Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (969979 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:52am On Jan 09, 2013
Thanks for the info about the S3 mini. @ 4llerbuntu, ordered it and had it delivered to a friend of mine living in Boston who was coming back for Christmas. Make sure you check the number of customer satisfaction not the cost; some people have observed wifi issues with some units.

the MK808 recognized a PC game pad I plugged into it and it works but I can't seem make it work in the games.I downloaded a modified generic.kl but it still doesn't work. Found out an XBOX360 controller can work on it but can't find a wireless receiver for XBOX 360 controller here.

Oh yeah, I've tried game keypad apk on it but has issues.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:55am On Jan 09, 2013
I have received the logitech k400 wireless keyboard for the other MK808 I ordered, don't know when the unit will arrive
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
@raynold. get a bluetooth gamepad and use sixaxis to pair and map keys.

is the PS controller not bluetooth? not sure sha.

PC gamepads im not exactly sure whats going on with them, but on ICS and JB that iv tried them, they get detected, but dont work in games. its either the games have to support them or u have to map them someway.

anyway, i have always had Android on PC iso's i think i should update to the newest one sef.

im sure u know there are projects to run android on a PC? or even A FLASH DRIVE

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Here-is-how-to-install-Android-on-your-PC_id36990

http://www.android-x86.org/

i think i will buy a new hard drive and install it on my HTPC. i have only ever tried it on VirtualBox and it works just fine. my PC should pack more punch compared with the little stick u have there man grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

just get the smallest desktop pc (not tower) u can get to buy and dump it under ur tv. HTPC (XBMC and and other thing that catches ur fancy don land be that.

but seriously, android on anything other than a phone does not do anything. its a hobbyist thing honestly. the interface sef is designed for touch. a mouse works but......
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
I have used Android on PC before; on a live CD and bluestacks. The main reason I got it was for online videos and streaming like YouTube, imediashare, TV stream and worldnewslive24. Think of the best live wallpaper, then think of the best live wallpaper on a BIG TV. Also noticed that all pictures look like HD photos using it ( you need to see Droidiris on it). Also, you don't depend on battery because the TV powers it. Skype works but don't have a wireless camera. Will not stop searching until I get street fighter 4 working on it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold17(m): 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
help with airtel bis instructions
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 10, 2013
finally Xperia z released a worthy flagship after they've been backslided for most of the time. water resistant ish, quad core krait and the rest...

but why use their led backlit display on a 5 inch phone? display is already washed out on sony phones I've seen even ppi doesn't cover it undecided

I'll still see the phone but I can bet its gonna be the same unimpressive viewing angles?

didn't they see the ips on one x or even the less subtle on optimus g? note 2 display is even better than led backlit. wouldn't say anything about the s3 undecided

overall, its impressive but I won't settle for less if jumping ship this year
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 10, 2013
pls peeps,what does it mean to root an android?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by SAFO(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
Rudebwoy: pls peeps,what does it mean to root an android?

Root is just another word for superuser/admin access.

Joey & 4llerbuntu, it's good to see you guys always holding down the android fort. Hopefully one day we can get this thread stickied up top
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
Evening buddies, pls i need to upgrade my Samsung GS3 from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean but i don't know what to do.. Pls i need your help.. Step by step procedures would be appreciated. thanks in advance
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 11:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
Rudebwoy: pls peeps,what does it mean to root an android?

Six months ago, I was asking this same question.
Well, ĺit gives you complete access of the phone, able to install great applications, and also to customize the phone to any way the suite you.
My opinion, android without rooting is underutilized.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
3kay945:

Six months ago, I was asking this same question.
Well, ĺit gives you complete access of the phone, able to install great applications, and also to customize the phone to any way the suite you.
My opinion, android without rooting is underutilized.

6 months after that you rooted your android. Can you pls give us the step by step procedures to root a Samsung Galaxy S3. Thanks in advance.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 11:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
ollah1:

6 months after that you rooted your android. Can you pls give us the step by step procedures to root a Samsung Galaxy S3. Thanks in advance.

Nope! I rooted it 3 months after, having done excessive reading from xda developer forum and Sony forum cos I use Xperia. so I may not be able to help concerning Samsung.
Different phones have different methods and software for rooting them. I only have the one for my phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 1:34am On Jan 11, 2013
ollah1:

check the xda forums http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957273
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by coruso(m): 8:13am On Jan 11, 2013
[quote author=Amen Joan] smiley
plssssssss sent it for me brownbrownson @gmail.com thks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by coruso(m): 8:22am On Jan 11, 2013
Leopantro: well nobody is disturbing me about the free bis stuff so I can finally focus on other exploits.

one more week before I get my android MK808. watch the video on YouTube
pls send it for me brownbrownson@gmail.com
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by coruso(m): 8:39am On Jan 11, 2013
mhozzis: Thanks 4ller for your time. The device is recognized by kies, and even Odin too (only when the device is on though), the drivers are instslled on my pc (I do transfer files between the device and my pc).
I'm also rooted, I have superuser, tatinium backup and rom manager all installed.
The kernel info:
2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF1-CL265340 root@DELL106#2
Baseband version:
I1900XXKE7
Build number:
GINGERBREAD.XWKF1
pls is this galaxy y pro, pls send me the step by step guide to root mine too brownbrownson@gmail.com thks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lovexme(m): 10:42am On Jan 11, 2013
Got a Sony Xperia X8, but it's locked to a network in France. Anyone wana help in unlocking it? I'd be most grateful.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by wolfenstein(m): 11:35am On Jan 11, 2013
Lovexme: Hey Android experts. Got a Sony Xperia X8, but it's locked to a network in France. Anyone wana help in unlocking it? I'd be most grateful.

Lock to which network
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lovexme(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2013
wolfenstein:

Lock to which network

Orange
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
seriously please don't do that again.
i mean the "android experts" line.

its corny, offensive, annoying and crass. totally distasteful.

that said there are no free unlock tools for Sony Ericsson phones. neither can u use a hex editor to calculate it.

your best bet is to either go see a technician who can unlock for a fee, or buy the unlock code online

the following sites do that for a fee
http://www.wotanserver.com
http://www.fastgsm.com
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by efewhoa: 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
Does anyone here use the samsung Galaxy S Duos? Would u advice me to get it, saw it at slot and it cous 43,900.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lovexme(m): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
4llerbuntu: seriously please don't do that again.
i mean the "android experts" line.

its corny, offensive, annoying and crass. totally distasteful.

that said there are no free unlock tools for Sony Ericsson phones. neither can u use a hex editor to calculate it.

your best bet is to either go see a technician who can unlock for a fee, or buy the unlock code online

the following sites do that for a fee
http://www.wotanserver.com
http://www.fastgsm.com

Sorry you viewed it that way. Modified now though.
Thanks for d tips
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
efewhoa: Does anyone here use the samsung Galaxy S Duos? Would u advice me to get it, saw it at slot and it cous 43,900.

if u have 40-50k to spend on a phone, you most definitely can do better than that phone.

especially if you don't have any qualms about a refurb. heck u will get a refurb S2 for that sum.

i can't recommend any phone to you. i only know those phones iv used first hand, and can only recommend those ones.
and i also don't know about phone prices.

but as a rule of thumb, i suggest u narrow your search to a phone that has at least 1GB RAM and was released late 2011 onwards. and increase ur budget to 50k.
anything less than that and u will prolly hate your phone in 3 months. 1 year is a long time in mobile tech nowadays, 2011 phones r already outdated.......
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold17(m): 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
4llerbuntu:

if u have 40-50k to spend on a phone, you most definitely can do better than that phone.

especially if you don't have any qualms about a refurb. heck u will get a refurb S2 for that sum.

i can't recommend any phone to you. i only know those phones iv used first hand, and can only recommend those ones.

but as a rule of thumb, i suggest u narrow your search to a phone that has at least 1GB RAM and was released late 2011 onwards. and increase ur budget to 50k.
anything less than that and u will prolly hate your phone in 3 months. 1 year is a long time in mobile tech nowadays, 2011 phones r already outdated.......
need your help please how do I get the non paid version of RAM-EXPANDER
(SWAP)
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
what do u mean by non-paid version?

u want the free version of the app, or u want the paid app for free?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by efewhoa: 1:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Thanks a lot. Is there any samsung phone you'd suggest I get that is between the 40-50k price range? That has the 1g ram? I'd go for the s2 but its about 73k and I don't want to get a refurb one.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
raynold17 :
need your help please how do I get the non paid version of RAM-EXPANDER
(SWAP)

http://uploaded.net/file/h0rxjg7f/res1.82.CyberDevilz.zip

u require a way to prevent it from verifying license.

dunno sha. u may try lucky patcher. but i doubt....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold17(m): 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
4llerbuntu:

http://uploaded.net/file/h0rxjg7f/res1.82.CyberDevilz.zip

u require a way to prevent it from verifying license.

dunno sha. u may try lucky patcher. but i doubt....
is it d same thing with cyberdevil

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.