat will now be set as d default input method... Until I go now click on swiftkey again.

Go into Language and input and untick googles voice typing.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bolaji3071(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Go into Language and input and untick googles voice typing.
I just untick before rebooting it now again. Bt it was Google voice typing dat still came automatically, I had to untick it again and tick swiftkey. Or is dre a way I can delete d Google voice typing too
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 10:12am On Feb 06, 2015
bolaji3071:
I just untick before rebooting it now again. Bt it was Google voice typing dat still came automatically, I had to untick it again and tick swiftkey. Or is dre a way I can delete d Google voice typing too

Do you use Ok Google ? If you don't and assuming you are presently running kitkat, try the following steps -:

Turn off “Ok Google” in Google Experience Launcher

To achieve this, simply tap and hold on any launcher home screen, and then navigate to Settings. Next, hit Voice, and uncheck “Hotword detection”. This will turn off the Ok Google command in both the launcher as well as for Google Now. That’s kind of the only downside; you cannot turn it off for just the Launcher while maintaining functionality in Google Now – it has to be both or none.

Turn off Ok Google in just Google Now

This, you will need only if you don’t have the GEL(google experience launcher). Within Google Now, tap the microphone icon from the search bar, and from options, uncheck Hotword Detection. That’s pretty much it. You’ll notice that the microphone icon is ‘hollow’ now rather than having a fill. That’s a visual indicator that Ok Google is turned off. A similar change can be noticed in the Launcher search bar as well, should you have followed the earlier method.

Hopefully this should do it. If it does not, then google has included a wakelock in the kernel.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bolaji3071(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Do you use Ok Google ? If you don't and assuming you are presently running kitkat, try the following steps -:

Turn off “Ok Google” in Google Experience Launcher

To achieve this, simply tap and hold on any launcher home screen, and then navigate to Settings. Next, hit Voice, and uncheck “Hotword detection”. This will turn off the Ok Google command in both the launcher as well as for Google Now. That’s kind of the only downside; you cannot turn it off for just the Launcher while maintaining functionality in Google Now – it has to be both or none.

Turn off Ok Google in just Google Now

This, you will need only if you don’t have the GEL(google experience launcher). Within Google Now, tap the microphone icon from the search bar, and from options, uncheck Hotword Detection. That’s pretty much it. You’ll notice that the microphone icon is ‘hollow’ now rather than having a fill. That’s a visual indicator that Ok Google is turned off. A similar change can be noticed in the Launcher search bar as well, should you have followed the earlier method.

Hopefully this should do it. If it does not, then google has included a wakelock in the kernel.
OK thank you sir, am going to apply dis method asap.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tayoast(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2015
bolaji3071:
Ave rooted my phone, how do I uninstall default keyboard

D'you have titanium backup or root uninstaller? You can use either of those two to remove any stock app from your phone.

Download root uninstaller if you don't have it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by cuteid(f): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2015
Samtobh:

Are you sure the IMEI is showing on the phone?
If yes, then resetting the connection settings of the network with which you are browsing maybe necessary.
Plz aw do reset d conection settings?i use etisalat n plz i dnt mynd f u can give me d settings 4 other netwrk also.n again d fone s a panasonic fone.it kind of confusing do u no d code i can use n factry resetin t.thanks n adv
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dontripsy(m): 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2015
PLS I NEED A DETAILED TUTORIAL ON HOW TO ROOT MY HTC ONE V.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zexzy(f): 4:32pm On Feb 06, 2015
Samtobh:

Leave play store please, just search on Google site,
e.g ''root explorer apk free download''
pls i ve downloaded and installed it but its not opening it keeps saying root explorer has not gained root access because of issues with superuser, close and reopen.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zexzy(f): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
Samtobh:

Leave play store please, just search on Google site,
e.g ''root explorer apk free download''
pls i ve downloaded and installed it but its not opening, it says root explorer cannot gain root access because of issues with superuser, close and reopen d app.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by obaayo2: 5:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
zexzy:

pls i ve downloaded and installed it but its not opening it keeps saying root explorer has not gained root access because of issues with superuser, close and reopen.
ur fone is not rooted..dats why it didn't work..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by JustCare: 6:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
hello! a friend's phone got damaged-the screen and the glass broke, I wish to know the cost of repairing it especially is computer village. phone spec: Techno H6

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dontripsy(m): 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
Dontripsy:
Dontripsy:
Dontripsy:
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by adeinfinit(m): 9:12am On Feb 07, 2015
Good morning all..my play store has been acting up for some days..sometimes it says 'google play store has stopped' nd sometimes 'connection timed out.try again'....av tried so many methods i saw on google including a factory reset..still no success...any suggestions pls?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 9:43am On Feb 07, 2015
adeinfinit:
Good morning all..my play store has been acting up for some days..sometimes it says 'google play store has stopped' nd sometimes 'connection timed out.try again'....av tried so many methods i saw on google including a factory reset..still no success...any suggestions pls?

Did you ever play around with freedom app?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by adeinfinit(m): 10:45am On Feb 07, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Did you ever play around with freedom app?
I dont av the app on my fone..do i need to install it?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 10:51am On Feb 07, 2015
adeinfinit:

I dont av the app on my fone..do i need to install it?

Nope. The app messes up with Googleplay. Did you buy the phone new or used?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by adeinfinit(m): 12:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Nope. The app messes up with Googleplay. Did you buy the phone new or used?

Bought it used. its a china brand UMI C1...the google play store was working initially when i bought it...it just started all of a sudden
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Jerry24kay(m): 2:51pm On Feb 07, 2015
I got this phone as a gift lastweek
Verizon Tab 2.
7" android 4.0.4 ..8GB internal memory
But the RAM is 306.63MB ..absolutely poor

Pls I need ur help guys ..I want to increase the RAM .. Its so slow ..and freezes @ will

I tried downloading some free apps but useless
I tried RAM expander but its saying license blah blah..
Pls help me with the Raw file (working) RAM EXPander

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
bolaji3071:

I don't know if your issue has been resolved yet but I can't help wondering, is swiftkey installed on your internal memory or sdcard? if on sdcard make sure you move it to internal memory
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zexzy(f): 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
obaayo2:
ur fone is not rooted..dats why it didn't work..
But I installed framaroot and it put superuser in my apps. pls how do i uninstall superuser and root it my phone( tecno F7)
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Tobilastik(m): 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
pls.... who can just volunteer to put me through this MTN BIS CHEAT.... VE rooted my phone nd ve downloaded open VPN.....pls what else

help a brother...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by answerspls: 6:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
pls I'm unable to check or send mail with my phone. pls coach me on how to do it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2015
answerspls:
pls I'm unable to check or send mail with my phone. pls coach me on how to do it

Have you setup your email account(s) on your phone?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by obaayo2: 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2015
zexzy:

But I installed framaroot and it put superuser in my apps. pls how do i uninstall superuser and root it my phone( tecno F7)

download kingroot,,on ur data,launch the app,den click on the green circle,wait till its done
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by francizy(m): 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
Hello, please help. My Tecno p9 has been having issues. As at last year up till today the problem only gets worse whenever am charging with the tecno charger that came with the pad, when I use whatsapp and when am using a browser. This is wat I experience, sometimes, my phone doesn't respond to clicks, other times, it clicks itself and the buttons clicked on mostly are back, home, minimize and option buttons. I've restored my pad twice, I've tried various antivirus, I deleted numerous apps, I've changed charger, etc. Now the problems as worsened and I can't use the pad since it doesn't respond but rather clicks itself.

I also have some outdated apps on the pad that google play always request that I update them. Does this in anyway contribute to the problems am facing now?

please help me with info on how to solve this problem. Thank you

obaayo2:
[/quote]

Samtobh post=30448458:

tayoast:

[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=30475846]

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.