Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (969554 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Chydeenma(f): 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hello guys! Please I need to get a good android phone with a budget of N30,000. Someone suggested Lenovo vibe P1m but I don't know if I should go with that. Help please....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by youngelder(m): 11:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
pls.. who can help me with the settings for the bblited SS (version 4)... abeg...abeg
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Raphoeworld: 4:29am On Feb 18, 2016
Danish security firm Heimdal has discovered a particularly spiteful new piece of malicious software that can gain admin rights to a device and wreak subsequent havoc.

The Mazar malware has found with the capacity to obtained admin rights and takes full advantage of whatever it can infiltrate. It spread via SMS, make calls, read texts and delete the contents of an entire Android smartphone or tablet without warning. As at now, it is believe to be found only in Denmark, as the effect outside has yet to be established.

Mazar can have access mainly to devices where users have permitted untrusted app installations via Settings. So, if you have not allow this on your device then your device is safe from contacting the bug.

Interestingly, the malware cannot be installed on any device with Russian as its selected as its language and it has only be tested on Android 4.4 KitKat, so it's unknown whether Lollipop or the latest Marshmallow are susceptible.

http://www.panstech.com/2016/02/new-android-malware-that-steal-personal-data-discovered.html
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by IKON360(m): 11:02am On Feb 18, 2016
My friend's infinix hot 2 doesn't respond to app lockers, from vault to applock to c locker and numerous others and I've installed security plug in but to no avail. Please any help will be appreciated...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by kings11ng(m): 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
Chydeenma:
Hello guys! Please I need to get a good android phone with a budget of N30,000. Someone suggested Lenovo vibe P1m but I don't know if I should go with that. Help please....
buy wiko slide 2 from konga.. thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
prettytasha:
Hey guys am having an issue with my infinix hot 2 ... I can't pull down notification bar at d top screen or access my gallery or songs ....pls help out its says an error encountered on USB storage when I open the music player

Either the touch of that area has stopped responding cos of excess pressure exerted on it or Ur phone needs flashing
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
Aphex:
Hi guys, some times when I'm doing anything with my infinix hot note x551 ,A white screen appears with the loading circle and it is text with "launcher loading". After sometime, the white screen goes away and a new app starts downloading on it's own. It's really annoying. Pls, any solutions? I've tried factory reset, didn't work. I've used different launchers, same problem.

Flash the Phone
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
toluh:
Please i need help, don't know where to post this.
I got a samsung S6 at the Samsung Experience Centre at Portharcourt mall on the 26th of October 2015,the phone is 64G. in November the phone went off and never came on, so i took it back to their office, they sent the phone to Lagos. from November till date its been one story to another. Their customer care people stopped picking my calls, their twitter handle keeps telling me i will get my phone soon. i am tired of waiting.
Please i need advice on what to do, what is it am doing wrong please.

Lagos is Ur best option of getting it back
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
50emeka:
Pls can somebody help me on how to root infinix hot 2

Use kingroot
Make sure u have good internet connection for it to work
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
JohnieWalker:
I did glo bis on my tecno and initially I could see H and H+ but now when I turn on 3g it doesnt come up except i turn off 3g before i can browse....dunno if i tampered with the mtk engineering network selecting part ..pls help o

Change Ur Imei again
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
tightabbey:
Hi guys, keep up with the good work. My Samsung Mobile Phone S4 won't update. I mean the software update . Tells me up to date. I'm currently on kitkat, I seriously want to be on the lollipop please . And also please , I use a blackberry plan(BBLITEM to 21600) to connect my psi phone, it used to elapse the one month , but these days it takes just a week to stop . Even BBM doesn't connect when it stops. Please guys ,what's the possible solutions? Thanks

Seems like u rooted the phone
Rooted phones don't receive OTA updates
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by neomatrix1027(m): 8:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
neomatrix1027:
Please I need a stock or custom rom for huawei ascend y200d (U8661) not SONIC+ variant. I only found SONIC+ variant rom online.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by danielous(m): 12:39am On Feb 19, 2016
Hello guys,. Can u pls help me out on how to screenshot on my tecno h6.. .. Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by PenAndPaper: 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hi guys,
I use a Samsung Galaxy grand prime. Due to the one gig ram, its a little slow.

I noticed a week ago that it has this serious lag and I have to tap a couple of times before I get a response.

The numbers section of my keypad also doesn't function well anymore.

Please what can I do to fix this?

Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tightabbey(m): 1:43am On Feb 20, 2016
How would I know if it's rooted please? Plus I taught they said Samsung s4 don't get rooted? Anyways , what can I do to get a lollipop.download pls Thanks
bobo65:

Seems like u rooted the phone
Rooted phones don't receive OTA updates
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 2:09am On Feb 20, 2016
tightabbey:
How would I know if it's rooted please? Plus I taught they said Samsung s4 don't get rooted? Anyways , what can I do to get a lollipop.download pls Thanks

Download an app from playstore called root check,to check root status. If rooted,either unroot and update to lollypop or use custom roms.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 5:03am On Feb 20, 2016
tightabbey:

Goto play store and download an app called "root checker"
Install it, and use it to check, if u ain't rooted then that means Ur version of s4 isn't qualified

Lemme know Ur results when u done
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 5:05am On Feb 20, 2016
PenAndPaper:
Hi guys,
I use a Samsung Galaxy grand prime. Due to the one gig ram, its a little slow.

I noticed a week ago that it has this serious lag and I have to tap a couple of times before I get a response.

The numbers section of my keypad also doesn't function well anymore.

Please what can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

I gb ram phone aint that slow, first find out if Ur phone is original not a clone by downloading an app called "original Samsung" from playstore
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by PenAndPaper: 7:27am On Feb 20, 2016
bobo65:

I gb ram phone aint that slow, first find out if Ur phone is original not a clone by downloading an app called "original Samsung" from playstore

Thanks for taking your time to answer me. The phone is original and I have been using it for about a year+ before I noticed this problem.

It isn't that slow just that it hangs a lot and I have to hold on for some seconds to get it to respond.

The numeric keypad is also non functional sometimes.

Thanks once again
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 10:29am On Feb 20, 2016
PenAndPaper:

Thanks for taking your time to answer me. The phone is original and I have been using it for about a year+ before I noticed this problem.

It isn't that slow just that it hangs a lot and I have to hold on for some seconds to get it to respond.

The numeric keypad is also non functional sometimes.

Thanks once again

Well heavy applications like Facebook, messenger, badoo, ucweb etc eat up ram of devices

Best solution is to root Ur phone and use lucky patcher to move most of Ur heavy apps to Ur external memory card

U can also delete all those useless follow come Samsung apps
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tightabbey(m): 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
Thanks for your time bro. Sorry which of these root checkers works well. Thanks
bobo65:

Goto play store and download an app called "root checker"
Install it, and use it to check, if u ain't rooted then that means Ur version of s4 isn't qualified

Lemme know Ur results when u done

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tightabbey(m): 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
Later downloaded one and got these results.
tightabbey:

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tightabbey(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
Yes
bobo65:

U do d 1k sub?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
tightabbey:

I use d first
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
tightabbey:
Later downloaded one and got these results.

Ur phone is rooted
U can't get any ota update

If u want that, u can go and download the stock firmware from sammobile and flash it via Odin or go for custom ROM

Xda has dozens of super cute lollipop and marshmallow ROMs for s4 , just Google "s4 lollipop rom xda" then enter the site and look for the ROM that fits Ur particular model
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Henovy: 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
Please help me out of this mess. I just formated my Samsung GT-S5300 and now when switched on, the following appears: ''Welcome to GT-S5300. Touch the android to begin.'' Thereafter, this error message: ''process.com.android.phone stopped unexpectedly. Try again.'' There is yet another one which says: use #9900# to take log. The phone cannot proceed further after powering on. I'm in a fix!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Baroba(m): 2:43am On Feb 21, 2016
Henovy:
Please help me out of this mess. I just formated my Samsung GT-S5300 and now when switched on, the following appears: ''Welcome to GT-S5300. Touch the android to begin.'' Thereafter, this error message: ''process.com.android.phone stopped unexpectedly. Try again.'' There is yet another one which says: use #9900# to take log. The phone cannot proceed further after powering on. I'm in a fix!

Boot into recovery, How to, Press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key.
To navigate through the menu options, you use the Volume up and Volume down keys.

Wipe Cache and reboot.. Give it a go.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Henovy: 6:45am On Feb 21, 2016
Baroba:

Boot into recovery, How to, Press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key.
To navigate through the menu options, you use the Volume up and Volume down keys.

Thanks bro. I'll give it a try and get back to you.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tightabbey(m): 10:34am On Feb 21, 2016
Couldn't get the custom ROM, should I download this ? And how do I unroot and all please. Explain to a novice . Thanks
bobo65:

Ur phone is rooted
U can't get any ota update

If u want that, u can go and download the stock firmware from sammobile and flash it via Odin or go for custom ROM

Xda has dozens of super cute lollipop and marshmallow ROMs for s4 , just Google "s4 lollipop rom xda" then enter the site and look for the ROM that fits Ur particular model

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by vakinola1(m): 11:39am On Feb 21, 2016
IKON360:
My friend's infinix hot 2 doesn't respond to app lockers, from vault to applock to c locker and numerous others and I've installed security plug in but to no avail. Please any help will be appreciated...

hmmmmm ...... some of those apps asks for accessibility controls check that .,...... and if you're using marshmallows ,..... my bro what does he need an applocker for
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Henovy: 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
Baroba:

Thanks for that tip. I did it, rebooted and the welcome screen still reads Welcome to Samsung GT-S5300. Then you are requested to tap the android logo to begin. Funny enough the process of booting to recovery does not work again. Could it be a problem with the volume key? It seems to fail or what else can I do. I'm in a fix!

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.