Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey (13078 Views)

Poll: Is Nigeria a FAILED STATE??

Yes: 53% (103 votes)
No: 28% (54 votes)
Undecided: 3% (6 votes)
Can't be arsed: 0% (1 vote)
Somewhere in between: 14% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Save Our Souls Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomole / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Ortis: 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2012
Is tis nt dat same fool dat cald GEJ names.....Sm1 suld pls shut dis fool up 4 me....culdnt he mind his undeveloped ghananian buisness
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Dujardin(m): 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
That Ghana is better managed than urs n GEJ's Nigeria, Gbam!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Gbawe: 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
Demdem: The prof is right.

My brother, Ayittey is only right with his take on our acute leadership problem. he is however flatly wrong to indicate our entrepreneurship, drive, vivacity, dynamism and talent is now gone and replaced with a 'broken spirit'. That is a lie even his country dispels emphatically. There, I think he takes a 'diversion' , pandering to sentiments rather than facts, to sooth a personal complex.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tevinsolt: 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2012
i don't even know what they're boasting in......hypocrites they complain about the gov. but when an outsider does all hell break loose smh
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tevinsolt: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, Ayittey is only right with his take on our acute leadership problem. he is however flatly wrong to indicate our entrepreneurship, drive, vivacity, dynamism and talent is now gone and replaced with a 'broken spirit'. That is a lie even his country dispels emphatically. There, I think he takes a 'diversion' , pandering to sentiments rather than facts, to sooth a personal complex.

why do you think our economy is mostly depended on oil because Nigerians are of broken spirit go figure mehn. where is the agriculture the country started off with?
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by hacklilc: 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2012
Dee60: Nairaland - Your forum seems to have been bombarded by government agents and apologists. What has the Ghanaian professor said that is wrong? There is too much despair in Nigeria today, north, south, east and west. The only cheerers are the rent seekers around Abuja who have become billionaires in 1 year of GEJ's rule (misrule)! BH itself is a product of that misrule. Now GEJ has fired the hardworking NSA. Let us see what the new person will do> Same way he fired Farida and Ribadu and sent EFCC into coma!

The professor is correct in his assessment. It isnt only Nigerians that are tired. GEJ himself looks tired and seems to find relief in constant trips outside Nigeria.

My beloved sensible Nigerian. What the Prof said was right and I see no reason why some blind nigerians are insulting him. I think we should all join Effort and do what he asked us to do by Removing this unsound man called President out of office. We need better Leader!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by jmaine: 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2012
Dee60: Now GEJ has fired the hardworking NSA. Let us see what the new person will do> Same way he fired Farida and Ribadu and sent EFCC into coma!

when did GEJ sack Ribadu . . .next time get your facts right before you chose to comment on Nigeria affairs . . .
Nairaland is a place where the average Nigerian converge for several reasons . . .In the politics section, we have various individuals showing robust support for the party/individuals which appeals to them . . . .
No need trying to paint it with your warped assumptions . . .
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by hacklilc: 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ortis: Is tis nt dat same fool dat cald GEJ names.....Sm1 suld pls shut dis fool up 4 me....culdnt he mind his undeveloped ghananian buisness

Hey man. Ghana is far better to Nigeria. We have no rules or Policy. Maybe you need go visit Ghana to confirm things yourself.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Demdem(m): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2012
Gbawe:

of cos there are some individual exceptions which is normal but i feel this is the case for the majority IMO
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by kay1999: 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2012
The most funny part of it is that the so called Ghanians are comparing themselves with Nigerians... Is there no difference between $450billion in GDP with $80billion GDP? You can never meet up with Nigeria as a nation... Go to China, Japan,Usa, Uk import all their commodities it will take Ghana as a nation 100years to meet up with Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tevinsolt: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2012
kay1999: The most funny part of it is that the so called Ghanians are comparing themselves with Nigerians... Is there no difference between $450billion in GDP with $80billion GDP? You can never meet up with Nigeria as a nation... Go to China, Japan,Usa, Uk import all their commodities it will take Ghana as a nation 100years to meet up with Nigeria.
duh do you know the the population Ghana compared to Nigeria......i'm sure Ghana's GdP per head is better than that of Nigeria...........sit down there and continue to take pride in failure

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by jmaine: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2012
I did like to see this man article(s) equally ripping Ghana and her inhabitants . . . .is there any article of his, suggesting a similar trend with his recent slur against the undeniable resilence, strenght and character of the Nigerian spirit ? undecided . . .
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by lacum: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2012
shymmex:

Peaceful - but there has never been peace in Nigeria since I became acquainted with the Country, no?

Hardworking - yet nothing works in that country..

Intelligent - yet the leader of the Country and intelligence shouldn't be in the same sentence..

Nigeria is a FAILED STATE!! cool

peace is not d absence of war but d presence of justice
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by blasterman(m): 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
Nigeria is a laughin stock amongst west African countries they know that Nigeria if Forked. Common Benin republic have stable electricity and that makes them wonder why how can you not have stable electricity. Only in nIgeria is having electricity a miracle or 9th wonder of the world. The people praising this govt are those that have benefitted from the looting, which is atypical
Nigeria thing.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by okcyggen: 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
Even if Prof Ayittey was paid by whomever to speak the obvious truth, the fact remains that it takes a lot of risk n finance (maybe) to say the truth against a clueless but violent government, and to the benefit of a failed state. Now I give him loads of credit for that cos none other (within and without the present administration circus) has been able to stand up tall, look him in the face, call him by his full name (GEJ) and say "GEJ u are a joke". That act is synonymous to suicide going by the history of freedom of speech (negative critique) against a president in this country. Kudos Prof and spread the news beyond boundaries...!!!!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Beaf: 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2012
Gbawe:

Yeah, Nigerians are all id!ots.
Ayittey said so. There should be no double standards, accept your fate. You are here again, trying to deceive the youth with sugar coated poison.
Aint you the same person that praises boko haram and "owners of Nigeria?"

It is people like you that have sold us cheaply to that pathetic clown. You don't realise how foolish you are, but these are the fruits; reap them.
Its a traitors job; being in opposition should not make you a hateful subversive.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by vanstanzy(m): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2012
[quote author=shymmex][/quote]

Though Prof. has said too much, yet he's right. The truth is always bitter "THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA IS ITS LEADERSHIP", pure and simple. Nigerians are just like a herd of sheep without a shephard, sorry to say. Look at the scenario this way, and tell me if its untrue; Its in Nigeria, you provide your Water, provide your Security, provide your Power, provide your Roads, and the list goes on. In fact, their is almost no subsidy on anything, xcept petrol for now, of which we had to fight long and hard to get and yet inflation is the order of the day. OUR so-called LEADERS JUST DON'T CARE IF WE, THE POPULACE, LIVE OR DIE. WHAT A NATION!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by kay1999: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
@jmaine i laff you... im Economist Ghana GDP per capita is $1,800 with how many population? Population of lagos only is the same as Ghana... Nigeria GDP per capita 2011 by World bank is $1750.. if you are a good scholar you should be able to interpret that for me...
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tevinsolt: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
Beaf:

Ayittey said so. There should be no double standards, accept your fate. You are here again, trying to deceive the youth with sugar coated poison.

It is people like you that have sold us cheaply to that pathetic clown. You don't realise how foolish you are, but these are the fruits; reap them.
Its a traitors job; being in opposition should not make you a hateful subversive.

spot on!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Beaf: 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2012
Rewind...

Beaf: Ayittey should not cause Nigerians to hate Ghanaians, he is plying a very dangerous and id!otic route.
The fool sell's Africans to whites for a living, he is the very definition of traitor and backstabber; I have known him for about 14 years now.

I will say it again: no matter how bad Nigeria is, even if it is peopled by the Beelzebub and his hordes, it is not for any bastard foreigner to vent his smelly mouth. This is the exact same thing we complain about in the racist sections of the white press.

Quite clearly, those who are supporting his mentally unbalanced utterances are like bastards with no identity. No matter how bad your fathers compound is, you do not allow strangers to defecate at your front door. We can be thankful to Ayittey for one thing, and that is exposing the traitors, weak willed and low self-esteemed bastards amongst us that would not hesitate to sell their mothers.

Despicable. angry
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by jmaine: 4:28pm On Jun 28, 2012
kay1999: @jmaine i laff you... im Economist Ghana GDP per capita is $1,800 with how many population? Population of lagos only is the same as Ghana... Nigeria GDP per capita 2011 by World bank is $1750.. if you are a good scholar you should be able to interpret that for me...

Oga, Wetin Jmaine take consign your post . . . . .

Quote the right person joor !!!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Gbawe: 4:29pm On Jun 28, 2012
Beaf:

Guy, give this your 'ashewo' idiocy a rest. Can you never take a day off from your pathetic and enduring hatred of others? What concerns me and you on this thread? When have you seen me following you up and down with an obsession to attacking you everywhere over every single comment like the deranged stalker you are?

If I said David Mark is the Senate President you would still froth at the mouth over that truthful statement. That is the extent of your shameless obsession everyone can see marks you out as a very unbalanced person with no real-life 'anchors' to moderate your stupid, enduring and obsessive hatred of faceless voices on an internet chat forum.

Are you crazy or just a frustrated fool, with no real pursuit in life to keep you grounded and sane, to the extent you can carry such meaningless hatred foir other around 24/7 and on every single damn topic? I doubt even the worst, most obsessed and rejected ashewo is this bad. Please, don't make this thread another of your silly and neurotic obsession with Gbawe. Face the topic and leave me out of your madness and unrequited issues of sickening and malevolent obsession with others.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by kay1999: 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2012
@beaf i dont know why the nairalander admin is not doing screening for all these educated illiterates we are having in this forum... Some useless shoe cobblers ghanians will just into this forum and start running their mouth.. We will always be better than Ghanians even south africans... If you want to facts enter google and see economy of africa.....
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by vanstanzy(m): 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2012
Mandelaguy: This man is a swallat! Who is battered and broken? He ha opportunity 2 say this during the military mis rule of so man years,he failed! This professor really needs medical attention andrope examination upstairs. Without sounding arrogant, Nigerians are the most intelligent,ingenious,sagacious,hardworking and democratic citizens in Africa. People who cannot be controlled or intimidated. IBB,Abacha and co can tell you this. No man has the monopoly of power in this dynamic nation because we have never allowed it. Do not allow this f.o.o.l to play with us. It's time to shut him up.

Guy, are you a "BATTERED and BROKEN-SPIRITED" person, No i guess not. Then why do u choose to focus on that point alone. U know ur true worth as a Nigerian, we are an entrepreneurial, tough and strong-willed people. So pay no attention to that comment and focus on the glaring issue at hand and how to get it right, OUR LEADERSHIP.
As for me, i refuse to comment on that Battered stuff he spewed.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by kennethromanus: 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2012
nawa o...ghana dat is not up to 2 or 3 states in nigeria dey even make mouth...sha i no blame dem..dem say if wall no tear into 2,..lizard no go enter.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Beaf: 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2012
Gbawe:

Guy, give this your 'ashewo' idiocy a rest. Can you never take a day off from your pathetic and enduring hatred of others? What concerns me and you on this thread? When have you seen me following you up and down with an obsession to attacking you everywhere over every comment?

If I said David Mark is the Senate President you would still froth at the mouth over that. Are you crazy or just a frustrated fool, with no real pursuit in life to keep you grounded and sane, to the extent you can carry such meaningless hatred foir other around 24/7 and on every single damn topic? I doubt even the worst, most obsessed and rejected ashewo is this bad. Please, don't make this thread another of your silly and neurotic obsession with Gbawe. Face the topic and leave me out of your madness and unrequited issues of sickening and malevolent obsession with others.

Yada yada ya! Blah blah!
Your hypocrisy is boring, bruv. It is easy to prove the sort of boko haram praising, hate filled traitor you are, here are your own words to bury you with:

Gbawe:

keep watching buddy. We will see who has overestimated their touted strenght within a Nigeria where [size=14pt]the stomach, and not enduring principles, is king[b] today[/b]. Boko Haram has been butchering Nigerians from all walks of life so far. What has been the reaction of those who vacuously make noise about their 'powermen' strenght on the net?[/size] Where was the immediate burning of Mosques after the Christmas attack to indicate a readiness for t.i.t-for-tat and we-wont-take-it-lying-down people like you tout?

[size=14pt]Right now, the "owners of Nigeria" will do and undo , plus give the lead, while all Nigeria will follow as is the case so far !!! Many of you don't seem to understand that events on the ground has overtaken the history you so much hold on to and assume other share feverishly , as dogmatic mantra, with you.[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837167.0.html#msg9883217

Any surprises that with people like you, the Ayitteys and and other gutter beings are empowered? Again, I'll remind you that being in the opposition does not equate with being a subversive. Thank you.

Ayittey is a bastard who gets inspired by bastards. Simple as. cool
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Demdem(m): 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2012
Gbawe is obviously Accursed nemesis. Wettin concern him with Gbawe's post nau? na wa oooo? isnt he free again to air his opinion the way he did without attacking anyone?
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by nkemKalu: 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2012
Beaf: Ayittey should not cause Nigerians to hate Ghanaians, he is plying a very dangerous and id!otic route.
The fool sell's Africans to whites for a living, he is the very definition of traitor and backstabber; I have known him for about 14 years now.
If the Prof. is selling Africans for a living, then JONATHAN AND HIS GOVERNMENT SHOULD CONTINUE TO RAPE THIS NATION and keep disgracing us as a leader? ABI? Is that what u are saying? WE ARE TALKING OF SUBSTANCE AND SOLID U ARE TALKING OF LIQUID AND GAS. HABA.....Has the Prof. said the right thing? YES. Are we battered and of broken spirits? YES. Or how would a woman that is raped feel and look like? That is just what our governments has done to us. FULL STOP...it does not matter how long you have known the Professor.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by omenka(m): 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2012
uzomagic: Neighbouring countries are well aware of our previously unharnessed potential and fear that we'll get it right this time. The sad part is that they have been hired by Nigerian paymasters to discredit our govt. failure is their newest habit
It realy pains me to see pple talk this way. Patriotism is not about denying the obvious about your country. Even a ten year old knows this regime and the others sinse '99 are rougue regimes. In your opinion, what credibility does the curent leadership possess? I realy wldnt blame you, I bet you are one of those who thought the popular uprising in January was orchesctrated by the opposition. I weep for my country..
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Beaf: 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2012
nkem Kalu: If the Prof. is selling Africans for a living, then JONATHAN AND HIS GOVERNMENT SHOULD CONTINUE TO RAPE THIS NATION and keep disgracing us as a leader? ABI? Is that what u are saying? WE ARE TALKING OF SUBSTANCE AND SOLID U ARE TALKING OF LIQUID AND GAS. HABA.....Has the Prof. said the right thing? YES. Are we battered and of broken spirits? YES. Or how would a woman that is raped feel and look like? That is just what our governments has done to us. FULL STOP...it does not matter how long you have known the Professor.

If you are battered and broken, I surely am not. cool

I am also sure sure that you are not "battered and broken" because of GEJ's short time in power. If anything, your words put you in the category of self hating waste that Nigeria does not need. You can marry Ayittey if you like, no foreigner insults my fathers compound; in that, I and the vast majority of Nigerians are clearly different from you.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tpapi: 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2012
tevinsolt:
hahaha guy give me a break ......whatever stops the tears sha
hey ya,so u r stil lamentin
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by nkemKalu: 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2012
Beaf:

If you are battered and broken, I surely am not. cool

I am also sure sure that you are not "battered and broken" because of GEJ's short time in power. If anything, your words put you in the category of self hating waste that Nigeria does not need. You can marry Ayittey if you like, no foreigner insults my fathers compound; in that, I and the vast majority of Nigerians are clearly different from you.
How can u be batterd when u promote and glory in evil? U see bad and U will say it is good just because it is ur father or brother and u are even calling this one short term....Infact, the short time is like HELL IN A CELL and I wonder what it will be in the next 4years

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Benue Flood Victim Treks From Benue-Abuja (Photos) / Oshiomhole Pays Condolence Visit To The Family Of Late Mama Ugbowo (Videos) / Secret Police, DSS Deny Sowore Access To Nnamdi Kanu As He Demands His Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.