Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,608 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:37 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (994166 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 10:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
mhozzis: 4ller, help me o. i upgraded my galaxy s2 from GB to CM9 SUCCESFULLY after backin up my stock rom. a week after i decided to restore d stock rom. i enter cwm recoverry and clicked on backup/restore and den advance restore. it brought options to restore data, cache, system. i restored d system and wen it said successful it asked me to reboot. i did a reboot and after d samsung screen it does not show d splash s logo d screen just goes dark.

pls help o

I think you can only restore custom ROm through cwm and not stock.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:37am On Jan 16, 2013
i want to buy an app from the play store. is it possible to pay for it in naira like the samsung app does? or is there any other way to buy it? i don't want to go through the hassles of a credit card right now.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Toroze(m): 8:13am On Jan 16, 2013
Okay for those who can't get the mk808 I think there's a nigerian company that has done sumthn similar thats pliris mobile but not sure will check it out
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2013
3kay945:

I think you can only restore custom ROm through cwm and not stock.

thats not accurate. u can restore a stock rom withCWM if you backed it up with CWM.

what he tried to do was to restore only the system partition and leave all other partitions made by CyanpgenMod.

stock roms and cyanogenmod are light years apart. moreover his stock ROM is odexed and CM can never ever be odexed.

in fact its simply not kosher.

if u want to restore any rom, wipe the old Rom thoroughly and then do a full restore.

if u want to do a partial restore, u can do that if u want to restore the SAME rom you are running at that time.

e.g u running CM10, u have a corrupted system partition or some stuff is misbehaving. you can do advanced restore of just the system partition. (that way u keep your setting)
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 8:37am On Jan 16, 2013
Leopantro: i want to buy an app from the play store. is it possible to pay for it in naira like the samsung app does? or is there any other way to buy it? i don't want to go through the hassles of a credit card right now.

Link your debit card with Google Wallet.......the rest is piece of cake.
Just make sure the card you are linking had been activated for online transactions.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Toroze(m): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2013
As regards to ma last post its called pliris smart tv made by nigerians 4 nigerians you can google it and check out their site
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:27am On Jan 16, 2013
@puskin, thanks. just did it and bought my first app
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 16, 2013
Samsung don dey mad oooo angry
which one be exynos octa? undecided dem dey vex sad
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 9:48am On Jan 16, 2013
Leopantro: @puskin, thanks. just did it and bought my first app

Your welcome......so you can now proceed to buy the whole apps in Google store. grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:59am On Jan 16, 2013
what did u use as postcoode for googleplay?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold17(m): 10:07am On Jan 16, 2013
Leopantro: @puskin, thanks. just did it and bought my first app
how did u do it..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 10:15am On Jan 16, 2013
ah ah.....dis one everyone is asking now. Does it mean na only dabo things una specialize in?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold17(m): 10:17am On Jan 16, 2013
puskin: ah ah.....dis one everyone is asking now. Does it mean na only dabo things una specialize in?? grin grin grin grin
lol help abeg how do I get it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:19am On Jan 16, 2013
no.

i added a GTB card about a year ago. i have since changed my account. i want to use a zenith car
d which is activated for online transactions, but i cannot remember what the postcode is. i tried what i think iv used earlier but its not accepting that.

if u want to add a card just try to buy any application, it will prompt u to add a card
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold17(m): 10:21am On Jan 16, 2013
please I want a trusted site I can order phones from us or uk mainly
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 10:22am On Jan 16, 2013
4llerbuntu: what did u use as postcoode for googleplay?

U wey dey lag.....urs is 23401

raynold17 :
lol help abeg how do I get it

Guy, dis thing ain't rocket science. Link your debit card to Google wallet, then you can use it to purchase apps from Google store. You only need to do this once.
Just make sure your card is enabled for online transaction.

eg Just try to purchase an app, the google wallet page should appear prompting you to register/link your card.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold17(m): 10:33am On Jan 16, 2013
puskin:

U wey dey lag.....urs is 23401

Guy, dis thing ain't rocket science. Link your debit card to Google wallet, then you can use it to purchase apps from Google store. You only need to do this once.
Just make sure your card is enabled for online transaction.

eg Just try to purchase an app, the google wallet page should appear prompting you to register/link your card.

done...now please I need good online purchase site
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2013
23401 no dey work o.

but i solved it sha. i just left the box blank grin and it accepted it.

AAANNNDDD. zenith bank promptly debited my 158 naira for a purchase i did NOT make. i never confirmed the purchase or downloaded the app o, dem don remove money. THIEVES
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mrfoxx(m): 11:19am On Jan 16, 2013
please guys i need your help...
does the new 2go version work for unrooted andriod phone?
i tried downloading it after which i cant open it...

i use LG mytouch

secondly how do i purchase an app fom google play with my access bank visa card

thanks in anticipation
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
4llerbuntu: 23401 no dey work o.

but i solved it sha. i just left the box blank grin and it accepted it.

AAANNNDDD. zenith bank promptly debited my 158 naira for a purchase i did NOT make. i never confirmed the purchase or downloaded the app o, dem don remove money. THIEVES

Ehnnn.....You enter fire from frying pan. I wonder why U abandoned the GTB card.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Rizchi: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
Where can i post adverts on things i want to sell? Like d mk808
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
Rizchi: Where can i post adverts on things i want to sell? Like d mk808

https://www.nairaland.com/techmarket
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 8:05am On Jan 17, 2013
Postcode is usually related to the area on your billing address
You can easily find it from NIPOST web page
@4ller
Welcome to the club . . . Sometimes these transactions can just go haywire ... Happened to me a couple of times
Just be sure if what you want to buy cos if you are looking for a refund; hmmm trust naija banks with itchy fingers
Lol
But guy you for chill with GTB na grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
The main reason I linked my debit card to the play store was to buy Droidmote server for my MK808. Installed and its beautiful. My two Android phones now act as remotes for the TV. Can pay angrybird and fruit ninja. Currently working on need for speed most wanted and street fighter 4.
By the way, don't bother downloading Droidmote from anywhere to try, it wouldn't work.you must purchase it from the play store
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
Guys which one should i go for
Galaxy s1 gt9000
or
Htc my touch 4g
i understand that both devices are old
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
Brainrex: Guys which one should i go for
Galaxy s1 gt9000
or
Htc my touch 4g
i understand that both devices are old

just get to add up more bars nd go straight for sII
(nuffin less than 1gig ram))
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
DAvIt0:

just get to add up more bars nd go straight for sII
(nuffin less than 1gig ram))
wrong answer
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
Brainrex:
wrong answer

yea!!! buh na true i tell you so nah
btw if its not touchwiz UI forget it #Samsung yeaaaayyy
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
4llerbuntu:

thats not accurate. u can restore a stock rom withCWM if you backed it up with CWM.

what he tried to do was to restore only the system partition and leave all other partitions made by CyanpgenMod.

stock roms and cyanogenmod are light years apart. moreover his stock ROM is odexed and CM can never ever be odexed.

in fact its simply not kosher.

if u want to restore any rom, wipe the old Rom thoroughly and then do a full restore.

if u want to do a partial restore, u can do that if u want to restore the SAME rom you are running at that time.

e.g u running CM10, u have a corrupted system partition or some stuff is misbehaving. you can do advanced restore of just the system partition. (that way u keep your setting)

Good to hear, thanks for the enlightenment. but, is this possible for all phones.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
DAvIt0:

yea!!! buh na true i tell you so nah
btw if its not touchwiz UI forget it #Samsung yeaaaayyy
u dont knw wat u re saying htc sensation has 768 mb..use sultan kernel and u will get super perfomance..plus sense ui is d best android mod aou there..dats their selling point bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.